Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women (7521 Views)

Birth Tourism: US Block Visas For Pregnant Women Visiting To Give Birth / This Bridge Swallows Pregnant Women In Akwa Ibom / 141 Nigerians Including 11 Pregnant Women Voluntarily Return From Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by autojosh: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2018
1.  Minimize Your Driving

When your pregnancy has become really advanced, especially when its in the third trimester, it is important to minimize the need to drive yourself. This is especially at the point when your belly has gotten too close to the steering wheel.

If you must drive long distances, arrange to have periodic stoppages for toilet breaks and to stretch your legs.

2. Keep Sufficient Space Between You and the Car Ahead of You

Avoid tailgating.  Tailgating is when one drives too close behind the car ahead of him or her.

One reason why this is important is that in event that the car ahead of you halts suddenly, this will prevent you from stepping on your brake suddenly, and bumping your tommy unto the steering wheel.

3. Take Periodic Breaks

To keep healthy circulation, especially in your leg, it is important to schedule periodic breaks from driving, even if it’s just for a couple of minutes, so you can stretch your legs.

4. In the Event of a Collision

If you are involved in a collision with another vehicle, no matter how minor, visit the hospital to have the baby’s heartbeat checked and to verify that no harm has come the way of the baby. Even if you do not feel you have been hurt, research suggests that pregnant women in crashes without documented injuries are at greater risk of premature labour caused by a placental abruption.

7. Reduce Driving At Night

Generally, driving is riskier at night. Night driving reduces visibility, increases the chance of encountering a drunk driver and increases fatigue. So, to avoid putting yourself and the baby at risk, minimize driving at night.

6. Fill Up Before you Start Driving

Drinking plenty of water is important habit during pregnancy. Ensure to always have bottled water and fruits when travelling. It is also imperative to keep your blood sugar at a healthy level, and that you avoid eating unhealthy food. By eating before you leave the house, and packing some healthy snacks for the road, you can keep your blood sugar in check and eat healthily.

7. Be Ready For Emergencies

Expectant mothers should prepare for emergencies when driving. For instance, before driving pack a traveling pillow, toiletries, fully-charged mobile phone and additional clothes. If you are far gone into your pregnancy, you could find these items particularly handy if birth comes earlier than expected.

8. Consider Stopping Driving Around 30 weeks Into Your Pregnancy

When your pregnancy approaches its due date, it is often advised that you reduce or totally quit driving. Though driving at that period poises no direct risk, however, your reaction during emergencies could through up some risk.

9. Consider Using Public Transport

At the later point of your pregnancy, rather than drive, it is sometimes advised that you opt for a public transport vehicle, for example Yellow Cab, Uber, Taxify, etc.

10. Always Wear your Seat-belt

Wearing seat belts does not endanger the baby. Instead, it protects you and the baby. However, in your pregnant state, place the waist strap below the bump, somewhere around your Hipbones. The sash part of the seat-belt should be placed between the breasts.

https://autojosh.com/10-essential-driving-tips-for-pregnant-women/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Biglittlelois(f): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
Pergnancy: a rite of passage for any woman who wants to have kids, i dread the day i will be legally pregnant, the stories of pains and contractions then labour is really scary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by TooNoisy(f): 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2018
Let's just say, avoid driving in Lagos!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nothing to say
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Pergnancy: a rite of passage for any women who wants to have kids, i dread the day i will be legally pregnant, the stories of pains and contractions then labour is really scary.
what does legal pregnancy mean Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
Just be safe and get a GOOD driver. Beware of the lifeless ones.
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Mckandre(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
same thing applies to guys too

meanwhile
this boxhead pup is good to go, check my signature.
Location enugu

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Unlimited22: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
Another person, aside Explorers, who creates threads that make some sense.
Kudos, autojosh.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Biglittlelois(f): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
yeyerolling:
what does legal pregnancy mean Smh

It means not getting pregnant outside wedlock, duhhh

2 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by stano2(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
I heard pregnant women have unpredictable and unimaginable mood swings, i hope they don't hit my car while driving just because they feel that way.

Any woman Dat wakes her husband around 2am to buy ukwa or one particular soup for her can do dat oo. They shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Check my signature for the best laptop deal

4 Likes

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Emrixx(f): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
That's if they will listen
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Yewandequeen(f): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:

meaning you're doing some legbegbe without legality abi grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by chocboi78(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
11 do not drive at all
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Biglittlelois(f): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Yewandequeen:
meaning you're doing some legbegbe without legality abi grin

grin grin
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Shehunoshewhat: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
Preggies
They fascinate me a lot.
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by lonelydora: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
@ point 1. Do not minimize driving but STOP driving. Allow someone drive you, if there's need for vehicle

There are women who drive better than men
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by EndyEdesonNews(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
Though, heavily pregnant women shouldn't be allowed to drive
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by YvonneAtNL: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:

grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by AceVentura: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Pergnancy: a rite of passage for any women who wants to have kids, i dread the day i will be legally pregnant, the stories of pains and contractions then labour is really scary.

Is there anything like illegal pregnancy?

������
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:

where is it a crime or illegal
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Muyir(m): 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:
LEGALLY PREGNANT, VERY DEEP AND CONNOTES A LOT OF MEANING.

1 Like

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Biglittlelois(f): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
yeyerolling:
where is it a crime or illegal

Where did i say it is a crime or illegal
When someone is legally married and becomes pregnant, is it not legal
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Biglittlelois(f): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
Muyir:
LEGALLY PREGNANT, VERY DEEP AND CONNOTES A LOT OF MEANING.

Finally, someone that understands, thank you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Where did i say it is a crime or illegal
When someone is legally married and becomes pregnant, is it not legal
no section of the law talks about legal pregnancy
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Biglittlelois(f): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
yeyerolling:
no section of the law talks about legal pregnancy

Lol, what brought about section of the law here?
Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by povicky1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Don't worry. I'm coming to make it possible dear. But don't be too scared okay �

1 Like

Re: 10 Essential Driving Tips For Pregnant Women by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Lol, what brought about section of the law here?
because u say lega marriage na. Which doesnt exist or is enforceable in law

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Resolve The Wrong Date Of Birth On My Transcript / Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? / Is It Better To Live In Europe Than In The US?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.