Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) (28576 Views)

"Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" / Inside Volkswagens Massive Glass Towers Where 800 New Cars Are Stored For Pickup / Ford Self-driving Cars Are Now Delivering Domino Pizzas Across Miami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by ifymadu: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tesla has gained so much ground

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by nextstep(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
MobilityExpress:
If it’s not a Tesla, it can never be the same as a Tesla!

As far as EV goes, Tesla is miles ahead of everyone else. Tesla sits upon the golden mountain, while the others are groping in the valley. That’s why Elon Musk has been confidently arrogant, because the future of the auto industry in is Tesla’s hand, and that future is already here. Tesla all the way. Can’t wait to own a Tesla model S kiss kiss

While I agree with the current situation that Tesla is miles ahead... it's usually not the first mover that wins the race solely on their current position. They have to be careful to innovate and carve out a large niche. Most of the luxury brands will take their lunch at the high end, and then Toyota and Honda will continue to chip away at the lower end. Tesla's efforts to make a more affordable EV may backfire if they have to start competing with Toyota for that market. Even the mid-segment Lexus and Infiniti brands have compelling hybrids that may soon go full electric in the next few years.

2 Likes

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by kolaaderin: 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Milllz:
That’s the extraordinary thing about invention and business, you have to keep evolving to be the best.

All these car conglomerate companies should be ashamed, competing with a Tesla that was just founded in 2003, when some of them have been there for centuries.

Any car manufacturer that fails to evolve to electric car now would soon be put to the achieve of history. I do not want to say sorry to them like we are doing to Nokia in the mobile phone market now. Nokia failed to adopt android as the future of mobile phone in time and we all can see how much they are struggling now for a once upon a time giant in that sector.

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
ritylove:
i pray you wake up soon
grin grin
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by TechCapon(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
amstamon:

Abeg, we no need electric car, cos our oil no go dey useful again,and if e no dey dey how naija go see money take see forward? Like attending to budget issues, constructing/building road, bridges, public schools, even carrying oloshos(by politicians). E go affect our gdp and economy na
we'll fall back on agriculture cheesy
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by ifymadu: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
khalhokage:

Charging stations don't have to be free, but there has to be a lot of them, one thing that is sure is the fact that the infrastructure will grow, Mercedes and a lot of other auto makers have already collaborated in a joint venture to install charging stations across Europe.

here's the definition of a capon:

ca·pon

\ˈkā-ˌpän, -pən\

noun

: a male chicken whose sex organs have been removed

That's why I find it funny.
A 30MW virtual energy storage battery is being deployed in California with smart-grid electric vehicle chargers

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by BedLam: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
MobilityExpress:
If it’s not a Tesla, it can never be the same as a Tesla!

As far as EV goes, Tesla is miles light years ahead of everyone else. Tesla sits upon the golden mountain, while the others are groping in the valley. That’s why Elon Musk has been confidently arrogant, because the future of the auto industry is in Tesla’s hand, and that future is already here. Tesla all the way. Can’t wait to own a Tesla model S kiss kiss
Yeah. In 2005 You'd say if it's not Nokia, it wont be. Now look at Samsung and apple. Including Huawei.
One thing with car is that customers tend to be very loyal.
If a Mercedes and Tesla are given, having the same spec, an older customer of mercedes will still choose a merc.
On the other hand, Elon musk knows the trick of being a magician, wave something funny while keeping the public busy and they will forget anything that's going on.

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Obiomon: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
You'll here excuses like.. "Sorry sir, I couldn't make it to the office today. I was charging my car."
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
grossintel:
Did it discourage you from owning a laptop or smartphone? BTW the latest models can charge up to 80% in 15 min, that's about the time it takes you to have your lunch break. And companies will have charging stations installed for staff's who own electric cars.

Most models can go over 300km on a single charge. Some models (S model) can even go as much as 600km on a single charge. So, for intrastate movements, for someone going to work and normal everyday users, a single charge can even last a week. Charge on Sunday night, use all week, re-charge on Saturday night, lol, what a cool life. Or, imagine going from Lagos to Benin and being stuck inside 6 hours traffic and there’s fuel scarcity and everyone is panicking and looking for black market, but you’re just there inside your car, fully air conditioned, like a boss, no shaking cool. I need a Tesla Model S, someone should dash me one please grin

2 Likes

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by addictiv(m): 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
thats why i laugh when i see people still building filling stations.....when they should be investing in charging stations

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
TechCapon grin

More like TechCapone cool

Indeed E-Vehicle is the future

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
BedLam:
Yeah. In 2005 You'd say if it's not Nokia, it wont be. Now look at Samsung and apple. Including Huawei.
One thing with car is that customers tend to be very loyal.
If a Mercedes and Tesla are given, having the same spec, an older customer of mercedes will still choose a merc.
On the other hand, Elon musk knows the trick of being a magician, wave something funny while keeping the public busy and they will forget anything that's going on.

In this case, in the world of EV technology, Tesla is like Apple, Mercedes is like a Tecno phone. And another critical factor is Elon Musk is like a Steve Jobs + Bill Gates IQ combined raised to power 1000. I mean, literally, that guy is a freaking GENIUS for real.
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by TechCapon(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
emeernest:
TechCapon grin

More like TechCapone cool

Indeed E-Vehicle is the future
lol
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Chronicgenius: 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Elon musk! u better drop ur weed and tighten ur belt,these competitors re not smiling at all
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
nextstep:

While I agree with the current situation that Tesla is miles ahead... it's usually not the first mover that wins the race solely on their current position. They have to be careful to innovate and carve out a large niche. Most of the luxury brands will take their lunch at the high end, and then Toyota and Honda will continue to chip away at the lower end. Tesla's efforts to make a more affordable EV may backfire if they have to start competing with Toyota for that market. Even the mid-segment Lexus and Infiniti brands have compelling hybrids that may soon go full electric in the next few years.

Bro, it’s not about who’s pioneering here! It’s about the brain behind the technology behind the company. Elon Musk is literally a “Tony Stark”. A freaking genius + billionaire + arrogant, playful, resourceful, daring. Elon Musk isn’t just a regular Joe car manufacturer. He is a robotics genius! Dude even built a “mini-submarine” to try help save the Thai soccer kids trapped in a cave. This is one guy people like Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg’s are afraid of. And the guy is still young with so much creative energy.
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by macaphan007(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
khalhokage:

Charging stations don't have to be free, but there has to be a lot of them, one thing that is sure is the fact that the infrastructure will grow, Mercedes and a lot of other auto makers have already collaborated in a joint venture to install charging stations across Europe.

ca·pon

\ˈkā-ˌpän, -pən\

noun

Mehn you got me cracking here....oh goodness me!

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Fawklicant: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
TechCapon:

I agree. The only way electric vehicles can really succeed is to setup free, public charging stations across the country so users who's battery goes down can easy recharge. All these cars supports fast charge technology. BTW what's funny about my name

The fast charge is not with normal DC mains, it is with high voltage charging stations which will be maintained and thus cannot be offered for free. If you want to use DC charging like in your home, you are looking atcharging for upwards of 10 hours.

That Porsche is the true definition of "evil spirit". Dayumn!!! I'm getting goose pimples just looking at the pictures. For me, Porsche, Mercedes and Audi in that order.

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by fineboynl(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
amstamon:

Abeg, we no need electric car, cos our oil no go dey useful again,and if e no dey dey how naija go see money take see forward? Like attending to budget issues, constructing/building road, bridges, public schools, even carrying oloshos(by politicians). E go affect our gdp and economy na
I want it that way so that everybody go answer him papa name
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
amstamon:

and you think the world cares or gives a $hit about that?

If Nigeria does not adjust now....
we will blame ourselves when the chicken comes home to roost
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fundango:
Inadequate Electric Power Supply in Nigeria will discourage people from owning such cars grin
seen a few Tesla's in Lagos and Abuja
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
That Porsche is poetry in motion.

Such beautiful lines.

Like a sexy young woman stretched out on the sand by the beach, you just can't take your eyes off her, no matter how you try to stay cool.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by donqx: 1:08am On Sep 12, 2018
ohhh
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Ay92(m): 3:58am On Sep 12, 2018
TechCapon:
thanks
You're welcome
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 4:46am On Sep 12, 2018
TechCapon:

I agree. The only way electric vehicles can really succeed is to setup free, public charging stations across the country so users who's battery goes down can easy recharge. All these cars supports fast charge technology. BTW what's funny about my name
there will be public charging stations but they will not be free, the fuel you use for ice cars is not free. many Western countries already have public charging stations.
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 4:56am On Sep 12, 2018
khalhokage:

ca·pon

\ˈkā-ˌpän, -pən\

noun

I guess he is confusing capon with capo which has " mob boss" as one if it's meaning.
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 4:59am On Sep 12, 2018
1zynnvn:
Tesla is the apple of automobile. Apple is on a class of its own. Tesla
not true, have checked sales sales figures to confirm that? so of these other manufacturers sell more cars in a quarter than Tesla sells in a whole year.
BTW Tesla is not even profitable yet, it is bleeding cash.
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 5:38am On Sep 12, 2018
ifymadu:
A 30MW virtual energy storage battery is being deployed in California with smart-grid electric vehicle chargers

That's what I'm talking about, infrastructure will catch will catch up with the demand for electric vehicles.

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 5:40am On Sep 12, 2018
ernieboy:
I guess he is confusing capon with capo which has " mob boss" as one if it's meaning.

Exactly.
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Obierika(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2018
Since when did Hyundai become a high end automobile?
Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by TroubleDude: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2018
Fundango:
Inadequate Electric Power Supply in Nigeria will discourage people from owning such cars grin
no worry.. car power bank go dey

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by Fundango: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2018
TroubleDude:
no worry.. car power bank go dey

I pray let it be available by that time then

1 Like

Re: These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) by micfoley: 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
These cars are expensive sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercedes AMG G65 Brabus 900 22 Unvieled At IAA 2017 / Car Rams Into A Building In Surulere Area Of Lagos. Photos / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Nissan Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.