Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East (3112 Views)

Biafra: Sit-at-home Is Dead, Buried – Nnamdi Kanu / New Electricity Tariffs Effective In July - Minister / IPOB: Why We Attacked Ike Ekweremadu In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by chigoizie7(m): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2018
The truth is very clear. In south east. People survive on their own. They don't benefit anything from the government (FG), from good roads, to jobs, no major infrastructures ,no electricity and so much more. Everything done in south east is determined by two group of people. The commercial bus drivers and the traders. Once these two go on strike, the whole of south east will be on shut down .

Everyone here is on their own. Govt can't sanction anyone.

In as much as many people as sticking to this sit at home for what it is , some other people are adhering to it by force, courtesy of Nigeria lawless security operatives.

Just imagine if no market is open for businesses in Anambra and then no commercial bus drivers on the road, automatically, all banks will not work, as there is no one to attend to, even though their ATM channels are open. Then for other civil servants, no one can go to work because they can't do so trekking if there are no means of transportation.

Even those that want to travel outside the state, still can't do that as there are no vehicles to convey them.

The government has no influence on businessmen and women. U can't penalise them for not opening for business. Same as commercial bus drivers, u can't force any of them to work against their wishes.

That's what happens when the govt doesn't do anything for the masses, they grow thick skin to survive without the government presence in their lives.

There are so many people willing to go out today, but can't because they can't trek ,so they just stay back at home.

2ndly, from the past, the people of south east has seen how lawless the security operatives are, as such, everyone is taking measures to avoid being caught up in the crossfire of their lawlessness. Otherwise those that has private vehicles would still go about their normal businesses today.

Bad governance made this sit at home a success.

Ike nkwucha aburo ujo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by niceprof: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2018
Spot on,especially with crop of liver less and unidirectional stooges we have as Governors and politicians in the south east currently.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by chiagozien(m): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
That same reasons is why we must get biafra no matter what it takes.

All always think of what to do for biafra and not what biafra will do for me.

We must continue.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by benben1000: 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Mod front page pls.... the thread will be high traffic!
Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2018
chigoizie7:
The truth is very clear. In south east. People survive on their own. They don't benefit anything from the government (FG), from good roads, to jobs, no major infrastructures ,no electricity and so much more. Everything done in south east is determined by two group of people. The commercial bus drivers and the traders. Once these two go on strike, the whole of south east will be on shut down .

In as much as many people as sticking to this sit at home for what it is , some other people are adhering to it by force, courtesy of Nigeria lawless security operatives.

Just imagine if no market is open for businesses in Anambra and then no commercial bus drivers on the road, automatically, all banks will not work, as there is no one to attend to, even though their ATM channels are open. Then for other civil servants, no one can go to work because they can't do so trekking if there are no means of transportation.

Even those that want to travel outside the state, still can't do that as there are no vehicles to convey them.

The government has no influence on businessmen and women. U can't penalise them for not opening for business. Same as commercial bus drivers, u can't force any of them to work against their wishes.

That's what happens when the govt doesn't do anything for the masses, they grow thick skin to survive without the government presence in their lives.

There are so many people willing to go out today, but can't because they can't trek ,so they just stay back at home.

2ndly, from the past, the people of south east has seen how lawless the security operatives are, as such, everyone is taking measures to avoid being caught up in the crossfire of their lawlessness. Otherwise those that has private vehicles would still go about their normal businesses today.

Ike nkwucha aburo ujo.

What do Igbo's intend to achieve with this sit at home? I tot the Igbo's are clamoring for the State of Biafra, how do they intend to achieve Biafra with this sit at home?

I need Answers.

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by chigoizie7(m): 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

What do Igbo's intend to achieve with this sit at home? I tot the Igbo's are clamoring for the State of Biafra, how do they intend to achieve Biafra with this sit at home?

I need Answers.

well, that is what I don't know,

for whatever the reasons are, the truth is that it is a huge success.

some people don't like it, some do love it.

have I answered u?

5 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by mrbaba18(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
Biafra we stand give me biafra or give me death

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by gidgiddy: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

I need Answers.

The sit at home is for 2 reasons. To remember those killed in operation Python dance last year and to show that majority support IPOB and Biafra.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by aniomafirstson: 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

I need Answers.

Wetin concern you?

4 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Wetin concern you?

Did ur people observe the sit-at-home
Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by aniomafirstson: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Did ur people observe the sit-at-home

Wetin concern you too juliusmalema

Anyway, yes we did

Ogbogologo modern market
Asaba

3 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Wetin concern you?

Answer my question or swerve.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
gidgiddy:

The sit at home is for 2 reasons. To remember those killed in operation Python dance last year and to show that majority support IPOB and Biafra.

How will this bring Biafra, abi una no want Biafra again?

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
chigoizie7:

well, that is what I don't know,

for whatever the reasons are, the truth is that it is a huge success.

some people don't like it, some do love it.

have I answered u?

The Bolded answered my question. If you as an Igbo man, do not know what you tend to achieve with this sit at home. It is easy to conclude that, this sit at home is pointless and aimless with no justification.

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by chigoizie7(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

The Bolded answered my question. If you as an Igbo man, do not know what you tend to achieve with this sit at home. It is easy to conclude that, this sit at home is pointless and aimless with no justification.

Na u know.

Whatever the reason is, for the IPOB that demands it, it was achieved.

Don't u think that a non relevant body like IPOB ( in FG language) could enforce a sit at home order. Which the FG could not overturn, that FG influence is 2nd to zero in the lives of Igbo.

When ur papa tell u say make u sit down for hoouse, at the same time ur friend talk say make una leave house, and then u followed ur friend, does that not tell u that ur father is not relevant to ur life?

Use ur tongue count ur teeth

5 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by potterdon: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

shut up u idiotic swine of buhari grin always making noise on every thread.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by gidgiddy: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

The sit at home is not about getting Biafra, it is about uniting the people, which is even more important than getting Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Roger3D(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
chigoizie7:

Ike nkwucha aburo ujo.
This is an arrant lie, you all say this when you want to garner the sympathy of other Nigerians for your Biafra but it never works because we are not stupid and we know the truth.
Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Roger3D(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

I need Answers.
Let them stay at home till kingdom comes if they like, as long as they dont bring their madness on to the streets. There is no law in this country that stops anyone from refusing to come out of his house
Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Wetin concern you too juliusmalema

Anyway, yes we did

Ogbogologo modern market
Asaba

So okpanam is now in asaba.

When will u guys stop deceiving they, that want to be deceived?
Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2018
Roger3D:
This is an arrant lie, you all say this when you want to garner the sympathy of other Nigerians for your Biafra but it never works because we are not stupid and we know the truth.

Nobody can tell for now.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
Roger3D:
Let them stay at home till kingdom comes if they like, as long as they dont bring their madness on to the streets. There is no law in this country that stops anyone from refusing to come out of his house

It's better this way, now that we know they have no Balls to do shi.t. All their online chest beating must stop.

Me and them, no be mates. I detest COWARDICE.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by chigoizie7(m): 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
Roger3D:

Wat is a lie?

U can prove me wrong.

Let's use Lagos for example.

Lagos has so many sectors running it.

From traders to corporate entities, to govt establishment to independent transporters to govt owned BRT.

has there been any public holiday in Nigeria that Lagos is not busy? I don't think so, doubt me? Tell any group in Naija to enforce something like sit at home in Lagos, it will never work, ( be it, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa groups). It can't happen, why? At least there is an atom of governance in Lagos at least from the state government, if independent transporters refuse to work, govt owned transportation will still work. Unlike here in south east. Where the independent transportation determines who goes out, when and how.

If u don't know how powerful the transportation industry is in this nation or anywhere round the world, let there be a serious diesel, petrol scarcity in Naija for just 1week and see this nation on its knee.

In south east, government both state and federal, has no influence on anyone except the govt workers which can't function without transportation.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by aniomafirstson: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
Juliusmalema:

So okpanam is now in asaba.
When will u guys stop deceiving they, that want to be deceived?
Ewu Gambia
anioma is anioma
whether asaba or okpanam all join
Na still anioma

4 Likes

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by EternalTruths: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Ewu Gambia
anioma is anioma
whether asaba or okpanam all join
Na still anioma

So you believe that guy is Igbo.?

That guy na typical demonic Afonja
Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
gidgiddy:

The sit at home is not about getting Biafra, it is about uniting the people, which is even more important than getting Biafra.

In other words, you have lost hope in Biafra and You see it as a pipe dream.

Thanks for the sincerity in your comment.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
potterdon:
shut up u idiotic swine of buhari grin always making noise on every thread.

Buhari no get pigs. It was your fellow Igbo's that your late Dilector, referred to as Pigs. grin grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Chibuzoc(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

I need Answers.

You can't understand because your brain has been used to mix fura de nunu
Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by gidgiddy: 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Almaiga:

In other words, you have lost hope in Biafra and You see it as a pipe dream.

Thanks for the sincerity in your comment.

Biafra does not exist yet. Nigeria that exists is such a disaster that not only has everybody lost hope in it, hope has long died in it.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by chigoizie7(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
So many people still don't know why I created the thread.

1. Some people are observing the sit at home for whatever reason it is for them. No doubt. (Majorly the traders and commercial bus drivers).

2. Some other people who doesn't want to sit at home are doing the sitting by fire by force (there are so many other tribes who are not Igbo living in south east, but were unable to go out, because they can't see means of transportation ).

3. Some other people like bankers and other small businesses that are not located in major markets are also forced to stay at home, because even if they open stores, no one will patronise them, ( the traders, transporters and those deprived the means of transportation) happens to be their major customers.

4. The last group are those who has their own cars or other means of transportation, but can't go out because of how lawless the NIGERIAN security agencies are. Made them to sit at home, to avoid being caught up in their lawlessness and illegal harassment.

All those points are the reasons why this sit at home is a huge success.

I don't care what it serves, but for whatever group that pronounced it and for whatever reason they have for that. It was successful.

That is the reason for the thread.

NB. If the Naija security outfits where mute about this very day, maybe some people would have gone out and not sit at home, but the fear of Naija army, police navy and its lawlessness is the beginning of wisdom.

We have witnessed so many sit at homes in the past, how innocent people died because they didn't want to sit at home, some where stray bullets.

Till today, I don't know what Naija police want to achieve by deploying its personnel to the streets where no single being is found.

1 Like

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by Almaiga: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
chigoizie7:

Na u know.

Whatever the reason is, for the IPOB that demands it, it was achieved.

Don't u think that a non relevant body like IPOB ( in FG language) could enforce a sit at home order. Which the FG could not overturn, that FG influence is 2nd to zero in the lives of Igbo.

When ur papa tell u say make u sit down for hoouse, at the same time ur friend talk say make una leave house, and then u followed ur friend, does that not tell u that ur father is not relevant to ur life?

Use ur tongue count ur teeth

From the bolded, Are you trying to say Igbo's can not enjoy freedom of Association as guaranteed by Nigerian Constitution? This means, there will be no human rights in Biafra if it finally come to pass, in another life time.

Igbo's claim to be one of the Educated tribes in Nigeria yet, some bunch of illiterates will deny you your right to movement and association. This is terrible.

Re: IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East by DoTheNeedful: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
chigoizie7:

Ike nkwucha aburo ujo.

They observed it mainly because of the fear of harassment by IPOB members and not being labelled as traitors. It's simple! IPOB will announce "sit at home" but their members won't sit at home. They would be moving about to check who observe and who didn't.

Why are others living outside Igboland not observing it? Is there no poverty or lack of government presence in other places also?

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Democracy Is Fraudulent, Benefits Only Christians - MURIC / Kebbi State Established 370,000 Metric Tonne Lolo Rice Mill(Photos) / Tony Kabaka Arrested And Released After Undertaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.