Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta (10028 Views)

Nigeria Loses It's Title As Largest Oil Producer In Africa / Aisha Buhari Unveils LNG-ABUJA11 Vessel In South Korea(pics) / Nigeria Is The 6th Largest Oil Producing Nation Yet The Poorest.why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by wesley80(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2012

BY DANIEL GUMM WARRI – THE Nigerian local content got a boost, weekend, as Petroleum Minister, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, inaugurated Africa’s largest oil vessel in Warri, Delta State. The oil equipment, christened Akpevweoghene Offshore Pipelaying/Derrick Barge, is owned by an indigenous oil servicing company, FENOG Nigeria Limited. The Petroleum Minister, at the ceremony, witnessed by Group Executive Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Mr. Andy Yakubu and his Gas Resources counterpart, Mr. David Ige, as well as Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, Engr. Ernest Nwapa, assured that the Federal Government would continue to support and encourage indigenous companies operating in the oil industry in line with its local content policy. Mrs. Alison-Madueke, who said she was impressed by the giant strides achieved by FENOG, especially with the company’s acquisition of the HDD Technology and the Akpevweoghene barge, assured that the local content policy was not a lip service and mere slogan. She said the policy would entrench indigenous operators in the nation’s oil industry. The minister, who was conducted round the unique features of the equipment by the company’s Executive Director, Mr. Mathew Tonlagha; Group General Manager, Mr. Bello and General Manager, Engr. Chukwudi Uwakwe, praised FENOG’s management for its steadfastness and commitment to the growth of the local content policy. Mrs. Alison-Madueke charged other operators in the oil industry to emulate FENOG Nigeria. She said: “I am extremely impressed with what I have seen here today at FENOG Nigeria. This is 100 per cent indigenous Nigerian company that has got to the stage that it can actually procure and manage a vessel of this size that can carry over 300 people. With the kind of facilities we have seen here that can actually lay pipes offshore from 4” to 36″, I believe it is something that is most commendable.”

vanguardngr.com/2012/05/petroleum-minister-inaugurates-africas-largest-oil-vessel-in-delta/

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by wesley80(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2012
fred2265: This is good news.

Yeah, but unfortunately most here detest anything that remotely sounds "Good - anything".
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by jason123: 4:27pm On May 21, 2012
Nice one!

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Demdem(m): 4:42pm On May 21, 2012
I rejoice with the management and staff of this company. This is good news. Kudos also to obj administration who also rooted the local contents policy, the result of which we keep On seeing everyday.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Beaf: 1:43pm On May 22, 2012
Akpevweoghene! Lovely name for another huge step in progress for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by lacasa: 2:04pm On May 22, 2012
if τ̅o say we as a country made sense, should 'Mrs petroleum Minister & her cohorts' not be watching this in kiri-kiri

But, as we are a bunch of donkeys lead by wolves in Nigeria, even with the results of the Farouk Lawan Subsidy Scam, Criminals are the toast of the day.

Fresh air things

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 22, 2012
Its the largest pipe laying barge, not largest vessel. And that's not it in the picture.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by tchaik(m): 2:12pm On May 22, 2012
wesley80:
Yeah, but unfortunately most here detest anything that remotely sounds "Good - anything".
How can this bring down the price of Garri?
Or make NEPA to bring light (for 2wks now?)
Na all of them stole the subsidy money. Tiffss!!!
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Beaf: 2:14pm On May 22, 2012
tchaik:

Abeg, carry your winsh behaviour to another thread. Threads like this one are for positive people with no space for winshes.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by niddamugu(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2012
Dem do hammer again o! One single trip of illegal export na serious GBEM money to land their account. The smaller vessels do not seem to deliver enough anymore. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by sadyeek(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2012
[size=18pt]who are those people saying good news? yeah its news,to her and the beneficiaries but how is it going to have an effect on the average nigerian?
this is more likely going to benefit her, more than the nigerian youth!
this is definitely not going to improve the 2hours of light i get daily, or the fact that i do not have running water.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:26pm On May 22, 2012
lacasa: if τ̅o say we as a country made sense, should 'Mrs petroleum Minister & her cohorts' not be watching this in kiri-kiri

But, as we are a bunch of donkeys lead by wolves in Nigeria, even with the results of the Farouk Lawan Subsidy Scam, Criminals are the toast of the day.

Fresh air things

You're very correct, by now she and others at large should be answering questions in one of the nation's prison.
So sad for GEJ's noise making about fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by otunba9ja: 2:29pm On May 22, 2012
sadyeek: [size=18pt][color=#006600]who are those people saying good news? yeah its news,to her and the beneficiaries but how is it going to have an effect on the average nigerian?
this is more likely going to benefit her, more than the nigerian youth!
this is definitely not going to improve the 2hours of light i get daily, or the fact that i do not have running water. [/size]

TRUE TALK........THOSE WHO DESCRIBE THIS AS GOOD NEWS SHOULD ALSO HELP TO HIGHLIGHT ATLEAST TEN BENEFITS TO THE ORDINARY NIGERIAN ON THE STREET.
WE ARE WAITING !!!!!!!!
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by JimmyBoy1: 2:33pm On May 22, 2012
tchaik:

As elementary as this sounds, it should be the focus of any responsible govrnment. Forget the big big economic terms , nice sounding policies, and programmes

Show me roads that are well tarred, show me kids that do not have to stay at home instead of being at school, show me how life is being made easy for common folks(not only those in Otuoke). If you can show visible improvement in lifes of ordinary people then I will start singing praises of Jonathan's adminsrtation.

Besides, I can bet that this vessle was designed and made by Foreigners, local content ko,local content ni.

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by 175(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2012
Nice. But gej pls arrest dat minister now or i go vex ooooo.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by slimming: 2:35pm On May 22, 2012
They should stop bunkering business in Niger delta
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Beaf: 2:35pm On May 22, 2012
otunba 9ja: [color=#000000]

TRUE TALK........THOSE WHO DESCRIBE THIS AS GOOD NEWS SHOULD ALSO HELP TO HIGHLIGHT ATLEAST TEN BENEFITS TO THE ORDINARY NIGERIAN ON THE STREET.
WE ARE WAITING !!!!!!!!

Crap.
Are you on the street in Warri where the barge was launched?
Dude, what you see is the efforts of a private individual like you and I to bring development and employment by daring where others failed to tread.
If there were just a few thousand like the guy that owns FENOG, Nigeria would be a different place.

It is a shame the way many of you instinctively pull others down. Its a Nigerian disease.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by MrGlobe(m): 2:37pm On May 22, 2012
ALLISON MADUEKE IS A CRIMINAL AND EVERYTHING SHE DOES IS GEARED TOWARDS LOOTING. I DONT CARE!!! IF SHE CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR THE SUBSIDY FUND THEN I COULD CARE LESS IF SHE BUILDS SPACE RIG IN DELTA!!! THIS WOMAN MUST BE SACKED AND ARRESTED!!sad

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by stillme(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2012
What is good in this news?
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Beaf: 2:42pm On May 22, 2012
Mr. Globe:
ALLISON MADUEKE IS A CRIMINAL AND EVERYTHING SHE DOES IS GEARED TOWARDS LOOTING. I DONT CARE!!! IF SHE CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR THE SUBSIDY FUND THEN I COULD CARE LESS IF SHE BUILDS SPACE RIG IN DELTA!!! THIS WOMAN MUST BE SACKED AND ARRESTED!!sad

Have you heard of the name, Rilwan Lukman? Its in your best interest to find out.
You are just ignorant, bro.

Anyway, the barge belongs to a private individual like you. He has started small in the oil business and has continued to grow from strength to strength. That is what we should be hailing.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by pdpiperpippen: 2:43pm On May 22, 2012
Allison you are a thief! You have f**ked GEJ to the extent that the idiot doesn't know what he is doing again ba! You and ur cronies stole our subsidy money to buy oil vessels for more oil bunkering. Amadioha is watxhing u on plasma television.

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by ak47mann(m): 2:46pm On May 22, 2012
pull down syndrome is very common in nigeria cooli wonder how they want to country to grow
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by solomon111(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2012
I know that this project will be accompained by large environmental disasters,yet some parasites will be asking for the same allocation with the Niger-delta.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by MrGlobe(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf:

Have you heard of the name, Rilwan Lukman? Its in your best interest to find out.
You are just ignorant, bro.

Anyway, the barge belongs to a private individual like you. He has started small in the oil business and has continued to grow from strength to strength. That is what we should be hailing.
I would not like to join issues with you. There is a difference between corruption and docility. Lukman was docile when he was there because he was very old while on the other hand Allison Madueke is utterly corrupt. A better argurment will be when you present evidence of Rilwan's corruption then I present mine of Allison. I hope you will not like me to reopen the books of Madueke on this thread, how she almost brought Nigeria to her knees with brazen mismanagement and looting. You always have no or little point in your posts so I wont have to take you seriously.
SACK THIEF MADUEKE NOW!!!! sad

pd piper pippen: Allison you are a thief! You have f**ked GEJ to the extent that the idiot doesn't know what he is doing again ba! You and ur cronies stole our subsidy money to buy oil vessels for more oil bunkering. Amadioha is watxhing u on plasma television.

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Silva79(f): 2:55pm On May 22, 2012
Congrats to d owner but DIEZANI MUST GO!
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by moderattor: 2:55pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf: Akpevweoghene! Lovely name for another huge step in progress for Nigeria.
E-remain to pronounce the name smiley
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Beaf: 2:56pm On May 22, 2012
Silva79: Congrats to d owner but DIEZANI MUST GO!

I will ask again, have you ever heard the name Rilwan Lukman? Many of you are ignorant, even if innocently so.
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by Beaf: 2:58pm On May 22, 2012
moderattor:
E-remain to pronounce the name smiley

Na so o! We thank God in our lives too o!
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by MrGlobe(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf:

I will ask again, have you ever heard the name Rilwan Lukman? Many of you are ignorant, even if innocently so.

so what then? we have a case in our hands right now!!!! It must be thrashed.
Silva79: Congrats to d owner but DIEZANI MUST GO!
Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by EPOMA(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2012
ak47mann: pull down syndrome is very common in nigeria cooli wonder how they want to country to grow
they want people like allison to be arrested and a trust worthy Nigeria to tell us of the goodnews,

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke Inaugurates Africa’s Largest Oil Vessel In Delta by TechRev: 3:01pm On May 22, 2012
This will no doubt employ lots of Nigerian youth, Kudos to you CEO of FENOG. Oil minister its good FG identified with this great feat and we hope you provide enabling environ to duplicate more of such success.

But btw why so many haters?? Many nigerians dont ever appreciate anything good especially if its in a region other than theirs, yet they expect good things .... karma is a

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Out In Kano- How About Your State? / SERAP Sues Buhari For Failure To Order Ganduje’s Probe / Ndume: Terrorists Using Arms Stolen From Nigerian Military To Kill Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.