Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users (25350 Views)

Video Of How Road Users In The Netherlands Give Way To An Ambulance(pix,vid) / Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users / Mile 2/Apapa Expressway: The Agony Of Lagos Commuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by bigfrancis21: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2018
Honestly, with the way I've gotten used to better living conditions in the US, I often wonder how I'd cope if I were to live in Nigeria again permanently.

3 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Dootty(m): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2018
columbus007:
dont you understand? they are here, they are in all media to shatter is administration, tinubu,once you know you know.

Same media that hyped his mediocre works.
Lesson he who rides on the back of the tiger would end up becoming his meal.

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2018
Shaev7:
The same Autojosh or AutoReportNg posted last month this same road that it's very good. He went to snap Mile 2 neglecting under bridge down to Okoko, Badagry. Why do people take pleasure in praising people who are even biased to some LGAs which they don't like? People face hell on that road daily Jan to Dec and there is never improvement. Currently the CC have stopped work. Now it's back to where it was. Alakija is a bit fair. But soon it will hell breaks loose for that road. I still don't know why federal government still own roads in this country.
So those of us from mile2/badagry no dey pay tax? Ambode messed up fashola's work, at least Fashola used to patch up the road, that road dey affect my business badly

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by edupedia: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2018
gatecrash123:
some useless people will come and start shouting "buhari till 2019" nonsense (spits)

...back to sender and all the witches in someone's village who are making that person say absolute rubbish on Nairaland...
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by largeman4u(m): 11:39am On Sep 12, 2018
Ambode has truly failed in all aspect.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Ugosample(m): 11:48am On Sep 12, 2018
MICHEALADEX:
Do you expect construction site to be shunning? Lagos is to congested for road diversion. But the pig republic can return to their red planet and give us some space to build our mega city in peace

what is this fool saying
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Ugosample(m): 11:50am On Sep 12, 2018
bigfrancis21:
Honestly, with the way I've gotten used to better living conditions in the US, I often wonder how I'd cope if I were to live in Nigeria again permanently.

i tell you
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Sotland: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
wwwtortoise:
shocked
To say that the government of Lagos State is unconcerned with road conditions all around the city is false.

I have plied badagry express way a number of times and sincerely, there are lots of construction ongoing.

However, I think the major setback is inadequate financing (depending on the contract terms) which is always a halting factor in every work-in-progress.

Do you know that badagry express way was commissioned and started before Ikorodu express? Yet, Ikorodu express which has about more than 7 bridges was completed within 2yrs if I'm correct..

What I feel is the Pointer

While Badagry express is an Ecowas Project but Ikorodu express is a Federal road co-owned by the state, however the state took up the project and was fully financed.

Hindrance

The same CCECC construction company that'd handle Ikorodu express till completion is also handling the Badagry express road. SO, why complete the former in a short time and yet to successfully complete Badagry road? The Badagry road is facing a serious Financial problem. It lacks proper finance. So, since the government is not releasing adequate funds for the project, the company works with the available funds they received and when it finishes, work stops.

Unfair to the Users

People that plies Badagry express are subject to surviving and smiling situation since they have no other alternative route. The Government has been so unfair to people that plies this route and not even considering the fact that they will be subjected to paying for the express in the future as there are tollgate points. The Ikorodu express has no tollgate built yet they are quick to fund it because the likes of Tinubu,fashola and akinbode has vast land investment "estate and landed properties".

There is not a day or week that passes without a vehicle falling down on that road. A lot of people has recorded major lost due to the bad road. I sympathize the millions of people using the route.

Soty

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by agarawu23(m): 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
A worst and horrible road. You will likely change your car parts every week if u ply there daily.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by temmytee2309: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
That road is a shit hole, i left that area in 2016 but its still the same way i left it. I once drove along that road going to volks bustop precisely at the vehicle asembly plant at volks bustop, i got hooked up in holdup at agric bustop already seeing my destination cos d company fence streches down to agric bustop can u imagine i still spend 5hours just to branch to that company?
I hope those in charge of fixing d road should av a slightest idea if what pple are going through there.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by wwwtortoise(m): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sotland:

Do you know that badagry express way was commissioned and started before Ikorodu express? Yet, Ikorodu express which has about more than 7 bridges was completed within 2yrs if I'm correct..

While Badagry express is an Ecowas Project but Ikorodu express is a Federal road co-owned by the state, however the state took up the project and was fully financed.

Hindrance

The same CCECC construction company that'd handle Ikorodu express till completion is also handling the Badagry express road. SO, why complete the former in a short time and yet to successfully complete Badagry road? The Badagry road is facing a serious Financial problem. It lacks proper finance. So, since the government is not releasing adequate funds for the project, the company works with the available funds they received and when it finishes, work stops.

Unfair to the Users

People that plies Badagry express are subject to surviving and smiling situation since they have no other alternative route. The Government has been so unfair to people that plies this route and not even considering the fact that they will be subjected to paying for the express in the future as there are tollgate points. The Ikorodu express has no tollgate built yet they are quick to fund it because the likes of Tinubu,fashola and akinbode has vast land investment "estate and landed properties".

There is not a day or week that passes without a vehicle falling down on that road. A lot of people has recorded major lost due to the bad road. I sympathize the millions of people using the route.

Soty

Exactly my point @bolded
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by atausenima(f): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
a new kingdom will eradicate all mankind problems

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
A lot of person are praying for their companies to transfer them outside Lagos.
Lagos is noisy as a military personel told me this morning.

\politics has spoilt and destroyed the nature of Lagos Badagry Expressway.
Why give such a huge project to CCECC alone. that project is meant for arleast 3 construction compsnies.
See where Berger handled, no stories till date. from Mazamaza bridge down to theatre and island. very fine.
Chinese clowns are busy destroying and jumping to another long range area to avoid the contract being split or given to someone else to the detriment of innocent Lagosians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by papijulah: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
wwwtortoise:
shocked
To say that the government of Lagos State is unconcerned with road conditions all around the city is false.

I have plied badagry express way a number of times and sincerely, there are lots of construction ongoing.

However, I think the major setback is inadequate financing (depending on the contract terms) which is always a halting factor in every work-in-progress.

You are a satanist.

You know nothing about that road.

The state of the road is worse than Nigeria's present predicament.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by papijulah: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
kingthreat:
I told myself, I can never live along badagry road again despite growing up there. Lagos State has never given a damn about from Mile 2 downwards. I don't blame them. They dont get revenue from there neither does APC get votes from there. Power there is very epileptic. So if you're keen on enjoying Lagos, get the furk out of there.

I doubt your claim about growing up around that axis hence you will know Lagos state generates more than half of Lagos state revenue from That axis. Alaba intl, trade fair, Alaba Rago, seme border and so many are on that route.

Next time say what you know

4 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by caracas: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
Administration1:
The best and most tactical politician we have in Nigeria is Tinubu, because one can only imagine that all these bad reports from Lagos are coming out as a result of the fall-out between him and Ambode

Fear Tinubu,

Any State election in which Tinubu is on ground physically, just know that whosoever he is supporting has won.

He is a master-game-changer. The trickiest of them all.
He can only be successful in the southwest west with their mentality of slavery .
A region where one criminal n thief wud stand up and command its ppl to follow one path n they will .
He shud go to the southeast or south south or even the north n let's see how good he is .
Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by wwwtortoise(m): 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
AmazingELixir:

undecided
Even when the reality of the deplorable road stares you so bracingly in the face you're still in denial...
come young man were you administered with overdoze of Zombiegestic capsule? undecided

Calm down my boy and learn from people more knowledgeable than you are.

Nowhere in my post did I deny the existence of the deplorable state of the said road. Rather I simply opined that the bottleneck to the speedy construction is simply lack of adequate funds.

Learn to understand after reading okay.

I know what it feels to continuously crave for 'likes'on this forum regardless of the bigotry remarks you spew. With time you will overgrow it.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by papijulah: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
adeoba2008:

It's not a state road. That should silence you. Besides, tell us about your state.

Shut up! Is the road in Abuja?

Moreover, Lagos State government stopped FERMA from working on that route since the emergence of central power.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by omimigaius(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
The #200bln collected from woldbank by Fashola government as loan is now down the drains. He initially promised that the full length of the road would be handled in four segments by four different companies and completed in just one year.
I watched Fashola later during APC campaign @ Iba, shamelessly telling their supporters that the federal government was to be blamed for the current condition of the Lagos- badagry expressway. He maintained that Lagos state government only came for intervention and that the road could not be completed due to additional imputes to the designs. Such as the railways, pedestrian and flyovers, forgetting the promises he made in an interview.
My annoyances was the inability of the members of the communities to ask him why other ECOWAS states were able to complete theirs.
Non indigenes were denied their voters card if not, APC would have since been forgotten in Lagos.
My joy today is that those who voted for APC then are suffering on the same road with us.
To tell you the truth, Ambode will win again if he leaves APC because, the party is the only impediment to his performances.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Catastrophe1: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin grin grin yall should carry your cross.
EKO ONI BAJE OOO
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by dangoteinlaw: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ufranklin92:

Island Manager, how many house u get for island grin grin grin
I go soon get, Rome wasn't build in 24hours cheesy
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
Berankis:
God bless you @OP for this. Incidentally this happens to be my route and it is so heart-breaking! I know for a fact thst Lagos state is impressive but more has to be done. This badagry-seme road is simply hell! Truth is there are still roads like this in some other parts of Lagos and Nigeria.
To worsen the situation we have the presence of Nigeria customs, Immigration, FRSC to mention a few at major points along this road, doing what...?
Thank you for bringing this to lime light as we continue to hope for a brighter tomorrow...

You made a good point there, I've been using that road for the past 8 years from Benin Republic to Nigeria, one can't imagine the bad road and rackless drivers using it everyday, I think Lagos have to do more since they are in ruling party.

They failed woefully when it comes to road maintenance. We need to borrow them sense small.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Catastrophe1: 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
I don't know why you lagosians expect Ambode to perform magic when he need to service the debt he owe his god father.
The money is simply not enough to go around the project at hand after sharing. grin

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by caracas: 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
come to island and see if anyone wants u.hehe
Oga am on the island right now n the "standstill" is something else.
The truth of the matter is Lagos is a failed state .
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by papijulah: 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sotland:

Hindrance

Unfair to the Users

Soty

You said it all

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by mkoabiola: 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
If donald trump wants to visit d 1st story building in badagry ,den u will know we av a govt in power.

As for now enjoy d change while d dullard stay in power till 2023
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by dangoteinlaw: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
caracas:

Oga am on the island right now n the "standstill" is something else.
The truth of the matter is Lagos is a failed state .
failed state u say cheesy hehe, ehh we like am like that pass the fine road wey dey bushes for other states. Big men worry about car taxes and maintenance, poor men worry about their stomachs...be thankful for most problems u have grin
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by yemobrown(m): 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
agarawu23:
A worst and horrible road. You will likely change your car parts every week if u ply there daily.

You've got me here. Your comments is the main reason I stayed back at home for over a week now.

The little money I make on ride sharing is spent on car part repairs. My dad ones queried me that I don't support him financially despite my going out to share my ride, he hardly believes that I sometimes don't feed just to ensure my car is mobile until I decided to sit at home, when he calls, its either I'm sleeping or doing other things. His words now " the road are terribly bad".

The thought of staying with friends on the mainland for the week is hampered by a fact that I cannot leave my wife at home alone in our very quiet and bushy environment along badagry I now reside.

I just pray God touches the heart of whomever is responsible for the road to as matter of urgency do something about the road.

Funny enough there are alternative roads the state government can work on, that will bring succour to the masses (from iyana era through okoko and from mile 10 in Volkswagen bus stop through a community called IRA to mowo town to Tedi village and come out at either abule oshun or abule ado or free nija or down to mazamaza before connecting mile 2 bridge.

I pray God touches the heart of whomever is responsible for the roads again.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by hadura29(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
ZACHIE:
My car sank today at Alakija underbridge Uturn just this morning.
No road shows lack of capacity to manage Lagos than the insensitivity of government to that Uturn.
Ambode couldn't be bothered. Nothing bothers him.
The sufferings of commuters on that road is hellish especially with the return of tankers,. containers and sided lorries.
What was Apapa nightmare is now Festac, Old Ojo, Sattellite dwellers day and nightmares.
Ambode, wa maa lo

We are boxed in festac town. Coming and going in. Even inside festac is hellish now.. I have already made up my mind some months back that Valentine and Ambode are not getting my votes again.. cry

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by tefla(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
You are stupid!!!! quote author=wwwtortoise post=71127312] shocked

[/quote]
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by asha01: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Lagos with a population of about 18million people and counting on a daily basis definitely need to have a master plan to accommodate its large number who storms the state on a daily.

The Badagry Expressway was meant to link the road to areas like Mile 2, Iyana Iba, Orile Iganmu and other axes. The road is meant to go alongside the Lagos Rail which will make the road users have easy access to the public transport in a snap of the finger but this seems not to be the case.

A visit to Badagry Expressway is nothing but an eyesore. Embarking on a from Mile 2 Orile towards Iyana Iba down to Badagry, one can not but weep for this country. Things have gone from bad to worse in terms of roads in this area. While we are aware that there is an ongoing construction within this area been contracted to Julius Berger Nig PLC which plans to link this part of the road to Seme Border but it seems the contractors have gone on Sabbatical leave and no sign of works at all, even the ones which have been done are getting bad as nothing seems to be forthcoming.

An appeal is being made to the Lagos State Government for quick intervention for the people within this area.

These are pictures from the roads and to tell you the pains and agony of people in this area.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/09/badagry-expressway-pains-and-agony-of.html

[img]https://3.bp..com/-qNv1u7e5hrE/W5h37RJMjKI/AAAAAAAAUjo/zEl18vHft_chMneXGZythQbSReUyYlR-wCLcBGAs/s1600/Badagry_Expressway_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-3GcCH8ynO2w/W5h35hwLaSI/AAAAAAAAUjU/ChzpfPhpjTcAaXPq-ngc09r__gisZdrUACLcBGAs/s1600/Badagry_Expressway_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Oga writer please go and get your facts right before writing
was the project awarded and/or handled by Julius Beger or CCECC ?
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by casspersteve: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
I cried on Monday night after I trekked from under bridge(trade fair) to Alaba international..... It was really painful Lagosians are suffering.... F**k the nation!!!.... Someone will now tell me to go and get my voters card!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? / Pregnant Lady, Others Cheat Death As Vehicle Somersaults Multiple Times. Photos / Should I Travel Or Do Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.