Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here (5503 Views)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / ** / Tokunbo Cars In Cotonou Car Market Is Advantageous Compared To Nigeria,buy Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by bawomolo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2010
VALIDATOR:

@Tudor,
Thank you for your contributions.
Talking about overage cars. I think the law should be reviewed. A normal non-fraudulent Nigerian with a normal non-political job will NOT be able to save enough money to buy a car less than 10years old with 15 years of hard work.
That law seems to favor only the politicians who get lots of Ghana must go every now and then.
There is no local car manufacturers that that law is trying to protect.

I am not supporting smuggling but if the law is against the happiness of normal-Nigerians what else can they do?
I believe that law needs reviewing.

what about emission control? It's about time Nigeria has an effective public transportation system.
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by Fhemmmy: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2010
There are lots of things that could be done in Nigeria to make almost any kinda car be affordable to the people.
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by tigerpaws(f): 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
chelseabmw:

is this thread still open? angry

Yes
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by Hychineson(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2010
Whatever dis is all about,I wanna transact business with Femmy2010 and I hope he's nt going to fail me. @ Duduconsultt plz send me d prize of Cotonou used Tiger head bullet to my mail:hychineson@yahoo.co.uk
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by chelseabmw(m): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2010
tigerpaws:

Yes

ok oh.what's up with this scammer guy called promise?what really happened?
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by VALIDATOR: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2010
bawomolo:

what about emission control? It's about time Nigeria has an effective public transportation system.
Such law will work only when the government first do their part. Same reason why there is so much noise and air pollution due to electric generators in households and factories.
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by chelseabmw(m): 6:28am On Jul 12, 2010
fanscon:

Post your free classified ads at ING

fly out of here scammer
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by frankcj(m): 7:15am On Jul 12, 2010
@                                                                                          busy body,                                                                       thanks very much i knowlege. literary,406 pegeout,toyota avensis. if mail me @ jfrankben@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by chelseabmw(m): 4:34am On Jul 14, 2010
^^^^^^^^

fu, ck off
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by ausch: 2:00am On Aug 08, 2010
missed this thread while it was hot but i cant resist the desire to comment on the issue of overaged cars,

first not all overaged cars have bad engines and consequently are not guilty of air pollution ,some newer cars have bad engines and do contribute to air pollution

second , for the policy to be fair it means no car above ten years should be on nigerian roads whether bought new or not,e.g a car bought new in 2000 should automatically be scrapped in 2010.

if the problem is air pollution then at the point of registration the mva should decide not to register a car with a bad engine.

there is no sensible reason why cars above ten years should not be imported if they are in good condition,since there is no auto industry to protect in Nigeria,in any case most of the new cars are imported ,not even the govt that dreamt up this policy is prepared to patronize PAN

the effect of the policy has been to give to Cotonou the funds that should have come to Lagos.
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by Busybody2(f): 5:17am On Aug 09, 2010
Tudór:

Why did you fail to read my post??
Where have i stated that cotonu deals ONLY involve overage cars? Could you please just provide me the quote?

I said MAJORITY of the cars bought from cotonu are overage. Majority doesnt equal ALL pls.

In all the cotonu threads i've seen, you see them giving quotes to customers for overage cars. Even some of the preorder dudes offer to preorder overage vehicles and ship through cotonu.

So can you tell me how the so-called dealers get these illegal car imports into nigeria since you must have heard it all? Through magic?

And where did i state this too? That was obviously a typo, was meant to say "not only overaged cars come in via cotonue smmuggling" to respond to the way you unfairly linked your "majority of overaged cars" are smuggled in because it is illegal, to highlight that underaged/nearly new cars get smuggled in too, and this is just because they are trying to evade paying duty. Smuggling is not only limited to older cars.

And the duty being paid is not bribe, it is legitimate and once this duty has been paid, the car is no longer illegal on Nigerian soil undecided
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by LondonCool(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2011
[size=16pt]Update coming soon[/size]
Re: UK/US Nairalanders Beware Of These Cotonou Car Agents Here by kaymoney2(m): 2:00am On Jan 19, 2011
LondonCool:

[size=16pt]Update coming soon[/size]

[size=15pt]We dey wait make I hear the last tory before them sweet talk me into cotonou[/size] grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2008 Model Lexus Gs350 Toks Fully Loaded Good Deal / 1998 Mitsubishi Galant, Clean For Just 600k / 2000 Model Toyota Corolla Forsale/tincan cleared.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.