Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building (3319 Views)

The North Has Not Given Up On Their Desire To Secede From Nigeria / Faruk Yahaya Meets Olowu Of Kuta, Renews Commitment To Nation’s Security (pics) / Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by presidency: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Office Of The Vice President

Press Release

You Are The Ones Who Can Make The Difference If You Remain Consistent In Service, VP OSinbajo Tells Young Aspirants

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has commended Nigeria’s youths for their desire to contribute to nation building in their various constituencies through active involvement in politics, while calling on them to make needed sacrifices to ensure the ideals they want to see in the country are realised.

Prof. Osinbajo said this on Wednesday night during a meeting with young aspirants under the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Noting that the country’s future depends on the commitment of young people who are willing to play their part and make positive differences, the Vice President said that it was important to encourage young people to participate at all levels of the party.

He said, “I also want to say that your courage is exceptional. If you aspire to be anything in a country of about 200 million people, you are a courageous person, no question about that, because when you count the number of people who hold elective offices in this country, they are very few when compared to the population. So, what you are searching for is really coveted, and is not a walk in the park. I really salute your courage," he said.

The VP then congratulated the aspirants for having gone "this far in the game, that you are not just sitting down at home, not just getting upset with yourself on Social Media. You are putting your money, resources and your time where your mouth is. So, consider yourself in very exceptional company. This is a group of people who have not lost hope, but are very determined to ensure that things work.”

Prof Osinbajo added that young people should not lose hope in the country as things would continue to change for the better if they remain committed to the ideals.

He said, “I strongly believe that the future of our party depends on people who are committed to see that we build a party that is based on ideals that you and I think are important. As a young person, I belonged to several pressure groups. I graduated at the age of 21. And when I graduated, I began to participate in various pressure groups, human rights organisations, anti-corruption, civil society groups of every kind. When political parties started forming, we could not aspire, but we remained involved. My first involvement in government was when I was appointed as Attorney General in Lagos State.

“For seven years - after serving as Lagos Attorney-General - I was part of the party, I did not have a board appointment or anything, but I kept working for the party. I kept working for the party as a lawyer. Most of those cases we were not paid a dime. But we went from place to place. Sometimes we didn’t even have a place to stay when we went to court the next morning. So, there is a measure of paying the price, it depends on how serious or committed we are to some of the things we say we are committed to.”

Prof. Osinbajo further called on young people to stay committed and remain within the party to help to build the party structures.

“I believe that, in party politics, we must go beyond positions, whether elective or appointed, but we must be committed to something, the principles and beliefs of those who are the forebears of that party,” he said.

The Vice President added, “We are in a place where we are the ones who can make the difference. Nothing is going to change overnight, but we can make efforts to change the process. We can do a lot more, but it depends on our commitment. I like the idea of young people getting a quota in the party structure to run for office on some level, such as the state houses of Assembly." Some of the aspirants had earlier raised the issue of allowing quotas to young people in elective offices.

According to the VP, "It is up to us to fight at every stage to see the ideals that we desire; we will win, in the end, if we are consistent. Our party is stronger if our young people are determined to make a change and a difference, even from within. We would see what can be done to ensure that women and youths are more involved in party politics.”

Young aspirants in the APC across the country who attended the forum last night had requested for audience with the Vice President ahead of the party primaries later this month.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity
Office of the Vice President
13th September, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Rasheed2567: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
we go still kick una out. stupid people

6 Likes

Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Homeboiy: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
Na so
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by SeriouslySense(m): 6:59am On Sep 14, 2018
okay o

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by 9jayes: 7:00am On Sep 14, 2018
Homeboiy:
Na so

Grab the opportunity, see my signature
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 14, 2018
Weldone Sir! A good speech from you, this is one of the things we need to hear.
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by olufalaye: 7:01am On Sep 14, 2018
Pls I will make this brief, am student of estate management, I recently loose my part time job due to expiration of contract.
My only concern is that I needed to pay my tuition fee for my final semester, which is 80.300 naira.
I have a pay later app am running to borrow to sustain when I was working, I think I can borrow up to 25k there now, all I needed is 55k to complete this tuition fee.
Pls help me don't let me loose all I've suffered for 5 years just because of this last payment, I only have till Monday.
Pls I have no parent. so that's never an option for me.
All necessary information is with me to confirm this claim. I can even send my school login details to whoever is willing to help me
My account details is on my profile and contact.
Thanks
Pls save my life.
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2018
presidency:

The VP then congratulated the aspirants for having gone "this far in the game, that you are not just sitting down at home, not just getting upset with yourself on Social Media
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew

Na when election reach Osibanjo dey remember youth grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Nathdoug(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2018
BUT WE WILL STILL VOTE YOU OUT COME NEXT YEAR
YOUR GOVERNMENT IS THE WORSE ONE SINCE I WAS BORN

2 Likes

Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by royalads: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2018
We should kill ourselves for a Nigeria that does not have out interest at heart right? Will always say this ' work hard to better your life and that of your family... Nigeria doesn't give a hoot about us'.
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by dexterinc2003: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2018
Nigeria got independent in 1960.

2018 the politicians are still 'commending' the youth for their 'desire to be part of nation building'.

When will this failed generation hand over the to the youth to correct their errors?

Bunch of jokers!!!

LAST WORDS: If someone wastes your time for 1 hour, 45 mins of that was your fault.
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by DBossNG(m): 7:11am On Sep 14, 2018
OK sir

1 Like

Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by klax(m): 7:16am On Sep 14, 2018
Which youth? The youth you frustrated their lives The youth your oga called lazy The youth your oga told Theresa May to thrash?? Pls Osibande which youth are you talking about? bro just hold your peace you have chosen a wrong person as boss get that fact.
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Nukilia: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2018
Oga go and sit down! grin grin grin
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by ednut1(m): 7:17am On Sep 14, 2018
Any pastor involved in nigeria politics cant be real
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Ikenna0b: 7:18am On Sep 14, 2018
F2k you and your shithole, worthless, nation
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by klax(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2018
Wait who remove saraki a nightmare for apc from front page
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Nukilia: 7:20am On Sep 14, 2018
klax:
Which youth? The youth you frustrated their lives The youth your oga called lazy The youth your oga told Theresa May to thrash?? Pls Osibande which youth are you talking about? bro just hold your peace you have chosen a wrong person as boss get that fact.

Don't mind the idiot! He thinks Nigerians are fools. The game plan is bad with the APC presenting an incompetent person like Buhari to lead a country like Nigeria. The sad part of it is making a professor as Vice to a dullard.
Party interest superceeds national interest in this case...
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2018
we are too lazy to hear the VP speak.
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2018
we are too lazy to hear the VP speak
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by stuffs4me(m): 7:44am On Sep 14, 2018
So the youths are contributing to nation building while old and lifeless person like-Buhari are destroying the nation
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Ogunleke48: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2018
Among those that visited the Vice President was Activist Dayo Israel... APC Aspirant (Aspiring as Representative of Lagos Mainland Constituency at Lagos State House of Assembly)

Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by ajisolasheu: 8:10am On Sep 14, 2018
Not like someone who called them lazy
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by ike007(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2018
Noo.. We are lazy o... We the lazy youth will vote u guys out. Nonsense
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Horus(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2018
A youth is one who is always ready to take on challenges as they come. If one expects or waits for everything to be smooth and hassle-free, then that person is not a youth. It is in old age that one expects everything to be smooth and free from difficulty
Re: VP Osinbajo Commend Youths For Their Desire To Contribute To Nation Building by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2018
Dear Mr. Vice President, if you are sincere why won't your party APC reduce the cost of sell of nomination form for these young aspirants.

Action speaks louder the words.

(1) (Reply)

Ihedioha Is The Greatest Corruption Fighter Nigeria Has Produced Since 1960 / A British Woman Wins A Senate Seat In Lagos Nigeria / Courts Shuts Down Edo APC Secretariat Of Oshiomole's Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.