Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why (3188 Views)

Beautiful Ladies Support Buhari And APC (Photos) / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 / "Support Buhari To Weed Out Thieves And Looters" - Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by aderonkebalogun: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
These are the reason i will not support buhari going for second term.

1. Power supply: Nigerians have been groaning over epileptic power supply which has crippled many businesses. While campaigning for the presidential election last year, the APC on which ticket Buhari contested, promised to expand electricity generation and distribution to 40,000 MW. Igerians are still waiting for this to become a reality.

2. Economic crisis/Naira: The value of the naira has continued to dwindle. Today, it’s going up and the next day it’s dropping. As at Monday, April 18, it was trading between N317 and N320 for a dollar. During the campaign period, Buhari was reported to have said he would make the naira equal to the dollar but he has since denied making any such promise.

3. Security challenges: While Buhari focuses on curbing Boko Haram insurgency, he continues to keep mute on the wanton killings by Fulani herdsmen terrorising farming communities across Nigeria. Fulani herdsmen are causing havoc and nothing is being done.

4. Unemployment: Buhari promised the creation of 1 million new jobs annually during 2015 election campaigns. While Nigerians wait for Buhari to fulfill this promise, some who have jobs are being fired on a daily basis as some companies laying off staff due to the harsh economy. People that used to be employed have now joined the teeming population of unemployed persons.

which are the key reasons why we masses voted them in 2015. He should keep to his word and step down That he will only rule for 1 term.
because he has nothing to offer again

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
yomi96:
u know that the north is retrogressive in nature yet you supported buhari against GEJ a southerner

I proudly Supported GEJ in 2015 and as a Rivers Man, i will always be proud of my support for Him, Not because he was a Southerner, but because he was more educated and therefore more competent than Buhari. However, as much as i want Buhari out, i don't get why the Only Candidates the biggest opposition in the country can provide for me to vote are all Muslim Northerners. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THAT WAY? EVEN DONALD DUKE THAT I WAS PLANNING TO SUPPORT COULDN'T GET A CHANCE IN THE PARTY AND HAS LEFT WHY? BECAUSE NA ONLY HAUSA MAN MUST GO. And so i have come to the conclusion that instead of that, I'd rather allow this one see off his term so that later on, a more “Reasonable” candidate can be presented from both parties for us to choose from. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
i agree with the op

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Arda1000:
To set the record straight am not against muslims or christains,even if the killings started b4 the terrorist came to power it was very little to notice especailly in benue, now the killing has taken another dimension through buharis body language,have he endeavored to visit the mourning benue people? (ops i 4got all he knows is running from one hospital in abroad to the other) His kinsmen kill and maim inocent citizens,just under 3rs and so much blood have been spilled,are we at war? Have his military being able to kill 200 bokoharam members in 3rs,have fulani killed more than a thousands in benue and other areas?,if u ans the above questions like a man with conscience u will know that this blood sucker buhari will never touch lives,and finally u judge people based on party dats what i see and its not going to help u,i maintain lets try others and see what they can offer south or north and they is notin like islamization

My dear brother, you are very free to cast your vote for whoever you want to cast if for, this is a democracy and so that's your right. However, me i have decided that i will not allow my head to be used again by another power hungry Northern politician to achieve their goal of holding on to power which they have held now for FOURTY TWO YEARS in this country without anything to show for it. My mumu don do. Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Oluwadare: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2018

2 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
dear op,their are merits to your brand of thought but,is it worth ;
1) four more years of fulani herdsmen attacks?
2)four more years of economic austerity and lies ?
3)four more years of an increasingly divided Nigeria?
4) four more years of selective justice ?
5) four more years of stagnation as the world around us changes?
Obviously,buhari is the man to beat come 2019,but I would vote someone I truly believe in-even though its glaring he would loss

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Buterflyle0: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
lakeside23:
everyone in the opposition is a better alternative to Buhari. at least they understand democracy,rule of law,economy and would in no doubt keep the country together putting aside nepotic government kind of buhari gov

There is zero nepotism under PMB but there was massive nepotism under GEJ and PDP.

Look it up.

Also those who you mentioned saying they understand bla bla bla lack any understanding of anything except how to further take from the nations treasury.

Argue with your keypad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Buterflyle0: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
yomi96:
u know that the north is retrogressive in nature yet you supported buhari against GEJ a southerner

Bigot!

I am a southerner by the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Arda1000(m): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

My dear brother, you are very free to cast your vote for whoever you want to cast if for, this is a democracy and so that's your right. However, me i have decided that i will not allow my head to be used again by another power hungry Northern politician to achieve their goal of holding on to power which they have held now for FOURTY TWO YEARS in this country without anything to show for it. My mumu don do. Thank you sir.
fact is am igbo but its better to blame the north than allowing people like rochas and orjiuzo kalu to be president because they will deal with igbos wella trust me and we cant hold them accountable, maybe all nigerians should note vote and ask 4 a referendum 4 some people who are no longer intrested in one nigeria scam
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by 9jaArea: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
Onjeh is not fit to be Senator, we don't want another Dino Melaye in the Senate please.

Aufbauh:
God bless you!
It is an open secret that most of those clamouring for change are not been thoughtful and sincere. They're only been moved by parochialism and immediate gain.

Like the OP rightly observe, our youths are not ready to take up the mantle nor support other youths who are daring.

They will tell you that Buhari is too old to be our president, yet same people will support a 71 year old Steve Lawani against a 42 year old Daniel Onjeh for Senate. Shear hypocrisy!
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
eduj:
Obviously,buhari is the man to beat come 2019,but I would vote someone I truly believe in-even though its glaring he would loss

I'm glad you are choosing to vote who you believe can make a change regardless his winning prospects, at least in your heart you will know you've done the right thing. If ONLY majority of Nigerian youths are like you, We would be a force to reckon with in Nigerian politics. Unfortunately, this is not so and so i have chosen to me what i believe is the lesser of two evils. Stay blessed man and thanks for commenting.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Afolak(m): 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:
First of all, let me make it known here that my political views has never leaned towards the positions of any political party. I have always been a staunch Critic of the Buhari Administration and My support for Buhari Now does Not mean i have joined the APC, Neither does it mean i have joined the bandwagon of supporters who support them Blindly. I pride myself in being a Non-Partisan Political Commentator and Analyst, and i will continue to remain so.

After carefully observing the current political landscape of Nigeria, i have ultimately reached the decision to support The second Term bid of President Muhammadu Buhari because i personally believe it will be best option for me as a citizen, a southerner, and someone who is genuinely interested in the Future of Nigeria, to do so. This decision was made out of a Rational view point with absolutely NO Sentiments Attached and here are the 3 reasons as to why i came to that decision.

1. What is the Alternative?

When you look at the Biggest opposition party we have in Nigeria today(PDP), and the Candidates that have been touted to be the presidential flag bearer of the party, it causes one to wonder if Truly, is this going to be better than what we have now. If you are a True progressive that is Not driven by sentiments, you will agree with me that there isn't a beacon of hope that the current politicians vying for the presidential ticket of the PDP can offer any Substantial change to what we have now, In fact it seems Things are going to be worse than what we have now if we allow any of the power hungry politicians in PDP to take power. Politicians like Saraki, Atiku, Kwakwaso have all held major political positions before, and they offered us No change then, why should i believe they will do it now? They offer No REAL difference from what we have in APC now, They are not Loyal to any ideology, switching parties however it suits them, and all i see are desperate power hungry individuals who wants power by all means and are ready to do whatever it takes to get it. SUCH A PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN POWER.
Remember, the same people that were shouting anything but Jonathan are still the ones now that are shouting anything but Buhari Now. Anything But Buhari could also mean WORSE than buhari, and so we have to be careful Not to make the same Stupid mistake we made the last time again.

2. The youths are Not ready to support Any Youthful Political Underdog.

Yes, and i say this because whenever i look at a thread where e.g. sowore, Kingsley moghalu or fela durotoye is mentioned, it Pains my heart and makes me feel very bad seeing the kind of comments and replies that are written on there towards these candidates. These same youths that are crying for change, and wishing for young a person to take the mantle of leadership are still the same people that are abusing and belittling these candidates who have come up to offer us something REALLY DIFFERENT. You see comments from Nairalanders and elsewhere saying things like they are not serious, they need to create a bigger platform, they need to join one of the Big Looters party or they need to attain other positions first before they think about the presidency, then they sit all day complaining about the current government, abusing the current youthful candidates while waiting for the Right “Perfect” Messiah candidate to come along WHILE THEY THEMSELVES DO NOTHING. They don't know that if we the youths all agree to PERSONALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION and throw our weight, Even if it's divided, amongst Any of the three candidates i earlier mentioned, even if none of them wins, we will at least be sending out a very STRONG statement to the current status quo parties that we are ready for a REAL CHANGE but alas, we have shown we are not and so this leaves me to wonder, is it that we have already made it compulsory that one of the criteria to become president in Nigeria is to be a Famous Looter? Why can't we the youths throw our weight behind one of these young candidates regardless of their Party, ethnicity, religion and all that, why? I believe It's very obvious that we have all accepted the Classic Nigerian mindset that you must either belong to one of the “Status Quo” parties, or a certain Ethnic background or a certain Religion before you can be taken seriously by anybody including the so called youths and so i rest my case on their matter.

3. Who benefits if another Power hungry Northerner Takes power from Buhari in 2019?

Who eventually benefits If another Northerner takes power from Buhari? The North!
Instead of 8 years of ruling and then handing over power back to the south, it will be 12 years. Knowing very well how desperate these crop of PDP aspirants are, there is no doubt that they would definitely seek re-election for a second term. My people, Must the Northerners Rule us FOREVER? Why MUST it be only a Northerner that should be selected to run against Buhari? Why these Northerners sabi use Our head like this? Since our independence, the United North have always been known to Use the Divided South(Either SW/SE/SS) to achieve Power Every single Time, Why can't we put an end to this Trend that has persisted even to this day and age? Because The south can Never be United enough to Take on the North. So where does this leave the south if another Northerner Takes power? it will mean that for 66 good years since Independence, Nigeria would have been ruled by the North for FIFTY ONE YEARS. This obviously does not represent fairness or The unity that we all seek in this country. I do believe that anybody should be able to become president regardless of their ethnicity, and i personally prefer leaders to be selected on the basis of their competence rather than anything else, but since we are (unfortunately) in a country dominated by ethnic bigots, for peace to reign, the presidency should be rotated fairly between the different regions and Supporting a Northern PDP candidate will only add to an already Unfair Presidential Rotation Policy.

My belief isn't that Buhari should continue because he has done a good job being president, absolutely Not. Rather out of Rationality, it's obvious to Anyone who can see clearly without sentiments that Voting in Buhari for a second term is Better for Nigeria as a whole, its better For the southerners and it's better for the unity of the country As opposed to Voting in Another Desperate Power Hungry Northerner who only craves power for the sake of Power.

And so in light of all that I've said here, Permit me to say SAI BABA 2019
U are one of the uncommon youth with adequate wisdom and understand,May God grant u more of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oluwadare:
Now this is a thread that gives room for matured and constructive arguments. I expect any deep,radical or orthodox thinkers to have concluded by now that no matter how much as a Nigerians we want better country for ourselves, hence trying to change the current government, there is just no viable competent hands from the major opposition parties we have right now in the country.

I'm open to more viable and better option candidate that can try his/her luck as a president of this great country, but certainly not from the current individuals from the opposition parties we have now. Hence, I'd say I'm partially leaning towards the Op opinion.

Glad to meet someone at last with a Rational mind like yours. These days it seems like supporting Buhari is synonymous with Not wanting the country to progress. But as a Rational true Progressive, one should be able to see that Nigeria as a country is very Ethnically Divided, and so that means Competence comes second to ethnic background when the nation is selecting its leader, a sad reality. Since then the southerners are usually more progressive minded than the North, i have decided to place my stakes on a southern presidency as the 'closest' path to us getting someone with a progressive and 21st century mindset as president. And so to achieve this goal, The current president should be allowed to have his time, paving way for the two parties to be able to present different candidates from different parts of the South(either SW/SE/SS) for us to choose from.. thereby greatly increasing the chance that we might pick someone with the mental capacity and competence to engineer a real positive change in this country. Thanks for sharing your thoughts bro.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Goandie: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

Exactly. And also the issue of Restructuring which i do believe can provide a positive and genuine change to the country, can never be achieved by a northern president. NO NORTHERN PRESIDENT, I REPEAT NO NORTHERN PRESIDENT WILL EVER ENTERTAIN THE IDEA OF RESTRUCTURING BECAUSE THEY KNOW IT DOESN'T FAVOUR THEIR REGION AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT. Only a southern president can ever entertain the idea of restructuring this country, just as osibanjo is the only person in this administration willing to give it a listening ear. If Osibanjo he was president, he probably would have made genuine moves by now to restructure how little he can. The last thing we need to do is hand over another 12 years to the North when we can get another Well Educated and competent person in 5 years time.

when you say restructuring, the question i have for you is that wat is there to restructure.
i understand you points but V.p mite not live to tell d tale nd i also see him as a puppet that is just bein used.
nigeria politics is deeper than you think or might know, we are in a very long boring ride that is far from ending unless
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Oluwadare: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrMystrO:

Glad to meet someone at last with a Rational mind like yours. These days it seems like supporting Buhari is synonymous with Not wanting the country to progress. But as a Rational true Progressive, one should be able to see that Nigeria as a country is very Ethnically Divided, and so that means Competence comes second to ethnic background when the nation is selecting its leader, a sad reality. Since then the southerners are usually more progressive minded than the North, i have decided to place my stakes on a southern presidency as the 'closest' path to us getting someone with a progressive and 21st century mindset as president. And so to achieve this goal, The current president should be allowed to have his time, paving way for the two parties to be able to present different candidates from different parts of the South(either SW/SE/SS) for us to choose from.. thereby greatly increasing the chance that we might pick someone with the mental capacity and competence to engineer a real positive change in this country. Thanks for sharing your thoughts bro.
sincerely. You have enlightened opinion that is backed with explicit explanations. Ceteris paribus, if there is valid assurance from the corridor of power that at the eventuality of this administration (I.e after spending their eight years in power) they will allow power to move to the south as you envisaged, then I'd be really campaigning for them as seems to me that only south can restructure this country which I'm seriously clamouring for.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 7:20am On Sep 12, 2018
Oluwadare:
sincerely. You have enlightened opinion that is backed with explicit explanations. Ceteris paribus, if there is valid assurance from the corridor of power that at the eventuality of this administration (I.e after spending their eight years in power) they will allow power to move to the south as you envisaged, then I'd be really campaigning for them as seems to me that only south can restructure this country which I'm seriously clamouring for.

Thanks bro. I do believe that power will be handed over to the south because the North knows the Unity of the country Depends on it and so they should know better. I am Not an ethnic bigot at all and i hate sounding like one but at this stage, we have no choice than to play politics the Nigerian way which is the ethnic way.. so in the end, we can still get to our goal of creating the positive change WE ALL want to see.
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by ola12(m): 10:50am On Sep 12, 2018
From your writeup it seems your mind isn't completely set in stone yet, you are only supporting buhari for lack of a better candidate (the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know kindof scenario). But dont forget that this was the same mistake we made in 2015 voting him in in the first place, because we thought, well he was not perfect but atleast he is better than the other candidates (which at this point is highly debatable).
Buhari is not a good president, there's no way you can sugarcoat it, ignore those people commending you because they cant even produce a good reason for supporting him if you ask them. Instead of hurriedly making this decision which seems forced, why not keep supporting the durotoyes and the somores, you dont know if you might incite a revolution in the minds of nairaland youth to support them the way you wished in your post.
I'm not trying to make you change your mind cos I respect your decision, but honestly supporting buhari because you think theres no better choice is probably a bad idea
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by lakeside23: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2018
zero in deep.all service chiefs been from same zone for the first time not nepotic to you. for a Nigerian who thinks Nigeria is moving forward under buhari is actually insanity or not been able to correctly define the word "development"
Buterflyle0:

There is zero nepotism under PMB but there was massive nepotism under GEJ and PDP.

Look it up.

Also those who you mentioned saying they understand bla bla bla lack any understanding of anything except how to further take from the nations treasury.

Argue with your keypad

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Buterflyle0: 11:47am On Sep 12, 2018
lakeside23:
zero in deep.all service chiefs been from same zone for the first time not nepotic to you. for a Nigerian who thinks Nigeria is moving forward under buhari is actually insanity or not been able to correctly define the word "development"

Lmao I suggest you go and look at the service chiefs during GEJ tenure and the zone they all came from then you will see who the nepotic one truly is.

Nigeria is indeed moving forward and if you choose to deny it to yourself, that is your cup of tea
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by dchem(m): 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
I respect your decision most of which I see reasons with. Unfortunately, I rather vote Sowore, Moghalu and they end up not winning than contribute my vote to the current government. I can't be party to pretenders. Oshiomole went from union leader to a billionaire with petitions sitting on EFCC office or is it Tinubu or the many more criminals who I feel offended wherever they mention anti-corruption. I will cast my vote for the candidate that has a vision I can support dazzol.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
eduj:

I wonder why Nigerians fail to take saraki to task on the issue of herdsmen. If saraki really cared about Nigeria, as a senate president, he should have passed a law banning open grazing of cattle in Nigeria.

The executive cannot solve the issue of herdsmen until open grazing is criminalised in Nigeria. The police and army cannot secure the numerous villages we have in this country following herdsmen to stop killing.

Saraki is trying to reap from the crisis instead of providing solution as a leader.
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by lakeside23: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
just like i said,depends on how u define forward. if u define an 85 naira to 145 naira a litter of fuel as moving forward or 9k bag of rice thats now 17k plus as moving forward. broz i suggest u need review your definition of the word forward. grin grin grin grin grin
Buterflyle0:

Lmao I suggest you go and look at the service chiefs during GEJ tenure and the zone they all came from then you will see who the nepotic one truly is.

Nigeria is indeed moving forward and if you choose to deny it to yourself, that is your cup of tea

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by MrMystrO(m): 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
Lol it's just so funny to see people crying over osun... what kind of stupid people do we have in this country ehhn?
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Turantula(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
Another BMC Zombie talking rubbish. I'll rather vote the devils's senior brother than vote for Sheik Terrorist Buhari
Re: I Have Finally Decided To Support Buhari's Bid For A Second Term And Here's Why by Lipscomb(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
God bless you bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Commends Military’s Security, Peace Advocacy In Enugu / Unkind Things US Diplomatic Cables Reported Tinubu To Have Said About Buhari / History Of Etche People In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.