|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,119,790 members, 4,590,851 topics. Date: Monday, 19 November 2018 at 08:47 PM
Marilyn Effanga: I Had Sex With Emmanuel Adooh Egerebu - Covenant University Stu / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)
|Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by grandiose4ever: 12:35pm On Sep 14|
The Adooh and Marilyn case has revealed some of the absurd rule system that goes on in Covenant. I hereby use this opportunity to also call for the recall of Marilyn Effanga from expulsion but let anyone in Covenant uni that is without sin be the first to cast stones. she had sex but didn't commit it in school. I'm not sure what penalty she was given but considering CU and her antecedents i would wager it was expulsion.
Covenant university with an average NUC accreditation score of 90.48% is by far the best Nigerian university academically speaking. It is also one of three Nigerian universities founded before 2010 that has never lost an NUC accreditation before. The others being AUN, PAU . It also has the highest rate of investment on education according to NUC and the highest research output/size - Elsevier
However some very choking rules exist in Covenant University that NUC has a matter of urgency must clamp on. Why? CU serves as a model to private universities and if all religious schools adopt the CU model we would have a dangerous situation on our hand in the next few years.
Note: These rules/experiences do not apply to Covenant university Post Graduates. CU is unarguably the best place to run PG studies. But be very certain if you are going for BSc.
1) All students/lecturers irrespective of religious affiliations must go to church. Punishment for chapel default ranges from suspension to expulsion. It is unclear if there are punitive measures for lecturers.
b) Not bringing bible to church is also sanctionable.
2) No student is allowed to use SIM enabled devices(Phones)
3) Islamic holidays are disregarded - Usually almost all Christian schools in Nigeria acknowledge islamic holidays and allow their community to rest or even travel to felicitate with their loved. But CU folks are denied this priviledge enacted and backed by both the constutution and presidential order.
4) Christian holidays are disregarded - Easter comes and CU will force everyone to attend youth alive by winners chapel. Folks are prevented from going home. Punishment for violation is suspension to expulsion.
5) Exeat Required To Exit Campus: Students are required to make detailed application to student affairs before granted right to leave campus. At certain times people have been denied exeat for weddings of siblings, visiting sick parents etc.
6) A War Against Traditional Wears And Songs:
The student handbook doesn't prevent this but there has been an halt in student being allowed to wear traditionals. Traditional songs in church have also come under attack.
7) No Peaceful Protest Allowed - Punishment ranges from suspension to expulsion.
Sexual Activities Outside Campus Are Sanctioned.
9) The University handbook permits the university the right to invade your privacy
and search your belongings or devices for incriminating materials such as Porn or past sexual escapades.
10) Secular songs, "ungodly music", are banned in Covenant, Parties are also banned with the exception of picnics which is often monitored by
1, 3,4,5,7,8,9 are potentially in violation of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria
POPULAR SCANDALS IN COVENANT
1) Virginity and HIV test conducted by university - Vice Chancellor, Prof. Obayan was summoned by Education Minister and the practice was discontinued.
2) Students suspended for not bringing bible to Church. It's unclear how the case ended.
3) 200 students expelled for not attending a certain departure service where the chancellor was angry. Halls were searched subsequently at about 10:00PM in the night, students in a bid to escape the search team started jumping from one window to the other on the fourth floor! Expulsion letters were dished out to students caught at about 4 - 6AM in the morning. The expulsion verdict was in breach of the prescribed punishment stated on the handbook and was lacking of any hearing stated in the handbook. NUC later intervened and the explusion was reduced to letter of warnings.
4) Students were once expelled for making noise during a football match. Apparently the chancellor warned them repeatedly after which they were expelled for not listening... I don't know if an appeal was accepted.
5) Rumour Alert: A student was once suspended for using two straws to drink coca cola - it is unclear whether this is true or not. But it was a popular rumour in CU.
6) Muyiwa Oludayo, current registrar once led a team to cut student trousers on the streets that were not compliant. While i cannot independently verify this one. CU students have a reputation for wearing trousers that do not reach the ankle which has been an issue between management and student.
7) Dean, Student Affairs, Timothy Anake a clearly disturbed individual led a team to cut the hair of hundreds of boys for misbehaving in faith tabernacle.
1) Rules are relaxed for international students #Hypocrisy Some are allowed to have long hairs, other males are allowed to keep jelled hair. An American accent can keep away SDC in CU
2) Results are sent to parents with or without student permission - i don't really have a problem with this really.
3) Student council members are imposed by the school.
THE CORE PROBLEM OF COVENANT UNIVERSITY
The problem of Covenant University is the Seven core values which is absent of LOVE. Love, Mercy and Forgiveness are values alien to Covenant university. When you remove love and mercy then christianity is unrecognizable. Covenant university can become the world's best university if it wants but if it continues to abandon the important tenet of love then it has no value.
COVENANT UNIVERSITY A POTENTIAL DANGER TO CHRISTIANITY!
Covenant university: A time ago i witnessed two 500 level boys of CU blasting the idea of Christianity and making tremendous arguments against God. Most serious christians around that place just flee because those guys were dangerously intelligent. It made me sad that most Christians there were running away rather than engaging them. I did engage them though.
Now the interesting thing is the boys appeared to have become Atheists on CU campus. Secondly a friend told me before leaving for a university in Canada that all the services he has been forced to attend is enough to last his entire lifetime therefore he won't go to church again.
Now CU failed because we didn't focus on the right message. CU teaches you well when it comes to conquering the world, daring the impossible, making exploits. But messages on love, mercy, grace, charity(also important) were not propagated as radically as it should have, therefore we created a campus of spiritual but loveless beings.
COVENANT THE ANNOINTED!
Covenant is an highly annointed university, despite her shortcomings. I knew that clearly because the Holy Spirit led me to that school. My initial plan was to attend a prominent Christian school in the US, but God wanted me in CU. I am forever proud of that heritage, in that though i struggled it gave me the opportunity to encounter Christ.
The reassignment of Pastor Victor Oluwadamilare to CU marked the period of an intense move of the Holy Spirit. It was so intense that people who would rather hide under the bed than go to church would come to church with enthusiasm. Drug addicts and Porn addicts in their numbers would come and repent on the alter in brokenness. Some boys would complain bitterly that their lovers were no longer agreeing to have sex because they had gone with the move on campus. That was revival inspired by fire not by control. Infact Victor gave people the choice to come and came they did.
IT IS TIME FOR CU TO BECOME BETTER AND RISE ABOVE PETTY RELIGIOSITY AND BECOME AN AMMUNITION FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
79 Likes 15 Shares
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by solutionmi: 12:42pm On Sep 14|
ehh advanced secondary school for the Aje butter children
43 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by solutionmi: 12:48pm On Sep 14|
like if u hate the laws share if u love them..
145 Likes 16 Shares
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by grandiose4ever: 12:52pm On Sep 14|
solutionmi:Calling CU a secondary school is trivialising the abnormalcy going on. CU is more of a religious concentration camp.
There are many universities like this in Indonesia and Saudi, but i don't think Nigeria or Christianity needs this. My secondary school would never expel a person for sex committed outside school.
Universities like CU existed in USA/Canada but the govt, courts forced them and is still forcing them to accept reasonable level of secularism.
Mind you there are many Islamic universities in Nigeria hiding under the cover unpopularity to implement CU like policy.
But i know the heavy media bombardment at CU would cause it to change at some point. They no longer release statements because they know their activities are indefensible.....
43 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by InansBobo(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14|
I think the University is an avenue for us to see life and explore what this life has but the Way this covenant is doing like a boarding secondary school makes me to picture the kind of life their graduates would live in this large world, everything is not all about book na, socialise small
18 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Uyi168(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14|
What's university life without se.x?
15 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by christejames(m): 1:39pm On Sep 14|
Tagging it an advanced secondary school is an insult to must public secondary schools. With all these rules, Covenant University is nothing but a breeding ground for Christian zealots...
Why would any educational institution that is suppose to fight for the protection of the culture of a people still penalize those people for trying to display their way of life and foisting some foreign and alien cultures on those people. Oh! Africa!
41 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by frbona: 2:26pm On Sep 14|
grandiose4ever:you think this laws are abhorrent? Go to Madonna and the rules you'll hear would make your ears tingle
24 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by daveP(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14|
Any rules that cannot be Universally accepted, applicable, or viable
The barbing the middle of students' hair was the one that made me lose total regard for what CU stood for. That's like Ussr concentration camp rules!!!!!
Besides its in total violation of the Nigerian Constitution and fundamental human rights.
These rules, if we want to close eyes, can only happen in the school premises. So outside the school wetin kon consign SDC with your whatsapp chat history and all that? seriously?
Before they come out and start claiming only Christians fight Christians, they should first stop any act that makes the gospel of peace to be smeared with hate and disdain.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Mr2wealth: 2:43pm On Sep 14|
It is not by force to attend private universities. Especially Convent University. If you don't like or can't keep their laws, rules or regulations, stay away. We have enough federal and state universities for those that cannot afford to go to these private "unis"
70 Likes 8 Shares
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by tgmservice: 3:39pm On Sep 14|
Uyi168:i did not have sex throughout my varsity days
23 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by mrMeen(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14|
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by dingbang(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14|
mehn, their students who dont like their rules should tell their parents to withdraw withdraw them, simple.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14|
CU did not choose them from their parents house. You choose them in Jamb, get their screening form,pay their acceptance fee, and other charges or fees.
That's their rules, Nairaland has does have it rules also.
26 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by dingbang(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14|
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by kirkwood: 3:40pm On Sep 14|
Did anybody force you to go to Covenant University?
There are public universities far better than Covenant University
16 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Andhominem: 3:41pm On Sep 14|
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by D1official: 3:42pm On Sep 14|
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by sevo(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14|
Poki master...wehdone sir
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Jaqenhghar: 3:43pm On Sep 14|
As if it will stop anything.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by BlessedRayman: 3:43pm On Sep 14|
If you don't like the rules then withdraw your studentship.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Legolast: 3:44pm On Sep 14|
All these above rules are just trash.
Rule 2 and one kind rule that you must not shout while watching football sound somehow. If I can't shout while watching football, then why am I watching it?
Àbí werey làwọn eléyìí ni? Shouting gives you morah during soccer match.
The school is not meant for me sha. My family can't sell all our family lands because of one pikin.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by PROPHETmichael: 3:45pm On Sep 14|
If you don't like it, don't go there.
It's as simple as that.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by otunde527: 3:46pm On Sep 14|
Na them sabi
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Man2utd: 3:47pm On Sep 14|
If you knew the rules before accepting the admission then there is no point, you had a choice.
14 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by updatechange(m): 3:47pm On Sep 14|
Eleyi gidi gan
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Proffdada: 3:48pm On Sep 14|
This is more like a cultist University
Christianity is a way of life not bondage
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by TheHeadBoy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 14|
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by mu2sa2: 3:48pm On Sep 14|
Covenant university is a concentration camp run by fanatics. Imagine asking a female visitor, not even a student, to remove her headscarf at the entrance gate, because the woman looked like a muslim! - this happened at Landmark university, the other concentration camp of oyedepo and his worshippers. If Jesus were to materialize today why would he not close down these blasphemous camps for good.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by SpoiltVirgin: 3:50pm On Sep 14|
grandiose4ever:student are not forced to attend youth alive at faith tabernacle, the youth alive is organized by the chaplain and its done in the school. Get your facts right.
|Re: Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed by Kingzd: 3:50pm On Sep 14|
Looking in 3D
Caritas uni once expelled some students cos they claimed the guys were wasting water.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196