Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard (2173 Views)

Electronic Tattoo: Bill Gates Predicts Technology That Will Replace Smart Phones / Top 5 Free App That Can Turn Your Android Tablet To Electronic Book / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by pimper24: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2018
Adverts of all sort now play on my phone screen every minute. Even if I'm trying to press the buttons , a sudden Pop up of Advert will make me press it and off it goes to the website.
It's so annoying and wastes a whole lot of my time each time I'm using the phone. All sort of adverts down to noodles and ladies undies run on my screen.
I don't really know which app I downloads that got me here. I have been trying to deactivate whatever thing is the cause but still no clue
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by 9tailskid: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2018
pimper24:
Adverts of all sort now play on my phone screen every minute. Even if I'm trying to press the buttons , a sudden Pop up of Advert will make my press it and off it goes to the website.
It's so annoying and wastes a whole lot of my time each time I'm using the phone. All sort of adverts don to noodles and ladies undies run on my screen.
I don't really know which app I downloads that got me here. I have been trying to deactivate whatever thing is the cause but still no clue

Check ur last install...that might be the cause
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by austinereds(m): 9:07am On Sep 14, 2018
LMAO. the way you described it. use your phone market people products now.
check your last installed app. if it continues just back up and do Factory Reset.

3 Likes

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by Sankabson(m): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2018
My wife is having the same problem with her samsung note 5. i just got the phone for her. I've deleted almost all the app on the phone. the advert keeps coming. What could be the cause of this ??

1 Like

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by DrXavierCage(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2018
Turn off background data.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by sayhi2certified(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2018
It's a monkey test virus and you can't remove it even if you uninstall the app.. Best method is to download stubborn Trojan remover, reset security app and malwarebyte to scan your phone to remove all of it..... Alternatively you can flash the phone with new stock rom...

3 Likes

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by Abbey2sam(m): 10:37am On Sep 14, 2018
pimper24:
Adverts of all sort now play on my phone screen every minute. Even if I'm trying to press the buttons , a sudden Pop up of Advert will make my press it and off it goes to the website.
It's so annoying and wastes a whole lot of my time each time I'm using the phone. All sort of adverts don to noodles and ladies undies run on my screen.

Sankabson:
My wife is having the same problem with her samsung note 5. i just got the phone for her. I've deleted almost all the app on the phone. the advert keeps coming. What could be the cause of this ??

Even if you uninstall the application it might not stop popping up, best bet, look for a new firmware, or look for a competent phone engineer to flash a new ROM for you

1 Like

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by pimper24: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2018
austinereds:
LMAO. the way you described it. use your phone market people products now.
check your last installed app. if it continues just back up and do Factory Reset.
I'm not a phone-phone type that installs this and that. I don't share my phone either. Can't remember anything I downloaded.
Can the mod help us share this so experts could bail us out of this pls.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by czarina(f): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
Factory reset will do nothing. I think it's Google trying to force these paid Ads on us.

Been trying to block mine to no avail. Silly and random apps are installed when I mistakenly click on the pop-ups.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by ORIJIN201(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
czarina:
Factory reset will do nothing. I think it's Google trying to force these paid Ads on us.

Been trying to block mine to no avail. Silly and random apps are installed when I mistakenly click on the pop-ups.
it's not Google. If you use free apps, expect this.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by czarina(f): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2018
ORIJIN201:
it's not Google. If you use free apps, expect this.
Which kind of free apps? Are all apps not free?
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by myself13: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2018
android phones that doesn't come with google play preinstalled in them seem to have better security at blocking unwanted random ads.

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by ORIJIN201(m): 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
czarina:
Which kind of free apps? Are all apps not free?
apps with an option of premium package. You trade off getting premium apps with getting apps with ads. The developer makes money per ads you click. If you get the premium apps then you have no ads to always greet you on your screen.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by newdawn2017(f): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
picture of d electronic billboard phone or andobilivit!
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by ItzBIM(m): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
That’s why i remain team iPhone or nothing for life.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by Ejadike(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Might be the app you installed last... Had this problem with my TECNO Spark2 but I had to flash it.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
my own problem is automatic download of opera and sporty bet.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by czarina(f): 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
YoungBlackRico:
same here o. They just pop the whole thing everywhere and even when I uninstall it's still the same story.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by SUPERPACK: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
czarina:
same here o. They just pop the whole thing everywhere and even when I uninstall it's still the same story.
if u are using infinix, tecno or any chinese phone, check your app list and delete an app there titled "NOTIFICATION" and it will stop.
YoungBlackRico:
czarina:
if u are using infinix, tecno or any chinese phone, check your app list and delete an app there titled "NOTIFICATION" and it will stop.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
czarina:

It has nothing to do with Google. U have installed something, probably from outside play store. Flash a new rom is the only best solution. Also be wary of apps like opera mini and uc browser.

1 Like

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by czarina(f): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
SUPERPACK:
if u are using infinix, tecno or any chinese phone, check your app list and delete an app there titled "NOTIFICATION" and it will stop.if u are using infinix, tecno or any chinese phone, check your app list and delete an app there titled "NOTIFICATION" and it will stop.
yeah... I'm using one of the above. ;DWill try out your suggestion. Thanks
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by czarina(f): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
SUPERPACK:
if u are using infinix, tecno or any chinese phone, check your app list and delete an app there titled "NOTIFICATION" and it will stop.if u are using infinix, tecno or any chinese phone, check your app list and delete an app there titled "NOTIFICATION" and it will stop.
yeah... I'm using one of the above. grin Will try out your suggestion. Thanks
greenhulk:

It has nothing to do with Google. U have installed something, probably from outside play store. Flash a new rom is the only best solution. Also be wary of apps like opera mini and uc browser.
noted
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by nonny400(m): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
pimper24:
Adverts of all sort now play on my phone screen every minute. Even if I'm trying to press the buttons , a sudden Pop up of Advert will make me press it and off it goes to the website.
It's so annoying and wastes a whole lot of my time each time I'm using the phone. All sort of adverts down to noodles and ladies undies run on my screen.

Reload the rom. I can do that for you if you're in Lagos. Check my signature.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by nonny400(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
czarina:

What phone are you using?
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by pimper24: 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
newdawn2017:
picture of d electronic billboard phone or andobilivit!

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
SUPERPACK:
its not on my app list bro
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro few days back all my browsers keep opening ads in Chrome till i disabled it
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by Connoisseur(m): 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
Before you factory reset the phone or other solutions, you need to find out the culprit app. To achieve this, check your data usage on Settings. You will find a list of all the apps and services making use of your internet connection, you will know the culprit by the amount of data it uses.
Apps like Babel fonts can only be disabled not uninstalled. You can also install Avast mobile security to clean up your device and uninstall malicious apps.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
YoungBlackRico:
Bro few days back all my browsers keep opening ads in Chrome till i disabled it

That's because chrome is ur default browser. So once an ad requires to open a link with webpage it launches chrome. I've been using chrome for many yrs, such has never happened. Ur phone has been infected, it has nothing to do with Google.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by czarina(f): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
nonny400:

What phone are you using?
Tecno, resolved!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung S4 For Quick Sale @15k(sold) / Help On Opera 4.2 Multi Server / Help! My Asphalt 8 Shows Black Screen After Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.