Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,145 members, 7,811,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! (15219 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2011
Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity

Some people have a hard time accepting the supernatural life Christ made available for everyone who believes in Him. They find it strange to think and accept that it’s actually possible to live on earth without being sick. Some even buttress their claims with what Paul said in

2 Corinthians 12:7-9:
“…there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

Many have interpreted Paul’s “thorn in the flesh” to be a kind of sickness, and use it as an excuse to say, “If Paul could be sick, then, it’s normal for any Christian to be sick.” However, that’s not what the Bible teaches. “Thorn in the flesh” doesn’t necessarily refer to a problem in the flesh; it’s a figure of speech used to express something that causes pain or discomfort, a troubling or perplexing situation.

If you study Paul’s writing in context, you’ll discover he wasn’t referring to any kind of sickness or infirmity of the body. The 10th verse lets us know he was referring to the batterings he experienced from the persecutions, reproaches, distresses and adversities he faced for the sake of the Gospel. He never for once rejoiced about being sick or excused sickness.

Understand that Jesus came, not just to die for us and save us from sin, or to heal our sick bodies, but also to give us Zoë, the God-kind of life. That life is what you received when you were born again, and it can’t be destroyed by sickness, disease and infirmity. Sadly, many haven’t understood what this life is all about, so they suffer ignorantly with sickness (Hosea 4:6). But as you take a hold of this truth today and live by it, you’ll begin to experience the joy of living in divine health.

Confession
I refuse to be sick because it’s not in my nature. I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus; old things are passed away, and all things have become new. The man that could get sick is dead; the “me” that’s alive today has Zoë – the supernatural life of God that makes me invincible and impregnable to sickness, disease and infirmity.

Further Study
John 1:12-13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 11:37am On Feb 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity

Some people have a hard time accepting the supernatural life Christ made available for everyone who believes in Him. They find it strange to think and accept that it’s actually possible to live on earth without being sick. Some even buttress their claims with what Paul said in

Thats because folks like you who say its possible cannot provide any substantial scriptural evidence. Moreover, it is on record that all the proponents of this false belief have in one way or the other been humbled by God with one ailment or the other at some point in the course of their belief, one of them is your pastor the author of this article; some died in such ailment, I'll give you the list if you want grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2011
You don't need to give lists, I have "Gods generals" video, a powerful documentary. It showcased the merits and demerits. Their successes and failure and shortcomings, but that still doesn't change the word.the church is maturing, knowledge is increasing, there more awarenes now ,and Befroe the rapture, all enemies will be underfoot. Christ is coming for a perfect church. We are getting there.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

You don't need to give lists, I have "Gods generals" video, a powerful documentary. It showcased the merits and demerits. Their successes and failure and shortcomings, but that still doesn't change the word.the church is maturing, knowledge is increasing, there more awarenes now ,and Befroe the rapture, all enemies will be underfoot. Christ is coming for a perfect church. We are getting there.

Good, I'm glad you admit you are not there yet. The perfect church Christ is coming for is not a church perfect in the body as mortality will someday take on immortality; but for a church that has been purged of earthly contamination.
You still did not give me scriptural evidence that supports your pastors false claim that christians cannot be sick
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2011
If you call it "false" it already show a bias and nullifies a pure question for clarification. He talked from a perspective . And it should be addressed from that perspective of discussion. E.g "new creation is a living spirit" the spirit is created in the image of God. It does not fall sick or die. Sickness and pain are transactions of the body. But you can rule over the body by the indwelling spirit etc. I don't really know where you got that from but it must be from that perspective.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2011
@pastor agbaje

Who told you christians are not supposed to fall sick? You WOFers keep misinterpreting the bible.Even the earliery christians were not spared of sickness as eveident in this bible quoteS

2 Timothy 4:20 -

Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum because he was sickl

1Tim 5;23

Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your
frequent illnesses.

Philippians 2:25-27 (King James Version)

25Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

26For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had[b] heard that he had been sick.

27For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2011
A man's failings and experience doesn't change the Word of God. Who's report will you believe?
Can you explain to me the Phrase "by who's stripes ye were healed"
Thanks
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

If you call it "false" it already show a bias and nullifies a pure question for clarification. He talked from a perspective . And it should be addressed from that perspective of discussion. E.g "new creation is a living spirit"  the spirit is created in the image of God. It does not fall sick or die. Sickness and pain are transactions of the body. But you can rule over the body by the indwelling spirit etc. I don't really know where you got that from but it must be from that perspective.

Spirits don't fall sick neither do they die at least not now whether recreated or not. Sickness occurs in the body no matter the grammar you want to use to describe it; transactions, interaction etc. The Christian has blood flowing in his body and just like every other person, 'the life of the flesh is in the blood' Leviticus 17:11, if the blood is infected, it manifests as sickness simple and short; even you Joagbaje cannot escape that unless you will not be honest.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2011
Can you explain to me the Phrase "by who's stripes ye were healed"

The scripture here is talking about spiritual healing.It refers to the salvation of your souls and does not refer to the physical healing of the body.But that does not mean Jesus cannot heal the body if he wan'ts to
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2011
1 Peter 2:20-24 (King James Version)
20For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
21For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24[b]Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed[/b].
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2011
John Osteen, pioneering Word of Faith pastor and father of pastor Joel Osteen:
Osteen's wife Dodie developed breast cancer in the 1980s which later spread to the liver; she underwent traditional treatment and survived.
Osteen himself developed a number of medical problems (including heart disease) and died of a heart attack in 1999 at the age of 73, despite declaring himself healed to his congregation and declaring that God had told him he would be preaching into his 90's
Daisy Washburn Osborn, wife of international faith healer T.L. Osborn, died of lung cancer in 1995 despite declaring to her congregation that she had received a supernatural healing in 1994 after doctors had given her less than a year to live following traditional treatment. Doctors later determined her 1994 "healing" was merely a short-lived remission and a product of the traditional treatment she had received rather than a supernatural healing.
Peggy Capps, wife of Word of Faith teacher Charles Capps, underwent traditional treatment for unspecified cancer and survived.

Joyce Meyer, one of the newest Word of Faith teachers, developed breast cancer in 1989 and was cured through traditional cancer treatment. Meyer even admits in her teaching "Overcoming Adversity" that she chose to undergo traditional treatment rather than stand on the Word of Faith doctrine of claiming her healing.[7]
Oral Roberts, one of the pioneers of faith healing, suffered a heart attack in 1999 and had angioplasty to treat it. He also fractured his hip in 2006 and underwent surgery to repair the break at a California hospital.

Kathryn Kuhlman, groundbreaking faith healer and mentor of Word of Faith superstar pastor Benny Hinn, was diagnosed with an enlarged heart in 1955. Despite numerous faith healing attempts as well as the best medical treatment available at the time, Kuhlman eventually succumbed to heart failure in 1976.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by mabell: 2:35pm On Feb 05, 2011
chukwudi44:

The scripture here is talking about spiritual healing.It refers to the salvation of your souls and does not refer to the physical healing of the body.But that does not mean Jesus cannot heal the body if he wan'ts to

This is one thing you miss out on
Salvation is a total package
When a man receives salvation he is automatically given a free ticket to divine health, job security, prosperity, and the list is on
It is now left for the man to either use his ticket and live the life God has called him to live or he wallows in poverty
Divine health is living a life free of sickness and diseases. Yes, he could have symptom of headache to him being diagnosed with cancer, but if only he can remember the scripture,

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)

He needs to digest it and let it become a part of him.
God has said it, he should believe it and hold unto it
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2011
When a man receives salvation he is automatically given a free ticket to divine health, job security, prosperity, and

Could you please adduce any scriptural backing for this?how came the some of your fellow WOFers eaders did not practice these things when aflicted with illness
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2011
mabell:

Divine health is living a life free of sickness and diseases.

While I await your reply to chukwudi44, kindly provide scriptural backing to the above as well.
Thanks
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by KunleOshob(m): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2011
@sirjohn
You go wait tire!
How you dey?
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2011
KunleOshob:

@sirjohn
You go wait tire!
How you dey?

grin grin, I thinks shes still surfing through wikipedia for an answer

I dey o jare Uncle Kuns cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Zikkyy(m): 7:25pm On Feb 05, 2011
mabell:

It is now left for the man to either use his ticket and live the life God has called him to live or he wallows in poverty

mabell, i'll like to know how to utilise this ticket. Thanks smiley
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by KunleOshob(m): 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2011
@zikky
You can utilize the ticket by regularly pay tithes, giving offerings, partnering and sowing dangerously into CEC plc.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by KunleOshob(m): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2011
^^^
Don't forget offer7 and first fruits as well, for better results you can sow second and third fruits or even demonstrate uncommon faith by borrowing dangerously to sow into the kingdom of oyaks.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Zikkyy(m): 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2011
KunleOshob:

@zikky
You can utilize the ticket by regularly pay tithes, giving offerings, partnering and sowing dangerously into CEC plc.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

KunleOshob:

Don't forget offer7 and first fruits as well, for better results you can sow second and third fruits or even demonstrate uncommon faith by borrowing dangerously to sow into the kingdom of oyaks.

sad sad sad sad

Please mabell, tell me this is not true cry
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by inedi: 9:04pm On Feb 05, 2011
pls i think if you are finding it deficult to understand that you can live a life free of sickness, as mabell and joagbaje have explained, then you should explain what the bible says in romans 8:5-11 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that areafter the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7. Because the carnal mind is enmity agaist God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8. so then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9. But ye are not in the flesh, but inthe spirit, if so be that the spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken( that is make alive) your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2011
I see there is no reply yet to Chukwudi, SirJohn and Zikky! smiley. Well, their daddy also does that - makes claims and when disproved, takes off cheesy

"And Satan left Him for a season" Luke 4:13

All any honest person has to do is remember - the Apostle Paul himself had an affliction IN HIS FLESH.

So, why did Paul himself who wrote most of these things you twist excuse sickness in his own body since you claim dominion over sickness? Did he enjoy affliction? Is that alone not sufficient to show the author of that rubbish above is a liar, a conman and a pretender who doesn't know God but uses scripture like his father satan does - for self serving purposes?

Dumb myopic belief in a daft idiotic article written by a lying criminal author. Sadly, they will soon be back with more lies but 2011 will see them down and out - for keeps angry
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Demainman1: 10:56am On Feb 06, 2011
Na only sickness? Why not death? shocked
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 06, 2011
pls i think if you are finding it deficult to understand that you can live a life free of sickness, as mabell and joagbaje have explained, then you should explain what the bible says in[color=#990000][b] romance[/[/b]color] 8:5-

@inedi

Do you mind telling me where in the bible I can find this book of ROMANCE,am really dying to read it
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 11:46am On Feb 06, 2011
grin

Wicked of you!

The dude reads ROR only. How do you want him to know where Romans is? ROR says Rom 8: 5 & you must admit Romance sounds like Romans so Romance it is.

Plus of course, this is CEC. Romance/associated stuff is never far from them
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by newmi(m): 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2011
SirJohn:

Thats because folks like you who say its possible cannot provide any substantial scriptural evidence. Moreover, it is on record that all the proponents of this false belief have in one way or the other been humbled by God with one ailment or the other at some point in the course of their belief, one of them is your pastor the author of this article; some died in such ailment, I'll give you the list if you want grin

For starters my dear SirJohn God doesn't "humble" His kids with sickness or any other unpleasant experience, the devil simply takes advantage to occassions when we're caught off gaurd.
"When men slept the enemy came and planted weed, "
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by petres007(m): 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2011
Demain_man:

Na only sickness? Why not death? shocked

abi o grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2011
newmi:

For starters my dear SirJohn God doesn't "humble" His kids with sickness or any other unpleasant experience, the devil simply takes advantage to occassions when we're caught off gaurd.
"When men slept the enemy came and planted weed, "

@newmi, there is more than one instance in the bible where God allowed some seemingly unfortunate situations to have its way on his children to remind them of his omnipotence. you're simply spewing out garbage you heard from Chris.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by petres007(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
SirJohn:

@newmi, there is more than one instance in the bible where God allowed some seemingly unfortunate situations to have its way on his children to remind them of his omnipotence. you're simply spewing out garbage you heard from Chris.

dem dey jump am pass. . . by faith grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2011
All those claiming lies just prove they do not know God, His ways or understanding

In God's Own Words -

Isaiah 48:10: "See: I have refined you, but not with silver. I have chosen you in the furnace of affliction." For the mature Christian, UNFORESEEN TRAGEDIES LEAD TO A MORE MEANINGFUL LIFE as he usually finds quiet, understanding and trust when the chips are down.

Hebrews 12:6: "the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son" A Mark of sonship is usually trials. As Abraham's children, we wish for and pray for his blessings, but they came entwined with trials - he was PROVED before he was blessed.

@SirJohn:

what ailment did the "author" suffer?
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by KunleOshob(m): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2011
@nuclearboy
The authur is suffering from kleptomania grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by petres007(m): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

If you study Paul’s writing in context, you’ll discover he wasn’t referring to any kind of sickness or infirmity of the body. The 10th verse lets us know he was referring to the batterings he experienced from the persecutions, reproaches, distresses and adversities he faced for the sake of the Gospel. He never for once rejoiced about being sick or excused sickness.

Understand that Jesus came, not just to die for us and save us from sin, or to heal our sick bodies, but also to give us Zoë, the God-kind of life. That life is what you received when you were born again, and it can’t be destroyed by sickness, disease and infirmity.
Sadly, many haven’t understood what this life is all about, so they suffer ignorantly with sickness (Hosea 4:6). But as you take a hold of this truth today and live by it, you’ll begin to experience the joy of living in divine health.

Confession
I refuse to be sick because it’s not in my nature. I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus; old things are passed away, and all things have become new. The man that could get sick is dead; the “me” that’s alive today has Zoë – [color=#990000]the supernatural life of God that makes me invincible and impregnable to sickness, disease and infirmity.
[/color]

Obviously, Paul didn't have this "supernatural life" you Oyaksians rant about. He did get sick and didn't see it as strange and hence, no need to "make excuses" for it:

12 Brothers, I beseech you, become as I am, because I also have become as you are. You never did me any wrong;

13 on the contrary, you know that although it was [size=14pt]illness[/size] which brought about my preaching the gospel to you at my first visit,

14 and although [size=14pt]my bodily affliction [/size] was a trial to you, you did not scoff at it nor spurn me, but welcomed me like an angel of God, like Christ Jesus himself.

Galatians 4 (MNT)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Prays For Couple Who Welcomed Twins After 25 Years / Speak In Tongues- Pastor Chris / Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.