Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users (25322 Views)

Video Of How Road Users In The Netherlands Give Way To An Ambulance(pix,vid) / Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users / Mile 2/Apapa Expressway: The Agony Of Lagos Commuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Mizwisdom(f): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Tinubu at work as elections are around the corner.

Need books? contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Phyde: 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
franchasng:
Lagos is dying but Yoruba youths are busy shouting: "EKO ONI BAAJE O!!" while their corrupt thieving political elders led by Tinubu, who keeps installing his stooges as governors, commissioners, LGA chairmen, that helps him to loot and destroy the huge developmental projects executed by past military leaders when Lagos was Nigeria's capital.

All Lagos roads are death traps! I mean all!

Agege - Oshodi Motor road, Ambode bulldozed it and can't fix it almost a year going now.

Airport road nko?

Oshodi-Mile 2- Apapa road is gradually turning to jungle!

All Lagos inter-city connecting roads and street roads, especially those around Oshodi, Mafoluku, Ilupeju, Maza-maza, Satelite town, Festac town, Amuwo-odofin, etc are all gone and dead yet Lagos collects the highest IGR paid by companies, industries, small businesses, etc...

Honestly, Tinubu deserves to be jailed for life and even after he is dead, his bones should be jailed again, what a wicked man angry angry
This is brutal grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by 3Ceagle(m): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
I think Lagos state government has taken up large number of road constructions at same time, some have been completed like the agbado bridge and many others pending. The slow pace of the project has to do with the limiting factor, funds. Badagry express road is a FG road and should be taken care by the FG. Asking the LASG to take care of the road will amount to stretching LASG purse. Let each government take up their responsibility and it is the duty of citizens to point out this issues correctly. What I expect the Lagos state government to do is to improve the ancillary alternative road like old Ojo road and to built more
inner link roads. People should be able to drive from mile 2 to okoko without having to come out to the express road and may be to Agbara and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by coralz: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
The day i went through this road to okoafo, I swore never to return back in a long while until the road is repaired.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Op80: 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
That's my route everyday. Going from new site to ikeja every morning but making it home at 10pm pm daily. It has become so painful. Consequently, the cost of transport has skyrocketed that one wonders what could be saved at the end of every month with such spendins. Please, is there anyone that plies this route alakija to oshodi or ikeja with his or her personal vehicle. I need to reduce cost.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by tete7000(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
Another of Fasola's failed project.

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Countersam(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Lagos with a population of about 18million people and counting on a daily basis definitely need to have a master plan to accommodate its large number who storms the state on a daily.

The Badagry Expressway was meant to link the road to areas like Mile 2, Iyana Iba, Orile Iganmu and other axes. The road is meant to go alongside the Lagos Rail which will make the road users have easy access to the public transport in a snap of the finger but this seems not to be the case.

A visit to Badagry Expressway is nothing but an eyesore. Embarking on a from Mile 2 Orile towards Iyana Iba down to Badagry, one can not but weep for this country. Things have gone from bad to worse in terms of roads in this area. While we are aware that there is an ongoing construction within this area been contracted to Julius Berger Nig PLC which plans to link this part of the road to Seme Border but it seems the contractors have gone on Sabbatical leave and no sign of works at all, even the ones which have been done are getting bad as nothing seems to be forthcoming.

An appeal is being made to the Lagos State Government for quick intervention for the people within this area.

These are pictures from the roads and to tell you the pains and agony of people in this area.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/09/badagry-expressway-pains-and-agony-of.html

[img]https://3.bp..com/-qNv1u7e5hrE/W5h37RJMjKI/AAAAAAAAUjo/zEl18vHft_chMneXGZythQbSReUyYlR-wCLcBGAs/s1600/Badagry_Expressway_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-3GcCH8ynO2w/W5h35hwLaSI/AAAAAAAAUjU/ChzpfPhpjTcAaXPq-ngc09r__gisZdrUACLcBGAs/s1600/Badagry_Expressway_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]
Thanks for blowing this whistle, but the pictures is a gross misinterpretation of the present state of that road. Its sooooo baaaaaaad! Shior

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Deltatoto: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
kunmiiii:

Why bring his mother into this? you are so mannerless.
so na slap u slap me so
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by donb06: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
ZACHIE:
My car sank today at Alakija underbridge Uturn just this morning.
No road shows lack of capacity to manage Lagos than the insensitivity of government to that Uturn.
Ambode couldn't be bothered. Nothing bothers him.
The sufferings of commuters on that road is hellish especially with the return of tankers,. containers and sided lorries.
What was Apapa nightmare is now Festac, Old Ojo, Sattellite dwellers day and nightmares.
Ambode, wa maa lo
so na ur car make me go work late today..... cheesy.... But joke apart from under bridge to alakija is a big war

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by agarawu23(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
yemobrown:

You've got me here. Your comments is the main reason I stayed back at home for over a week now.

The little money I make on ride sharing is spent on car part repairs. My dad ones queried me that I don't support him financially despite my going out to share my ride, he hardly believes that I sometimes don't feed just to ensure my car is mobile until I decided to sit at home, when he calls, its either I'm sleeping or doing other things. His words now " the road are terribly bad".

The thought of staying with friends on the mainland for the week is hampered by a fact that I cannot leave my wife at home alone in our very quiet and bushy environment along badagry I now reside.

I just pray God touches the heart of whomever is responsible for the road to as matter of urgency do something about the road.

Funny enough there are alternative roads the state government can work on, that will bring succour to the masses (from iyana era through okoko and from mile 10 in Volkswagen bus stop through a community called IRA to mowo town to Tedi village and come out at either abule oshun or abule ado or free nija or down to mazamaza before connecting mile 2 bridge.

I pray God touches the heart of whomever is responsible for the roads again.

its my area too I and I understand u as well. In fact, I am planning changing my car to SUV so that I can survive that road. angry

The muwo-tedi road that's a shortcut to mile2 has been abandoned and Lagos State refused to complete it. At times, I spend 1-2 hours from okoko to barracks before heading to festac.

The almighty 10 lane and train from mile2 to badagry has been abandoned by those Chinese, I don't know if Lagos State didn't fund the project.

This country is a useless country.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Adegboladedayo: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
The road supposed to be fixed by Federal Government, not state government.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by tollyboy5(m): 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
omimigaius:
The #200bln collected from woldbank by Fashola government as loan is now down the drains. He initially promised that the full length of the road would be handled in four segments by four different companies and completed in just one year.
I watched Fashola later during APC campaign @ Iba, shamelessly telling their supporters that the federal government was to be blamed for the current condition of the Lagos- badagry expressway. He maintained that Lagos state government only came for intervention and that the road could not be completed due to additional imputes to the designs. Such as the railways, pedestrian and flyovers, forgetting the promises he made in an interview.
My annoyances was the inability of the members of the communities to ask him why other ECOWAS states were able to complete theirs.
Non indigenes were denied their voters card if not, APC would have since been forgotten in Lagos.
My joy today is that those who voted for APC then are suffering on the same road with us.
To tell you the truth, Ambode will win again if he leaves APC because, the party is the only impediment to his performances.
People have been making this same fallacy of generalization in Lagos. On behalf of Lagos indigene we are not very much to the extent of giving us only chance to vote. We are still fighting to get appointment in our state why Tinubu gives out what belong to us to his loyalist. Otedola, Obanikoro,Agbaje are OMO EKO pataaki with few others the rest multitude are Yoruba's from southwest. knw this now
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Ejebleje: 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
They are busy constructing bus-stops and shelters that can only take a few people at a time.

When they’re done,they’ll face road construction.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Illumia: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
at first i was mad at Trump saying nigeria was a shit hole country, after passing through this road just last week thursday, i have a different perception to what Trump called this nation...This road axis is obviously an apology to humanity!!!!!!!! If you doubt me, go through mile to Ijaniki

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
Administration1:
The best and most tactical politician we have in Nigeria is Tinubu, because one can only imagine that all these bad reports from Lagos are coming out as a result of the fall-out between him and Ambode

Fear Tinubu,

Any State election in which Tinubu is on ground physically, just know that whosoever he is supporting has won.

He is a master-game-changer. The trickiest of them all.
Except Ondo state.. We always teach him something new in that state.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by predatorX: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
Are you a learner? Come to Abeokuta express way, Mangoro Cement to Iyana Ipaja and get a whole new definition of suffering.

God Punish AMBODE

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by BecomeALandLord(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
It's really pathetic.
I stay at satellite town and I leave my house as early as 6am yet everywhere is blocked.
The menace that this tanker and container trucks are causing is just too much.
Pain and hardship is the other of the day.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by DaddyNimo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Yayi is a bastard na, he has never done anything in the red chamber, useless fat fool...and that's his senate district.... Later he will pass the road to come and campaign and some idiots will follow him behind. Everybody that's supporting apc may ur life be like that road...may the life of your generation unborn bi like dat road.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by tiredoflife(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
kingthreat:
I told myself, I can never live along badagry road again despite growing up there. Lagos State has never given a damn about from Mile 2 downwards. I don't blame them. They dont get revenue from there neither does APC get votes from there. Power there is very epileptic. So if you're keen on enjoying Lagos, get the furk out of there.

Who told u dey don't get revenue from there
There a depots for fuel
There is alaba international market
Trade fair complex
So there is more revenue from there than most places in lagos

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
EASY39:
And we have sitting governor in that stste

U have tiffnubu too who collects 10% of Lagos igr monthly which is presently 40 billion naira

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by anthony86(m): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
Though I may not like Tinubu personally because of his antecedents but on his decision to push Ambode out of 2019 governorship contest I will support him 100%.Ambode is a failure as a governor. He does not have the capacity to manage a very dynamic state like Lagos.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by bumait(f): 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
That road is really a save - our - soul situation. Was going to mile 2 from agbara on Monday. Left the house 6am and got to mile 2 around 3:40pm. It was hell

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by 1wolex85: 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
ZACHIE:
My car sank today at Alakija underbridge Uturn just this morning.
No road shows lack of capacity to manage Lagos than the insensitivity of government to that Uturn.
Ambode couldn't be bothered. Nothing bothers him.
The sufferings of commuters on that road is hellish especially with the return of tankers,. containers and sided lorries.
What was Apapa nightmare is now Festac, Old Ojo, Sattellite dwellers day and nightmares.
Ambode, wa maa lo

God bless You! Last week I was robbed because I was caught between 2 containers. Festac has become hell to live in. You will be scared to drive your own car again. Ambode should be going abeg

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by networkgenuis: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
nanauju:
Lagos is actually dirtier under Ambode's tenure.

How you dey.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by nanauju(f): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
networkgenuis:

How you dey.

I dey fine o
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by Olumeme: 11:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
I no ever pray to go that Lagos

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by networkgenuis: 12:20am On Sep 13, 2018
nanauju:

I dey fine o
Na so.
Check your mail.
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by seguno2: 7:01am On Sep 13, 2018
Sotland:
Do you know that badagry express way was commissioned and started before Ikorodu express? Yet, Ikorodu express which has about more than 7 bridges was completed within 2yrs if I'm correct..

What I feel is the Pointer

While Badagry express is an Ecowas Project but Ikorodu express is a Federal road co-owned by the state, however the state took up the project and was fully financed.

Hindrance

The same CCECC construction company that'd handle Ikorodu express till completion is also handling the Badagry express road. SO, why complete the former in a short time and yet to successfully complete Badagry road? The Badagry road is facing a serious Financial problem. It lacks proper finance. So, since the government is not releasing adequate funds for the project, the company works with the available funds they received and when it finishes, work stops.

Unfair to the Users

People that plies Badagry express are subject to surviving and smiling situation since they have no other alternative route. The Government has been so unfair to people that plies this route and not even considering the fact that they will be subjected to paying for the express in the future as there are tollgate points. The Ikorodu express has no tollgate built yet they are quick to fund it because the likes of Tinubu,fashola and akinbode has vast land investment "estate and landed properties".

There is not a day or week that passes without a vehicle falling down on that road. A lot of people has recorded major lost due to the bad road. I sympathize the millions of people using the route.

Soty

The users don’t need the sympathy of anyone. They are enjoying the traffic as it is. When they are tired and have suffered enough, they will ensure that all their public servants- LGA Councillors & Chairman, state assemblyman, representatives and senator do not sleep until the road is fixed.
So you see that we are jokers

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by shugabasbn: 7:14am On Sep 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
kingthreat:
I told myself, I can never live along badagry road again despite growing up there. Lagos State has never given a damn about from Mile 2 downwards. I don't blame them. They dont get revenue from there neither does APC get votes from there. Power there is very epileptic. So if you're keen on enjoying Lagos, get the furk out of there.

They are getting more than enough revenue from the, from Alaba international to LASU and Seme border. They are simply not sensitive to the daily pain of residence and commuter of that axis.

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by shugabasbn: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
IntrovertedK:
Except Ondo state.. We always teach him something new in that state.

And you got the best governor?
Re: Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users by shugabasbn: 7:26am On Sep 13, 2018
That road is pathetic and also wondering why people are praising Ambode? My last experience of that road is when I spent the same amount of hour from Birnin-kebbi to Lagos and from Orile to Iyana Iba. Since that day, I say bye bye to Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses / Exciting And Affordable Places To Have Fun In Nigeria This December / Sinmisola Ajibola Decorated As Air Peace First Female Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.