Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) (4109 Views)

How To Make Suya, Post Recipes Here / Share Your Weird But Awesome Tasting Recipes Here / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:21am On Jul 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I am the caterer, sweety grin

OK then . . . . .
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
Ileke Idi: Depends on what you are looking at. are your looking at 6 main causes or 6 progressive meals?
anyways: for variety and progression you can start with a soup(cow feet pepper soup), then have like 3 different kinds of rice ( fried, jollof, coconut) then 3 types of protein ( say curried goat, caramelized lamb, southern fried chicken, grilled sermon, gizzard kebab), you need some kind of fruit and salad ( Asian slaw, veggie tray and fruit tray). in terms of desert just do different flavors of ice cream served with frozen fruit puree.

summary
pepper coup, rice, goat/lamb/chicken/gizzard, salad/fruit tray and icecream.

Let me know what you are looking it.
cheers!
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2010
labalaba:

Ileke Idi: Depends on what you are looking at. are your looking at 6 main causes or 6 progressive meals?
anyways: for variety and progression you can start with a soup(cow feet pepper soup), then have like 3 different kinds of rice ( fried, jollof, coconut) then 3 types of protein ( say curried goat, caramelized lamb, southern fried chicken, grilled sermon, gizzard kebab), you need some kind of fruit and salad ( Asian slaw, veggie tray and fruit tray). in terms of desert just do different flavors of ice cream served with frozen fruit puree.

summary

cheers!

You sure sound like a chef
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You sure sound like a chef
not a Chef in actuality, just a lover of good food. cheesy
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
labalaba:

summary

cheers!

What's the difference between a meal and a progressive meal?

I like your layout plan tho. Wasnt even thinking about the salad/ fruit tray. Most of these stuff are going to take me a while to cook sha.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2010
A progressive meal is one that contains variety of options. you enable you guest have options to starting up light before going into the heavier stuff.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
labalaba:

A progressive meal is one that contains variety of options. you enable you guest have options to starting up light before going into the heavier stuff.

LOL We're talking about African [mostly Nigerian] ppl here. They dont do [i]sophistication [/i]when it comes to food. Light or heavy, na immediate chop chop grin
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2010
hahahha, lol. you still need variety thou.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2010
Spin on ChinChin,
[img][/img]

Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
labalaba:

not a Chef in actuality, just a lover of good food. cheesy

You doing good . . . . . I think you need to go into Catering . . . . You will make good money
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 24, 2010
Labalaba,

Hey dear, do you have any exquisite spaghetti recipe for me?

Thanks wink
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:43am On Jul 24, 2010
^^^ This person too like food, haba
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

^^^ This person too like food, haba
cheesy wink
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Ileke Idi , recipe update ASARO aka Yam porridg
visit my blog for the full recipe

Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by mamagee3(f): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
Why in the world are users posting pictures of porridge yam and spaghetti while the poster is talking of chicken recipes.

Some users on here are soo crazy!

It really baffles me.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 28, 2010
@labalaba

I'm going to need a very nice jollof rice recipe from you, thanks,

And what do you suggest as a fruit bowl? And cream e.g caramel melts

THANKS SWEETS

BTW, What game do you think a group of ppl can play?

plz plz, answer by tomor, need to send this to someone embarassed
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ Ileke Idi, jollof recipe is already on the blog. look up old postings.
a fruit bowl, since it's summer and there is an abundance of tropical fresh fruits you can have : mango, pineapple, melons and some kind of acidic fruit to balance the taste (say orange).
for ice cream, ahahahah, vanilla is what i always go for (at least every1 likes that)
game: hahahahahh, Have you ever played Taboo OMG, best game ever for 9ja pple. you will hear some descriptions and laugh till you cry.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 05, 2010
labalaba:

@ Ileke Idi, jollof recipe is already on the blog. look up old postings.
a fruit bowl,  since it's summer and there is an abundance of tropical fresh fruits you can have : mango, pineapple, melons and some kind of acidic fruit to balance the taste (say orange).
for ice cream,  ahahahah,  vanilla is what i always go for (at least every1 likes that)
game: hahahahahh,  Have you ever played Taboo OMG,  best game ever for 9ja pple. you will hear some descriptions and laugh till you cry.

Thanksssssssssssssssssssss, ice cream, def. Since it's going on sell nowadays lol. No, I havent played taboo before lol. How does it go?

Where are you sweets??/ I miss your weekly recipes cry cry cry I've been suffering from boring food
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2010
@ Ileke Idi, you have to buy Taboo. pls pls pls try playing it with a whole bunch of Nigerians. just too funny.
I have been around ooo, just been very busy with work, month end.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by 9ja4eva: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
http://mycamerooniancuisine..com/

Amazing pictures of food on that blog
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2010
labalaba:

@Ileke Idi , recipe update ASARO aka Yam porridg
visit my blog for the full recipe

Woah, how did I not see this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Babe, you just won my heart kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

labalaba:

@ Ileke Idi, you have to buy Taboo. pls pls pls try playing it with a whole bunch of Nigerians. just too funny.
I have been around ooo, just been very busy with work, month end.
Where can I buy the taboo? I'd love to try it.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2010
I didnt know I could subsribe to your blog, just did.

Your recipes are amazing!!!!

God bless you!! Keep them coming
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2010
@ Ileke-idi, Most book stores that sell games or game store, carry it. i cant wait for u to play. where do u live BTW.
awww, thanks for subscribing to my blog smiley my project for this week is "appetizer 9ja style" I have to really get creative. I will keep you posted grin.
Have a great week X
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2010
labalaba:

@ Ileke-idi,  Most book stores that sell games or game store, carry it. i cant wait for u to play. where do u live BTW.
awww,  thanks for subscribing to my blog smiley my project for this week is "appetizer 9ja style" I have to really get creative. I will keep you posted  grin.
Have a great week X
I live in Florida.

Keep me posted abeg cheesy Does your site give e-mail notifications?

Thanks to your site, am making asaro today  http://littlemissgastronome..com/2010/07/yam-porridge-asaro.html  looks so yummy
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2010
See how people like food so much . . . . gosh
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by dustydee: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2010
hmmmm!
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2010
Presentation is key.
was too tired to make anything fancy, Made concoction rice, paired it with fresh Tomato salsa (fresh tomato *core removed*, tossed in salt,black pepper and rosemary) for some freshness. served with good old oven roasted chicken and plantain.

Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

See how people like food so much . . . .  gosh
grin grin grin grin so what brought you here? wink

labalaba:

Presentation is key.
was too tired to make anything fancy, Made concoction rice, paired it with fresh Tomato salsa (fresh tomato *core removed*, tossed in salt,black pepper and rosemary) for some freshness. served with good old oven roasted chicken and plantain.

yummmmmmy.
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
My weekend in food smiley
More pictures & recipes on my blog

Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
Now that is yawwwwkkkkkk.
Dodo and raw tomato . . . . . . ?
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Now that is yawwwwkkkkkk.
Dodo and raw tomato . . . . . . ?
lol, DONT BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE, i am sure a trial will CONVINCE you wink
Re: Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
labalaba:

lol, DONT BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE, i am sure a trial will CONVINCE you wink

No one, God forbid bad thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Story Of The First Alligator My Brother Caught Alive This Year. [Photo] / #13,200 Well Spent (photo) / How You Can Use Scent Leaves To Clean Off Toxins From Your Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.