Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,745 members, 7,865,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

Mikel Obi Reveals The Three Football Legends Who Inspired Him As A Teenager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Reveals The Three Football Legends Who Inspired Him As A Teenager (515 Views)

Mikel Obi Reveals He Got Robbed Of African Footballer Of The Year Award / Seven Football Legends Who Retired In 2019: Sneijder, Xavi, Cech, Robben / Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Reveals The Three Football Legends Who Inspired Him As A Teenager by Josephmorgan: 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
According to Mikel Obi, his hero was Zinedine Zidane, Austin Okocha and Nwankwo Kanu they had been the three stars that inspired him as a teenage footballer.

The 31-year-old, who missed Nigeria’s last two games against Seychelles and Liberia, expressed his respect for Zidane, Okocha and Kanu.

“As a younger player, I drew a lot inspiration from two of the best stars Nigeria ever produced,” Mikel was quoted by The Nation as saying.

“I grew up looking up to (Nwankwo) Kanu and (Austin) Jay Jay Okocha. I loved watching them play for their respective club sides.

“They extremely motivated me. Zinedine Zidane was my all-time hero.”

Read more: https://sportblitzz.com/2018/09/12/mikel-obi-reveals-the-three-football-legends-who-inspired-him-as-a-teenager/#ixzz5Qu8OVgNz

Re: Mikel Obi Reveals The Three Football Legends Who Inspired Him As A Teenager by daomi(m): 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
Better pikin
Re: Mikel Obi Reveals The Three Football Legends Who Inspired Him As A Teenager by amaniro: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
But you had a chance to play with them naundecided

Is it not 2007 nwankwo retire?

(1) (Reply)

Today's Match Prediction / Ballon D'or Poll Disappears After Messi Goes Top - Marca / Manchester United Signs New Goalkeeper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.