Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Bad Roads In South-east, An Intentional Act? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bad Roads In South-east, An Intentional Act? (314 Views)

Citizens Of Different Countries Show Bad Roads Where They Live / Lagos Bad Roads: Lists Of Roads Lagos Govt Will Be Working On Immediately / Lady Falls Inside Flooded Gutter Due To Badagry Express Bad Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bad Roads In South-east, An Intentional Act? by chizidgreat(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
Because it is raining now, to travel from Enugu to Portharcourt now takes us twelve hours instead of four and leaves our pockets crying because the drivers have to hike the fare .
The road is bad
Last time, our bus had to turn back on getting to Lokpa because the gridlock was a no go area. We negotiated Ishiagu and finally navigated through Ebonyi state to burst out at Okigwe. Then, on getting to Oyigbo, we slept and woke up several times in the vehicle because of heavy gridlock.
The road is bad.
To add to this bad condition, the train revamped by Goodluck Administration had stopped working. So, the only alternative was either to use flight or the road. And...
The road is bad
Now, the dilapidated state of Enugu/PH expressway has been this way since decades ago that I knew Port Harcourt. Administrations have come and gone and the roads has remained this way . Now, I need to know who is really beating the drums for all these misfortune.
To stretch hand a bit, I've taken time to observe that this issue is not peculiar to Enugu/PH expressway alone. It cuts across almost all the eastern States. The state of Nsukka/ 9th expressway will surely make you cry.
Awka/Onitsha expressway has been taken by herders because it has closed and grasses has started growing on them.We always have to navigate through Umunya/Nteje communities and pay thoroughfare at different bridges before we enter Onitsha.
But I've noticed that from Asaba to Lagos is a different story altogether: the road is good
From Benue to Abuja is express. It rightly bears the name the White man gave it: Express.
It seems this issue of bad road is only peculiar to the East and South.
I'm not saying that other places are totally free but I'm talking about prevalence. I'm not also trying to be tribally sentimental here but I'm only asking a sincere question: What is really the reason for this incurable prevalent horrendous situation? Selfish interests? Mismanagement of state power?/Tribal sentiment?Marginalization?

INTENTIONAL ACT?
What is really going on? Some people I spoke with on this matter had said the roads have been awarded several times but some greedy individuals hijacked it for personal gains. And on asking, are there really such individuals that hijack such monies and cause thousands to die yearly because of bad roads while they buy houses in Dubai and Switzerland? If yes, are we fair to still allow these people to live? I mean, are they not supposed to be rotting in their graves by now?
Is this not why I have been shouting'Flush?'
Yea, Nigerian political system need a total overhauling now. Away with all the old game players that has been playing with our destinies. Flush flush flush
Away with recycling. Away with greedy and wicked people. Away with selfishness.
I heard there is something the old Ghana did to become the new Ghana.
I think it's high time Nigeria asked Ghana a sincere question.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Nigeria From UK with a UK Passport Valid For Less Than 6 Months / N500m Goods Burnt In Live Cable, Trailer’s Collision In Kebbi / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.