Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 (920 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Against Buhari Lands In Serious Trouble / Nura Iliyasu In DSS Custody After Climbing Mast To Protest Against Buhari - Deji / Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by TheTrueSeeker: 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Telecoms Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Bid Descends After 24 Hours
"I don't believe General Buhari deserves another four-year term in Nigeria because the pervasive hunger and poverty in Nigeria is inexplicable. I don't have mental disorder as being insinuated by some people," he stated.

Nura Ilyasu, the man who climbed a telecommunications mast in Abuja on Wednesday to protest the re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari, has finally descended.

He came down from the mast on Thursday.

Ilyasu touched ground at 11:25am voluntarily, after security operatives acceded to his request that he must address the press upon his descent.

According to Ilyasu, he climbed the mast to protest the economic hardship in the country, just as he stated that President Muhammadu Buhari does not deserve another four years in office.

Security agents had made entreaties to him since Wednesday when he mounted the mast, but their efforts proved abortive, as he had vowed not to descend until President Muhammadu Buhari resigns from the office.

However, this morning, they were able to communicate with him via his mobile telephone, and they appealed to him. He later told them that he would come down on the condition that he must speak to the press.

He said: "My name is Nura Ilyasu. I am 28 years old. What I did is within the purview of the law. My human right is to protest peacefully and I never threatened my life or any other person

"What we are going through in this country is not from God. Some microscopic-view individuals hijacked all that God endowed Nigeria with for decent life, and we can't continue like this. I climbed up for seven days hunger strike to protest the incompetence and cluelessness, to protest presidential impunity and general docility displayed by the masses. We can't continue like this.

"Other competent candidates are there; even Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal, Dankwambo and others. At least one of these [men] will make a good President.

"I don't believe General Buhari deserves another four-year term in Nigeria because the pervasive hunger and poverty in Nigeria is inexplicable. I don't have mental disorder as being insinuated by some people."

When asked how he felt now that he had come down from the mast, Ilyasu said he was full of life and mentally stable.

He said he came down because some lawyers spoke to him while he was on the mast. He was later taken away by security operatives.

Ilyasu climbed a mast with the approval number AB0099 belonging to Airtel Nigeria, located few metres away from the presidential villa and Lungi Army Barracks, on Wednesday.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/13/breaking-man-who-climbed-telecoms-mast-protest-buharis-re-election-bid-descends-after-24

Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by bankyblue(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
Straight to kuje prison
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by faaz24: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
bankyblue:
Straight to kuje prison

The man in him died, he should be friends with 2face.
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by TheTrueSeeker: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
A bold Nigerian spotted....!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
"I don't believe General Buhari deserves another four-year term in Nigeria because the pervasive hunger and poverty in Nigeria is inexplicable.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by lastmessenger: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lol. Comedians everywhere. At least he made news
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by Shehunoshewhat: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
They have sorted him.
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by Kingosytex(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
the mast is too small, i would have been happier had it been he climbed mount. everest to do the protest
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by zlantanfan: 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
Clearly a pdp sponsored person, you political stance gave u away
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by TheTrueSeeker: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
zlantanfan:

Mohamed Bouazizi. was a Tunisian street vendor who set himself on fire on 17 December 2010, which became a catalyst for the Tunisian Revolution and the wider Arab Spring against autocratic regimes.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by madridguy(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
You can be Nigeria's Mohamed Bouazizi

TheTrueSeeker:

Mohamed Bouazizi. was a Tunisian street vendor who set himself on fire on 17 December 2010, which became a catalyst for the Tunisian Revolution and the wider Arab Spring against autocratic regimes.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
from the way he speaks, one can tell that that's a job interview on his part. the guy wants a job
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by zlantanfan: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
TheTrueSeeker:

i am not against the motive but when it isn't genuine but a sponsored act because a particular party is not in power.

The issues he raised at first was real but he was too dumb to follow script. These problems would continue until their is a sincere commitment to not the (so far no my party approach)
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by Sharpshooota: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
zlantanfan:

You don't need to belong to any political party to experience the Hunger in the land....

Buhari is an epitome of failure and bad governance

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by zlantanfan: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
Sharpshooota:

You don't need to belong to any political party to experience the Hunger in the land....

Buhari is an epitome of failure and bad governance
yes, but these problems have been a Nigeria failure holistically.

Their is no sincerity in finding solution, as long as its a particular party we cool with it, and fight to change the government while the issues are only politized
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by Ekez(m): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
"I don't beleive general buhari deserve another four year term in nigeria because of perversive hunger and poverty in nigeria is inexplicable"
Oga zombies and almajiri will diagree with you.
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by TheTrueSeeker: 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
madridguy:
You can be Nigeria's Mohamed Bouazizi

I will gladly if Buhari agrees to be dictator Zine El Abidine Ben Ali
How about that?
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by yomi96(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
siri
Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by Firmjudge(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2018
Na wa o!

Re: BREAKING: Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Buhari's Re-election Descends After 24 by Sharpshooota: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
zlantanfan:
yes, but these problems have been a Nigeria failure holistically.

Their is no sincerity in finding solution, as long as its a particular party we cool with it, and fight to change the government while the issues are only politized

The last administration failed woefully

The present administration is worse

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Documents That Exposed Adeleke's Fake O'level Results (photos) / 2019: David Mark Can Unite Nigeria – Jonathan / Congratulations To The Lone Senatorial 2019 Candidate Of Oyo North District.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.