Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Ferocious (chapter Thirteen) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ferocious (chapter Thirteen) (330 Views)

Ferocious (Chapter 23 - 26) / Ferocious (chapter Two) / Ferocious (chapter One) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ferocious (chapter Thirteen) by Chykwrites(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
Samantha stopped beside the vehicle and frowned as she eyed it.

"Are you gonna get in?", Luke muttered from the driver's seat. "..Or do I drive away and leave behind?"

She shifted her gaze to the boy in the car and Pulled the passenger door open.

She got into the vehicle and slammed the door shut.

"Let me guess", She said. "Your Dad's truck?"

Luke looked at her and gave a shy smile, and then he nodded.

"I knew it", Samantha said with a Smug.

"So what?", Luke said. "You don't think I can own a truck like this?"

Samantha spun to him quickly and he saw a flash of apology on her face. It was like she had unintentionally offended him an she was sorry.

She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. She looked so confused and uncertain.

The serious look on Luke's face began to dissolve into a Mischievous smirk.

Samantha narrowed her eyes when she realised what he had just done.

"Gotcha", The boy said.

"Just Drive", Samantha hissed and then faced forward, crossing her arms on her chest.

Luke chuckled as he twisted the key in the ignition and then they began to move off the drive way.

The entire journey took about fifteen minutes, and for Twelve minutes of that entire time, the two teens didn't say a word to each other.

Samantha had her ear phone plugged to her ear. Something she always did on long journeys, no matter who she was with.

"My Music is better than anything anyone has got to say to me", She always said.

From the corner of her eye, She caught occasional glances from Luke, but chose to ignore them.

"Does he even know I can see him?"

Suddenly, Luke reached out and pulled off the left earpiece of her earphones from her left ear. Samantha tilted to see him smiling at her and held herself from punching him hard.

She hated it when people did that.

"What?", She asked.

"Nothing", He shrugged. "Just felt like Pissing you off".

She gave him an incredulous look and shook her head.

"Unbelievable".

Samantha picked up the earpiece and fixed it back to her ear, but something in her gut told her he was going to repeat the annoying gesture a she prepared herself.

Thirty seconds later, when Samantha felt the earpiece pull out for the second time, she Clenched her right fists, lunged forward in Luke's direction and Rammed it hard between the boy legs.

"Bleep!", Luke Screamed and stiffened at the impact. He almost swerved the truck off the road.

He spun to her, his eyes wide with shock.

"You punched my dick", He shouted, with one hand on the wheel and the other pressed against his groin. "You punched my fucking dick".

"Yes I did", Samantha hissed. "..and I will punch it again if you ever touch my earphones".

She tilted her gaze back to the windscreen and placed the earpiece back in her ear, ignoring the wide eyed Stare coming from the boy beside her.

She tried to hold down her laughter at his reaction to what she had just done.

"Oh my god", She thought to herself. "Did I just punch his Dick?, Ewww".

"Stupid...so stupid".

Minutes later, Luke took a turn off the road and turned to a narrow path in the woods that eventually led them to a wide expanse grasses and pebbles, with the lake visible in the distance.

Samantha surprisingly began to feel nervous when she saw a group of young people not too far away.

"Luke's friends Obviously".

She felt nervous because this was the

"We're here", Luke said, feigning the voice of a little girl.

Samantha turned to him with a frown. "Please tell me you didn't just quote Poltergeist", She scowled.

"I love that movie", He grinned and then opened his door and stepped out.

Luke when to the back of the truck and grabbed a six pack and they both made thier way towards the gathering.

When a red haired girl in a tank top and jean Bum shorts spotted them from the distance, her face lit up with a smile immediately.

"Luke!", She Screamed and then began running towards them.

She didn't stop until she got to them and then threw herself on him for a hug. She hugged Luke like she had not seen him in ages.

"Hey", Luke uttered as she grabbed him. "What's up Courtney?"

She pulled away, cupped his face in her palms and kissed his cheek.

"Okay, it's either she's his girlfriend, ...or she's just high".

Samantha could tell that Luke felt sort of embarrassed that Courtney was doing all these infront of her and that made her comfortable a little.

The girl then turned and faced Samantha and he face lit up again when she gave a light gasp.

Samantha immediately noticed her blue eyes and her freckled face.

"You must be Samantha", The girl said with a giggle.

At the exact moment, Luke quickly left the two girls and moved over to join the group a few yards away.

Samantha was surprised at how Courtney had know her name and how Luke had finally decided to leave when she mentioned her name.

She knew it could only have meant one thing.

"I'm Courtney", The girl said, Putting a Hand on her chest.

"Hi", Samantha gave a shy utterance.

"Come on", Courtney said as she wrapped her arm around Samantha's right arm, and pulled her towards the group.

As they got closer and closer, Samantha felt her stomach begin to tighten. She wasn't sure how to act. Sure, She had just met Courtney, who seemed really great, but she had studied the others in the group, and they looked more attractive than Courtney did.

They had even seen her coming and it looked like they didn't really care.

"Hey guys", Courtney called out as they had gotten to the group. "This is Samantha. She's new in town".

Samantha shot Courtney an incredulous look. She was surprised at how this girl knew so much about her.

The group of teens said nothing for a while. They just kept staring at her. Two boys and a girl.

A particular blonde, shirtless boy took a sip of his canned beer, before stretching his hand out to Samantha for a shake.

"Blake", The boy said.

Samantha took his hand and shook it with a smile.

A taller boy then pushed forward with a smile on his long face. "Ricky", The boy said, stretching out.

Samantha took his hand and shook, but he refused to let go after.

She looked up at his face.

"You are gorgeous" Rick sighed.

"Seriously?", Courtney frowned at him.

"Oh Come on man", Luke and Blake groaned in unison.

The second girl just scoffed.

Samantha felt her cheeks heat up at that Moment. "Thanks?", she uttered.

"Later Samantha", Courtney said and the she turned narrow eyes to Rick. "I'm going for a swim".

"Oh Come on Courtney", Rick moaned as Courtney matched past him and moved towards the lake.

Rick reached for her arm, but she swung it away and from him. "Don't touch me", Courtney hissed as she kept moving and Rick went after her.

Samantha smiled and could immediately tell that Courtney was Rick's girlfriend.

"So", The girl standing infront of Samantha uttered. "You're the city girl, huh?"

Samantha tilted and faced the blonde girl who was already in her blue bikini. She was unsure of how to respond.

She just smiled.

"I hope our town isn't too small, or boring for you", The girl said while eyeing her, and then she walked away.

Samantha's smile slowly faded as she watched her leave.

Luke then walked up and stood beside her.

"Nice girl", Samantha said, with her eyes still on the girl, who was now in Blake's arms.

"I know right", Luke said before a sip of his beer.

He then turned and faced her. "Wanna go swimming?".

"We just got here", Samantha said. "I think I'll sit is out for a while".

Luke dropped his shoulders with a sigh and then shrugged. "Fine", He said.

He flung the empty can of beer away and reached down and pulled his shirt up and over his head.

Samantha glared at his and frowned.

"Oh God", She grimaced. "Dude, Haven't you ever heard of a Gym?"

"Ha..Ha..Ha", Luke uttered as he bent over and put his shirt in his back pack.

He undid his belt and took off his skinny jeans right infront of Samantha, who was feeling very uneasy at that Moment. She was shocked at how comfortable he was at undressing before her.

He bent over and put his jeans in his backpack.

When he noticed her staring at him, he gave her a smirk.

"What?", Samantha said.

"Like what you see?", The boy said as he wiggled his brows.

"Okay", Samantha started. "You're gonna make me throw up right now".

"Oh Come on", Luke chuckled. "I've seen the Male models in New York city on magazines"

"And?".

"They look just like this" Luke said as he started to flex for Samantha.

The girl held back a laugh and just smiled at him.

"No,they don't", She said, then she pointed in Blake's direction where he was standing on a large rock, about to jump into the water. "They look more like that".

Luke spun just in time to see Blake jump into the water, then he spun back to face her with a sigh as he dropped his shoulders.

"Blake wins again", He uttered.

"Ofcourse he does", Samantha chuckled. "Look at him, he's hot".

Luke narrowed his eyes at her and Clenched his Jaw as she laughed at him.

The blonde girl suddenly appeared from nowhere and began pulling on Luke, without even stealing a glance at Samantha.

"Come on", She groaned. "The water is perfect".

Luke glanced over at Samantha at that seemed to annoy the blonde girl, because when he did, She tilted and eyed Samantha.

"Just go", Samantha waved him off.

Then she walked further away from the lake and the pebbled area, towards the woods and the sat near her back pack with her arms hugging her legs.

She watched as Luke and the girl ran towards the lake, arm in arm, until they both got to the big rock and jumped in.

Samantha sat there in the distance, the wind rustling her straight dirty blond hair, she watched the five teens Scream and splash around in excitement.

One thing she noticed was how the blonde girl was all over Luke. There was no doubt in her mind when she saw the both of them.

The girl obviously liked Luke a lot and probably saw Samantha as a competition, which was why she kept Looking at Samantha like a piece of meat.

Hell, for all Samantha knew, they may even be in a relationship, but she didn't care. She didn't even like Luke like that anyway, not like that.

At least, that's what she kept telling herself.

Samantha was so lost in thought, She didn't notice when a creature hop out of the forest not too far behind her and began heading towards her.

"You're not being very nice to her, Brie", Courtney said, sitting on a wooden platform that extends to the top of the lake with her leg dropping into the water.

"Nice to who?", The blonde girl asked.

"Samantha", Courtney uttered, kicking the water with her legs.

"Why should I bother about being nice to her?", Brie said. "I mean, we don't even know her".

"But Luke does", Courtney said.

"..Or you're just jealous 'cause she's prettier than you?", Rick blurted out.

Courtney chuckled as Brie suddenly spun to face Blake with her wet eyes filled with rage.

"Asshole", Brie hissed.

Rick just stuck out his tongue at her in a mocking gesture.

"So", Blake started as he faced Luke who was floating next to him. "What's the deal with this Chick dude? ,She your girlfriend or what?"

"Nah, Luke's gay rememeber?", Rick chuckled.

Everyone laughed except Luke.

"Yeah...really funny Rick...really funny", Luke smiled.

"So?", Blake uttered.

"So what?", Luke frowned.

"Luke, Do you like the girl or not?", Courtney asked.

Luke wished he could just sink into the water and stay down there till they all forgot about the issue. They were his friends, but he was nervous as hell when he saw the way the all stared at him, expecting an answer.

Luke opened his mouth to say something.

Suddenly, Samantha's high pitched Scream cut through the air like a sharp knife.

Her Scream made everyone in the water freeze with shock and wide eyes as it echoed in the distance.

Luke suddenly found himself hurrying out of the water with his heart pounding so hard and loud, He could hear it himself.

He got out of the water, running as fast as he could. He stole a glance behind him and saw Blake and Rick follow him in the same manner, everyone as scared and shocked as he was.

"Samantha!", Luke screamed in a voice he never thought he had.

(1) (Reply)

You Too Can Become A Successful Entrepreneur / The Beauty's In Life / A Beguiling Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.