Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard (2171 Views)

Electronic Tattoo: Bill Gates Predicts Technology That Will Replace Smart Phones / Top 5 Free App That Can Turn Your Android Tablet To Electronic Book / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by seunfly: 5:31am On Sep 15, 2018
[quote author=pimper24 post=71204935][/quote] tecno pushed Hios update some months ago, the culprit is hidden in the update. Go to your apps management, deletes all hios stuff and notification stuff. They also disguise some with other names.
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by Ezkid(m): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2018
sayhi2certified:
It's a monkey test virus and you can't remove it even if you uninstall the app.. Best method is to download stubborn Trojan remover, reset security app and malwarebyte to scan your phone to remove all of it..... Alternatively you can flash the phone with new stock rom...
English Please!
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by thowbie7ven(m): 8:08am On Sep 15, 2018
pimper24:
Adverts of all sort now play on my phone screen every minute. Even if I'm trying to press the buttons , a sudden Pop up of Advert will make me press it and off it goes to the website.
It's so annoying and wastes a whole lot of my time each time I'm using the phone. All sort of adverts down to noodles and ladies undies run on my screen.
I don't really know which app I downloads that got me here. I have been trying to deactivate whatever thing is the cause but still no clue
Download Eset antivirus from Google Play store and run a deep scan on your phone it's gonna detect the cause for you...Just try it and you'll be glad you did
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
greenhulk:

That's because chrome is ur default browser. So once an ad requires to open a link with webpage it launches chrome. I've been using chrome for many yrs, such has never happened. Ur phone has been infected, it has nothing to do with Google.
see that's the problem, uc is my default browser even before I disabled chrome. Thanks anyway
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by bigtt76(f): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ha! won ti get eh grin grin grin
Re: My Phone Turned To Electronic Billboard by sayhi2certified(m): 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ezkid:
English Please!

I use English now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help - My Budget 100k - I Need The Best Phone / Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 / For Sale: Poco X3 Pro 150k, Tecno Phantom X 200k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.