Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location (33693 Views)

China Deploys Army Of Ducks To Fight Off Biggest Locust Invasion In 20 Years / Top5 Biggest Secrets In The World / Top5 Men Who Might Be Richer Than The World Government: By Postingday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Sergentinfluenc: 11:19am On Sep 12, 2018
Hello everyone, we have searched far and wild just to present to you our Top5 fascinating findings.

Did you know that the simplest River name to spell is Mississippi?, But if you are in the list of those who cannot spell Mississippi correctly, don’t worry yourself about such a brain wrecking havoc, just pick up your pen and paper, and ride with us.

Wait before you get too carried away, Mississippi is not the longest river in the world sad.

You must know that there are two criteria for classifying rivers, length, and depth.

1. Amazon River

The Amazon River is considered as either the first or second largest river in the world by volume, with a discharge greater than that of the next four rivers discharge combined. Its length is about 6,992 km (4,345 miles).

Secrets

-Amazon flows westward to the Pacific Ocean until 11 million years ago when it was impeded by the rise of the Andean mountain chain. It now flows east to the Atlantic.

-After many years of erring, its main course was discovered in 2014 to be the Rio Mantaro.

South America

2. River Nile

River Nile is inarguably the only river that could be compared to the Amazon river as the longest river in the world.

It is about 6,853 km (4,258 miles). This river is big enough for everybody ― You might be astonished to discover that River Nile is shared by eleven countries.

Secrets

-Most waterways flow from North to South, Niles defies this nature routine and flow from South to North.
-The Nile is formed by two major tributaries; the White Nile and the Blue Nile.
-The Nile is home to Nile crocodiles, one of the largest and most dangerous species of crocodile
5 and 33 are ‘ritual numbers’ in many space missions; Nile Rivers Bend Pea is at 33oE.

North-East Africa

3. Yangtze River

The Yangtze River is the longest river in China and Asia continent. It is about 6,300 km (3,917 miles).

It is the longest river in the world to flow within one country. In river discharge volume listing, it ranks sixth in the world.

Secrets

-A finless porpoise described as a shy mammal nickname “river pig” lives in Yangtze River
-Habitat to several endemic endangered species like Chinese alligator.
-It is the political boundary between north and south China due to the difficulty of crossing it.
-Its water turns red overnight in 2012.

China

4. Mississippi

The Mississippi River flows mainly in the United States and partially in Canada. This chief river of the second largest drainage system on the North American continent flows towards the Gulf of Mexico.

Its length is about 6,275 km (3,902 miles).

Secrets

-Enables about $400 billion of recreation, industry, and agriculture business revenue.
-Catfish of about 333 kg has been caught in the river.
-The fish is estimated to have lived for 100 years.

North America

5. Yenisei

The Yenisei River is the largest river system flowing to the Arctic Ocean rise in Mongolia, flows majorly to Russia and drains in the Kara sea via a northerly course.

Also called Romanised Yenisey, the river is about 5,539 km (3,445 miles) long.

Secrets

-The river suffers contamination from a secret city in Krasnoyarsk-26.
-The city secretly produced bomb-grade plutonium.
Russians first reached the upper Yenisei in 1605.

Russia

6. Copyrights Of Postingday.com

[b]Which of our Top5 thrilled you the most, leave your opinions and comments below. /b]

Source: https://postingday.com/top5-biggest-rivers-in-the-world/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2018
Nice topic educative

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Sergentinfluenc: 11:43am On Sep 12, 2018
HsLBroker:
Nice topic educative

Thank you sir. Reviews like this keeps us going.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Kundagarten: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World

How can one refer to "river" as BIGGEST?
This is one of the most useless blog site and yet lalasticlala keep pushing anything it says to frontpage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Bestattitude(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
None from Africa Op. We can't take it. Lol.

I sell home and office furnitures.
Office chair and table, dinning set, center table, tv stand, bar stool, workstation etc. Call or Whatsapp on 08165618646.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by stubbornman(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
SURULERE RIVER (CANAL)....NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE

THE BIGGEST AND DIRTIEST lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Mistadora01(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Where Lagos bridge
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by pTomz(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
interesting
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by 2extremes(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Who knows any of these rivers that I can go to wash my head?
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by alabi484(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nice
But op for add more detailed pictures
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by olufalaye: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Opinionated: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
Check out Breathtaking Waterfalls In Nigeria

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
Gj
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by elclassical(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
were is river Niger
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Sergentinfluenc: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
grin
Bestattitude:

Office chair and table, dinning set, center table, tv stand, bar stool, workstation etc. Call or Whatsapp on 08165618646.
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Racoon(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
I will love to visit the Amazons one day. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by jnrbayano(m): 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
River Missouri-Mississippi is no longer considered a single river?
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Abbey2sam(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
Bestattitude:

River Nile is in north Africa

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Niccoloimhotep: 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
Idiotz. That's how they will be messing with peoples brain. First, they made us believe in primary school that the Mississippi river was the longest in the world, later in adulthood we started hearing its river Nile. And now they want me to believe its the Amazon river again. Una dey mad

11 Likes

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Dannyset(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
Bestattitude:

River Nile
Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Lurdjuni: 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Bestattitude:

Can't u see river Nile of Egypt Mumu... this one did not finish secondary school

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by AreaFada2: 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Abbey2sam:

River Nile is in north Africa

The Nile originate in East Africa before flowing North.

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Pusyiter(m): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
This is what I used to know Nairaland represent not the recent thread of nauseating stories like BBN, ''he beat me I no go gree'' stuffs

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
Upon Africa small-small rivers, Mami-water n Juju wey de ground pass those amazon et al. No b by size...

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
Pusyiter:
This is what I used to know Nairaland represent not the recent thread of nauseating stories like BBN, ''he beat me I no go gree'' stuffs
yeah. No b like those dem bobrisky, tonto dike, kenya pipu, dem slay mama n rubbish wey de make fp

1 Like

Re: Top5 Biggest Rivers In The World – Secrets And Location by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
The list is uncompleted without of own very ASABA AND ONISHA River- Oh the River Niger.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Behind Drone Attack To Assassinate Putin - Russia Claims / Ukraine: Boris Johnson Says UK Will Send Lethal Weapons / Barcelona Truck Attack Kills 12 And Injures 80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.