Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why (3190 Views)

Beautiful Ladies Support Buhari And APC (Photos) / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 / "Support Buhari To Weed Out Thieves And Looters" - Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
First of all, let me make it known here that my political views has never leaned towards the positions of any political party. I have always been a staunch Critic of the Buhari Administration and My support for Buhari Now does Not mean i have joined the APC, Neither does it mean i have joined the bandwagon of supporters who support them Blindly. I pride myself in being a Non-Partisan Political Commentator and Analyst, and i will continue to remain so.

After carefully observing the current political landscape of Nigeria, i have ultimately reached the decision to support The second Term bid of President Muhammadu Buhari because i personally believe it will be best option for me as a citizen, a southerner, and someone who is genuinely interested in the Future of Nigeria, to do so. This decision was made out of a Rational view point with absolutely NO Sentiments Attached and here are the 3 reasons as to why i came to that decision.

1. What is the Alternative?

When you look at the Biggest opposition party we have in Nigeria today(PDP), and the Candidates that have been touted to be the presidential flag bearer of the party, it causes one to wonder if Truly, is this going to be better than what we have now. If you are a True progressive that is Not driven by sentiments, you will agree with me that there isn't a beacon of hope that the current politicians vying for the presidential ticket of the PDP can offer any Substantial change to what we have now, In fact it seems Things are going to be worse than what we have now if we allow any of the power hungry politicians in PDP to take power. Politicians like Saraki, Atiku, Kwakwaso have all held major political positions before, and they offered us No change then, why should i believe they will do it now? They offer No REAL difference from what we have in APC now, They are not Loyal to any ideology, switching parties however it suits them, and all i see are desperate power hungry individuals who wants power by all means and are ready to do whatever it takes to get it. SUCH A PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN POWER.
Remember, the same people that were shouting anything but Jonathan are still the ones now that are shouting anything but Buhari Now. Anything But Buhari could also mean WORSE than buhari, and so we have to be careful Not to make the same Stupid mistake we made the last time again.

2. The youths are Not ready to support Any Youthful Political Underdog.

Yes, and i say this because whenever i look at a thread where e.g. sowore, Kingsley moghalu or fela durotoye is mentioned, it Pains my heart and makes me feel very bad seeing the kind of comments and replies that are written on there towards these candidates. These same youths that are crying for change, and wishing for young a person to take the mantle of leadership are still the same people that are abusing and belittling these candidates who have come up to offer us something REALLY DIFFERENT. You see comments from Nairalanders and elsewhere saying things like they are not serious, they need to create a bigger platform, they need to join one of the Big Looters party or they need to attain other positions first before they think about the presidency, then they sit all day complaining about the current government, abusing the current youthful candidates while waiting for the Right “Perfect” Messiah candidate to come along WHILE THEY THEMSELVES DO NOTHING. They don't know that if we the youths all agree to PERSONALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION and throw our weight, Even if it's divided, amongst Any of the three candidates i earlier mentioned, even if none of them wins, we will at least be sending out a very STRONG statement to the current status quo parties that we are ready for a REAL CHANGE but alas, we have shown we are not and so this leaves me to wonder, is it that we have already made it compulsory that one of the criteria to become president in Nigeria is to be a Famous Looter? Why can't we the youths throw our weight behind one of these young candidates regardless of their Party, ethnicity, religion and all that, why? I believe It's very obvious that we have all accepted the Classic Nigerian mindset that you must either belong to one of the “Status Quo” parties, or a certain Ethnic background or a certain Religion before you can be taken seriously by anybody including the so called youths and so i rest my case on their matter.

3. Who benefits if another Power hungry Northerner Takes power from Buhari in 2019?

Who eventually benefits If another Northerner takes power from Buhari? The North!
Instead of 8 years of ruling and then handing over power back to the south, it will be 12 years. Knowing very well how desperate these crop of PDP aspirants are, there is no doubt that they would definitely seek re-election for a second term. My people, Must the Northerners Rule us FOREVER? Why MUST it be only a Northerner that should be selected to run against Buhari? Why these Northerners sabi use Our head like this? Since our independence, the United North have always been known to Use the Divided South(Either SW/SE/SS) to achieve Power Every single Time, Why can't we put an end to this Trend that has persisted even to this day and age? Because The south can Never be United enough to Take on the North. So where does this leave the south if another Northerner Takes power? it will mean that for 66 good years since Independence, Nigeria would have been ruled by the North for FIFTY ONE YEARS. This obviously does not represent fairness or The unity that we all seek in this country. I do believe that anybody should be able to become president regardless of their ethnicity, and i personally prefer leaders to be selected on the basis of their competence rather than anything else, but since we are (unfortunately) in a country dominated by ethnic bigots, for peace to reign, the presidency should be rotated fairly between the different regions and Supporting a Northern PDP candidate will only add to an already Unfair Presidential Rotation Policy.

My belief isn't that Buhari should continue because he has done a good job being president, absolutely Not. Rather out of Rationality, it's obvious to Anyone who can see clearly without sentiments that Voting in Buhari for a second term is Better for Nigeria as a whole, its better For the southerners and it's better for the unity of the country As opposed to Voting in Another Desperate Power Hungry Northerner who only craves power for the sake of Power.

And so in light of all that I've said here, Permit me to say SAI BABA 2019

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by BigbamoAYO(m): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
SAI BABA

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by FarahAideed: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
May poor thinking flee from you in Jesus Name

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
FarahAideed:
May poor thinking flee from you in Jesus Name

May you be able to express yourself better next time in Jesus Name.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by ashacot: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2018
You are Blessed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by ki02020(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

May you be able to express yourself better next time in Jesus Name.

Best response of the day

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Arda1000(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
Coming from a certified lifeless disciple,my own be change the chanji NO PDP CANDIDATE WILL KILL PEOPLE 4 FUN LIKE LIFELESS TERRORIST MOHAMMADU BUHARI

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by fallout87: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Voting in Buhari has no upside. Continue to fool yourself that he will allow the power he is drunk from to leave him.

To be honest you probably won't even have a country to rule by the time he is finished destroying it. It took the man three years to do this much damage and you people desire to see what he can do in 8.

... and I tought southern racist were stupid in the US, always voting against their personal interest. Nigerians take it even a step farther.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by beautyoftheLord: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Just read an article of what a white man said about Nigerians. In summary, "They love to "adapt" and have no sense of fighting for their rights and what they believe in". They embrace whatever they see and accept it as their fate. They dont realise man is the master of his fate.
Seen it first hand today. Truly Sad.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
fallout87:
Voting in Buhari has no upside. Continue to fool yourself that he will allow the power he is drunk from to leave him.

To be honest you probably won't even have a country to rule by the time he is finished destroying it. It took the man three years to do this much damage and you people desire to see what he can do in 8.

... and I tought southern racist were stupid in the US, always voting against their personal interest. Nigerians take it even a step farther.

Did you read my post? If you did and you think I'm wrong, fine but tell me, what do you have in mind? what should be the way foward? please Elaborate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Aufbauh(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
God bless you!
It is an open secret that most of those clamouring for change are not been thoughtful and sincere. They're only been moved by parochialism and immediate gain.

Like the OP rightly observe, our youths are not ready to take up the mantle nor support other youths who are daring.

They will tell you that Buhari is too old to be our president, yet same people will support a 71 year old Steve Lawani against a 42 year old Daniel Onjeh for Senate. Shear hypocrisy!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Arda1000:
Coming from a certified lifeless disciple,my own be change the chanji NO PDP CANDIDATE WILL KILL PEOPLE 4 FUN LIKE LIFELESS TERRORIST MOHAMMADU BUHARI

And how do you Know this? How exactly are you sure that Killings wont continue or even become worse under Saraki, Atiku or Kwankwaso? What is your proof? Please if you do, Kindly Provide it here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Arda1000(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

And how do you Know this? How exactly are you sure that Killings wont continue or even become worse under Saraki, Atiku or Kwankwaso? What is your proof? Please if you do, Kindly Provide it here.
maybe i am not sure but 4 somebody with brain its better to cut a rotting hand than to die, (meaning lets try a new hand,is the killings not 2much?)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Arda1000(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

maybe i am not sure but 4 somebody with brain its better to cut a rotting arm than to die, (meaning lets try a new hand,is the killings not 2much?)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:
First of all, let me make it known here that my political views has never leaned towards the positions of any political party. I have always been a staunch Critic of the Buhari Administration and My support for Buhari Now does Not mean i have joined the APC, Neither does it mean i have joined the bandwagon of supporters who support them Blindly. I pride myself in being a Non-Partisan Political Commentator and Analyst, and i will continue to remain so.

After carefully observing the current political landscape of Nigeria, i have ultimately reached the decision to support The second Term bid of President Muhammadu Buhari because i personally believe it will be best option for me as a citizen, a southerner, and someone who is genuinely interested in the Future of Nigeria, to do so. This decision was made out of a Rational view point with absolutely NO Sentiments Attached and here are the 3 reasons as to why i came to that decision.

When you look at the Biggest opposition party woe have in Nigeria today(PDP), and the Candidates that have been touted to be the presidential flag bearer of the party, it causes one to wonder if Truly, is this going to be better than what we have now. If you are a True progressive that is Not driven by sentiments, you will agree with me that there isn't a beacon of hope that the current politicians vying for the presidential ticket of the PDP can offer any Substantial change to what we have now, In fact it seems Things are going to be worse than what we have now if we allow any of the power hungry politicians in PDP to take power. Politicians like Saraki, Atiku, Kwakwaso have all held major political positions before, and they offered us No change then, why should i believe they will do it now? They offer No REAL difference from what we have in APC now, They are not Loyal to any ideology, switching parties however it suits them, and all i see are desperate power hungry individuals who wants power by all means and are ready to do whatever it takes to get it. SUCH A PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN POWER.
Remember, the same people that were shouting anything but Jonathan are still the ones now that are shouting anything but Buhari Now. Anything But Buhari could also mean WORSE than buhari, and so we have to be careful Not to make the same Stupid mistake we made the last time again.

Yes, and i say this because whenever i look at a thread where e.g. sowore, Kingsley moghalu or fela durotoye is mentioned, it Pains my heart and makes me feel very bad seeing the kind of comments and replies that are written on there towards these candidates. These same youths that are crying for change, and wishing for young a person to take the mantle of leadership are still the same people that are abusing and belittling these candidates who have come up to offer us something REALLY DIFFERENT. You see comments from Nairalanders and elsewhere saying things like they are not serious, they need to create a bigger platform, they need to join one of the Big Looters party or they need to attain other positions first before they think about the presidency, then they sit all day complaining about the current government, abusing the current youthful candidates while waiting for the Right “Perfect” Messiah candidate to come along WHILE THEY THEMSELVES DO NOTHING. They don't know that if we the youths all agree to PERSONALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION and throw our weight, Even if it's divided, amongst Any of the three candidates i earlier mentioned, even if none of them wins, we will at least be sending out a very STRONG statement to the current status quo parties that we are ready for a REAL CHANGE but alas, we have shown we are not and so this leaves me to wonder, is it that we have already made it compulsory that one of the criteria to become president in Nigeria is to be a Famous Looter? Why can't we the youths throw our weight behind one of these young candidates regardless of their Party, ethnicity, religion and all that, why? I believe It's very obvious that we have all accepted the Classic Nigerian mindset that you must either belong to one of the “Status Quo” parties, or a certain Ethnic background or a certain Religion before you can be taken seriously by anybody including the so called youths and so i rest my case on their matter.

3. Who benefits if another Power hungry Northerner Takes power from Buhari in 2019?

Who eventually benefits If another Northerner takes power from Buhari? The North!
Instead of 8 years of ruling and then handing over power back to the south, it will be 12 years. Knowing very well how desperate these crop of PDP aspirants are, there is no doubt that they would definitely seek re-election for a second term. My people, Must the Northerners Rule us FOREVER? Why MUST it be only a Northerner that should be selected to run against Buhari? Why these Northerners sabi use Our head like this? Since our independence, the United North have always been known to Use the Divided South(Either SW/SE/SS) to achieve Power Every single Time, Why can't we put an end to this Trend that has persisted even to this day and age? Because The south can Never be United enough to Take on the North. So where does this leave the south if another Northerner Takes power? it will mean that for 66 good years since Independence, Nigeria would have been ruled by the North for FIFTY ONE YEARS. This obviously does not represent fairness or The unity that we all seek in this country. I do believe that anybody should be able to become president regardless of their ethnicity, and i personally prefer leaders to be selected on the basis of their competence rather than anything else, but since we are (unfortunately) in a country dominated by ethnic bigots, for peace to reign, the presidency should be rotated fairly between the different regions and Supporting a Northern PDP candidate will only add to an already Unfair Presidential Rotation Policy.

My belief isn't that Buhari should continue because he has done a good job being president, absolutely Not. Rather out of Rationality, it's obvious to Anyone who can see clearly without sentiments that Voting in Buhari for a second term is Better for Nigeria as a whole, its better For the southerners and it's better for the unity of the country As opposed to Voting in Another Desperate Power Hungry Northerner who only craves power for the sake of Power.

so one of ur point is power should return back to South 2023. Will that bring any change?

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by surgical: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

only under kwankwaso, because he is like buhari in so many ways
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Buterflyle0: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

When you look at the Biggest opposition party we have in Nigeria today(PDP), and the Candidates that have been touted to be the presidential flag bearer of the party, it causes one to wonder if Truly, is this going to be better than what we have now. If you are a True progressive that is Not driven by sentiments, you will agree with me that there isn't a beacon of hope that the current politicians vying for the presidential ticket of the PDP can offer any Substantial change to what we have now, In fact it seems Things are going to be worse than what we have now if we allow any of the power hungry politicians in PDP to take power. Politicians like Saraki, Atiku, Kwakwaso have all held major political positions before, and they offered us No change then, why should i believe they will do it now? They offer No REAL difference from what we have in APC now, They are not Loyal to any ideology, switching parties however it suits them, and all i see are desperate power hungry individuals who wants power by all means and are ready to do whatever it takes to get it. SUCH A PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN POWER.

God bless you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
Arda1000:
maybe i am not sure but 4 somebody with brain its better to cut a rotting hand than to die, (meaning lets try a new hand,is the killings not 2much?)

Bros, Buhari is Not Killing people for the fun of just killing people, the killings started before Buhari and i see no reason to believe it will end with him. There are two things involved at this stage as to why the killings are still going on. it's either he is incompetent in the Area of handling security issues or he is turning a blind eye to it therefore knowingly furthering an Islamic Agenda. If the First is the case, then what reason do i have to believe that any of the Presidential candidates of PDP will be more competent in handling these Security issues if Buhari, a former military General Couldn't handle them? What experience does Atiku, Saraki or Kwanwaso have in the area of security to make me believe they won't even be worse? Then if the second reason is the case then that means it is obvious that Buhari is not the pioneer of this agenda as it started before he came to power, Rather it is a deep state islamic conspiracy from the North to take over Nigeria and all they need is a Northern president who will play along and help them further this agenda. If this is the case, it will mean that we will need a Southern/ Christian president to get to power and twart their plans or at least slow it down. Please which one among the Big opposition Candidates in PDP is a Southerner or a Christian? and why should i believe that if any of these Islamic PDP Northerners get in power, they won't play along with the forces behind the agenda since Afterall, its Furthering their own Belief systems and its to their own Advantage, Why should i believe that these Desperate Northern PDP Aspirants won't Sell us out Again to their Terrorist Brothers if that's what it takes for them to be President? Why should i believe otherwise?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by kolaaderin: 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
OP, One full bottle of Origin on me with tilapia Pepper soup. I have seen this coming since last year that we will have no choice outside Buhari for 2019, Let those mumu keep ranting as if they got other choice outside Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
HenryThegreat1:
so one of ur point is power should return back to South 2023. Will that bring any change?

Yes it will because We are prone to Producing leaders who are more Educated and competent than the Northerners. And history has always shown that major positive changes usually happen when a southerner is in power and so i believe we will see a little bit of change at least. Supporting Buhari for a second term is just like me saying, Oya!! Northerners make una do park una load go!! So we can probably get a well educated and competent southerner back in power instead of giving them another possible 8 more years. I hope you get it.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
Buterflyle0:

God bless you.
God bless him because he support ur meal ticket to continue?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Buterflyle0: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
God bless him because he support ur meal ticket to continue?

God bless him because he is light years smarter than you are.

He gave a well articulated self derived reason why he is standing with Buhari. Something I have never read from you despite you being against.

You can learn a thing or two from him regarding intelligence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Jflex07(m): 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
You have only one vote zombie.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Goandie: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

Did you read my post? If you did and you think I'm wrong, fine but tell me, what do you have in mind? what should be the way foward? please Elaborate.

they dont have any one in mind but still d same circle of polithieves dey will say his beta.
i stand with and by you on this your write Op i came to realise that all dis guys pdp is throwing at us av nothing to offers us and dey av not improve d lives of their states from david mark benue to bukola saraki kwara to atiku and d rest of them.
i am honestly dissapointed in buhari but i av now realize that to improve the fortunes of a country like nigeria it will take alot from who ever is in charge coz the people that benefit from d predicament of Nigeria are very powerful nd av a lot of followers who av sold their soul for wealth nd power.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Arda1000(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
To set the record straight am not against muslims or christains,even if the killings started b4 the terrorist came to power it was very little to notice especailly in benue, now the killing has taken another dimension through buharis body language,have he endeavored to visit the mourning benue people? (ops i 4got all he knows is running from one hospital in abroad to the other) His kinsmen kill and maim inocent citizens,just under 3rs and so much blood have been spilled,are we at war? Have his military being able to kill 200 bokoharam members in 3rs,have fulani killed more than a thousands in benue and other areas?,if u ans the above questions like a man with conscience u will know that this blood sucker buhari will never touch lives,and finally u judge people based on party dats what i see and its not going to help u,i maintain lets try others and see what they can offer south or north and they is notin like islamization

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by yomi96(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
beautyoftheLord:
Just read an article of what a white man said about Nigerians. In summary, "They love to "adapt" and have no sense of fighting for their rights and what they believe in". They embrace whatever they see and accept it as their fate. They dont realise man is the master of his fate.
Seen it first hand today. Truly Sad.
wise words

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by yomi96(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Op can keep fooling him self but you can not fool every body always. U claim to b non partisan but all you did was to demarket pdp while presenting buhari as the messiah that we need. Well news flash Nigerians are wiser and you can take your smear campaign elsewhere

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by lakeside23: 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
everyone in the opposition is a better alternative to Buhari. at least they understand democracy,rule of law,economy and would in no doubt keep the country together putting aside nepotic government kind of buhari gov

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by yomi96(m): 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

Yes it will because We are prone to Producing leaders who are more Educated and competent than the Northerners. And history has always shown that major positive changes usually happen when a southerner is in power and so i believe we will see a little bit of change at least. Supporting Buhari for a second term is just like me saying, Oya!! Northerners make una do park una load go!! So we can probably get a well educated and competent southerner back in power instead of giving them another possible 8 more years. I hope you get it.
u know that the north is retrogressive in nature yet you supported buhari against GEJ a southerner

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 9:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
Goandie:

they dont have any one in mind but still d same circle of polithieves dey will say his beta.
i stand with and by you on this your write Op i came to realise that all dis guys pdp is throwing at us av nothing to prove to us and dey av not improve d lives of their states from david mark benue to bukola saraki kwara to atiku and d rest of them.
i am honestly dissapointed in buhari but i av now realize that to improve the fortunes of a country like nigeria it will take alot from who ever is in charge coz the people that benefit from d predicament of Nigeria are very powerful nd av a lot of followers who av sold their soul for wealth nd power.

Exactly. And also the issue of Restructuring which i do believe can provide a positive and genuine change to the country, can never be achieved by a northern president. NO NORTHERN PRESIDENT, I REPEAT NO NORTHERN PRESIDENT WILL EVER ENTERTAIN THE IDEA OF RESTRUCTURING BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT DOESN'T FAVOUR THEIR REGION AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT. Only a southern president can ever entertain the idea of restructuring this country, just as osibanjo is the only person in this administration willing to give it a listening ear. If Osibanjo he was president, he probably would have made genuine moves by now to restructure how little he can. The last thing we need to do is hand over another 12 years to the North when we can get another Well Educated and competent person in 5 years time.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by UncleJudax(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
You may be right, and that shows how lost the youths are. You would think with the available technologies.....Social media...the youths would leverage on that and take over but no...they are still singing for the same people who have held them down since birth.

Anyway, come 2023, Buhari would signal for third term via constitutional amendment...and the same youths would applaud and sai Baba.

Nigeria is a setup.
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by GavelSlam: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
lakeside23:
everyone in the opposition is a better alternative to Buhari. at least they understand democracy,rule of law,economy and would in no doubt keep the country together putting aside nepotic government kind of buhari gov

Show us evidence of Buhari being nepotic.

As well, show us evidence of the others being harbingers of growth to government.

Show us how they've been incorruptible, seekers of justice and makers of peace.

Atiku - At loggerheads with his boss who has sworn he would never get to the post of president.
PTDF funds from which the young ones are meant to have scholarship to study stolen by him.

Siemens Bribery - Through which he has been denied access to the USA and because of which his 5th wife fled United States.

Jefferson Bribery case for which the senator is serving prison time.

Saraki - bankrupted and liquidated Societe Generale Bank as well as Trade bank. Jay Jay Okocha lost $1 million dollars in that bank. Many civil servants and retirees lost their money.

Panama papers indicates he laundered millions of dollars outside our shores and with cases in Seychelles his wife has quickly claimed to be a British citizen.

Ofa Robbery case in which 31 Nigerians were killed in cold blood by thugs who have been on Saraki's payroll.
By their admission, Saraki emboldneed them by sourcing arms to cause mayhem. Their getaway car was bought by Saraki.

Kwara state, despite being one of the oldest states in Nigeria is one of the poorest. Bear in mind, this is a state that is rich in agriculture and minerals.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBC Igbo Appologised For Posting Endsars Photo As Crowd #BuhariVisit / Photos Of Governor Charles Soludo And His Family After Swearing-in Ceremony / Mr. President's Candidate Set To Declare Tommorow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.