Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon (50188 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Cameroon Accuse FIFA Of Racism Over VAR - Players Cry At Half-time / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Rossikki: 2:53am On Sep 13, 2018
Nigerians need to go and study the history of civi rights and racism in the USA and the west. They simply have no clue, and that makes them so naive and trusting of whites, and totally clueless when classic white racism rears its ugly head.

This is one reason many black Americans cannot stand Africans. They see us as sellouts and Uncle Toms. Who can blame them? Nigerians migrate to America today and enjoy the fruits of prosperity there. But very few of them realise that blacks rioted, protested, and died in their thousands for many decades for the right to even use the same restaurants and toilets as white people in that country, and that those struggles lasted over a century. How many Nigerians know the stories of Dr Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Rosa Parks, Frederick Douglas? Or know the various black uprisings that led to incremental change, to the point where today, Nigerians can travel to America and work in top companies and not be lynched on the streets? We just go there today and act as if blacks have always been welcomed there. As if the struggles for equality never occurred. When racism shows itself, Nigerians there are either clueless, or will be first in line to shout ''that is not racism'', embarrassing themselves by their utter ignorance and cluelessness.

The only remedy is to read, study, and learn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Anduku: 5:16am On Sep 13, 2018
Rossikki:

Shut up and go learn about the history of western racist depictions and imagery of blacks using physical stereotypes.

The problem with many of you Nigerians is that you are completely clueless and ignorant about the civil rights history and struggles in the New World, and the various expressions of white racism that blacks over there have come to know inside out for several generations. THEY are telling you that depiction was racist, and you, who know nothing about that history and experience, are sitting here in Nigeria and mouthing ignorantly, that ''there is nothing racist about that''.

JUST KEEP SHUT AND LEARN, because you are embarrassing.
No, you should shut the hell up!!! This pile of garbage you wrote up here is nothing but an epistle of stupidity!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by bewla(m): 5:33am On Sep 13, 2018
Anduku:
There is nothing racist about that cartoon, it was an accurate depiction of what happened in that game
if that it then she is right wit the umpire thing
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Zanas: 5:56am On Sep 13, 2018
Serena is not the hero in this matter, she's just a sore loser and the cartoonist was completely right with that drawing
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 13, 2018
SilentWisper:
mumu if your father and his entire generation they useless, no mean say others they like your curse house hold fool
Lol, come lemme feed u, broke boy. after like 3 days na now u dey manage get 10mb to reply me.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by jonadaft: 6:31am On Sep 13, 2018
BruncleZuma:
It's racist

The above will stand as long as those quoting me do not know the origins of this depiction of blacks.
You're your own racist.
They call you black and you accept. Are you black?

1 Like

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by jonadaft: 6:33am On Sep 13, 2018
Originality007:
but when they draw Trump cartoon that is not a Racism abi undecided blacks always playing victim cards
You're a racist for referring to brown-skin people as blacks
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by jonadaft: 6:34am On Sep 13, 2018
[s]
salford:
it is actually a racist drawing. Serena drawn like a jigaboo caricature. Black, big fat nose and lips.
Naomi was also drawn like a slim white girl. Even though she is mixed and a little thick.
[/s]
Rubbish!
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 13, 2018
Rossikki:

Oh lawd, please just sneak back into your little hole of self-imposed inferiority and self-hate from which you crept out of. We are not all like you, thank goodness. Brainless dullard. The continent ''cannot rule itself'' yet you are doing far better than your illiterate peasant grandparents did when whites ruled your continent. Mumu.
less than 20 men crossed the Mediterranean Sea and and enslave a full continent, your ancestors sold your brothers for spoons and mirrors you are here wondering why whites think you are less than human.
Continue to live in delusion don't wake up and develop your continent the way the Chinese did and rose up the respect ladder

1 Like

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Slim101(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=sen2paco post=71147650][Coz ur blinded
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Slim101(m): 7:53am On Sep 13, 2018
sen2paco:
[Coz ur blindedquote author=Slim101 post=71135560]In my opinion, I don't see the cartoon depiction as racist.
It's a cartoon for Peter's sake, the characters doesn't have to look exactly like them.

All you imbecilic juveniles that can't even put together three sensible sentences in English should please stay off my mentions.
You can't make any logical contributions without insulting your grand daddy?

Anyways, your father ain't only blind, deaf, dumb and stupid, he also suffers from chronic leprosy.
Hope you feel better now?
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by OyinO: 8:05am On Sep 13, 2018
Serves her right. in her next life, she will learn to avoid the caucasoid devils.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by maasoap(m): 8:07am On Sep 13, 2018
lilbest4:
Africa is at the bottom of social and economic ladder

I meant you personally, as a man from Africa, not Africa itself. Let me hear you say it. Lol.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by maasoap(m): 8:12am On Sep 13, 2018
Jonathan:
[s][/s]
Rubbish!

It is not rubbish, you just couldn't understand it and I got it. I'm sure that if a white man throw a banana at you while passing by, you will catch it and eat it because you just couldn't put it down to racism.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by maasoap(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2018
Zanas:
Serena is not the hero in this matter, she's just a sore loser and the cartoonist was completely right with that drawing

Serena action was wrong but any sensible person wouldn't want to justify the cartoonist's racist's drawing by Serena's display of unprofessional attitude. They are two completely different and unrelated acts.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 13, 2018
maasoap:

I meant you personally, as a man from Africa, not Africa itself. Let me hear you say it. Lol.
if a Whiteman look down on me because I'm from Africa, it's understandable. Here in Nigeria, whitemen that are not even well educated are protected by soldiers it's not even a hidden fact I don't know why people continue to scream racism when it's obvious the Blackman has failed fantastically and proven to the world that he is behind.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by maasoap(m): 8:19am On Sep 13, 2018
Anduku:

No, you should shut the hell up!!! This pile of garbage you wrote up here is nothing but an epistle of stupidity!!!

Be humble enough to learn, you're ignorant.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by jonadaft: 8:26am On Sep 13, 2018
maasoap:

It is not rubbish, you just couldn't understand it and I got it. I'm sure that if a white man throw a banana at you while passing by, you will catch it and eat it because you just couldn't put it down to racism.
White man?
Who/what is a white man?
Is it possible for someone's skin to be white or black?
They call you black and you accept, they call themselves white and you believe. Are you colour blind? Is your skin black? Are they white?
You're your own racist.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by maasoap(m): 8:34am On Sep 13, 2018
Jonathan:

White man?
Who/what is a white man?
Is it possible for someone's skin to be white or black?
They call you black and you accept, they call themselves white and you believe. Are you colour blind? Is your skin black? Are they white?
You're your own racist.

Stop this trash my friend. Calling me black is not offensive or racist and calling them white is nothing. Guess you haven't seen black person before.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by jonadaft: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2018
maasoap:

Stop this trash my friend. Calling me black is not offensive or racist and calling them white is nothing. Guess you haven't seen black person before.
Brainwashed piece.
That's the problem with you people - IGNORANCE.
FYI, colours come with meanings and their definition of black is;
Dirty
Bad (blacklist, blackmail etc)
Unholy
Ugly etc
while white is;
Holy
clean
good etc.
Lastly, I help you with what black and white looks like. Black(charcoal) and white (snow)
Please show me one human that has such skin colour.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Born2Breed(f): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2018
henry49:
hahahahahahaha, you're very funny!

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by maasoap(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2018
Jonathan:

Brainwashed piece.
That's the problem with you people - IGNORANCE.
FYI, colours come with meanings and their definition of black is;
Dirty
Bad (blacklist, blackmail etc)
Unholy
Ugly etc
while white is;
Holy
clean
good etc.
Lastly, I help you with what black and white looks like. Black(charcoal) and white (snow)
Please show me one human that has such skin colour.

Who is feeding you all these trash? Black is bold, courage and strong. White is fragile and weak. I guess you are one of those religious freaks going by all those holy and unholy crap.

You've been programmed to never see black as a good colour.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Born2Breed post=71154870][/quote]You'll never kill me with laughter!
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Born2Breed(f): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2018
henry49:
You'll never kill me with laughter!

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Anduku: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2018
maasoap:

Be humble enough to learn, you're ignorant.
Shut up!! You're the one who is ignorant
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=Born2Breed post=71155753][/quote]This babe self! Are you a comedienne?
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Rossikki: 11:35am On Sep 13, 2018
Anduku:

How will it not be an ''epistle of stupidity'' when you have FOAM where your brain ought to be? If you did a simple Google research of racist depictions of blacks in western imagery, and did a bit of reading and studying of the subject, YOU WILL REALISE that that drawing was racist and was keeping in line with that racist tradition.

BUT OF COURSE I KNOW you will never study or research anything, because you have the brain of a mosquito, and would rather suck white dick for the rest of your dullard life than use your useless brain.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by ooshinibos: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2018
Anduku:

Ignorant people like you are always the loudest in the room. A Little research about Mark Knight the cartoonist who drew that sketch would have shown you a lot of uncomplimentary caricatures he has drawn about white people. He even drew one just few days ago about nick kyrgios a white male Tennis player. Next time before you go off raving and ranting, you might want to get better knowledge of what you're ranting about. I have posted below for your benefit some of the cartoons by Knight critical of white people who behaved badly just like Serena behaved very badly on Saturday

Anduku , you missed the point again , I already told you not to use your Nigerian brain ..your research have made matters worse .. those people in the cartoon your present are not white they are of a different race to Mark Knight , we are not saying he is racist per se but his cartoon was insensitive for example , white people call black people big lips and so fort...even the Miss Osaka in the cartoon he painted as a blonde white lady , why will you change the colour of the other player, even though she is not white but mixed race , Anduku , please close the case , the guy Mark Knight was insensitive and he got what he deserved
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Rossikki: 11:48am On Sep 13, 2018
lilbest4:
less than 20 men crossed the Mediterranean Sea and and enslave a full continent, your ancestors sold your brothers for spoons and mirrors you are here wondering why whites think you are less than human.
Continue to live in delusion don't wake up and develop your continent the way the Chinese did and rose up the respect ladder

First of all, you brainless dunce, go and read and study your history PROPERLY instead of regurgitating illiterate rubbish pulled out of your backside. Name one history book you've read detailing the slave trade as a full research topic? I know the answer. ZERO.

Secondly, your logic is that of a brainless lunatic. By your logic, a South Korean is justified in treating a North Korean like garbage, since the latter are a starving nation reliant on food aid, while the former is industrially advanced. Likewise, whites would be justified to treat Indians and Pakistanis as subhumans since those regions are poor and filled with destitute and illiterate populations. Whites would also be justified to treat all Arabs as terrorists and suicide bombers.

Likewise, YOU would be justified in treating beggars or less wealthy people on the street like inferior animals, since they are not ''up to your standard''.

Martin Luther King Jr, Awo, Nkrumah, etc, should not have fought and died for your right to self-determination, since blacks are worthless and useless anyway, and ''sold their people into slavery''. That is your reasoning. ''Let me remain a slave, therefore''. You are sick in the head, obviously.

Your basic reasoning shows lack of proper mental development and education.

Get this, you misguided, demented fool. EVERY HUMAN BEING ON EARTH has the fundamental right to decent treatment by his fellows. You do NOT treat people badly because of WHERE they come from, or WHAT their country or continent has achieved or not achieved. That is a fundamental law of nature that all civilised peoples adhere to.

YOU can sit in your little corner feeling inferior, but I will definitely not let you come here and claim that racial discrimination is something that we, OR ANYONE ELSE ''deserves''. UNDERSTOOD?

I'm sure when you have a son that is singled out at a foreign airport, stripped and searched and possibly have drugs planted on him, and he's jailed, you will visit him in prison with the worlds, ''Sorry son. You deserved it because you are from Africa''.

Pathetic man.

1 Like

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Rossikki: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
lilbest4:
if a Whiteman look down on me because I'm from Africa, it's understandable. Here in Nigeria, whitemen that are not even well educated are protected by soldiers it's not even a hidden fact I don't know why people continue to scream racism when it's obvious the Blackman has failed fantastically and proven to the world that he is behind.

There is nothing wrong with being a DEVELOPING REGION. It is not a crime, or something to be ashamed of, that you are from a developing region. 80 percent of countries on earth are DEVELOPING countries.

India has more poor people than Africa. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10609407

Doesn't that make Indians inferior to blacks by your logic? If not, Why not?

Are we to say that whites are justified in treating indians shabbily because of that?

Are you aware that in England, less than a century ago, people slept twenty to a room in major cities like London, Leeds, and Manchester? That people died of preventable diseases by the thousands a day even while the elite were building Buckingham palace, Wembley and other landmarks and palaces? Go and read the accounts of Charles Dickens.

Because you don't research or study, you assume that these 'white' countries were always developed and rich, yet it's been less than a century that they've been lifted out of mass poverty. And humans have been around for over 50,000 years. Now all of a sudden, whites are ''superior beings''?

You are truly thoughtless. Go and study human history. No condition is permanent. The whites you worship today were once the poorest people on the face of the earth. The Africans you think are inferior were once the richest and most advanced people on earth. Benin City had streetlights and underground drainage in the 1500s, a full two hundred years before England did. Societies rise and fall, and others replace them. That is the law of the world.

IT IS THEREFORE SAVAGE, BARBARIC, IGNORANT, and UNACCEPTABLE TO TREAT OTHER HUMAN BEINGS AS 'INFERIOR' BECAUSE OF WHERE THEY COME FROM. BECAUSE WHERE THEY COME FROM IS WHERE YOU ONCE WERE.

And you can tell that to the next white man you see and wish to fall down in worship to.

1 Like

Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Rossikki:
V

you are actually a frustrated fool. Go tell your president to stop running to the UK to get paracetamol if you want them to take you as equals.
Tell me, do you welcome almajiris to dine with you in your home ? But you quickly invite people you deem your equals to your home. No two humans are equals

All these your weeping will not stop nada, if you want the rest of the world to take you serious, prove to them that you are not a little bit better than an ape and stop ranting.

The history books you claim to have read are filled with emotional blame shifting just like the rest afrocentric bullshïts which blame less than 20 men for the calamities of a failed continent

The earlier you stop blaming whites for your misfortune the better for you

Blacks treat blacks bad whites treat white bad whites painted ugly cartoons of Donald Trump but immediately a white insults a black everybody starting bleating.
If a Whiteman call Africa poor and underdeveloped you'll start saying trash even when it's obvious that he is saying the truth. What is wrong in calling a goat a goat?
Self delusion can't take you anywhere.
Re: Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon by Rossikki: 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
lilbest4:
you are actually a frustrated fool. Go tell your president to stop running to the UK to get paracetamol if you want them to take you as equals.
Tell me, do you welcome almajiris to dine with you in your home ? But you quickly invite people you deem your equals to your home. No two humans are equals

All these your weeping will not stop nada, if you want the rest of the world to take you serious, prove to them that you are not a little bit better than an ape and stop ranting.

The history books you claim to have read are filled with emotional blame shifting just like the rest afrocentric bullshïts which blame less than 20 men for the calamities of a failed continent

The earlier you stop blaming whites for your misfortune the better for you

Blacks treat blacks bad whites treat white bad whites painted ugly cartoons of Donald Trump but immediately a white insults a black everybody starting bleating.
If a Whiteman call Africa poor and underdeveloped you'll start saying trash even when it's obvious that he is saying the truth. What is wrong in calling a goat a goat?
Self delusion can't take you anywhere.

You reason like an uneducated person, and are clearly incapable of trailing a line of thought beyond that of an ant.

You don't even understand what racism is. You have this IGNORANT idea that racism occurs because white people think their countries are more advanced and industrialised than black peoples', and that if only blacks can industrialise their countries more, whites would 'respect' them and not be racist.

This is an utterly misguided view of racism. And clearly shows you are unfamiliar with the subject, like millions of Nigerians who did not grow up in a racist society.

The real reason for white racism has nothing to do with black, or African levels of 'advancement' or industrialisation.

Racism is about the racist, NOT their victim.

Just like tribalism is about the tribalist, not their victim.

Just like corruption is about the corrupt, not their victim.

Just like selfishness, greed, bloodthirstiness etc, are all about the perpetrators, NOT their victims.

The minute you start to blame an EVIL on the VICTIM, you've lost your way.

White racism stems from white feelings of racial inadequacy caused by a lack of MELANIN, the chemical responsible for skin colour.

Whites are the global MINORITY in that they alone, of all the races, LACK MELANIN.

This makes them genetically recessive. Meaning that when a white person and a non-white person have a child, the child becomes automatically a 'coloured' person, ie non-white.

Thus, racism is a psychological, defensive reaction to that racial recessiveness, that could essentially, wipe out the white race.

That is what white racism is fundamentally about. It is borne of FEAR of 'coloured' people. White people see 'coloured' people fundamentally as a THREAT. That explains their hostility to non-white races in general. The darker they are, the more of a 'threat' they are, and the more hostile the whites get. Darker means more Melanin.

Numerous studies have been done on this. Hundreds of millions of whites spend billions a year to travel to places where they can get the sun, and thus tan their skins. They've spent billions on liposuction to make their lips thicker and fuller. A deep craving for Melanin and to be ''like the others'' affects the white collective.

As the late researcher Dr Frances Cress Wesling wrote, ''white people hate black people because they are not black. If you know this fact about white people, you need know nothing else. If you do not know this about them, everything else you know will only confuse you.''

One example.

The Black Wall Street.

If the argument that whites would respect and love blacks if blacks were more 'successful', were true, this incident would not have happened.

Greenwood, Tulsa, in the US state of Oklahoma, was where we had the so-called 'Black Wall Sreet' in 1920s America. In Greenwood, the blacks built a financial empire of banks, insurance firms, law firms, and industrialists, that were the envy of all America. ''How on earth did these blacks, the subject of our discrimination and abuse, manage to set up this financial empire'', the whites wondered.

Guess what happened? As explained in Wiki,

''As one of the most prominent concentrations of African-American businesses in the United States during the early 20th century, Greenwood was popularly known as America's "Black Wall Street" until the Tulsa race riot of 1921, in which the Oklahoma state government with the assistance of Tulsa's white residents massacred hundreds of black residents and razed the neighborhood within hours. The riot was one of the most devastating massacres in the history of U.S. race relations, destroying the once thriving Greenwood community.''

The whites were unable to bear it. They could NOT tolerate it. The blacks were supposed to be 'underneath' them.

So they burnt down THE ENTIRE TOWN of Greenwood, and destroyed the 'Black Wall Street', and with it, billions of dollars in black assets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood,_Tulsa

IF your thesis is correct, then this should not have happened. The whites would have been happy with the blacks, and their 'respect' for blacks would have increased. The blacks had after all shown that they were as intelligent, astute, and enterprising as the whites.

Instead, it was the other way round.

The blacks were massacred.

If that doesn't teach you something, nothing will.

LESSON: When you see a white person discriminating against you, it is not because your country is not developed. It is because he hates you for being a black person. Understood?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dani Osvaldo: Lionel Messi Has 'No Life', Lives In A 'Golden Prison' / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Lionel Messi Cries During His Last Conference With Barcelona (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.