Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest (24026 Views)

Jonathan Finally Joins Ruling APC In Bayelsa Ward Set To Recontest For President / PDP Urges Akpabio To Resign & Recontest, Welcomes Appeal Court Judgment / Yakubu Dogara Picks PDP Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by yns4real: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Yakubu Dogara, has accepted a request by his constituents to recontest the Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa Federal Constituency seat in the House of Representatives.

Addressing hundreds of his constituents who thronged his Abuja home on Tuesday afternoon, the Speaker said he was already contemplating stepping aside, having represented the constituency for almost 12 years now.

He, however, said he was overwhelmed by the show of support and solidarity by his people who travelled from Bogoro, Dass and Tafawa Balewa local government areas in Bauchi State to Abuja to impress on him to run again.

“Some people said they will retire us from politics, but we want to inform them that only God and the electorate can retire us,” he said.

The speaker added: “Because you came, because of your sacrifice, I want to announce to you that I will run to once again represent our constituency. I will soon come to meet you at home to make this formal.”

“I am shocked and surprised because I never thought or imagined that when I woke up today, I will see this mammoth crowd in my house.

“I am seeing faces of people we started this journey with since 2007. I pray God rewards you for this scarifice. I was almost tired having been doing the same thing for almost 12 years now.

“But in recent days I started hearing some rumours and some people were already celebrating that I won’t run again. Nobody can impose leadership on you. Only you, our people, can choose who will represent you.

“I want to assure you that whatever you want us to do that is what we will do. Those who have said that they will retire us from politics, I want to tell them that we have just begun.

“We will continue to attract development to our area; build roads, hospitals, schools and create opportunities for our people to thrive.”

Speaking earlier, leaders of the group, Alhaji Murtala Miyetti Allah, Mrs Keziah Dare and Mr Bulus Iliya Bully said they came on behalf of the people of the constituency to appeal to the speaker to seek re-election.

They said they could not afford not to have him represent them again, given the giant strides he has recorded in the last 12 years.

“I cried bitterly when I heard that you won’t contest again but I am very happy now having seen you. Please continue to represent us. You have done so much for our people. You empowered women and youths”, said Mrs Keziah Dare.

On his part, Mr Bully said: “the people you are seeing are here are because you have done well for us. We never expected the kind of development we are experiencing in our area.

Alhaji Murtala Miyetti Allah made a passionate appeal to the speaker saying: “Please help us return to the seat so that you continue with the good works you are doing. We are calling on you with a loud voice. Please listen to us, wipe away our tears. Don’t quit yet.”

http://yakubudogara.com.ng/speaker-dogara-accepts-request-to-recontest/

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by ABSAO(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
Following grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Votewisely2019: 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Anything can happen
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by seunmsg(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
Campaign poster without party name and logo. grin grin grin

Nigerian politicians are really special breed. If it is not God specifically calling on them to contest, their people will be begging them to contest and if that is not the case, some poor folks from nowhere would just contribute money, buy party nomination forms and present it to them forcefully. It is always never their intention to contest.

Dogara should just go and pick PDP nomination form. Head or tail, he will lose the general election next year.

63 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Mynd44: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
I came looking for the mammoth crowd.

I guess mammoth means "mouse" now

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by tuniski: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Defection now confirmed!
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by sholatech(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
No party indicated on the posters.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Cajal(m): 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
seunmsg:
Campaign poster without party name and logo. grin grin grin

Nigerian politicians are really special breed. If it is not God specifically calling on them to contest, their people will be begging them to contest and if that is not the case, some poor folks from nowhere would just contribute money, buy party nomination forms and present it to them forcefully. It is always never their intention to contest.

Dogara should just go and pick PDP nomination form. Head or tail, he will lose the general election next year.
.....u got it right....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Yakubu dogara should contest under pdp.

But seriously u people mean that lifeless terrorist buhari is re contesting.......

He will be disgraced like king sennachrib in the bible.

8 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Ryott: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Political drama staged to fool the gullible

6 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Lipscomb(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
He made a big mistake for working against the apc. He came from minority Christian and you are lifted up but you didn't see it as an opportunity.

9 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Gossiplover: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
dats good

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Quintuple: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
The highest elective position Dogara can contest is Federal House. Anything more than that is a political suicide.
Even if he return he will be a nonentity just like David Mark

14 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by yomi96(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2018
[color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size] cheesy wayo guy
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by kernel001: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lipscomb:
He made a big mistake for working against the apc. He came from minority Christian and you are lifted up but you didn't see it as an opportunity.

His people love him, he has been there for 12 solid years, not under APC, Pentium One brain.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by kernel001: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
Quintuple:
The highest elective position Dogara can contest is Federal House. Anything more than that is a political suicide.
Even if he return he will be a nonentity just like David Mark

Sorry you think after been speaker then... One becomes nonentity?... Please wake up.

5 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2018
Something is fishy here! If those you are deceiving does not know, you that you are deceiving people will know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Lipscomb(m): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
kernel001:

His people love him, he has been there for 12 solid years, not under APC, Pentium One brain.
assuming you get sense you would have understand me.

13 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by tuniski: 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
kernel001:

Sorry you think after been speaker then... One becomes nonentity?... Please wake up.
Don't mind some of these indomie brains.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by kernel001: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lipscomb:
assuming you get sense you would have understand me.

Your reasoning can't stand primary school grade, that's the only reason why it's below my comprehension.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Quintuple: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2018
Ok
Then tell us the role of David Mark in the senate

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
He spent 8 out of his 12 years in the house as a PDP member. I Wonder how you people even reason. He would be reelected if his people who are mainly Christians want him back

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Lipscomb(m): 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

He spent 8 out of his 12 years in the house as a PDP member. I Wonder how you people even reason. He would be reelected if his people who are mainly Christians want him back
though I don't against quoting but at least its should be sensible person.
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by BruncleZuma: 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Accepted from whom?
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by miqos03: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
Simple
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Oluwaseyi456(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
I will
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by BigSarah(f): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
Under what platform

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Dannyset(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
No more Speakership for him.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Lordbooster(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Get ur pvc's ooo
Re: Yakubu Dogara⁩ Accepts Request To Recontest by Doerstech(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
OK...me too will recontest

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account / Junaid Mohammed: Afenifere Leaders Will Be The First To Flee If War Breaks Out / Governor Soludo Visits Burnt Aguata Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.