Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There (39071 Views)

P&ID: The 3 Ex-Government Officials ‘Who Almost Got Nigeria Into $11b Debt’ / ''You Dial Trouble''- Dino Melaye To Automobile Company That Accused Him Of Debt / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Ojiofor: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
jossytech:
angry grin angry grin grin this got my rib cracked A1 in Islamic studies. Chief imam federal republic of Nigeria

Nigeria is heading to Venuzuela unless the LIFELESS one is sent back to Daura next year.

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by SoNature(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
I have never heard where infrastructure increased GDP in my life. The way it happens is
1. You build the capavity of your people.
2. The people create wealth and
3. Build infrastructure

Your Number 3 contradicts your assertion

Infrastructure improves GDP, oga

If we have basic amenities, many people wouldn't be looking for jobs

Do you know the number of people who have closed shops and are now looking for jobs because we don't have steady power?

There's nothing wrong with a government borrowing to bridge the gap of infrastructure deficit

But any government that wants to borrow must spend the money judiciously and must have a repayment plan

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Bizibi(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
lots of ongoing projects which completion has been the sheduled for last quarter of the and early quarter of next year.
which projects? Many of us are waiting for funds to be approved so that work can start,they've not paid some contractors for some 2017 projects and this year will soon come to an end and nobody is talking about 2018 projects,the only thing we keep hearing is the inec budget,infact the executive and legislature are slowing things down with self interests and petty politics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Vince77(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2018
Amina Mohammed is IPOB. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Iamgrey5(m): 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
I have never heard where infrastructure increased GDP in my life. The way it happens is
3. Build infrastructure
You need to pick up your secondary school textbooks on economics and study economic growth & Development

I promise, you will thank me later wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by famayo: 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ok na.Let them continue piling up debts. I swear, those involved in borrowing & looting will pay with their blood and that of their generations yet unborn. "Eni to ba ti je gbi lo maa ku gbi"

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by GavelSlam: 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Watch the Men Who Built America if you truly seek answer to your question.

Start with the people first by giving them Technical Education and Finance in order to enable them build the wealth that will empower them to build quality infrastructures.

No Govt can build all the infrastructures needed by a society without the input of the people.

Stop asking me to watch a documentary that has no relevance to our society.

A society in which people still wash Ebola away with salt water or believe prayer and fasting would bring change.

Are you suggesting if i go through your posts I would not find how you've criticised the slow pace on infrastructure?

You guys need to be consistent in your argument.

Are you saying you don't lament the decay in infrastructure in this country?

Are you suggesting government abandon them and build only schools and hospitals?

No theory, and no vague suggestions.

Hit the nail on the head and itemize how it would be done.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by grandstar(m): 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
The Image of the Beast

If you know you know

There are 7 kings 5 have fallen, one is, and one is still to come (Revelations 17:10)

Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, One is (Rome) and one is still to come. What is the name of King?

If you know you know
Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Viking007(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
amaniro:
When I say Okonji you say Iwealatongue
If that campaign ad on your comment is true, then Atiku has my vote.
Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by EternalTruths: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2018
SoNature:

Do you know the number of people who have closed shops and are now looking for jobs because we don't have steady power?

There's nothing wrong with a government borrowing to bridge the gap of infrastructure deficit

But any government that wants to borrow must spend the money judiciously and must have a repayment plan

Without Technical Education and Business Grants, even if a nation has 24hrs electricity, good roads etc, industrialization that leads to job creation might not be achieved.

This is a basic fact you guys don't understand.

Nigeria should focus more on Technical Education and Business Grants while not neglecting infrastructural development.

4 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
GOD and DEVIL punish those EEDIOTS
Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Daejoyoung: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
3. Build infrastructure
l am not a zombie, but what you wrote up there is pure bullshit. You need infrastructure such as power, rails, good roads, mass housing, health and educational facilities to grow the economy and also the people ( the middle class and the poor especially).

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by EternalTruths: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

Stop asking me to watch a documentary that has no relevance to our society.

A society in which people still wash Ebola away with salt water or believe prayer and fasting would bring change.

Are you suggesting if i go through your posts I would not find how you've criticised the slow pace on infrastructure?

You guys need to be consistent in your argument.

Are you saying you don't lament the decay in infrastructure in this country?

Are you suggesting government abandon them and build only schools and hospitals?

No theory, and no vague suggestions.

Hit the nail on the head and itemize how it would be done.

You are always shouting infrastructure without seeing the real problem.

Why is Togo, Benin, Ivory Coast, Cameroon etc not doing fine despite having steady light, good roads etc.?

Without Technical Education and Business Grants, even if a nation has 24hrs electricity, good roads etc, industrialization that leads to job creation might not be achieved.

Nigeria should focus more on Technical Education and Business Grants while not neglecting infrastructural development.

Jaqenhghar

4 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by sawdi: 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
kenddys:

the funny part is that they recovered $322m abacha loot and decided to share it with the poor and then borrow $324m to fund telecom sector who does that please?

All of them are mad!

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by grateful236(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
amaniro:
When I say Okonji you say Iwealatongue

Is this for real?
Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by EternalTruths: 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l am not a zombie, but what you wrote up there is pure bullshit. You need infrastructure such as power, rails, good roads, mass housing, health and educational facilities to grow the economy and also the people ( the middle class and the poor especially).

Why is Togo, Benin, Ivory Coast, Cameroon etc not doing fine despite having steady light, good roads etc.?

Can you give us an answer.

Jaqenhghar

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by EternalTruths: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
Iamgrey5:
You need to pick up your secondary school textbooks on economics and study economic growth & Development

Do a research on this question and you understand that that guy Jaqenhghar is right.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Daejoyoung: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Government must play their part as well by providing some basic necessities such as power, effective transport system across the nation, a good broad brand, etc. These things aid businesses and even the ease of doing business.
Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Jaqenhghar: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Its bullshit to one who doesnt understand how a society functions. In a country where you cant maintain a single toilet the solution to you is to build nore infrastructure. LOL. What a joke

5 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.thecable.ng/amina-mohammed-okonjo-iweala-got-nigeria-debt-now-back
Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss omenka tossie101

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
kenddys:

kemi inherited $35billion and she couldn't do anything with it and you are saying she deserves some accolades, for what exactly?

The IBOs are the majority of ignorant & lazy youths fighting psychological warfare online. Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala is a failure who is supposed to be tried with her accomplices if Nigeria were to be China. In her book, she was defending herself. Peter Obi also tried to defend her by saying opposition & governors made her to share the money they looted.

What saved them is Emefiele at CBN. Buhari is only being magnanimous by giving him chance to complete his tenure. President Buhari has given the reason why he gave him a benefit of doubt. The actual reminant out of the $50 billion inherited from Obj as at May 29, 2007 was around $26 billion as May 29, 2015. As at today, the reserve is over $44 billion.

Okonjo - Iweala that was brought to testify against Obj during Yaradua govt when Ndi Elumelu led committee on power was probing Obj. Mrs Amina statement was misrepresented & misinterpreted. Igbos are propaganda expert.

GEJ & Okonjo - Iweala left Nigeria highly indebted as at May 29, 2015 despite making the HIGHEST REVENUE in the history of Africa till date saving no KOBO, spent everything, borrowed & depleted inherited reserve by over $20 billion. The god of Nigeria will never forgive them. They borrowed to pay salary before they handover to PMB

Obj inherited $5.5 billion from Military as at May 29, 1999 & left over $50 billion as at May 29, 2007. CBN & DMO should tell us the total debt as at May 29, 2015.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Rather than borrowing money for electricity and roads and agriculture and things that will boost the economy our olodo of a president is borrowing money for telecoms so china can flood our markets with their chinco funds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Jaqenhghar: 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
Iamgrey5:

Actually its you who should take your advice

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Daejoyoung: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Do a research on this question and you understand that that guy is right.
The truth is Nigeria already have many entrepreneual citizens and the basis for a good private sector, we are 180 million people, these countries are small but also have corrupt African leaders impeding growth e.g Togo and Cameroon. lvorycoast and Benin republic would have to free themselves from the cfa currency and the shackles of Frances.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Jaqenhghar: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Do a research on this question and you understand that that guy Jaqenhghar is right.
Dont mind them. Thays why they have the leaders they deserve and wonder why they are where they are 50 years + and nothing to show for it

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by starmehigh: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
If this natural disaster keeps happening in US and Japan. Then maybe one day North Korea will re-mount their nuclear programme again and trump will decide to shut it down by force which will lead NK to fire one small missile in US **BOOM**. That's THIRD WORLD WAR.

I know nothing will happen to any African country cause nothing concerns them. But I just want to let you know that African is a reserved land, when Russia, US, North Korea, Japan, and top world country is done with destroying their land and home then you'll know what am talking about, the top survived countries will select their preferred African country to settle then another slave era will start, this slave era will be the worst, we will become slaves in our lands.

Can we fight? no, we can't, oh! sorry am joking yes we can fight with knife and gun but who fights with knife and gun in this era, we don't have the tech to fight back. They will just threaten us with a small missile and we will turn ourselves to slaves immediately, then the white men will rule us, take our natural resources and manpower build their homes to a better standard than it was before then move back and left us with another slave history.

BLACK PEOPLE please lets us build our children and invest in technological advancement because we dont know what the future beholds.
been a footballer, musician, basketball player, Pu*sy is power member is great but lets go into TECH.

Thanks, from me
Starme High

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by emperorblog(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
Kundagarten:
Wow this is coming from a former Buhari employee.
And we replaced NOI with Kemi, a woman without something as basic as NYSC certificate.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by SoNature(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Oga, stop making a baseless argument

Even the education you are talking about falls under infrastructure
Infrastructure is a broad concept

Students won't learn under the tree or without classrooms...lab and the rest

That aside, I believe that Nigeria’s biggest problem is weak institutions

If Nigeria was configured for people in power to have limits, we wouldn't be where we are

Look how they are probing a sitting president in the US

If our institutions are not strong, Nigeria will always remain a joke

Yes, Nigeria is a joke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by EternalTruths: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Government must play their part as well by providing some basic necessities such as power, effective transport system across the nation, a good broad brand, etc. These things aid businesses and even the ease of doing business.

Do you think Govt can provide all the infrastructure needed in a society.?

Do you know how many infrastructures can be built if Govt help to nurture more Nigerians to become Dangotes.?

I asked a question about African countries with good infrastructures that are not doing fine and you are yet to tell me why that are not doing fine.

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Jaqenhghar: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
SoNature:

See your mentality. We are talking of GDP you are talking of shop. Petty trading. You want to build an economy on petty trading. SMH

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Ikpongiton: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
The truth is gradually rearing its head

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
The IBOs are the majority of ignorant & lazy youths fighting psychological warfare online. Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala is a failure who is supposed to be tried with her accomplices if Nigeria were to be China. In her book, she was defending herself. Peter Obi also tried to defend her by saying opposition & governors made her to share the money they looted.

What saved them is Emefiele at CBN. Buhari is only being magnanimous by giving him chance to complete his tenure. President Buhari has given the reason why he gave him a benefit of doubt. The actual reminant out of the $50 billion inherited from Obj as at May 29, 2007 was around $26 billion as May 29, 2015. As at today, the reserve is over $44 billion.

Okonjo - Iweala that was brought to testify against Obj during Yaradua govt when Ndi Elumelu led committee on power was probing Obj. Mrs Amina statement was misrepresented & misinterpreted. Igbos are propaganda expert.

GEJ & Okonjo - Iweala left Nigeria highly indebted as at May 29, 2015 despite making the HIGHEST REVENUE in the history of Africa till date saving no KOBO, spent everything, borrowed & depleted inherited reserve by over $20 billion. The god of Nigeria will never forgive them. They borrowed to pay salary before they handover to PMB

Obj inherited $5.5 billion from Military as at May 29, 1999 & left over $50 billion as at May 29, 2007. CBN & DMO should tell us the total debt as at May 29, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos) / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign In Kaduna / How I Was Forcefully Married To Boko Haram Since 2014, Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.