Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Fraudulent Extortion Of Medical Graduates By Delta State University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraudulent Extortion Of Medical Graduates By Delta State University (289 Views)

Retaining First Class Graduates By Universities / Success Adegor Video: Headmistress Suspended By Delta Government / JAMB Cautions Cyber Café Operators Against Extortion Of Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fraudulent Extortion Of Medical Graduates By Delta State University by osesthedon: 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
DELSU AND DELTA STATE GOVERNMENT IN COMPLETE CONNIVANCE TO EXTORT NEWLY GRADUATED DOCTORS,THROUGH FRAUDULENT AND ILLEGAL FEE COLLECTION

Evil becomes the norm, when Good men see bad things/actions and condone or even encourage it.i have been silent for quite some time now, observing how my Alma Mata, Delta state University, keeps detoriating and falling short of standard in all facets of human development. The latest is the flagrant disregard for justice and and rule of law guiding #schoolfeepayments, where doctors, who spent over 8yrs for 6 sessions, are been compelled by the ever controversial VC, #Prof #Peretimode to pay two extra Years school fees, making it a total of 8 school fees, as against 6 school fees, for 6 sessions which they are supposed to spend. Meaning aside from wasting the time of my Junior colleagues by prolonging their time and stay in school, the School authority, in obvious collusion with delta state government want to go further to extort them, by asking and compelling them to pay for two extra years!!!! Yes, two extra Year!!! World over, school fees payment is by session not year, and should a school delay in completing a session, it's not expected that the student be punished for it, by asking for more fee!!! Someone should correct me if am wrong pls,why should a VC, who enjoyed free education and scholarships,tell the younger generations to pay extra fees? And y must it b peculiar to medical students /doctors? And to make matters worse, the school is also asking for payment of this illegal fee(50-70k), in addition to extra 20k(70-90k),per school fees making it to b a total of over 200k, for a fee that shouldn't b paid in the first place!!!!
Why should doctors be subjected to such mental, financial and psychological stress?
Is it a crime to study medicine under Delta state University? Imagine the young doctors, been welcomed to our noble profession with this level of illegality and levity? To make matters worse, many of our senior colleagues who are supposed to fight for, and pave the way for the young doctors, have become the tool, Through which the school and government use in perpetrating this illegality!!!
To think that the governor of this state is a doctor beats my imagination!!!How can doctors b exploited under the very eye of Dr Okowa? Will he say he is not aware?I know Prof Peretimode to b callous and inhumane, but he is not that brazen to make such decision unilaterally,he have the full support of the government in perpetuating this illegality. what I know about school fee payment is that, it is paid per session, and defaulters are made to either pay additional sum as late payment penalty, or prevented from attending classes or exam. The only people that are meant to pay extra fee are repeaters. I don't see where a student is asked to pay extra, for wasting his/her time. To make matters worse, this set of students have been denied access to their certificates, and also prevented from going for NYSC(they have already missed 2 batches).
All letters written to the school authority and government have proved abortive, and peretimode seems to be getting more brazen, to the extent that the latest set of doctors that just completed their exams, were denied access to their result except they pay for another extra year as well.
The purpose of this write up is to alert the full public, health lovers and doctors all over the world, to the brazen breach in constitutionality, as well as the Day light robbery been perpetrated by Delsu, with the total collusion of the government of delta state, and to appeal to all, especially doctors and Comrades to come together and let their voice b heard!!! Pls share and share and share,until injustice is called for wat it is, and the illegal extortion stopped once and for all!!!!
Injustice anywhere is Injustice everywhere
Re: Fraudulent Extortion Of Medical Graduates By Delta State University by Woke4all(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2018

(1) (Reply)

2018 Undergraduate Scholarship For All Students By Nnpc/snepco / 1Z0-932 Exam Prep With Real Oracle 1Z0-932 Test Questions / Bravo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.