Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

10 Things You Can Do Right Now To Improve Yourself - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things You Can Do Right Now To Improve Yourself (332 Views)

Five Actions You Can Do Right Now To Improve Yourself. / 10 Things You Must Really Do Before Going Into 2018 - Fattkay / 10 Things Every Lady Must Attain Before Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Can Do Right Now To Improve Yourself by Nonychinonso(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
Most self development goals we hear about are very theoretical and you might not know what to do from a practical point of view.

Here are 10 things you can do NOW, that will have an immediate impact on you - both for personal and professional success.
Know your interests

1. Discover your interests

Skills, interests, values and personality

Are you passionate about dancing?
Are you interested in software and tech?
Or do you have a flair for writing?
Take a moment to consider where your interests lie.

Find my areas of interest

2. Follow your passion

Do what you love

It may be a cliché, but it is still the truth. It is in your hands to take that first step towards doing something you love. Start grooming and nurturing your passion today.

Discover what I love

3. Learn a new language

Open the door to endless possibilities

Mastering a new language increases your employability. It also boosts your brain activity and makes you a fast learner.

Unlock a new world

4. Relax your mind and body

Live, run, diet, work - succeed

Listening to music, Yoga exercises, simple fitness routines, learning to manage mental stress - there are solutions all around you!

Set my mind free

5. Save, Budget, Invest

Design your dream financial future

Understanding how to manage your money better can really pay off. Take back control of your financial life by learning about investments and personal money management.

Map my financial roadmap

6. Gain a new skill or hobby

Break the monotony of a routine

Do something that you haven't done before. Mastering a new skill can lead to excitement and more confidence. Why not try photography, carpentry, or even delve into literature studies.

Discover my new hobby

7. Boost your communication skills

A skill you will always need

Whether writing an important business email, or interacting during a social gathering, effective communication is a non-negotiable life skill.

Set up a strong foundation

8. Build your strengths

Get better at what you're already good at

If you have already found your passion, then it is important to keep learning more about it and constantly thriving to be the best. The more you practice, the better you get at it.

Achieve personal success

9. Build your profile

Turn your summary into your story

A perfectly built online profile is a dream for all modern job seekers. A well-written LinkedIn profile + A blog series on your passion + A perfectly written résumé = A winning combination!

Build your personal brand

10. Start a side business

Awaken the entrepreneur in you

Yes, it is easier said than done. It takes courage to overcome fear and self-doubt, but remember, some of the most successful leaders felt the same before pursuing their passion.

Become my own boss

(1) (Reply)

Generator For Sale / See A Jet That Speed Off And Crashed Into A Fence / Professional Laundry And Dry Cleaning Internship Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.