Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity (3442 Views)

Imo’s Uzodinma Breaks From Southern Governors On Anti-Open Grazing / Photos From Southern Governors' Meeting In Lagos / Victor Edoror: Malami Instructed IGP, DG DSS To Provide Us With Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2018
horsepower101:
This is my sentiments. Ndigbo should stay away from that nonsense. I can’t wait for my generation to take over leadership because I believe we are much wiser and bolder than so many so called elders.

Most of them are blind and timid.

Good job OP.
Igbos are more delusional than any group that i can think of in nigeria and this behavior is not limited to our leaders alone. Go aroung Nairaland, you'll see that anybody that mentions SS and SE in the same sentence are 99% of the time likely to be an Igbo person and not someone from SS.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by horsepower101: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

Igbos are more delusional than any group that i can think of in nigeria and this behavior is not limited to our leaders alone. Go aroung Nairaland, you'll see that anybody that mentions SS and SE in the same sentence are 99% of the time likely to be an Igbo person and not someone from SS.

Igbo parents didn’t teach most of their children to hate south south minorities but the opposite is true for south south children. So many of them were taught by their parents to hate igbos.

That’s why sometimes you see them write long articles about how they thought that igbos were bad people growing up but later realized that it’s not true. I have read different stories of south south people in my generation saying those things.

Our parents taught us to see them as our family. Their parent taught them to hate igbos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2018
horsepower101:

Igbo parents didn’t teach most of their children to hate south south minorities but the opposite is true for south south children. So many of them were taught by their parents to hate igbos.

That’s why sometimes you see them write long articles about how they thought that igbos were bad people growing up but later realized that it’s not true. I have read different stories of south south people in my generation saying those things.

Our parents taught us to see them as our family. Their parent taught them to hate igbos.
In real life, i have seen more SS people yab nonsense about Igbo people than Hausa nd Yoruba people. It now makes me think who the enemies of Igbos actually are? I think they may be closer to home than we think.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by horsepower101: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

In real life, i have seen more SS people yab nonsense about Igbo people than Hausa nd Yoruba people. It now makes me think who the enemies of Igbos actually are? I think they may be closer to hom than we think.

I don’t want them in the new Biafra. Simple.

Let them fight for their own future separately as we are fighting for ours.

I don’t hate them but I don’t like them either. I am just indifferent about them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2018
horsepower101:

I don’t want them in the new Biafra. Simple.

Let them fight for their own future separately as we are fighting for ours.

I don’t hate them but I don’t like them either. I am just indifferent about them.
Whether in Biafra or in Nigeria, we shouldn't include them in our plans. They're a hateful bunch and would always fight for their interest above ours, so why can't we reciprocate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by IbrahimDamola: 11:42am On Sep 14, 2018
As a yoruba muslim, we are not southerners, we want yorubaland to join the north and be called northerner.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Shukuakukobambi: 11:48am On Sep 14, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
As a yoruba muslim, we are not southerners, we want yorubaland to join the north and be called northerner.

This one is now a hopeless case. On a thread where your more intelligent brothers are discussing real issues, you still bring out your insecurities. Keep felating yourself on Yoruba matters while your destiny is being eroded. You go hawk gala tire
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by pazienza(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

In real life, i have seen more SS people yab nonsense about Igbo people than Hausa nd Yoruba people. It now makes me think who the enemies of Igbos actually are? I think they may be closer to home than we think.

Same experience here.

There is really a need for the re orientation of the mindset of the average Igbo youth.

I have come to understand that our parents did a poor job at orientating us about our neighbors.
The Igbo youth perception of these groups are delusional and out of touch with reality. IPOB represents this disconnection from reality the most.

A paradigm shift is needed. The social media is offering those of us with better grasp at these issues a chance to spread the message.
But we need better platforms. We need direct control of the political proceedings of SE, from where we can social engineer the mindset of every single Igbo man into being more pragmatic at understanding the true nature of the relationship between Ndiigbo and the rest of Nigeria.
This in my opinion is the real catalyst needed to tip the balance of this emancipation struggle in our favour.

Yes, the SS/SE mantra is the greatest fraud ever invented, and anyone who continue to hold such delusional belief, is either naive or an enemy of Igbo cause.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
pazienza:

Same experience here.

There is really a need for the re orientation of the mindset of the average Igbo youth.

I have come to understand that our parents did a poor job at orientatating about our neighbors.
The Igbo youth perception of these groups are delusional and out of touch with reality. IPOB represents this disconnection from reality the most.

A paradigm shift is needed. The social media is offering those of us with better grasp at these issues a chance to spread the message.
But we need better platforms. We need direct control of the political proceedings of SE, from where we can social engineer the mindset of every single Igbo man into being more pragmatic at understanding the true nature of the relationship between Ndiigbo and the rest of Nigeria.
This in my opinion is the real catalyst needed to tip the balance of this emancipation struggle in our favour.

Yes, the SS/SE mantra is the greatest fraud ever invented, and anyone who continue to hold such delusional belief, is either naive or an enemy of Igbo cause.
Gbam. You have said it all. What we need is to educate our people not to hate but to be aware of people who hate them. Anytime i come across a SS person, they always have something negative to say about Igbos. I think we need to reorientate ourselves. We are better of even aligning with the north and get a piece of the pie than align with people who you think are brothers, only to sell you out when the opportunity presents itself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Andhominem: 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

This one is now a hopeless case. On a thread where your more intelligent brothers are discussing real issues, you still bring out your insecurities. Keep felating yourself on Yoruba matters while your destiny is being eroded. You go hawk gala tire

@bolded grin grin grin
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Andhominem: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

Gbam. You have said it all. What we need is to educate our people not to hate but to be aware of people who hate them. Anytime i come across a SS person, they always have something negative to say about Igbos. I think we need to reorientate ourselves. We are better of even aligning with the north and get a piece of the pie than align with people who you think are brothers, only to sell you out when the opportunity presents itself.

@bolded is no longer guaranteed.
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Shukuakukobambi: 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
Andhominem:

@bolded grin grin grin

Don't mind that simpleton. He doesn't know when person dey joke or when to be serious. Imagine what he came up with on this thread?

Nigeria is a transactional set-up and who knows how to trade it the most gets anything. We don learn since 1993 and 2011 and until we all get serious about renegotiating the basis for this Unity, Every man for himself and his awusa or afonja or nyamiri as the case may be

2 Likes

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by MarijuanaLORD: 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

Especially those ikwerre people. always feeling inferior. Funny thing be say i do see them as igbos or our distant cousin before
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Ojiofor: 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
godox2:

Do you think that in 2015, election Buhari and APC were not Marginalized votewise?How will you be comfortable eating from the same political pot of soup you refused deliberately to contribute?
SE puts all their eggs in one basket in 2015, this cause the present day marginalization. Let them try and correct their mistake, especially now that PDP is looking for VP from SS or SW, what a shame. Infact SS has moved on already by spreading their party affilliation, but SE, its only PDP or Never!SORRY!

This your blackmail of putting all eggs in one basket is silly.Out of 5 SE states 1 state is controlled by APC another by APGA and 3 PDP and yet all their eggs are in one basket.You that scattered your eggs in multiple basket has that given you stable electricity and improved your life in anyway more than others.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by slivertongue: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
Southern unity has always being a fraud &fake like arab unity
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by godox2(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ojiofor:

This your blackmail of putting all eggs in one basket is silly.Out of 5 SE states 1 state is controlled by APC another by APGA and 3 PDP and yet all their eggs are in one basket.You that scattered your eggs in multiple basket has that given you stable electricity and improved your life in anyway more than others.

Did you check their presidential election results?I clearly remember that the target was No 20% For Buhari in any of the SE states Only Rochas who tried to favour APC.
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Ojiofor: 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
godox2:

Did you check their presidential election results?I clearly remember that the target was No 20% For Buhari in any of the SE states Only Rochas who tried to favour APC.

And so what?
Must everybody vote for Buhari even when you know he will not deliver?

1 Like

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Banmeallday: 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
The OP cant be trusted. He gave himself away by stating the relationship between the SE/SS which if he really were from either region he would have known they have been more united today than since 1967.

Don’t fall for propaganda again. Igbo/Ibibio/EFik, Ogoni, even Idoma and Igala, are Biafran people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc9FcblLO1s

FACTS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Banmeallday:
The OP cant be trusted. He gave himself away by stating the relationship between the SE/SS which if he really were from either region he would have known they have been more united today than since 1967.

Don’t fall for propaganda again. Igbo/Ibibio/EFik, Ogoni, even Idoma and Igala, are Biafran people.

Chances are , you're IGBO.

1 Like

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Banmeallday: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

Chances are , you're IGBO.

Chances are you aren’t a CRITICAL THINKER
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Bede2u(m): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
godox2:

Do you think that in 2015, election Buhari and APC were not Marginalized votewise?How will you be comfortable eating from the same political pot of soup you refused deliberately to contribute?
SE puts all their eggs in one basket in 2015, this cause the present day marginalization. Let them try and correct their mistake, especially now that PDP is looking for VP from SS or SW, what a shame. Infact SS has moved on already by spreading their party affilliation, but SE, its only PDP or Never!SORRY!
5 out of 6 states in ss are pdp...only 3 out 5 states in se are pdp.

Pdp came 3rd in last anambra election...but then again u wouldnt know all these cos ur tribe has been hard wired to hate igbos even without reason.

1 Like

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Bede2u(m): 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
godox2:

did any ss state give buhari up to 20%? But somehow u claimed the ss has moved on

But that the se has not moved on. Do u think u might be a bigot??
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Skengman: 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
Afam4eva:

Obviously your parents didn’t not inundate you with some things about the history of these regions and why the SS hate your guts
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by Daewang: 1:40am On Sep 15, 2018
This is what I'm saying we should adopt Igbo first policy like what Trump is doing in U.S.
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by freeze001(f): 2:34am On Sep 15, 2018
godox2:

When people like you say things like these I wonder what exactly you want from the SE. There is one APC state in d SE same as the SS. Both regions also have Senators and House of Reps members from the APC and PDP. Orji Uzor Kalu and other former governors from the SE have long decamped to the APC. Note that in the recent decamping saga,no Igbo senators or reps left d APC to the PDP. The fact that there are Igbos in the Cabinet apart from the Constitutional requirement shows that they are APC members too.

So why do u now claim that in the SE it's PDP or nothing? What more do you want? Must all Eastern states become wholly APC before people like you will apply some wisdom and will that not still be the supposed problem of putting all eggs in one basket? Even d North is not that way so what is it really?

As we aspire to be like other developed countries is this the kind of poisonous politics they play where People can no longer have equal representation and guaranteed rights as citizens unless they align with the ruling party? Where is the place of ideology and the right to choose? Make una dey support nonsense because e favour una now o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by BabaRamota1980: 2:44am On Sep 15, 2018
Afam4eva:
There's no point belaboring on the fact that there's noo such thing as Southern Unity as it seems each component unit that makes up the south are fighting for their interest and don't care about anyone else. it seems to me that it's only the South-East/Igbo leaders are are always hell bent on attaching themselves to an inexistent southern unity. The only time the southern leaders actually speak with one voice is only if a situation affects either the SS or SW.

It's no news that Buhari is an irredeemable irredentist as succintly put by Donald Duke. So, what he did by passing over Seiyefa for the position it's not news to people who don't have their heads buried inside Buhari's exterior. My only problem is, would the southern leaders have spoken had it been an Igbo person that was passed over? I don't think so.

I think it's high time for Igbo leaders to wisen up and unbuckle themselves from a phantom Southern solidarity which is just a ploy to unite forces against a northern leader only when it affects anybody but the Igbos. Even more dubious is the romance between the SS and SE. The south-south has never supported the South-east in any capacity but always wanting support from the east when their man (Jonathan) is being oppressed or when they're been cheated out of a position.

Ndigbo, wise up and be counted.

Oh wow! Yanminri, in your mind you have made a monumental contribution.

We told you in 450bc, repeated the same shyyyte to your ear in 220bc, in the year that locust swarm blotted out the sky and for two days the temperature was very cold because sun light could not get through...i think this happened in 15bc cause i was just 20yr old then when Nebbuchadnezar was crowned....we told you this same crap you regurgitated today in 2018. Whats wrong with you? There is nothing called Southern Unity! angry
Re: DG DSS: South-east Leaders Should Stay Away From Southern Unity by freeze001(f): 2:50am On Sep 15, 2018
seunmsg:
It is good politics at this point in time to emotionally call Buhari an irredeemable irredentist. If we want to be realistic however, we can see that Buhari did exactly what all other presidents had done when it comes to appointing the DG of DSS.

We should be concerned as Nigerians for our country and not for a section since presidents from all sections have done same. The question we should be asking now is why our presidents, past and present are never comfortable with having the head of the intelligence agency from a region other than theirs? Historically, president/head of states that have left their personal security in the hands of operatives from sections other than theirs have paid huge price for that decision.

Personally, i think it is time we do something about the mutual suspicion and mistrust that has been existing among us since the first coup if we are to progress as a nation. Sadly however, threads like this will only further divide us instead of forging the much needed unity.

It is not specifically about the DSS per se but the entire Nigerian security structure. You and I know that there would be next to no outrage if other agencies like say d Air Force, Immigration, Customs and maybe NIA are headed by Southerners and that d big 3 (Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba)are well represented in these appointments.

The reason there's this level of anger is that it so happened that an opening came up in the DSS and rather than appear to placate d South, he quickly removes the Southern Acting DG and replaces him with yet another Northerner. Same would be the case if it was the COAS or NSA that was removed and a Southerner or Southerners who are next in line are again bypassed to bring in another Northerner.

I hope you can see the point. Understand also that security is the collective responsibility of all regions and this style of his reinforces the abhorrent belief that he is in power primarily to promote the Northern agenda at the expense of the South that lays the proverbial golden egg.

Now Adeosun resigns and rather than appoint someone from her state or at least from the West or as a last resort, from the South, he appoints another Northerner. If people complain, they will be labelled Igbos always wailing because the affected persons ate still chopping comfortably and are not expected to talk while eating. Has Buhari done the right thing though? If he had even done a cabinet reshuffle and moved ministers around that would've been a different case.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Why Buhari May Still Win / Open Letter To Governor Ambode A. Of Lagos State. / Ize Iyamu Should Arrest Oshiomole And Seek For Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.