Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,587 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Ambodes Mis-steps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambodes Mis-steps (898 Views)

LASG, Where Are Ambodes Buses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambodes Mis-steps by TheGreatestBB: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2018
My personal view of the many missteps of Gov. Ambode that has led him to the mess he is in today:

1. Ambodes quarrel with the like BRF, Fowler (LIRS now FIRS) showed him to be vindictive and sentimental to those that he feels have wronged him in the past

2. Similarly Ambode has shown this vindictive nature to many bigwigs in the Lagos political arena by revoking land allocations, sealing properties of political rivals(even in the same party) for example sealing the property of Funmilayo Tejuosho a member of the state house of reps. I even heard that some of her dogs died due to the sealing of the property

3. Ambode categorically will not work with any conractors that worked under BRF. He revoked many contracts awarded by BRF rightly or wrongly. Take for example the estate being built at Illubirn or the Falomo shopping centre

4. Increasing land use charge and other fees like vehicle licencing by sometimes over 500% made many Lagosians see him as being more interested in tax generation than being mindful of the hardhsips many people are facing. This is why no landlord in the state will stand up and support him today (and of course tenants have also been affected by this policy)

5. It is said today that no commissioner in Lagos today can even award N1 million naira contract to anyone. Ambode has monopolized completely all state functions and every small medium or large contract must pass throuh his table. Due to this none of his or his political god fathers appointees has been smiling. Civil servants too have been complaining bitterly about his management style from the inception of his govt. Heard he loosened up on this policy recently but its a little too late

6. Ambode placed too much reliance on the support of his god father and is now in a serious problem because with all the people highlighted above that Ambode has offended and clipped their wings, no one is willing to beg or fight on his behalf and many have been working actively to get him out.

7. Rumour has it that he he informed Tinubu of his plans to scrap the Alpha Beta collection of taxes in the state. Baba was not so happy about this and asked him to go and resign. (Dis na rumour ohhh)

8. Visionscape- Abode single handedly destroyed alot of the work his predecessors did in keeping this bustling metroplolis clean. PSP operators that spent millions and millions to buy waste trucks and employ staff were told overnight that they can no longer operate in Lagos. A phantom company with no waste management pedigree was brought in by Ambodes friend Niyi Makanjuola and made the sole waste collection enitity in lagos with financial backing of Lagos state who guaranteed the bond used to fund this venture(very controversial). After fight and negotiation and the entire environment in Lagos becoming filthy you now tell the PSP operators to become sub contractors to Visionscape. For dis Lagos where we dey. Ko le wek.

9. Ambodes directive that Lastma stop harrasssing Lagasions to the extent that they were was seen by many to be a good move, but this wasnt seen as a good move by Lastma officialls wey dey chop well well from the harrasment. They also worked to frustrate him

I personally have never liked the man Ambode, mainly due to the rumours of his vindictive nature and he completely lost me after the land use increase as this was like a punishment for those that supported him. I am not a Tinubu supporter and also recognise unlike many that BRF was not perfect (and allowed massive corruption to happen under his watch which he personally benefited from).

I must say that Ambode only has himself to blame for all this. He should have been more humble and conciliatory to APC memebers that did not initially support him, but he could never see past the fact that they were not initially 100% for him and decided to sack, embarras or shun many in the Lagos APC party infrastructure.

Time will tell if he can survive this coup that is being meted out to him. I personally do not wish him the best in his travails for my own reasons (not the reasons of his money grabbing god fathers or political opponents)

Eko oni baje oh
Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by bedspread: 10:57am On Sep 12, 2018
TheGreatestBB:
My personal view of the many missteps of Gov. Ambode that has led him to the mess he is in today:

1. Ambodes quarrel with the like BRF, Fowler (LIRS now FIRS) showed him to be vindictive and sentimental to those that he feels have wronged him in the past

2. Similarly Ambode has shown this vindictive nature to many bigwigs in the Lagos political arena by revoking land allocations, sealing properties of political rivals(even in the same party) for example sealing the property of Funmilayo Tejuosho a member of the state house of reps. I even heard that some of her dogs died due to the sealing of the property

3. Ambode categorically will not work with any conractors that worked under BRF. He revoked many contracts awarded by BRF rightly or wrongly. Take for example the estate being built at Illubirn or the Falomo shopping centre

4. Increasing land use charge and other fees like vehicle licencing by sometimes over 500% made many Lagosians see him as being more interested in tax generation than being mindful of the hardhsips many people are facing. This is why no landlord in the state will stand up and support him today (and of course tenants have also been affected by this policy)

5. It is said today that no commissioner in Lagos today can even award N1 million naira contract to anyone. Ambode has monopolized completely all state functions and every small medium or large contract must pass throuh his table. Due to this none of his or his political god fathers appointees has been smiling. Civil servants too have been complaining bitterly about his management style from the inception of his govt. Heard he loosened up on this policy recently but its a little too late

6. Ambode placed too much reliance on the support of his god father and is now in a serious problem because with all the people highlighted above that Ambode has offended and clipped their wings, no one is willing to beg or fight on his behalf and many have been working actively to get him out.

7. Rumour has it that he he informed Tinubu of his plans to scrap the Alpha Beta collection of taxes in the state. Baba was not so happy about this and asked him to go and resign. (Dis na rumour ohhh)

8. Visionscape- Abode single handedly destroyed alot of the work his predecessors did in keeping this bustling metroplolis clean. PSP operators that spent millions and millions to buy waste trucks and employ staff were told overnight that they can no longer operate in Lagos. A phantom company with no waste management pedigree was brought in by Ambodes friend Niyi Makanjuola and made the sole waste collection enitity in lagos with financial backing of Lagos state who guaranteed the bond used to fund this venture(very controversial). After fight and negotiation and the entire environment in Lagos becoming filthy you now tell the PSP operators to become sub contractors to Visionscape. For dis Lagos where we dey. Ko le wek.

9. Ambodes directive that Lastma stop harrasssing Lagasions to the extent that they were was seen by many to be a good move, but this wasnt seen as a good move by Lastma officialls wey dey chop well well from the harrasment. They also worked to frustrate him

I personally have never liked the man Ambode, mainly due to the rumours of his vindictive nature and he completely lost me after the land use increase as this was like a punishment for those that supported him. I am not a Tinubu supporter and also recognise unlike many that BRF was not perfect (and allowed massive corruption to happen under his watch which he personally benefited from).

I must say that Ambode only has himself to blame for all this. He should have been more humble and conciliatory to APC memebers that did not initially support him, but he could never see past the fact that they were not initially 100% for him and decided to sack, embarras or shun many in the Lagos APC party infrastructure.

Time will tell if he can survive this coup that is being meted out to him. I personally do not wish him the best in his travails for my own reasons (not the reasons of his money grabbing god fathers or political opponents)

Eko oni baje oh

Based on your Summation My Personal Counter Summations are these:

For your 1st, 2nd and 3rd points,
Governor AMBODE was carrying out the biddings of Chief Bola Tinubu. It was clear to Everyone that Ex Governor Fashola and Bola Tinubu were Like Cat and Mouse. They were not on the same page. Infact Fashola becoming a Minister was a Direct Intervention of President Buhari. So AMBODE being Tinubu boy had to counter and go against a Perceived Enemy of his master..

Your Number 4 Summation may have been a decision of Governor Ambode but it had Direct and Indirect Gains to Bola Tinubu and his Alpha beta company.

I have Nothing to say about Number 5

Number 6 , Well said

Number 8, Governor AMBODE Messed up Lagos with that decision to Change the PSP guys... The PSP guys were doing a great job and I feel if there was to be a change, the PSP guy's would have be Inculated into that change...At My Last visit to Nigeria Early this Year , Waste Mgt was a Mess ... Even at GRA'S..

I believe Number 9 was for the good of Lagosians in General and the New guys Ambode put up the LFU guy's I hear are doing a Real Great Job!!

In Summary, the godfatherism of Bola Tinubu in Lagos has done More Harm than good to Lagos... even down to the Local councils...

Lagos state is blessed with the capacity and Personnels to be at par with countries...

I say this, Until Bola Tinubu is Clipped and demystified in Lagos, Lagos state will keep going at snail speed and in circles..

1 Like

Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by id911(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2018
TheGreatestBB:

Eko oni baje oh

All these epistles just because the media has said Ambode has issues with Tinubu?! Immediately there's another news that Ambode and Tinubu have settled their differences you will write another epistle to praise him.

Seriously you people are just something else
Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by tollyboy5(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2018
I see no sins here than greedy APC godfathers.
lemme see since otedola is from EPe we are still in line

1 Like

Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 12, 2018
Trash
Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by nzeobi(m): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2018
I don't know how politics is played in the SW anyways but it appears you people must wait for tinibu to give you people sex routine with your wives and what to do and not to do.

am not a big fan of ambode but I must score him above average cos aside roads, health education and many sectors are not given the desired attention.
should LASU not be the best university in Nigeria.
should lagos not own atleast 3 world class hospitals better than the one in akwaibom.
should lagos not have a well regulated master plan for building houses, the number of 3-4 decks in awada alone is more than that in lagos put together.

anyways I hope he stand and fights like a man just like Chris Ngige did in Anambra state and today the state better for it. I hate it when men play God.

Tinubu was demystified in Ondo and he had no choice in Ekiti and Ogun so people should free themselves from mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by TheGreatestBB: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2018
bedspread:

Based on your Summation My Personal Counter Summations are these:

[b]For your 1st, 2nd and 3rd points,
Governor AMBODE was carrying out the biddings of Chief Bola Tinubu. It was clear to Everyone that Ex Governor Fashola and Bola Tinubu were Like Cat and Mouse. They were not on the same page. Infact Fashola becoming a Minister was a Direct Intervention of President Buhari. So AMBODE being Tinubu boy had to counter and go against a Perceived Enemy of his master..

[b]I agree he was carrying out the bidding of his god father at the time but he still did not play the political game well. His gra gra fighting his god fathers political opponents was more than was necessary. Fashola was and is still well loved by many Lagosians by completely isolating BRF you are isolating some (not all) of his supporters. This coupled with the other enemies he created for himself is why he finds himself in the difficult position he is in.

Your Number 4 Summation may have been a decision of Governor Ambode but it had Direct and Indirect Gains to Bola Tinubu and his Alpha beta company.

I have Nothing to say about Number 5

Number 6 , Well said

Number 8, Governor AMBODE Messed up Lagos with that decision to Change the PSP guys... The PSP guys were doing a great job and I feel if there was to be a change, the PSP guy's would have be Inculated into that change...At My Last visit to Nigeria Early this Year , Waste Mgt was a Mess ... Even at GRA'S..

In Summary, the godfatherism of Bola Tinubu in Lagos has done More Harm than good to Lagos... even down to the Local councils...

Lagos state is blessed with the capacity and Personnels to be at par with countries...

I say this, Until Bola Tinubu is Clipped in Lagos, Lagos state will keep going at snail speed and in circles..

Even though it is still early days let us see how many top notch politicians will stand up and defend Ambode in Lagos. Ambode won the election because of his reliance on his god father and he is going to lose everything it seems due to the over reliance on same 1 man. He should have played his politics right

Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by TheGreatestBB: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
nzeobi:
I don't know how politics is played in the SW anyways but it appears you people must wait for tinibu to give you people sex routine with your wives and what to do and not to do.

am not a big fan of ambode but I must score him above average cos aside roads, health education and many sectors are not given the desired attention.
should LASU not be the best university in Nigeria.
should lagos not own atleast 3 world class hospitals better than the one in akwaibom.
should lagos not have a well regulated master plan for building houses, the number of 3-4 decks in awada alone is more than that in lagos put together.

anyways I hope he stand and fights like a man just like Chris Ngige did in Anambra state and today the state better for it. I hate it when men play God.

Tinubu was demystified in Ondo and he had no choice in Ekiti and Ogun so people should free themselves from mental slavery.

I fully agree with you on the mental slavery. Its pathetic that 1 man can control so much in this state. As i stated earlier i personally do not like Ambode but acknowledge that he has done some good in Lagos.

People critisizing my post should note that these are my reasons why i believe Ambode is facing the challenges he is facing in Lagos today with no apparent support from most Lagos APC bigwigs, not the reasons why i personally dont support him. I think he has done alright but the way he chose to play his politics has backfired on him and not many politicians in Lagos will shed a tear for his plight
[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by Ogbuefi2020: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afonjas enjoy slavery

1 Like

Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by fallout87: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
All you have said is Ambode is against corruption and theft so he made sure Tinubu and other thieves couldn't touch contracts, had ownership canceled and had schemes they have used for over a decade decades to loot Lagos exposed and removed.

What is wrong with Nigerians?

What he is doing is actually good. However you guys cant think for yourselves will continue to allow these political godfathers to opress you.
Re: Ambodes Mis-steps by TheGreatestBB: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
fallout87:
All you have said is Ambode is against corruption and theft so he made sure Tinubu and other thieves couldn't touch contracts, had ownership canceled and had schemes they have used for over a decade decades to loot Lagos exposed and removed.
What is wrong with Nigerians?

What he is doing is actually good. However you guys cant think for yourselves will continue to allow these political godfathers to opress you.

Which country in the world does not have political god fathers. In the USA you have the Koch brother who every republican seeks their approval and vast wealth to get elected. Their support is not a charitable donation. They expect politicians to tow a certain line if not they will support a candidate against you in the next election. In the UK all prime ministers go and pay a visit to Rupert Murdoch for a reason. His newspapers and media empire can destroy even a prime minister that doesnt work in his interest.

It is all well and good being a pious man in politics but ask any politician how far that will get you. To be a politician anywhere in the world ( and especially a country like Nigeria) you hyave to be able to play political games and god fathers like it or hate it are part of that game.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Will Rule Nigeria For 4 Years – Primate Elijah Ayodele / After Receiving N34m, Buhari’s Economic Adviser Fails To Provide Research Study / Nnamdi Kanu Is The Biggest Scam Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.