Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu (1306 Views)

2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu / Abia Decides:"we Deliver In Grandstyle"says Orji Kalu Wins Polling Unit Widely / BREAKING: Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu In EFCC Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by Handsomecole(m): 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Kalu: I will emerge Deputy Senate President, says ‘endorsement of Omo-Agege handiwork of selfish elements in APC

Contrary to speculations in some quarters that the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), after wide consultations with President Muhammdu Buhari and other stakeholders of the party, has formally endorsed Senator Ovie Omo-Agege as the party’s candidate for the position of Deputy Senate President in the 9th National Assembly, a leading contender in the race and Senator-elect, Abia North Senatorial Zone, Dr. Orji Kalu, has debunked insinuations that he (Kalu) had withdrawn from the contest.
The National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Onilu, had on Monday morning issued a statement that the National Working Committee has formally adopted Senator Ovie Omo-Agege as the party’s candidate for the position of Deputy Senate President.
Kalu, who had some days ago met behind closed doors with President Muhammadu Buhari disclosed that the President only adopted the candidacies of the duo of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives, respectively, while noting that anyone is free to contest for other principal positions.
In a statement by his media office on Monday and signed by Ken Cole, the former governor stressed that as a staunch supporter of Buhari and a loyal and committed member of the APC, he (Kalu) would always abide by the decisions of the President and highly respected members of the National Working Committee (NWC).
He, however, said the speculation of the formal endorsement of Omo-Agege was the handiwork of selfish elements in the party who are self-serving and desperate to cause disharmony among party stakeholders.
Kalu said: “Ahead of tomorrow’s inauguration of the 9th National Assembly and election of principal officers, politicians have started deploying different antics to satisfy their ambitions.
“One of such is a statement credited to National Publicity Secretary of APC, Mallam Lanre Onilu, claiming that President Muhammadu Buhari and the NWC of the party have formally adopted Senator Ovie Omo-Agege as the party’s candidate for the position of Deputy Senate President.
“I hold the President in high esteem as well as the National Chairman of our great party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, and other members of the NWC and as such, I will not disobey any formal pronouncement by them.
“However, I am still in the race to become Deputy Senate President because the President and the NWC have not adopted any candidate and as such the contest is open to all members of the party, who have the capability.
“I have the political dexterity, leadership qualities and goodwill to complement the efforts of the Senate President in actualising the objectives of the legislature to support the efforts of President Muhammadu Buhari in taking Nigeria to greater heights.
“Leadership positions in the 9th Senate should be given to people who have the will to support the agenda of the APC while not deviating from the ideals of democracy.
“As I continue to mobilise support for the position of Deputy Senate President, I commend the President, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, and other stakeholders of the party for their support.
“Come tomorrow by the special grace of God and to the admiration of APC members and Nigerians at large, I will emerge as Deputy Senate President in the 9th National Assembly”.
Kalu, while appealing to the leadership of the APC to give a level-playing ground for all contenders for the position of Deputy Senate President, who are APC members, maintained that he (Kalu) is still in the race except otherwise advised by the President or the party’s highest decision-making body”.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/06/deputy-senate-president-i-am-still-in-the-race-orji-kalu/

Re: Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by OfoIgbo: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
hmmmm, seems like OUK wants the GOJE treatment.

He probably wants EFCC off his back. Let us know whether Buhari will help him with this.
Re: Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by Afospecialk: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
Tomorrow is just around the corner
Re: Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Orji Kalu is not a ranking senator

Senate will have to modify its rules for this to happen

Let no one bore us with marginalisation of south east tomorrow
Re: Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by mrvitalis(m): 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
krendo:

He is a ranking member get ur facts right
Re: Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by seanfer(m): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
krendo:

He was in the Senate in 1992/93.... So that makes Him a ranking senator.
Re: Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
seanfer:

He was in the Senate in 1992/93.... So that makes Him a ranking senator.

You mean a status that predates the current 1999 constitution which the current Senate was formed based on?

Stop joking abeg

We need to earn to follow the rules in this country really regardless of who stands to benefit

In any case this will be based on politics in the Srnate and I can see PDP lobbying for DSP
Re: Breaking!!! AGEGE ENDORSEMENT:I'll Emerge Deputy Senate President says Orji Kalu by seanfer(m): 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
krendo:

You mean a status that predates the current 1999 constitution which the current Senate was formed based on?

Stop joking abeg

We need to earn to follow the rules in this country really regardless of who stands to benefit

In any case this will be based on politics in the Srnate and I can see PDP lobbying for DSP

If we follow the Status from 1999 then we should not be mentioning the 9th Senate instead 6th senate.. Also are you saying that the former President that was in power in 1979-1983 should not be accord the status of Former president?
OUK is a ranking Senator and nothing can change that. This is His second time as a senator of the federal republic. If you have any evidence that He was not in the Senate in 1992/93 please bring it.

(1) (Reply)

Iheduoha Reacts To Father Mbaka’s Alleged Plea For Forgiveness Over Prophecy / Is Nigeria Rich Or Poor, Lets Find Out.. / 2023: Equality Demand S/E Or S/S Presidency Or Power Remain In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.