Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term (57105 Views)

2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign / Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu / 2019: Tinubu Adamant About Decision On Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by wmoruf(m): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2018
i don't believe pastor Adeboye a man who is so busy with work in d ministry could have time to poke nose into politics.,
wetin concern Imam with pig lap?
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Tareq1105: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2018
SmartMugu:
Religion and politics don't mix. The pastors need to focus on what they claim they're sent to do and no meddle with politics.

Baba Adeboye's discussion with Tinubu was personal and I want to believe it was on the request of Ambode.

I don't see anything wrong with that as a man of God.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by predatorX: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Adeboye has lost the anointing tey tey. Babylon the great(churches) is dining with the kings of the earth(politicians)
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by fredylee: 9:34am On Sep 15, 2018
Adekdammy:
Why is Ambode running from pillar to post, if your first tenure is good, your popularity should win you the primaries and if your party is saying no 2nd term for you, port to another camp and leverage on your good works but unfortunately you have none.

The people will remember how u turned lagos to a dirty state with your visionless scape

The people will remember how you suddenly increased land use charge

How u started several projects without completion in sight.

Lagos roads are so terrible that we spend valuable time in traffic

Your lack the grass root touch of governance.

Roads in Lagos have never been more terrible than they are now. Even expressways have gullies, and their service lanes are even more terrible. Ikeja is a glorified state capital.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by klax(m): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2018
Where is dady ice block to throw his insult again or hunger don dey hammer you Mr jobless.

As per Ambode stuff I think he should be man enough to wave good bye to Alausa because it's obvious he can not enjoy smooth relationship with these people again.

Bro Ambode kindly move on its sure bet you might not be given the chance for another term.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by maldino: 9:40am On Sep 15, 2018
This is Democracy...moreover there shouldn't be any intervention @d first place...The masses should decide who they feel would lead them

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Dotng: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2018
emmasege:
You only hear from Adeboye when his position or any of his ministry's financiers' position is threatened.

Did Adeboye make any STATEMENT when his Deaconess was killed in Abuja or Bridget killed in Kano?

What STATEMENT has he made to identify with persecuted, displaced and bereaved Christians in the middle belt since the government he supported came into power?

By statement, I mean 'actions' & strong statements that shake government and enemies of the Christian faith.

Calling Adeboye a Christian leader is an insult to the Christian faith. He's at best RCCG (denominational) leader, and it's time the media stopped referring to him as a (National) Christian leader.
First of all, you are entitled to your opinion. This is just a rant. If you have experienced leading people or know what it involves you will know that the leadership mindset of a motor park tout, a national union leader and a global influencer are different. They are not the same. You may have expectations of how they should lead but they will lead from the standpoint of what they are seeing and what they know. Leaders like Adeoye are not elected by popular opinion. They exercise oversight over Christian across nations because they have built the capacity to be respected even when they are not liked. How many leaders in Nigeria commands respect across denominations like he does? He does not need anyone's vote. You can not ignore what he says because he is not flippant.

For your information, I am not a member of RCCG, but I respect them.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 15, 2018
Cantonese:
But the simple truth is that they all must test their popularity. If there truly is an existent problem between Ambode and Tinubu, I do not think there should be any cause for much worry by Ambode. One day very soon a pharaoh does does not know Joseph will rise up and uproot 'tingod' Tinubu and teach him that power belongs to God. A direct primary will afford the governor more opportunity to self examine and look at ways to improve in his second tenure. My sincere hope is that he will not act the common way of governors on the second tenure who stop projects and amass personal wealth. I strongly believe that Ambode will defeat all opositions including the 'tingod'.
All the delegates who will vote in the primary of the party are tinubu's godchildren.They will definitely vote against ambode.Didnt you read in the paper that tinubu has told top party members not to support ambode?There is still interference of godfather in apc party primary.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by stantonelvis(m): 9:43am On Sep 15, 2018
winners founder doesn't bring himself this low to arse lick this government the way this old man is doing
Islie:

Asiwaju not supporting any aspirant –Hamzat

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/09/tinubu-to-adeboye-my-hands-are-tied-on-ambodes-2nd-term/

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Jagaban is holding Yoruba politicians by the balls and they are whining like babies. Can't they just kick this one man out and liberate themselves?

Why should every politicians in the South West cower when he sneezes? This state of affairs here seem to buttress the assertion that Southwest folks are lily livered.

What twaddle!!!

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by klax(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2018
maldino:
This is Democracy...moreover there shouldn't be any intervention @d first place...The masses should decide who they feel would lead them

Bro in Lagos it's not people that talks it's Tinubu that is doing the talking that is where the problem is.

Take it or leave it if Tinubu is not on your side as apc member you can not become Lagos governor it's simple as that Tinubu had gripped Lagos with all his fingers.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by IbrahimDamola: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2018
RCCG is an APC church. I pity the Ibo christians and southerners attending that church. A church that asks you of your political views is a political church.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Larryallovernig: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode hasn't done any good thing in lagos he is a destroyer
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 15, 2018
Racoon:
Tinubu should know that he is not God and indispensable.Lagos will be delivered.

How does this comment make any sense? Do you want Tinubu to impose Ambode on the people? Or do you want a level playing field for all candidates?

Wetin be Pharaoh for matter here. Na Adeboye fall my hand. Why he dey persuade Asiwaju to impose Ambode on Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Lekas12111: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2018
Only a fool will vote for ambode for second term in mainland because he did nothing in mainland no good road no good health care nothing to write about in mainland despite the huge money they are making in Apapa Lagos zero development in mainland
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by klax(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
RCCG is an APC church. I pity the Ibo christians and southerners attending that church.

Oh God who is this again? Are you mad? Do you have to tribalized this for goodness sake? Yesterday you told the Yoruba's and the Edo's to keep off from the shameful no common sense sit at home f u c k i n g ipooh order i guess the yoruba too should as well tell people like you to shut da f u c k off Ambode Tinubu Adeboye matter it's Yoruba matter or do you see Chuwudi or Emaka or Ekpeyong name in the picture

Leave tribalism and stop being stupid. RCCG has nothing to do with tribal madness grow up leave tribal sentiments this is politics I'm not Adeboye fan nor apc fan but I stand by the truth with no fear or favour take it or burst it leave tribalism before it kill you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by IbrahimDamola: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2018
klax:

Oh God who us this again? Are you mad? Do you have to tribalized this for goodness sake? Yesterday you told the Yoruba's and the Edo's to keep off from the shameful no common sense sit at home f u c k i n g ipooh order i guess the yoruba should as eell tell people like you to shuf da f u c k off Ambode Tinubu Adeboye matter it's Yoruba matter or do you see Chuwudi or Emaka or Ekpeyong name in the picture

Leave tribalism and stop being stupid. RCCG has nothing to do with tribal madness grow up leave tribal sentiments this is politics I'm not Adeboye fan nor apc fan but I stand by the truth with no fear or favour take it or burst it leave tribalism before it kill you.

RCCG asks people their political affiliation during interview if you are not pro-APC you are kicked out. I have proof and I have names. For the good of you and your fraudulent church, back off before I open a can of worms.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by 9gerian: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2018
Ok. I think we need to stop fooling ourselves.

IMO Pastor Adeboye like any other Nigerian has a right to speak on behalf of a friend, member or associate, especially when requested to. If we feel unhappy, let’s also build followership and become influencers too to counter their influence. Well informed persons know how influential the Emirs are in the North, and nobody castigates them when they appeal on behalf of their people.

Christians are advised in their own interests to participate in politics less they get misrepresented, and are left without influence when it matters most. Daniel was part of the King’s government in the Bible, and solicited on behalf of his Hebrew people but people will not reference that when they want to castigate others.

Please let’s stop blackmailing others (religious leaders especially) just because we can’t muster the kind of influence they can; because history has shown us that people who are quick to judge do far worse when the tables are turned.

Thank you!

madridsta007:

Why would you believe it?
Isn’t this the same APC that each thing they say later turns out to be a lie?
Nigerians sef. Where’s our memories?
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2018
sshyne:

You are not normal, I just wonder how a grown man will think with his anus. Most you involve God in everything? You are a big fool

Who is a fool between me and you?

Calling someone you don’t know a fool shows you are a fool like your brain that signal rubbish to your hand to type rubbish on here ... I express my believe and opinion and I expect you to express your own view as well .. all you could say is a fool and a fool .. ogun lakaye will waste you if you quote me again
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by coluka: 10:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Adeboye should better respect himself and his office. What kind of nonsense is this? Is this what God called him to do? Political pastors everywhere, Mtcheew!!
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by captainamiedi1: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2018
Adekdammy:
Why is Ambode running from pillar to post, if your first tenure is good, your popularity should win you the primaries and if your party is saying no 2nd term for you, port to another camp and leverage on your good works but unfortunately you have none.

The people will remember how u turned lagos to a dirty state with your visionless scape

The people will remember how you suddenly increased land use charge

How u started several projects without completion in sight.

Lagos roads are so terrible that we spend valuable time in traffic

Your lack the grass root touch of governance.

in summary he does not deserve second term.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Aquariann: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2018
comshots:
All the delegates who will vote in the primary of the party are tinubu's godchildren.They will definitely vote against ambode.Didnt you read in the paper that tinubu has told top party members not to support ambode?There is still interference of godfather in apc party primary.

Sorry, there are no delegates. Every APC member in Lagos will vote. That's why it's direct primaries. Only indirect primaries uses delegates. Ambode knows he hasn't done well and is not popular in APC that's why he is running about.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by klax(m): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

RCCG asks people their political affiliation during interview if you are not pro-APC you are kicked. I have proof and I have names. For the good of you and your fraudulent church, back off before I open a can of worms.

PLS ask or check all my post I'm never RCCG member in fact RCCG is the only church I hate with passion for supporting apc that brought Nigeria unto her knee today but what I'm saying is why mentioning word like * you only pity the ibo's attending RCCG bro you have gone tribal that is where I'm upset with you. RCCG had offended Nigerians for been part of organisation that brought Buhari to power and they must apologise for it but that does not mean it should be tribalized bro.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by madridsta007(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2018
9gerian:
Ok. I think we need to stop fooling ourselves.

IMO Pastor Adeboye like any other Nigerian has a right to speak on behalf of a friend, member or associate, especially when requested to. If we feel unhappy, let’s also build followership and become influencers too to counter their influence. Well informed persons know how influential the Emirs are in the North, and nobody castigates them when they appeal on behalf of their people.

Christians are advised in their own interests to participate in politics less they get misrepresented, and are left without influence when it matters most. Daniel was part of the King’s government in the Bible, and solicited on behalf of his Hebrew people but people will not reference that when they want to castigate others.

Please let’s stop blackmailing others (religious leaders especially) just because we can’t muster the kind of influence they can; because history has shown us that people who are quick to judge do far worse when the tables are turned.

Thank you!

You are missing the point.
I have NOT said that Pastor Adeboye should not speak to him. He is pretty influential worldwide. He can and, arguably should.
I have only said, it is important that the facts come out before rushing to conclusion. Based on the history of APC, one has to take any of their words with a helping of salt.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by kurlz(f): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2018
It's a lie the moment I saw Adeboye called Tinubu I lost interest in the essay because Daddy Adeboye can never ever so that.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by ariesbull: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2018
Is Adeboye done with tithes for taxing matters ?
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by ariesbull: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2018
madridsta007:

You are missing the point.
I have NOT said that Pastor Adeboye should not speak to him. He is pretty influential worldwide. He can and, arguably should.
I have only said, it is important that the facts come out before rushing to conclusion. Based on the history of APC, one has to take any of their words with a helping of salt.

Did you just say worldwide...let him go and influence Putin or the Chinese President

Una go dey talk anyhow
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by madridsta007(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2018
ariesbull:

Did you just say worldwide...let him go and influence Putin or the Chinese President

Una go dey talk anyhow

Chief, David Cameron had to see Pastor Adeboye and visit Festival of Life when he was soliciting for the black votes during the election which he won.
Theresa May did it as well, visiting RCCG Jesus House, London.
Read beyond Nairaland.
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by ariesbull: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2018
madridsta007:

Chief, David Cameron had to see Pastor Adeboye and visit Festival of Life when he was soliciting for the black votes during the election which he won.
Theresa May did it as well, visiting RCCG Jesus House, London.
Read beyond Nairaland.

Who is he...tell your Adeboye to head to Russia or China or go see Trump....who is Cameron
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by 123papas(m): 10:52am On Sep 15, 2018
How I wish Ambode can lose APC primaries, switch to AAC and win the governorship election in Lagos. it will be pure bliss smiley
Re: Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term by Temptee101(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
What kind of a man of God is this, taking sides and openly meddling into politics. So he cannot talk to God for tinubu to change his mind, visited by stroke or even go blind. Ok, he should bride tinubu with the church's tithe. Other aspirants are from the devil, only ambode is fit, able and hungry to rule? Adeboye is not just serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo Reacts To The Postponed Election On Facebook / Omoyele Sowore Paddling Canoe In A Lake (Photos) / Update On Kaduna State Governorship Results (2023)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.