Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

How About A Dedicated Auto Advert Section, And A Separate Discussion Section? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How About A Dedicated Auto Advert Section, And A Separate Discussion Section? (1023 Views)

The Need For A Separate Auto Enthusiasts Forum / Mercedes E 350 4matic "separate The Boys From The Men" / 2005 Honda Accord(end Of Discussion) For Sale @ 1.150m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How About A Dedicated Auto Advert Section, And A Separate Discussion Section? by Jakumo(m): 5:44am On Jul 03, 2010
Recently checking the auto section of Nairaland, I noticed that the entire sub-forum is now dominated by adverts for used cars in Nigeria, and that all other car-related topics that get posted are swiftly buried under a relentless barrage of adverts.

May I suggest to the Nairaland automobile forum moderators that the auto section could be subdivided into an AUTO ADVERT section, which will list adverts exclusively, for the benefit of those seeking to buy cars in Nigeria, and an AUTO DISCUSSION section, where all non-commercial automotive discussion topics can be found quickly by those not interested in that sea of adverts for used cars in Nigeria, but who do have a passion for automotive trouble-shooting, technology and news.

Not very long ago, the adverts in the Nairaland automotive forum were comparatively few in number, but now a clear 99% of all entries into the auto forum are adverts, effectively muzzling all other automotive related topics of discussion like engine trouble shooting and modification.

Please, Mods, be kind enough to separate the adverts from the discussions, so that those of us who have zero interest in the adverts can ignore them, and thus be freed up to talk about cars.
Re: How About A Dedicated Auto Advert Section, And A Separate Discussion Section? by Fhemmmy: 6:57am On Jul 03, 2010
Chief, Nice thread.
However, have you started a topic about any discussion about any auto related topics that people ignore?
If the answer is YES, it could be cos people dont know enuf about the topic or they are simply not interested in the topic, i dont think it is all cos of the adverts.
But the idea of different sub section might be great.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2004/05 Model Very Clean, Mil 45000km / SOLD!!! **2005 Honda Accord For Cheap Sale!** / Where Can I Get Zerex G05 Or Mercedes Benz Coolant To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.