Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate (29459 Views)

Tinubu Projected To Win APC Presidential Primaries - The Cable / Presidential Primaries: The True Lies About Delegates / Kwara PDP Governorship Primaries - The Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Chri08102702694: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2018
This is strong. cheesy
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by MyAmericandream(f): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2018
checkolatunji:

I am not in support of anybody but Ambode did nothing, you need to check through and see for yourself
you need to check out some part of alimosho local government.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Olukat(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2018
What's the point becoming a governor without governing?
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by ayobaye(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2018
Everyone wants what good will come to them. How can they be pauperized with government's money? Na wa for the future of this country called Nigeria. A country where integrity is a taboo and chop make you chop is the order of the day. May God have mercy as.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Cantonese: 8:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Yes. Tinubu started Lagos - Badagry, left it. The present holier than thou minister of works served 8 years and did not complete it. Ambode says he will complete it in 2022. The same APC government. Lawma is in court. Vendors said they did not like the idea of bringing Visionscape. They prefer to carry refuse in dead/open trucks and collect payments for their inefficiency as against Visionscape with good/sealed trucks. All APC government. The gridlock at Apapa with trucks parking irresponsibly everywhere from Apapa to cele express, mile 2 to iganmu, apapa to Obanikoro, mile 2 now to iyana Iba. All APC governments. How can you blame one man? If there is any problem at all it may have to do with returns to the godfather!

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by intruxive(m): 8:13am On Sep 15, 2018
Sit back and let the yorubas teach you a lesson in loyalty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by nokatakata: 8:14am On Sep 15, 2018
spinna:
Jealous of Ambodes achievements and how he has won Lagos hearts. Backward politics of blatant godfatherism. If they push him out and he joins another party e don be for APC b that

Lol...jealous of Ambode's achievements? Can you list the achievements Please? Ambode wouldn't be scared and running around begging everybody for second term if he had performed and achieved anything at all.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by onegig(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2018
Sterope:
I don't think you have everbeen to Lago's since Amble back Governor.

Governance should be all rounder...

Ambode has messed up royally. If you wanted to be aloof to Godfather's politics then you would do well to select your technocrats and do a fuckton of good job in the public space.

Aside the flyovers and Bus stops which he is constructing other areas are severely lacking. He has abandoned Lagos HOMEs projects, little or nothing is being done in the educational sector, the city is so dirty, drivers waywardness is now at peak capacity because LASTMA are now lame ducks, most traffic lights that used to work are now bad even the ones in VI.

Gigantic potholes on almost all major roads. Lagos PW corporation is almost non existent. They used to be very efficient and patch potholes as they happened back then but now they are just left for months to expand to swimming pools. The pathetic hold-ups in the last 3 weeks around Lagos is a result of potholes ridden roads. Imagine standstill traffic stretching from Bonny Camp to CMS (almost 3km) because of potholes at Bonny Camp.

And don't even let me talk about the refuse disposal and his Visioncape stupi.dity.

He did well in some policies but they are too little given the bar set by his predecessors. He honestly needs to make things better. No one wants politics of Godfathers but this guy has not really impressed.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Acidosis(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2018
Lol, ordinary Agbaje gave Tinubu heart attack in the last election. The margin between Ambode and Agbaje, in spite Tinubu's endorsements, wasn't so much especially after Oba Akiolu's negative declarations against Igbos. Ambode should simply switch to another party, get the support of PDP supporters (same people who voted Agbaje), and Tinubu would become history in Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by DonMekino(m): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2018
Now u ppl are shouting that Ambode didn't do anything.... When u could have voted in that Jide of a guy in d last election. Its déjà vu....because anyone that jagagban foists, no guarantee of a better output... The chicken has finally come home to roost. The sad part is that none of all these struggles is for the benefits of the common lagosians..

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Akolawole(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2018
It saddens me when i see all these teenagers comment ANYHOW on Nairaland. They dont know ANYTHING about Lagos politics.

In any part of the world, Foot soldiers, who are party leaders are responsible for the party win elections. They mobilize people. While i do NOT support greediness on the part of the Party leaders but Ambode MUST be very careful. If he join PDP, he is finished. He should go and ask Bucknor Akerele, Femi Pedro, Tokunbo Afikuyomi. They left and contest and lost heavily.

Its NOT about Tinubu as some foolish people are saying he ONLY have one vote, FOOT SOLDIERS ARE THE ONE ON THE GROUND.

Ambode should remember that he was handpicked against all odds by Tinubu the last time. Tinubu was accused. Now he says everyone should go to the field.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2018
dre11:

Lagos APC gov primary: Party leaders seal Ambode’s fate

Gov to ‘sign undated resignation letter’
Chief of the conditions, the source alleged, is an undated resignation letter the governor must sign and release to the opposition elements and elders within the party which would be used to get rid of him if “he starts misbehaving again.”

To further weaken him, allegedly, he is to hands-off the nomination process of all the candidates of the party for the House of Assembly, a condition which would make his impeachment easy if he tried to repudiate the agreement and reject the undated resignation letter as being signed under duress.

With the thinking on the other side that a re-elected Ambode may move against the political interests of those resisting him now, another condition being allegedly put forward is that the governor must seek Tinubu’s consent and approval before major policy decisions are taken, and funding for major projects must also go along that line.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/164475/

Kai! Bola Ahmed Tinubu why

And this man wants to be VP cum president one day

I lost all respect for him!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by ghuzy01: 8:35am On Sep 15, 2018
Akolawole:

It saddens me when i see all these teenagers comment ANYHOW on Nairaland. They dont know ANYTHING about Lagos politics.

In any part of the world, Foot soldiers, who are party leaders are responsible for the party win elections. They mobilize people. While i do NOT support greediness on the part of the Party leaders but Ambode MUST be very careful. If he join PDP, he is finished. He should go and ask Bucknor Akerele, Femi Pedro, Tokunbo Afikuyomi. They left and contest and lost heavily.

Its NOT about Tinubu as some foolish people are saying he ONLY have one vote, FOOT SOLDIERS ARE THE ONE ON THE GROUND.

Ambode should remember that he was handpicked against all odds by Tinubu the last time. Tinubu was accused. Now he says everyone should go to the field.
So what now is the difference between Tinubu and saraki.they 're the same versions in different states
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by nellyelitz(m): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:
Tinubu our indisputable leader, anywhere he ask us to go we will follow duly...

If you don't like it, go and drink Nnamdi Cownu's smelling urine.
from a proud zombie
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by akdjr(m): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2018
There is something I still don't understand in Nigeria politics, if you actually don't go into elective position with personal gain why do they always want to be there by all means? If I were Ambode knowing fully well that I served as an elected Governor by same people who don't want me to serve again I will just back out.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Jlow2: 8:38am On Sep 15, 2018
If only personal greed will allow pdp see dis as an opportunity
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Acidosis(m): 8:40am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode polled a total of 811,994 votes to beat Agbaje, who had 659,788 votes in the last election (Source: Vanguard)
in spite the wide support and expansive celebrity endorsements, and media campaign from APC media centre.

All these political permutations and endorsements from irrelevant baales and politically-valueless community leaders don't work!

Agbaje did it in 2015. Move to another party, ensure you win at least 3/4 of the incoming state house members to your side, and victory would be yours!
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Andhominem: 8:49am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:
Tinubu our indisputable leader, anywhere he ask us to go we will follow duly...

If you don't like it, go and drink Nnamdi Cownu's smelling urine.

Tinubu and his slaves are in for the shock of their lives
Lagos will be free!

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by dododawa1: 8:50am On Sep 15, 2018
HUMAN BEING and POWER
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Arthurity1(m): 8:52am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode might have shown a bit of tribalism towards the igbos, But i will say this ... If Tinumbu is going to block the success of that man in APC, then it will not be better for him. Because I don't see why he is going to stop a performing governor who puts our tax payers money to good use from seeking reelection unless Ambode is a hindrance to his selfish interests. Tinumbu should better clear road if he doesn't want thunder to rape him!

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Tareq1105: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2018
chiefolododo:
The end of APC is near

I will never vote along Tinubu's line again if he deny Ambode his well deserved 2nd term.

We shall see how it goes probably the end of Tinubu control has come.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by jonuel1(m): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2018
nokatakata:

Lol...jealous of Ambode's achievements? Can you list the achievements Please? Ambode wouldn't be scared and running around begging everybody for second term if he had performed and achieved anything at all.

in the face of glaring acheivements, your likes will still be blind to it.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by Andhominem: 9:00am On Sep 15, 2018
onegig:

Governance should be all rounder...

Ambode has messed up royally. If you wanted to be aloof to Godfather's politics then you would do well to select your technocrats and do a fuckton of good job in the public space.

Aside the flyovers and Bus stops which he is constructing other areas are severely lacking. He has abandoned Lagos HOMEs projects, little or nothing is being done in the educational sector, the city is so dirty, drivers waywardness is now at peak capacity because LASTMA are now lame ducks, most traffic lights that used to work are now bad even the ones in VI.

Gigantic potholes on almost all major roads. Lagos PW corporation is almost non existent. They used to be very efficient and patch potholes as they happened back then but now they are just left for months to expand to swimming pools. The pathetic hold-ups in the last 3 weeks around Lagos is a result of potholes ridden roads. Imagine standstill traffic stretching from Bonny Camp to CMS (almost 3km) because of potholes at Bonny Camp.

And don't even let me talk about the refuse disposal and his Visioncape stupi.dity.

He did well in some policies but they are too little given the bar set by his predecessors. He honestly needs to make things better. No one wants politics of Godfathers but this guy has not really impressed.

That's all because he didn't really have a free hand. The little independence he tried to exercise is what is causing him his current travail.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by jonuel1(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2018
Arthurity1:
Ambode might have shown a bit of tribalism towards the igbos, But i will say this ... If Tinumbu is going to block the success of that man in APC, then it will not be better for him. Because I don't see why he is going to stop a performing governor who puts our tax payers money to good use from seeking reelection unless Ambode is a hindrance to his selfish interests. Tinumbu should better clear road if he doesn't want thunder to rape him!

the issue here is that a protege isnt remitting as agreed! if he does that, how will developmental projects be undertaken?
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by eventsms(m): 9:01am On Sep 15, 2018
God save ambode .

Download Project topics and materials via www.researchs.com.ng
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by iamfromlagos(f): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2018
RealTrump:
Running for a second term is not a birthright.

1. Lots of snail-paced projects causing traffic all around. Start multiple projects but complete none.
2. Lagos is at it's all time dirtiest in recent times thanks to LAWMA scrapping.
3. The only visible achievement is building busstop and lay-bye whicj is pathetically celebrated in the media.
4. All internal roads r in shambles. New ones r not built, old ones he met r never repaired

Perhaps Ambode shd tell us exactly what he has achieved aside paying salaries, n let d people judge. A state with much potential achieving nothing.
And you think you are making sense.
I pity you.
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by iamfromlagos(f): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2018
topyhanky:
I just wish another party will win in Lagos
I'm anxiously waiting for that day
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by moufan: 9:08am On Sep 15, 2018
tinubu wants to remove the best performing governor in nigeria because of some greedy party leaders who wants ambode to be sharing them money meant for developments.

ambode will win reelection irrespective of the party he belongs
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by bigpicture001: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode shld go get a court injection to stop wot ever silly impeachment the house would mk, and also, he shld Decamp to pdp...but whatever he does,he must not head to that primary..thats tinubu's trap for him....nd wen he lose,tinubu would call a press conference and tell dem,he did mk the votes,that it was democracy at work.....
Re: Lagos APC Primaries: The Great Conspiracy's As Party Leaders Seal Ambode’s Fate by checkolatunji: 9:16am On Sep 15, 2018
MyAmericandream:
you need to check out some part of alimosho local government.

Where in Alimosho are you talking about?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Port Harcourt For Port Harcourt Zonal Rally / El-Rufai Orders FRSC Off The Streets Of Kaduna / APC Governors & Buhari Laughing As They Have Lunch Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.