Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga (2891 Views)

Ngige And Tony Muonagor (tony One Week) Steps Down For APGA Candidates! / Chris Ngige Dumps APC For APGA / Policemen Were Thumb Printing For APGA And We Have It All On Tape And More - Ngi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga by Katsumoto: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2010
metal-gong:

OnlyTruth just used the pension payment example because it was the latest news about Anambra government he got from Vanguard news. The truth is that governor Peter Obi has surpassed most of his colleagues in terms of multi-sectoral development and also judging by the state's monthly revenue.

If you have been following recent news, you would have noticed that most states, including some oil producing state like Bayelsa, and other South Western states except Lagos are finding it difficult to pay their workers talkless of paying monthly pensions. Some are now burdening their future generations with debts by issuing bonds whereas Anambra government under Governor Peter Obi is in good financial shape even as he is developing all sectors of Anambra economy.

Fashola seems to be a nice man, but I dont think that he is the best governor. Lagos being the state with the most concentration of multinational companies has to be performing far better than the dummy being sold to us by some quaters of the media. Infact, if he is really a progressive as some people say, then why is he using the court to obstruct the investigation of the financial allegations levelled against him by the True Face of Lagos. It shows that he wants us to know that he is not accountable to the citizens so long as he has built one modern secondary school in Ajegunle and places the news on the front page of THE NATION.

I can not fault your defence of Obi; it appears that you are convinced that he is doing a good job (I am not saying otherwise). There were many Igbo sons on these forums who argued that he won the last election because of Ojukwu even though he had the power of incumbency.

Fashola is being accused by a faceless group. Should he answer to a faceless group? If someone accuses you of rape, wouldn't you want to at least know whom you have been accused of raping in court? It is an open secret that the Face of Lagos is being sponsored by Tinubu. I am not against a probe for Fashola but I wont agree to a probe of Fashola if all past governors are not probed before him because he has performed better than all. If the face of Lagos want a probe, then they should probe Jakande, Otedola, Tinubu, and all the military governors of Lagos state before Fashola.
Re: Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga by 006(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

I can not fault your defence of Obi; it appears that you are convinced that he is doing a good job (I am not saying otherwise). There were many Igbo sons on these forums who argued that he won the last election because of Ojukwu even though he had the power of incumbency.

Fashola is being accused by a faceless group. Should he answer to a faceless group? If someone accuses you of despoil, wouldn't you want to at least know whom you have been accused of despoiling in court? It is an open secret that the Face of Lagos is being sponsored by Tinubu. I am not against a probe for Fashola but I wont agree to a probe of Fashola if all past governors are not probed before him because he has performed better than all. If the face of Lagos want a probe, then they should probe Jakande, Otedola, Tinubu, and all the military governors of Lagos state before Fashola.

What are you talking about? There are many Yoruba sons on these forums who said that Fashola is a thief and should be probed.
Re: Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga by Katsumoto: 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2010
006:

What are you talking about? There are many Yoruba sons on these forums who said that Fashola is a thief and should be probed.

Does Yoruba sons asking for Fashola to be probed stop Igbo sons arguing that Obi won an election because of Ojukwu? Not all dots connect.
Re: Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga by 006(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

Does Yoruba sons asking for Fashola to be probed stop Igbo sons arguing that Obi won an election because of Ojukwu? Not all dots connect.

I’m a master of subtlety but I tend to avoid it. You know why you chipped in that line and I answered you promptly.

If I may ask as well, is this thread about Fashola or is it about APGA?
Re: Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga by Eziachi: 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2010
I have been following this debate with keen interest and I must say that I impressed by both side of the argument. Personally, I like Peter Obi as a person and I am not surprised by his prudence when it comes to money. He is a typical Igbo man, that I mean, someone who started from the scratch and built something.

He was successful businessperson in his own right, and that I mean, a proper businessperson, not just government contractor or supplier. He is not one of the overnight oil sheiks. Therefore, from his background, he knew the worth of every penny. In Nigeria, lawyers, civil servants and all sorts of people who are used to counted money into their bank accounts monthly are suddenly given billions to handle. It either it overwhelmed them like Yar Adua was during his governorship, when he just put all the money in the bank because he doesn’t know what to do with them or some other who find themselves like a child in a sweet shop.

I am always impressed with what is said about the likes of Fashola, but I will always have some reservation because it could be another Donald Duke. Before 2007, we were told by spin-doctors that Duke was the best thing since slice bread. Myopic Nigerians, who are easily pleased are raving about Tinapa then (a shopping mall).

However, when Duke left power, the true story started to emerge. How he borrowed billions to build his elephant pet project, that no one is now shopping in it and it will take his people 30 years to clear the debt he incurred.

Obi on the other hand goes about his business without the usual Nigeria drum beating and praise singers. He reminds me Uncle Sam Mbakwe, who usually tells people to count the mile after the race not before or during the race.
Re: Cross River Ppa Declares For Apga by omamokta: 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
This is the begining of the the end of OUK political empire. Maybe mamacracy will grind to a halt very soon. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Devolution Of Power In Nigeria / Bola Tinubu; I Am On A Crusade (video) / Orji Uzor Kalu In His His Water Sport Vehicle – Earned From ABIA Treassury.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.