Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Activist Tackles Police, A Commissioner, For Unlawful Detention Of House Boy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Activist Tackles Police, A Commissioner, For Unlawful Detention Of House Boy (314 Views)

House Boy Cuts Off Aged Master’s Manhood For Money Ritual In Anambra / Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention / Court Order SARS to Pay Pastor N10m for Unlawful Arrest, See What They did Nex(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Activist Tackles Police, A Commissioner, For Unlawful Detention Of House Boy by NegusNegaste(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
By: Chukwuemeka Iheonunekwu.

Godwin Honukpe Hounzavi, 30, has been detained by the Police for over 9 weeks. He was a house boy to Mr. Greg Obi, the Commissioner for local Government and Chieftaincy matters in Anambra state.

Godwin, was accused of stealing an uncertain amount of money from his principal, Hon. Greg Obi.

According to the motion filed by Chief Tony Dania ESQ, at the Magistrate’s Court in Awka, Godwin said, “I stumbled upon so much cash in Dollars and Naira in one of the Rooms in my Oga's house. I was scared it might be ritual money. I told my co-workers and I ran away.”

Mr. Greg Obi, it was alleged, does not know the exact amount of money in his house. He only suspected that Godwin connived with other members of his domestic staff to steal from his stock-pile of cash. He got the Applicant arrested and detained since early July 2018.

Godwin was first detained at Alagbon by the Police at Interpol with his legs chained and locked like a serial murderer who was arrested at the scene of a murder incident. He has been denied access to his relations and previous Lawyers.

After being served with a letter of protest by Chief Tony Dania, renoun, respected, reputable right activist, and Probono Lawyer based in Lagos, Godwin was moved to Anambra State Police Command headquarters, Awka.

“The allegation against Godwin is stealing, which is ordinarily bailable, yet, for over 9 weeks now, he has been detained by the Police, without bail and without being charged to Court, obviously, because of the status of the Complainant, who ought to have been investigated by the EFCC for stock-piling cash in his house,” says the Barrister.

The Barrister followed the case from Lagos to Awka. He filed a motion at the Magistrate’s court, Awka, dated 11-09-18; praying the Court to grant the following orders:

1. An order directing the Anambra state commissioner of Police in Awka, or any Police officer acting in his stead, to produce the applicant in court.

2. An order granting bail to the applicant on liberal terms.
3. And for such other order(s) as the court may deem fit to make in the circumstances.

The motion shall be heard on Friday, 14-09-18.

(1) (Reply)

Soldier, Policeman, Others Killed In Fresh Plateau State Attack By Herdsmen. / Tragedy Averted As Epileptic Taxify Driver Suffers Seizure At Top Speed / Five Members Of The Jehovah's Witness Religious Group Have Been Detained In Russ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.