Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,337 members, 7,954,382 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA (41656 Views)

Edirin Okoloko Is A Top Superior Court Judge In United States / Justice Mary Odili's Daughter, Njideka Sworn In As Judge Of Federal High Court / Bolaji Agoro Dies Awaiting Confirmation As Judge In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by revontuli(f): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
You guys are being proud about this, but people like him leaving does Nigeria no good in the long term.

This is a tragedy for Nigeria. Imagine you had someone like this guy for president instead of Buhari!
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by goslowgoslow(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
madridsta007:

How does recognising ones identity— Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, etc— equate to tribalism?

Do you actually understand the meaning of tribalism?

Should one deny his/her identity to please obviously insecure people?
Go and sit down, I am a proud Nigerian I don't practise tribalism, you are obviously the insecure person here. The post says "a Nigerian" so why not celebrate the man as a Nigerian instead of attaching tribe to it? Do you even know if I am also from the same place with him? I don't blame you anyway this is Nairaland, one of the platforms that promotes ethnic divisions in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by micah04: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
Is this success dedicated to Nigeria or the igbos?
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
Donald95:
This Greatness attached to us is the more reason why Ndị obi ọjọ refused to let us go and wax prosperously.

Igbo proverb says "Anaghị achọ íshí ehi achọ na ite" everywhere we are, our great works must differentiate us for good, Abeg clap for ụmụ Igbo. Igbo ga adiriri. isee

That's an Urhobo man, you pig

6 Likes

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Deltatoto: 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
goldcoinhub:
A United state governor, Jay Inslee governor of Washington state, has appointed a Nigerian man Edirin Okoloko, as judge as the Snohomish County Superior Court.

“Edirin has a clear dedication to the legal profession and a successful history of bringing justice to some of our state’s most vulnerable crime victims,” Inslee said.

“He will be an excellent addition to the bench in Snohomish County.”

Okoloko will replace Judge George Bowden who is retiring.

Okoloko, who bagged his Bachelor of Law from the University of Benin in Nigeria and received his law degree from the Seattle University School of Law, has worked for the past 13 years in the Snohomish County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, where he is a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney working on homicide, sexual assault, child abuse, and elder abuse cases.

He has also worked in the office’s violent crime, property crime, and District Court units, and he represents the office on the Snohomish County Multiple Agency Response Team which investigates incidents of suspected excessive force by police officers.

Okoloko has successfully prosecuted four murder trials and has been recognised by his office for completing a high volume of jury trials.

Before working as a prosecutor, Okoloko served as a judicial law clerk for former Snohomish County Superior Court Judge Michael Downes.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-edirin-okoloko-appointed-as-judge-in-washington-us/

it can only be delta

3 Likes

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Realhommie(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
Innobee99:
Which Amaka be diz?

Edo or Igbo Amaka?
Delta state, an Urhobo precisely..

4 Likes

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by xandy84: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
Washington state is different from Washington DC.

chiagozien:
Congrats my brother,
he is a very hardworking man and is one of ipob coordinator In washington dc.

Nigerians hate us but God love us.

Igbo amaka.
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by candyguyofficia(m): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ekez:
Giant stride,
Our people keep prospering abroad than at home,
WHY?
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by madridsta007(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
goslowgoslow:

Go and sit down, I am a proud Nigerian I don't practise tribalism, you are obviously the insecure person here. The post says "a Nigerian" so why not celebrate the man as a Nigerian instead of attaching tribe to it? Do you even know if I am also from the same place with him? I don't blame you anyway this is Nairaland, one of the platforms that promotes ethnic divisions in Nigeria.

Young man,

Tribalism, a localised form of racism is when one places, exalts, etc, a certain tribe, ethnicity or group above the others in a manner this is unjust and illegal.

Identifying that Mr A or Miss B or Mrs B comes from a certain tribe is NOT tribalism. As long as that identification is factual, there is no illegality in it.

He/she can be identified as Yoruba or Nigerian; Igbo or Nigerian; Hausa or Nigeria; these two are both right.

If you do not understand the definitions, get some learning now.

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Blessedman3056: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Innobee99:
Which Amaka be diz?
URHOBO AMAKA

Edo or Igbo Amaka?
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by goslowgoslow(m): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
madridsta007:

Young man,

Tribalism, a localised form of racism is when one places, exalts, etc, a certain tribe, ethnicity or group above the others in a manner this is unjust and illegal.

Identifying that Mr A or Miss B or Mrs B comes from a certain tribe is NOT tribalism. As long as that identification is factual, there is no illegality in it.

He/she can be identified as Yoruba or Nigerian; Igbo or Nigerian; Hausa or Nigeria; these two are both right.

If you do not understand the definitions, get some learning now.
Thanks, you can colour it to whatever you like, I know all of you on this platform, we all know the intent of mentioning tribe on this platform when ever an issue comes up. So Mr Teacher don't teach me nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
If he was in Nigeria all these unrepentant nepotistic bigoted tribalist will never allow him rise to such a lofty position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Chizzyferd(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
Guys please show me some love by subscribing to my YouTube channel to watch the latest movies https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf97uxenD0L8jicoh_N5HfA
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by madridsta007(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2018
goslowgoslow:

Thanks you can colour it to whatever you like, I know all of you on this platform. Mr teacher don't teach me nonsense.

Get some learning and don’t reduce yourself like the “average” Nigerian. Correctly identifying ones identity is not tribalism. It is just identification. Simple English.

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Wisebisho: 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
No matter our crime rate in any country, our contribution to the greatness of that country is always higher. Remove Nigerians living in a country and you will notice the poor and slow development of that country... Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Temptee101(m): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
lonelydora:

Delta
Delta Igbo...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by goslowgoslow(m): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
madridsta007:

Get some learning and don’t reduce yourself like the “average” Nigerian. Correctly identifying ones identity is not tribalism. It is just identification. Simple English.
Thank you sir, I have spoken and I am done with you.
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by DavidEsq(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Let me do this for once and stop hereafter: Urhobo wado!!!!! Urhobo wado!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by madridsta007(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
goslowgoslow:

Thank you sir, I have spoken and I am done with you.

I am done explaining simple English terms to you to.

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by costandi(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
Innobee99:
Which Amaka be diz?

Edo or Igbo Amaka?
Lol at least it isn't the Amaka that disappointed 2Baba
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by muriunited(m): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2018
The man is my uncle, you people are suffering yours self the give him to ibo, is not only ibo from Nigeria nown, Igala amaka.
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by hopexter(m): 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2018
Innobee99:
Which Amaka be diz?

Edo or Igbo Amaka?

Na Urhobo Okafor
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by DIMIZZY1: 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
So na to dey drag tribe AMAKA be d new thing for dis forum eeh... *In former first lady's voice* Ok God will see us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by mrkings84(m): 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is commendable. If it were in Nigeria Buhari wont allow this. in as much as u re not from daura buhari wont appoint u.

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by vaca1: 11:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ekez:
Giant stride,
Our people keep prospering abroad than at home,
WHY?
You prosper where you have sanity

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Kahujadekadura: 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
Donald95:
This Greatness attached to us is the more reason why Ndị obi ọjọ refused to let us go and wax prosperously.

Igbo proverb says "Anaghị achọ íshí ehi achọ na ite" everywhere we are, our great works must differentiate us for good, Abeg clap for ụmụ Igbo. Igbo ga adiriri. isee
Naso my brother
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by ovieigho(m): 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
nwakibie3:
IGBO AMAKA JARE grin grin
No be only igbo amaka ..
U will see igbo Ngozi...

Na proper urhobo man

1 Like

Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by lukuluku101(m): 11:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Can we call him Judge Washington? grin
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Burgerlomo: 12:32am On Sep 14, 2018
Congratulations my nigga cool
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Dollabiz: 1:10am On Sep 14, 2018
hmm
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Masterclass32: 2:31am On Sep 14, 2018
Judge amaka!
Re: Edirin Okoloko Appointed As Judge In Washington, USA by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 14, 2018
Aldebaran:
Nigeria Amaka grin

Mbanu.
IGBO Amaka.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing / APC Begins Campaign For Ize-Iyamu In Edo (Photos) / Meet The 6 Landlords Of Nigerian Politics (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.