Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users (31637 Views)

Israeli Scammers Defraud Nigerians With Child Cancer YouTube Adverts. / New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today / Nonso Diobi Cries Out As Scammers Defraud Nigerians With His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by SAMBARRY: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sheuns:
I wonder how they'll swap my card and I wouldn't notice.

So, u dey tell me say I carry UBA card come ATM, u go come swap am with GTB and you think say I no go observe. Na only Aboki una fit do this one for.
if it's uba ATM card they can quickly substitute it for another uba. Those involved in those shady deals will have many ATM cards from various banks na. But in situations like this the bank security guards are usually at alert
Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by Richard067(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jennifer89:
One guy called me today he called my name, Bvn and eventually date of birth saying that someone tried to withdraw money with ATM from my GTB account to Union bank

He was asking if I am awear of it although I don't have account with any of the banks

I just screamed 419 Thief! And the guy ended the call.

Hope he won't use my Bvn to trace my real account?
Babe na 1 chance u dey o, because na ur account number remain make dem knw, after dat nah 0 balance u dey.
Its better u go to ur bank and lodge a complain to b on a safer side
Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by mechanics(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good for them.
Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by itubaba001: 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
This strategy of swaping atm card can only occur in aboki land
Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by maasoap(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sheuns:

So, u dey tell me say I carry UBA card come ATM, u go come swap am with GTB and you think say I no go observe. Na only Aboki una fit do this one for.

itubaba001:
This strategy of swaping atm card can only occur in aboki land

How can we get rid of this kind of mentality in our society? You're so proud of your tribe but so slow in thinking.
Firstly, they have different types of atm cards with different colours and names with them.
Secondly, many people in the our society are illiterates.
Now, tell me if you haven't got illiterates among your tribesmen and women.

To even see some nairaland displaying their usual stupidity here like atm cards swapping is a new crime and that it's limited to Hausa people calls for concern.
Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by samsonslides: 11:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sheuns:

what if dem give u same uba card....nobody wey no fit fall for dat trick....just pray e no happen to u
Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by okikigsm: 3:27am On Sep 13, 2018
This is real.one of the ring leader was caught at access bank in ile ife Osun state yesterday morning not knowing he was under surveillance after he exchanged an elderly man's card on sunday morning.He confesses that they are ten in number and they all came from Ilesha everyday to carryout their wicked act but today God of ojo kan ni to ole ojo kan ni to oloko was angry against them.
Re: New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users by Sheuns(m): 6:30am On Sep 13, 2018
maasoap:

How can we get rid of this kind of mentality in our society? You're so proud of your tribe but so slow in thinking.
Firstly, they have different types of atm cards with different colours and names with them.
Secondly, many people in the our society are illiterates.
Now, tell me if you haven't got illiterates among your tribesmen and women.

To even see some nairaland displaying their usual stupidity here like atm cards swapping is a new crime and that it's limited to Hausa people calls for concern.

What is the meaning of Aboki? Aboki is an Hausa word that means "friend" and anybody can be referred to as Aboki. I didn't pick on any tribe, was just a normal jibe.

All I'm saying is I can't be that careless and my card will be swapped and I wouldn't know, even if they give me the same bank card. And again why would I need someone to help me at the ATM, when I can do it on my own. They can only use this trick on not too learned people, that's what the "Aboki" I used meant in the statement, not insulting any tribe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Woman 8 Months After Her Wedding In Kaduna (Pixs) / I Want The Man Who Raped Me To Die In Prison: 8year-old Rape Victim (Photo) / Missing Female Lawyer’s Body Found Mutilated In Her Chambers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.