Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm (8690 Views)

Mambilla: FG Directs NSIA To Source $200m Judgment Debt For Chinese Firm / LASG Seals Chinese Firm, Declares Zero Tolerance For Safety Measures / Amaechi: Chinese Firm Embarrassing Nigeria Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by johnmattew: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2018
oladayo63:

I understand you bro. It's a pity our leaders are short sighted. We only care about the now. If we can't pay off this loans, the Chinese will take over our assets. What will our next generation inherit? And like you know, he how owns the asset owns the underlying asses - land.

The Chinese are in Africa to colonise and take over our land. We just too dumb in this corner of the globe.

Zambia is already defaulting some Chinese loan and China took over ZESCO - a government owned power company. https://www.lusakatimes.com/2018/09/04/china-to-take-over-zesco-africa-confidential/

Modified:
Kenyans are worried too.
learn to read...it's an investment,not loan
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Esseite:
Dont usually believe tales few months to election...

We keep talking about china this and that, cant the chinese fix Nigerian light situation and ajaokuta steel plant rather than all these loans we corruptly take without seeing actual work.

This is not a loan. This is a partnership. Profits would be shared.

Regarding the light situation, funding commitment has been gotten for the mambila power plant which when finished, would add over 3000megawatts to our national grid and per ajaokuta steel mill, the private sector is already on that
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by johnmattew: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2018
12345baba:
China is practicing modern colonialism everywhere. If that's what will make us better then let's enjoy the slavery
learn to ralead b4 commenting
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by RexTramadol1: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2018
Hehehehe!
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 11:14am On Sep 12, 2018
win2kwire:
Nigeria enters another Chinese loan trap.

Dunces everywhere. This is not a loan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 12, 2018
grin

Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Arthurity1(m): 11:20am On Sep 12, 2018
This money is going to miss inside somebody's pocket!
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by slivertongue: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2018
$2Billion??
good development if true.
because govt is gud in throwin up figures to get accolades
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 12, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.businessdayonline.com/business-economy/article/nigeria-gets-2bn-cotton-industry-investment-chinese-firm/

Front page: Lalasticlala

All these loans and investments from China is making me nervous.
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Bidobado1:

All these loans and investments from China is making me nervous.

This is not a loan. This is an investment or otherwise known as a partnership.

Profits are what is shared and even that is for an agreed number of years and then it becomes the full property of the state.
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2018
Esseite:
Dont usually believe tales few months to election...

We keep talking about china this and that, cant the chinese fix Nigerian light situation and ajaokuta steel plant rather than all these loans we corruptly take without seeing actual work.

You can't fix the light situation otherwise the elites that gain from generator sales will start loosing moneyZ.
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2018
win2kwire:

Apes everywhere, they don't know what a Chinese loan is!

Define an investment and a loan especially since this is an investment. When you do, then you know who the Ape is.
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by omohayek: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2018
This is just another meaningless MOU that won't ever lead to anything concrete. All of the issues that make Nigeria such an unattractive place for FDI still remain in place, and until they are fixed, no amount of gallivanting about by Nigerian politicians will ever lead to substantial private investment coming into the country, just more worthless "understandings" that make for good headlines just before elections.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
win2kwire:

Since you don't know what Chinese call loans to African economies I will upgrade you to Gorilla!

Since you don't know the difference between investment and loan I will upgrade you to a leprechaun
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
win2kwire:

Gorilla!

This will help you.

The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, said Nigeria has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/nigeria-china-sign-2bn-mou-on-cotton-industry-says-minister/
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/nigeria-china-sign-2bn-mou-on-cotton-industry-says-minister/

Definition of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
https://simply-docs.co.uk/Guarantee-and-Indemnity-Agreements/Memorandum-of-Understanding-Loan-Guarantee-Agreement

Leprechaun this will help you.

A memorandum of understanding (MOU) is a nonbinding agreement between two or more parties outlining the terms and details of an understanding, including each parties' requirements and responsibilities

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/mou.asp
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Buterflyle0: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
win2kwire:

I have gone as far as I can with you primate!
Good luck with your time on this planet pretending to be human.

Hahaha cop out.

Invest-o-pedia is the authority when it comes to business definitions.

Leprechaun for life is who you are
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by PassingShot(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
tayo4ng:
Buhari,Buhari, Buhari how many times did i call u.don't use my inborn children as a equilateral to your borrowing ooooo.
Go get quality education first before turning wailing into your passion.

Equilateral ko, equator ni.
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by islandmoon: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
if you believe this , I have a bridge I'm donating to Igbos if they vote for buhari

second Niger bridge

Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by pennyforthought: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Honestly? Nigeria needs an expansion of its textiles sector. We have a huge youthful population that enjoys the latest fashions in addition to demand for ropes, carpets etc. Nigeria also has the right kind of soil for growing cotton and increased investment in cotton farming can help revitalize our shrunken agriculture industry and make farming an attractive profession again thus helping the unemployed youth. We currently import most of our textiles where we once had thriving textile mills. Textiles are also the cheapest and easiest to set up Industry.

If we are able to successfully grow cotton at home and set up competitive and efficient textile mills we can not only clothe our own population and stimulate the gdp while lowing imports but we can also export to the American continent which currently imports textiles from the further away Asia.
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.businessdayonline.com/business-economy/article/nigeria-gets-2bn-cotton-industry-investment-chinese-firm/

Front page: Lalasticlala

we don't need loans from China. The daura fossil said he has saved 47 billion dollars in the foreign reserves. Let him use it n invest in cotton/power sector.
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by Optional09: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
I have always wanted this stuff, sad that’s this currupt guy that’s doing it. It is wont get anywhere
Re: Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm by blimeyVic(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Though it's the Federal government that handles international trade, but I think we should also give some credit to the
Governor of Abia State,
His Excellency Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu

of the PDP for spearheading the achievement of the feat.

We must join hands to build Nigeria.
#God Bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Moghalu, Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Others Stand No Chance By Deji Yesufu / Lalong Asks Buhari To Revive Livestock Transformation Plan To Stem Insecurity / I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.