Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News (3400 Views)

Keshi Sacked By NFF / Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board / Nff Board Meets Over Eaglets Age Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Princek12(m): 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2010
Lulu impeached by board

Posted: 2010-07-04 14:10

NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi has been impeached by along with first Vice President Amanze Uchegbulam and Technical Committee chairman Taiwo Ogunjobi. 

Nine of the 13 members of the Executive Committee met in Abuja and voted to impeach the leadership.

Aminu Maigari will now take over as interim President with Obinna Ogba as the new interim first vice President.

The decisions still have to be ratified by the full NFF Congress.

Lulu, Uchegbulam, Ogunjobi and NFF General Secretary Bolaji Ojo Oba were absent from the meeting.

Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/news/16574/lulu-impeached-by-board.php
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2010
absolute nonsense

The whole board should all resign.

The PTF will determine the next board.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by DrKitaun(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2010
Nonsense journalism. How can a sacked board still get to impeach some of their own ? A plot to make the impeached ones look the devils . . .medicine after death
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Princek12(m): 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Nonsense journalism. How can a sacked board still get to impeach some of their own ? A plot to make the impeached ones look the devils . . .medicine after death

I thought the board was not sacked, but that Jonathan just withdrew Nigeria from participation in FIFA events for two years. Or was the board sacked?
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by toosoon(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

No doubt am oh, in naija "anything can happen"
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by proudly9ja(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2010
Good move but we are NOT satisfied!

The entire board should step down!
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Princek12(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2010
^^^^^^

I agree
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by toosoon(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2010
If i may ask who is credible and capable for the post
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2010
Sepp Blatter's arrogance is getting unbecoming.

Why is Sepp Blatter picking and choosing what management organisation from Nigeria it will deal with?

Honestly if FIFA remains resolute in saying that the technical committe set up by the Government will not be recognised then Jonathan has a duty to ignore FIFA.

Sepp Blatter can not run our country for us. Dictatorship from a Government is unacceptable but Dictatorship from FIFA is also unacceptable.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Dclique(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2010
The entire board should step down before 6pm on monday.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Dclique(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2010
The entire board should step down before 6pm on monday.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by cantell(m): 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2010
A new board will probably emerge after the elections, so there's no need to sack them all.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by DrKitaun(m): 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2010
There wont be any elections. . . .EFCC has already swung into action to hound them.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by semid4lyfe(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2010
Won't be satisfied until the entire board steps down.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by rasputinn(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2010
^^^^
I wont be satisfied the entire board gets hauled into jail;prior to EFCC investigation
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by interestin: 8:58am On Jul 05, 2010
What the hell is going on in this country?

There should be football rebranding
in Nigeria.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Fimmy(m): 9:02am On Jul 05, 2010
the whole board should be impeached.we need new talents,not those old things who knows nothing about football
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by oluagness(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2010
The entire board should be hammered by EFCC
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by nomoneydow: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2010
why the 3 men only?

we want the head of the whole board
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Redman44(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2010
Whoa!! This is good news. However, I don't like the idea of another Hausa/Fulani/kanuri man heading the NFF sad sad  I am not being tribalistic here but the guys from the North have not really made a good impact as football administrators in Nigeria.  This is how it starts and before we know it, Aminu Maigari will become the permanent NFF President. Personally, I want the whole board sacked and the playing field of NFF Politics made level for any Nigerian [ Both Home and Abroad ] to contest for positions during the elections. I don't so much believe in John Fashanu. I've not seen what he has done on his own to help Nigerian football develop. Where has he been all the while? Some guys in the media have been doing PR Jobs for Mr Fashanu in his bid to become NFF President. John Fashanu does not really have what it takes to take us to the promised land. I'm looking at this humble lagosian known as Waidi Akanni. The guy rocks!!

Whatever happens next after the ouster of Sani Lulu, Amanze Uchegbulam, Taiwo Ogunjobi [ Mr Ojo-Oba needs to be impeached too ], I don't want another Northerner running the NFF. It is not their birthright. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Racing(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2010
They should have taken this decision along time n not leaving it this late when this 'politicians' covering as administrators have ridiculed the nation amongst d world. I suggest ojo oba should follow them cos the fool has caused more pain n sorrow than good to nigeria football. They should as a matter tender a very passionate n unreserved apology to millions of nigerians 4 their misdeed.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Racing(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2010
They should have taken this decision along time n not leaving it this late when this 'politicians' covering as administrators have ridiculed the nation amongst d world. I suggest ojo oba should follow them cos the fool has caused more pain n sorrow than good to nigeria football. They should as a matter tender a very passionate n unreserved apology to millions of nigerians 4 their misdeed.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

According to Fifa, the board cannot be sacked by the Government. This impeachment is the FIFA way to sack the board.

This was done as a first show to appease the Governement and the people so as to set a timetable for new elections and a restructure of Nigerian Football hence staving off the FIFA Ban once they rescind their decision
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by bisiaet: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2010
Well impeached or sack or whatever these group of people in NFF has gone that is the most important the way every Nigeria are sick and tired of eagle so also everybody are sick and tired of them.

At least for now glass house will be at peace, let there be a new begining that is what everybody wanted.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Abayomin70(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2010
dis people tink say we be fool there times in office don expire dem dey sack there self y cant all off dem resign and put in real people like onigbide
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by 9jafreak: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2010
Princek12:

Lulu impeached by board

Posted: 2010-07-04 14:10

NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi has been impeached by along with first Vice President Amanze Uchegbulam and Technical Committee chairman Taiwo Ogunjobi.  

Nine of the 13 members of the Executive Committee met in Abuja and voted to impeach the leadership.

Aminu Maigari will now take over as interim President with Obinna Ogba as the new interim first vice President.

The decisions still have to be ratified by the full NFF Congress.

Lulu, Uchegbulam, Ogunjobi and NFF General Secretary Bolaji Ojo Oba were absent from the meeting.

Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/news/16574/lulu-impeached-by-board.php

ZONING!

ZONING!

ZONING!

Here they go again? Where in the world is EFCC when you need them?
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by pek(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2010
too little, too late.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan is only playing to the gallery in my view except there something i dont know or have not heard but,can somebody answer this questions for me:
1, what was done when 62 national assembly members left this country for south Africa with tax payers money to watch football.
2, what were we expecting when N1.2 billion was approved for the world Cup
3,what is the achievement of the entire NFF board in terms of football

maybe somebody should remind mr. president that The last time Nigeria withdrew from international football events, it did irreparable damage to the football team. After winning the 1994 African Nations Cup, General Sani Abacha banned the national team from defending its title at the 1996 edition in South Africa due to issues with South African President Nelson Mandela.
As punishment, Nigeria was banned from the 1998 African Nations Cup, and its golden generation of players such as Okocha, George, Oliseh, Amunike, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Yekini, Taribo West, Okechukwu Uche and others were prevented from defending the title and from possible victory at the 1996 and 1998 tournaments. By the time Nigeria was re-admitted in 2000, this golden generation had aged and were past their prime. Nigerian football has not been the same since
Mr. President should also be reminded that denying international football to the national team will stagnate growth and starve players of quality competition. It will also affect the work permits of UK based players like mikel,Yakubu, Yobo, Olofinjana and other Nigerian players that want to move to the UK. Renewal and granting of work permits is conditional on playing a stipulated number of matches for Nigeria’s national team.
OUR LEADERS SHOULD KNOW OR BE TOLD THEIR BOUNDARY ON ISSUES OF THIS MAGNITUDE
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by oisehumen(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2010
Medicine after death. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by snowdrops(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2010
aguiyi:

Goodluck Jonathan is only playing to the gallery in my view except there something i dont know or have not heard but,can somebody answer this questions for me:
1, what was done when 62 national assembly members left this country for south Africa with tax payers money to watch football.
2, what were we expecting when N1.2 billion was approved for the world Cup
3,what is the achievement of the entire NFF board in terms of football

maybe somebody should remind mr. president that The last time Nigeria withdrew from international football events, it did irreparable damage to the football team. After winning the 1994 African Nations Cup, General Sani Abacha banned the national team from defending its title at the 1996 edition in South Africa due to issues with South African President Nelson Mandela.
As punishment, Nigeria was banned from the 1998 African Nations Cup, and its golden generation of players such as Okocha, George, Oliseh, Amunike, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Yekini, Taribo West, Okechukwu Uche and others were prevented from defending the title and from possible victory at the 1996 and 1998 tournaments. By the time Nigeria was re-admitted in 2000, this golden generation had aged and were past their prime. Nigerian football has not been the same since
Mr. President should also be reminded that denying international football to the national team will stagnate growth and starve players of quality competition. It will also affect the work permits of UK based players like mikel,Yakubu, Yobo, Olofinjana and other Nigerian players that want to move to the UK. Renewal and granting of work permits is conditional on playing a stipulated number of matches for Nigeria’s national team.
OUR LEADERS SHOULD KNOW OR BE TOLD THEIR BOUNDARY ON ISSUES OF THIS MAGNITUDE
Very intelligent comments.

I wonder if the president expected us to win to world cup. The writing was on the wall after the nations cup debacle. It was no surprise that the teams to flopped in the nations cup performed similarly in the world cup. Apart from Ghana who didi Africa proud.

Lets just swallow the bitter pill and forget this suspension/banning nonsense. Nigeria football is corrupt. It did not get there overnight or in two years, but several years of absolute misrule.

Jonathan should wake up and hands off football. The entire NFF/NFA should resign and for once allow people that know something about football manage it ie ex-international players within the last 15 years.
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by dejilam(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2010
Its a good begining. wink
Re: Sani Lulu Has Been Impeached By NFF Board: Breaking News by dejilam(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2010
AFTER THIS EFCC SHOULD GO AFTER THEM> angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? / How Do You See A Man Who Is Not Football Crazy? / Most Attractive Muscular Women Of All Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.