Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,964 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] (1305 Views)

UK Minister, Kemi Badenoch Arrives Nigeria For 3-day Visit / Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation / Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by utitofonsunday: 3:53am On Sep 15, 2018
In the letter, Adeosun confirmed that she was stepping down, because of allegations of forgery of her National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate.

She also thanked Buhari for the privilege to serve in his administration.

Adeosun went on to appreciate the president for his patience and support “during the long search for the truth in this matter”.

Below is the full text of Mrs Adeosun’s resignation letter as obtained by our reporter.

14th September, 2018

His Excellency
Muhammadu Buhari
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
State House
Aso Villa
Abuja

Dear Excellency,

Let me commence by thanking you profusely for the honour and privilege of serving under your inspirational leadership. It has been a truly rewarding experience to learn from you and to observe at close quarters your integrity and sense of duty.

I have, today, become privy to the findings of the investigation into the allegation made in an online medium that the Certificate of Exemption from National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) that I had presented was not genuine. This has come as a shock to me and I believe that in line with this administration’s focus on integrity, I must do the honourable thing and resign.

Your Excellency, kindly permit me to outline some of the background to this matter. I was born and raised in the United Kingdom, indeed my parental family home remains in London. My visits to Nigeria up until the age of thirty-four (34) were holidays, with visas obtained in my UK passport. I obtained my first Nigerian passport at the age of thirty-four (34) and when I relocated there was debate as to whether NYSC Law applied to me. Upon enquiry as to my status relating to NYSC, I was informed that due to my residency history and having exceeded the age of thirty (30), I was exempted from the requirement to serve. Until recent events, that remained my understanding.

On the basis of that advice and with the guidance and assistance of those, I thought were trusted associates, NYSC were approached for documentary proof of status. I then received the certificate in question. Having never worked in NYSC, visited the premises, been privy to nor familiar with their operations, I had no reason to suspect that the certificate was anything but genuine. Indeed, I presented that certificate at the 2011 Ogun State House of Assembly and in 2015 for Directorate of State Services (DSS) Clearance as well as to the National Assembly for screening. Be that as it may, as someone totally committed to a culture of probity and accountability I have decided to resign with effect from Friday, 14th September, 2018.

Your Excellency, It has been an exceptional privilege to have served our nation under your leadership and to have played a role in steering our economy at a very challenging time. I am proud that Nigeria has brought discipline into its finances, has identified and is pursuing a path to long term sustainable growth that will unlock the potential in this great economy. Under your leadership, Nigeria was able to exit recession and has now started to lay the foundations for lasting growth and wealth creation. Repositioning this huge economy is not a short term task and there are no short cuts, indeed there are tough decisions still to be made but I have no doubt that your focus on infrastructural investment, revenue mobilisation and value for money in public expenditure will deliver growth, wealth and opportunity for all Nigerians.

Full text here: https://readandgetpaid.com/why-i-resigned-as-finance-minister-kemi-adeosun-finally-breaks-silence-full-text/

Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 15, 2018
Very sad.
One of very best ministers in the cabinet.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by adecz: 4:22am On Sep 15, 2018
Na she sabi.....

It is also an indictment on
the DSS, who appear to have time
for only intrigues.

She should now prepare for
jail & refund all her illegally acquired
allowances.

419 woman..

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by Alejoc(m): 5:23am On Sep 15, 2018
I dey Shame for her really.....this is another vivid example of shortcut cut short but

.. See signature for your power solution
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by Alejoc(m): 5:26am On Sep 15, 2018
How is Buhari fighting corruption when he sleeps and dine with corrupt people?
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by dimexy247(m): 5:33am On Sep 15, 2018
I don’t wanna hear stories. Just pack and go home, your boss will also join you comes 2019. Bunch of lifeless fellows.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by matrix199(m): 6:35am On Sep 15, 2018
He without a sin, should cast the first criticism.

At least she did the right thing afterwards.
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by MVLOX(m): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2018
she try.... e no easy
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by Okpueze1(m): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2018
Were you expecting to get an original certificate in proxy? It is not possible anywhere on the globe even in Kenya!

How can you get an NYSC Exemption Certificate without physically going to their office to present your documents and case?

Can you do that in the UK you are now claiming citizenship?

Just go and turn in yourself to the nearest appropriate body for further prosecution.

Thank you for your efforts so far.
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by BanevsJoker(m): 8:08am On Sep 15, 2018
She just indicted herself. You never went to NYSC premises, but you have a certificate. You believed the certificate you got by proxy was genuine. This woman is even dumber than I thought.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by dazzlingd(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2018
adecz:
Na she sabi.....

It is also an indictment on
the DSS, who appear to have time
for only intrigues.

She should now prepare for
jail & refund all her illegally acquired
allowances.

419 woman..

undecided undecided undecided

Are you not the same shameless punk boasting of how you enjoyed a wrong transfer of 40k made to your account. You are a shameless hypocrite for pointing fingers at Adeosun.You should go and return that money too. Useless citizens looking for good leaders. Look at our leaders of tomorrow, people without integrity and shame. Ko ni da fun e.... May the gods rip off your balls
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:51am On Sep 16, 2018
GenBuhari:
Very sad.
One of very best ministers in the cabinet.
Your brain oil they leak grin
Re: Why I Resigned As Finance Minister – Kemi Finally Breaks Silence (full Text] by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2018
...she should have kept her resignation letter simple...i think she knew about the doggy nysc document...she has no excuse...a sad thing for a country like ours where most documents are fake...no wonder lots of people are rejected for visas by foreign embassies...

...this incident is a dent on her been employed, even in the UK...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians React As APC Await Another Authority Other Than INEC To Announce Resul / Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu / How Nigeria May Lose The Next War: Scenario Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.