Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi (10023 Views)

Buhari Deserves Commendation For Diversifying From Oil – Femi Adesina / Tinubu: Why Buhari Deserves A Second Term / Buhari Deserves A Second Term - Billionaire Oil Tycoon, Arthur Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by SocialJustice: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Fashola said the reason for poor power supply is because DISCOs are not purchasing power.

Who do we believe?

#GrowNigeria #BukolaSaraki2019.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by sanpipita(m): 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amaechi has skipped his drugs yet again

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by mumihaja(f): 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
second chance?

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by DTeekay(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
Fela Durotoye...
Yambee:
We have tried.

We have given him one already,let us try someone else.

But wait ohhh, who is the next alternative?Saraki?Atiku?Tambuwal?Kwakwanso?David Mark?

I don change my mind. I will instead stick with Buhari. Those up names no mean well for naija.

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by LZAA: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Racoon:
See the stupidity of anything APC And Buhari must be voted for a second term before Nigeria will have 24hrs electricity Shame on these idiots.
People actually forget that after dullard was elected that phcn actually worked cuz of idiagbon's deeds that were credited to dullard around 2015
Now evrybody eye don clear
Me i kuku like as dem dy do propaganda
Even lai king mohammed has disappeared cuz u can only defend a lie for so long
Cc immhotep greenback gmbuharii sarkin yorubassasin
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Jabioro: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
I will cast my vote for the APC,after all PDP was there for more than 10yrs they could not fix it..PDP nt again

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by ejyko101(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
Buhari came with high hope but unfortunately he failed woefully.i don't think he deserve a second chance.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by slivertongue: 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
we wil reject GMB @d polls.he is a one chance leader in a one chance party
24hrs lite?u failed 2deliver dis same promise
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
speedyGonzales:
Nigerians are the mugu's in the scam of an illiterate.

He has failed twice, once has a head of state and now as a president... at 75, he has noting more to offer Nigeria
k
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by NsukkaDeeje: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
Buhari or not, Uche Secondus should pls wake up. Just like Rivers, APC has swept Akwa-Ibom senatorial seats with the defection of Senator Eme Ekaette, representing Akwa Ibom South senatorial zone and former state deputy governor, Valerie Ebe, yesterday Tuesday, September 11. The entire South South is gradually but steadily falling into the hands APC while we rant online.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by tunary(m): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
Not 2nd term but 2nd chance, hmmm
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by dannyrilson1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Muhammadu Buhari is given a second chance.

Amaechi also said the Buhari led administration has achieved a lot in security, road, fight against corruption.

The Minister also said the government is tackling killings associated with herdsmen

Amaechi disclosed this in Abuja on Tuesday during an interactive session with the media.

Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves second term, he said: “Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”

He continued: “It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.

“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.

There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.

“The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

On insecurity, he said: “There are improvement in security. When the president promised security; he was looking at Boko Haram. Boko Haram no longer have the power that they had then. Before we came, the situation was worse, churches were not safe but now you can go to church freely and nearly all the security agencies that had special protection have reduced their protection gates because fears have reduced.

“The threats which used to envelope the north has reduced and we are addressing the ones in Borno by the federal government unlike before where they will overrun villages and put their flags and say they own the villages.

“If you ask of our achievement, I think many people can attest to what we have done. People no longer go through rigorous searches before going into places.

“We have also done well with herdsmen. Herdsmen is a huge problem that started and we are facing them with the deployment of Army and the President also said that it is the right of Nigerians to enjoy peace and stability and hence the military must address all manner of insecurity to end the herdsmen attack.

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-buhari-deserves-second-chance-amaechi/

Buhari's first tenure is calamity... His second tenure will be worst than calamity.

Nothing good can come out from Buhari.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by ooshinibos: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
I thought you said we will enjoy 24hrs electricity 3 years ago , so wetin happen na
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by gare(f): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Muhammadu Buhari is given a second chance.

Amaechi also said the Buhari led administration has achieved a lot in security, road, fight against corruption.

The Minister also said the government is tackling killings associated with herdsmen

Amaechi disclosed this in Abuja on Tuesday during an interactive session with the media.

Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves second term, he said: “Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”

He continued: “It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.

“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.

There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.

“The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

On insecurity, he said: “There are improvement in security. When the president promised security; he was looking at Boko Haram. Boko Haram no longer have the power that they had then. Before we came, the situation was worse, churches were not safe but now you can go to church freely and nearly all the security agencies that had special protection have reduced their protection gates because fears have reduced.

“The threats which used to envelope the north has reduced and we are addressing the ones in Borno by the federal government unlike before where they will overrun villages and put their flags and say they own the villages.

“If you ask of our achievement, I think many people can attest to what we have done. People no longer go through rigorous searches before going into places.

“We have also done well with herdsmen. Herdsmen is a huge problem that started and we are facing them with the deployment of Army and the President also said that it is the right of Nigerians to enjoy peace and stability and hence the military must address all manner of insecurity to end the herdsmen attack.

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-buhari-deserves-second-chance-amaechi/

THANK GOD THIS IS COMING FROM YOU, THE REASON WHY YOU ARE ASKING FOR A SECOND CHANCE BECAUSE YOU KNOW HE FAILED BADLY IF NOT YOU WILL NOT BE TALKING OF A SECOND CHANCE, IF HE PERFORMED WELL YOU DONT NEED TO BEG, TAKE FOR EXAMPLE WHEN YOU WERE GOV OF RIVERS AND YOU DID WELL DID ANYBODY COME TO ASK THE RIVERS PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU A SECOND CHANCE, PLEASE JUST LET THIS MAN GO AND REST, WHY ARE YOU NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. PLEASE AMEACHI JUST GO AND SIT DOWN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by truthstands01: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amaechi, you can take him to be the president of your village. That would be nice for you. The glaring suffering in the land is evident to everyone. He has failed twice. We don't need him anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by truthstands01: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
On a second thought, Amaechi...can't you be Nigerian president? Is buhari more intelligent economically than you? You don't need to beg for second tenure if you do well in your first tenure. All of you knows he has been a disaster for this country.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by RexTramadol1: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
Racoon:
See the stupidity of anything APC And Buhari must be voted for a second term before Nigeria will have 24hrs electricity Shame on these idiots.

Nope, you're wrong

Shame on those swallowing all they are saying hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by BigBizzy(m): 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
stupidity at its peak.
same line from 2014 in 2019....
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by themanderon: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Awarded, working on, about to, but none completed in the past 3 yrs of loafing around in power. These phrases or words have been the language of these Aimless APC goons over the past 3yrs. If you asking Nigerians to give you and your masters a second chance it only means you are admitting failure cos only a person that fails pleads for second chance.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by phkka1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amaechi you have very big problem. You are clamouring for a second chance for Buhari so that they will not probe you. I will not work for you.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by emmyN(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
When N1 finally equals $1, we'll vote Buhari back as President, else he should find his way back to Daura
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by BunmiSkye: 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Now here is some sense making points....politics is a game of the wise,wisdom is profitable to direct but once you can acknowledge your purpose or the purpose of your leader,then you have to follow through and let every plan take its cause.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by quinox947: 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
First term by most elected persons in Nigeria is always better and sweet for the electorates. Buhari's first term does not justify a second term. He has virtually transitted the country into poverty and death. Never in the history of Nigeria has suicide become an option. Buhari/APC is synonymous to pain and hardship. Nigerians beware!
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
YOU ONLY REPEAT CLASS WHEN YOU'VE FAILED!

.....dude should just f*ck off!
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Benekruku(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
eleojo23:
Buhari is poverty personified.

Never again..!

Buhari is not a reason for your poverty stricken status

Think inwards, you the cause of your problems
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Vivapros(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2018
DEAR EXCELLENCY,
IF YOU CAN ANSWER ALL THIS QUESTIONS.
1.IS YOUR CHILDREN SCHOOLING IN NIGERIA?.
2.HOW MUCH WAS A LITRE OF PETROL WHEN YOU ASSUME OFFICE?
3.AMONG THE FEDERAL ROADS HOW MANY OFFICE HOLDERS DRIVE ON THEM COMFORTABLE WITHOUT VISITING AIRPORT?
4.HOW MANY INNOCENT SOULS HAVE BEEN LOST SINCE ASSUMING OFFICE?
5.HOW FAR FOR STEADY POWER SUPPLY YOUR GOVERMENT PROMISE?
6.WHICH COURT HAVE SENTENCED A TOP POLITICIAN OF EMBEZZLEMENT OF PUBLIC FUNDS?
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
How can you give second chance to someone who is already having his second chance? Buhari forcefully seized his first chance in 1983. He is in his second chance, and he has also failed again.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Drecia(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
"Elections belong to the people. It's their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters."
Abraham Lincoln
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Grayxme: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
President Buhari deserve a second chance because he has achieved a lot in less than four years, he was able to introduce programs to counter corruption, insurgency and others which are still going on, he needs to be re elected to continue with these programs to build a better Nigeria.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by fanzine(f): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
oga amechi we understand ur stand , cause he is ur money dispenser . who wouldn't anyways, may spiritual super-glue seal that ur ogogoro mouth.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Second Chance – Amaechi by Experience4u(m): 8:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
Some of the 69 projects scattered all over South East. This is okigwe enugu section. Kudos to the govt of the day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buy Nigeria: Law Makers Approve Innoson Vehicles For Official Use / Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta / Buhari May Spend Xmas With Anglican Daughter At Idemili South LG Of Anambra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.