Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse (856 Views)

The Time Is Short. Roman Catholic Members Have No Excuse. / No Excuse For The Christian / Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by yommyuk: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2010
No Excuse

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not really slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
It is manifestly clear that true gospel repentance is God’s ordained way of escape from eternal ruin — Therefore, God’s longsuffering is willing that not any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God’s longsuffering is also for a proving ground of our repentance — whether it be genuine or not.
Our Lord and Saviour also spoke of His second coming in this manner.
Matthew 24:44-46
You must be ready at all time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected. A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feed them. If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward.
Matthew 24:48-51
But what if the servant is evil and thinks, ‘My master won’t be back in a while’, and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? The master will return unannounced and unexpected, and he will cut the servant to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

This same message is replicated in 2 Peter 3:10-13
But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve Judgement. Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.
Matthew 24:27-31
For as lightning flashes in the east and shines in the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Just as the gathering of the vultures shows there is a carcass nearby, so these signs indicate that the end is near. Immediately after the anguish of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will give no light, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then at last, the sign that the Son of Man is coming will appear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the people of the earth. And they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with the mighty blast of a trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from all over the world-from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.

2 Peters 3:14-15
And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight. And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him.

The nature of God’s longsuffering is to call all sinners into repentance in order to establish Roman 1:20 “For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities- his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.”

Romans 2:4-5
Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin? But because you are stubborn and refuse to turn from your sin, you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself. For a day of anger is coming, when God’s righteous judgement will be revealed.

THE SCRIPTURES VERY CLEARLY TEACH A TWOFOLD WILL OF GOD!!!
Deut 29:29
The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for that entire he has revealed to us, so that[b] we may obey all the terms of these instructions.[/b]

ARE YOU READY? IF NOT, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR.
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Tudor6(f): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2010
If god wants us to repent sooo bad, why cant he appear to the whole world at once and tell us himself? Who would doubt such a divine appearance of god himself? Afterall he was publicly addressing the jews in the bible, not so?
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Jenwitemi(m): 6:20am On Jul 05, 2010
He changed. He suddenly became public shy. grin
Tudór:

If god wants us to repent sooo bad, why cant he appear to the whole world at once and tell us himself? Who would doubt such a divine appearance of god himself? Afterall he was publicly addressing the jews in the bible, not so?
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by lomaxx: 4:05am On Jul 08, 2010
Tudór:

*looks at insult and sighs longggggg*
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by dolu2007(m): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2010
@Tudor-
Its good you use a small letter g, that means another thing. No comment with that.

God wants us to repent for our benefit- that we may leave in Eternity with him(Which is through Jesus Christ alone) Believe that and be saved, reject that? Too bad!
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Tudor6(f): 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^
Why would anyone want to live for eternity?
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by lomaxx: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2010
Tudór:

^^

Eternity isn't so much about the straight line that never ends. It is all the space around the line.
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by yommyuk: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2010
@Tudor

Prov 10:23
Doing wrong is fun for a fool, but living wisely brings pleasure to the sensible

Prov 10:27
Fear of the Lord lengthens one's life, but the years of the wicked are cut short

Prov 10:13
Wise words come from the lips of people with understanding, but those lacking sense will be beaten with a rod.

PEACE BRO cool
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Tudor6(f): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2010
yommyuk:

@Tudor

Prov 10:23
Doing wrong is fun for a fool, but living wisely brings pleasure to the sensible

Prov 10:27
Fear of the Lord lengthens one's life, but the years of the wicked are cut short

Prov 10:13
Wise words come from the lips of people with understanding, but those lacking sense will be beaten with a rod.

PEACE BRO cool
How does this relate to my posts on this thread? Are you human or some kind of bot??
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by yommyuk: 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2010
@ Tudor

Is the above question of yours a genuine one or are u just been sarcastic?
I am aware that 99% of your postings prior to the one on this thread shows that you have no regard for the Xtian faith or God  Almighty.

I noticed your post 04/07/2010, the first thing that came to my mind is should I resist the devil by ignoring his  post and see whether the devil will flee. Then the devil's second post showed up on the 10/7/2010.
Then  I remembered that when the devil tempted Jesus, it was 3 times and Jesus confronted the devil by speaking THE WORD against him
Therefore I ve chosen to do it the Jesus Christ way.

So BRING IT ON 'OMO ESU', I will take u on anytime of the day angry shocked
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Tudor6(f): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2010
^^
emm, you might wanna try quoting relevant portions of scripture . . . I'm sure when the mythical jesus was tempted he didnt go quoting off-point or did he?
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Image123(m): 12:13am On Jul 12, 2010
Actually, it's not about wanting to spend eternity. It's about WHERE will you spend eternity. Love it or hate it, eternity is real, and for every soul. Hope yours will be an heavenly eternity though.
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by yommyuk: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2010
Ignorance of the revelation of God’s plans for the world is no excuse to the unbeliever and believers alike.

Leviticus 4:22
If one of Israel’s leaders sins by violating one of the commandments of the Lord his God but does not realise it, he is still guilty. When he becomes aware of his sin, he must bring as his offering a male goat with no defects.

Leviticus 5:14-15
Then the Lord said to Moses, if one of you commits a sin by unintentionally defiling the Lord’s scared property, you must bring a guilt offering to the Lord. The offering must be your own ram with no defects.

COMMENTS
The book of Leviticus enabled ancient Israel to live in relationship with God. How can we relate with the laws governing ancient Israel’s system of worship, with its priest and animal sacrifices? Jesus Christ became our High Priest and ultimate sacrifice, thereby fulfilling many of these requirements once and for all. Offering of rams is no more a must requirement. Yet the book of Leviticus is important to us today because it increases our understanding of God’s holiness. God’s demand to all the human race that he created in his own image still remains the same: “You must be holy because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:16

So therefore, we must live as ‘Children of the Light’. I always feel very sorry of the unbelievers who refuse to acknowledge the existence of the Almighty God. It makes you wonder what is really going on in their inner consciousness.

Ephesians 4:18 -19 states that “ Their mind are full of darkness, they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against him. They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity.
This shows clearly that they know God but are in self denial of his existence by intentionally closing their minds and hardening their hearts against the God whose love is unconditional.

2 Peter 3:5-10
They deliberately forget that God made the heaven by the word of his command, and brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. Then he used water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgement, when the ungodly people will be destroyed. But you must not forget one this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord is not really being slow about his promise as some people think, No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgement.

COMMENT
The above should instil the fear of God in every child of God (both godly and ungodly). The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom. The lord always keeps his promises and is gracious in all that he does. The lord is righteous in everything he does and is filled with kindness.
To the unbeliever this may come across as jumbo jumbo, however 1 Corinthians 2:13-14 has already revealed to us about such people by stating that “When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s word to explain spiritual truths. But people who are not spiritual cannot receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they cannot understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.”

CONCLUSION: TO THE BRETHEN
That is why God’s will for us is to stay Holy. We are to please God in all that we do. Stay strong in what we believe in and be resistant to the wave of unbelief whenever/ wherever it shows its ugly head which is Satan in disguise. And remember 1 Peter 2:11-12 which states: [i]Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbours. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honourable behaviour, and they will give honour to God when he judges the world.[/i]God Bless cool
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by mazaje(m): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2010
Tudor my man you and now the devil, eh. . . . . . . grin grin. . . .The OP said you appeared 3 times on his thread. , LWKMD. . . . .
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2010
mazaje:

Tudor my man [/b]you and now the devil, eh. . . . . . . grin grin. . . .The OP said you appeared 3 times on his thread. , LWKMD. . . . .

Why are u calling tudor ur man? [b]the guy said hes a female
. Whats wrong with all of una sef?
lol grin cool
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by Jenwitemi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2010
Help! I am not ready! Where and how do i get the rapture ticket? tongue
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by jesus3: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Help! I am not ready! Where and how do i get the rapture ticket? tongue

Talk to the author of the thread
Re: Are You Ready? There Will Be No Excuse by jesus3: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
toba:

Why are u calling tudor your man? the guy said hes a female. Whats wrong with all of una sef?
lol grin cool

or the lady said he's a guy
grin shocked cool
lolrmof

(1) (Reply)

Jesus' "Death" = Remission Of Sin? / Is It Sinful For Christains To Criticize Political Leaders / Can An Angel Be Looking For You With Your Blessings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.