Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Your Computer Keeps Freezing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Your Computer Keeps Freezing (898 Views)

My Computer Keeps Freezing? / Here's Why Your PC Keeps Freezing / 5 Reasons Why You Must Backup Your Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Computer Keeps Freezing by kenn411: 11:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
Why your computer keeps freezing:
Why does my computer keeps freezing? A friend asked me this question last week and after answering him, i decided to do a keyword research to see if there was any need to write about this. To my surprise, i discovered a lot of people (about 100K to 1M) have being asking questions about computer freezes and why computer freezes so, here we are: Why does my computer keep freezing?

In most cases this issue is encountered when opening a particular program or when giving the computer a particular command. Here are some of the common reasons why your computer keeps freezing:

1. Software Issues: A software consists of the sets of instructions that enables the computer to perform certain functions/tasks. Most of these software are updated at regular intervals so as to enable the computer work better with more functionalities. Outdated software such as drivers, operating systems, anti-virus etc. can effect the performance of the computer such as making it to freeze.

2. Virus Infection: If your computer is infected with a malicious program or virus, this can affect the performance of your computer as well as cause problems such as freezing the computer.

3. Running Too Many Programs: Running a program tends to take some computer resources (such as RAM space, processor speed etc.). But running too many programs at the same time, will take too many/much/more of the computer’s resources. For a computer with less/small resources, running too many programs will affect its performance such as causing it to freeze even when its processing a request.

4. Hardware Issues: Hardware are the physical parts of the computer system i.e. those parts we can see, touch and feel. These parts include the components of the system unit (such as RAM, sound card, network card etc.) and the peripherals (such as mouse, keyboard, printers etc.) and if these parts are not plugged or installed properly, can result to malfunctions such as computer freezing.

... www.computerhang.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Your Computer Keeps Freezing by kenn411: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
What to do if your computer freezes:

When your computer freezes, DON’T PANIC, do the following:
1. Relax and wait for a few minutes (at least 3 minutes) to be sure your computer is not processing your request slowly.
2. Check and ensure your keyboard is working properly by pressing the Caps Lock key and monitoring the indicator/light/LED that it comes on and off. If the keyboard is working properly, go to step 3 else, do a forceful shut down by holding down the power button for like 8 to 10 seconds.
3. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the task manager and end all task or restart the computer.

... www.computerhang.com
(Computer Hang offers free online PC support, how-to tutorials, free hardware news and reviews to our subscribers or visitors to enable them determine/select the most suitable gadget(s) to buy.)
Re: Why Your Computer Keeps Freezing by oliverpowell: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2018
I have read one informative blog on computer slowing down prevention tips ( https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/great-tips-prevent-computer-slowing/ ). I really like the points shared in this blog and would love to recommend this blog if you are looking for fixes to speed up your slow system.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Imported USA Used, Brand New Laptops Here FULL THREAD / UK Used Toshiba Satellite / SOLD!!! SOLD!!! HP Probook 6570b Core I5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.