Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? (19972 Views)

2019 Is Near, Focus On Defeating Atiku, While I Focus On Supporting Him, Obj / Is Ambode No Longer Loyal To Tinubu And APC? / Is Ambode Paying For The Sin Committed By His Wife? - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by CilicMarin: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2018
I don't understand this issue of everybody begging Tinubu to back Ambode..is Tinubu God? As a sitting governor, I don't expect Ambode to be begging for support, but rather have his own support group who should be able to deliver him in the forthcoming primaries.

We cannot be accusing Tinubu of imposition and at the same time asking him to impose Ambode on others. Moreover the former governor has only 1 Vote.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by FarahAideed: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2018
You and I know the all the party members that will attend the direct primaries all receive their nomination and instruction from tinubus sitting room in Bourdillon..

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Andhominem: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2018
FarahAideed:
You and I know the all the delegates that will attend the direct primaries all receive their nomination and instruction from tinubus sitting room in Bourdillon..

Thank you.
If only Ambode could run as an independent.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by modath(f): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:
.....but rather have his own support group who should be able to deliver him in the forthcoming primaries.....

This is where he has a problem, he doesn't have a support group, he has alienated them all... Naija politics is one of patronage & it makes sense to never lose grassrooot support...

Babatunde Fashola was vehemently opposed to his emergence but same foot soldiers were the ones that got him into office.

Taking the PSP thing to Visionscape makes zero sense, Lagos is dirty & he lost goodwill, wonder what came over him...

I however believe they will sort themselves out soon...

Eko o ni baje, o baje ti. cool

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by CilicMarin: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2018
modath:

This is where he has a problem, he doesn't have a support group, he has alienated them all... Naija politics is one of patronage & it makes sense to never lose grassrooot support...

Babatunde Fashola was vehemently opposed to his emergence but same foot soldiers were the ones that got him into office.

Taking the PSP thing to Visionscape makes zero sense, Lagos is dirty & he lost goodwill, wonder what came over him...

Okay! It is getting clearer now. So he is going to lose if he stands for the primaries, owing to lack of influence on the party members?

11 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by capatainrambo: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2018
these Apc demonic zombie. wants kill ambode with heart attack.

I don't care.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by CilicMarin: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2018
FarahAideed:
You and I know the all the delegates that will attend the direct primaries all receive their nomination and instruction from tinubus sitting room in Bourdillon..

That is mere conjecture. I believe he should try his popularity within the party, after all the sam party members will work for him in the election proper if he emerges at the primaries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by CilicMarin: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2018
capatainrambo:
these Apc demonic zombie. wants kill ambode with heart attack.

I don't care.

How?
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by capatainrambo: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2018
FarahAideed:
exactly.

the usual zombies see Tinubu as a god.

even when the damming revelation spilled. That tinubu takes 40billion from Lagos state purse everymonth.

zombies cheered

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by capatainrambo: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:

How?
if tinubu wasn't opposed to ambode candidature would you and deomelo be attacking ambode ?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by capatainrambo: 10:43am On Sep 15, 2018
[quote author=CilicMarin post=71218428]

1 Like

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by capatainrambo: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:

That is mere conjecture. I believe he should try his popularity within the party, after all the sam party members will work for him in the election proper if he emerges at the primaries.

you re trying to be clever by half. ain't you ?

but the processor in your head is as light as bubu's owngrin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by CilicMarin: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2018
capatainrambo:
if tinubu wasn't opposed to ambode candidature would you and deomelo be attacking ambode ?

I never attacked Ambode neither nor praised him, but spoke my mind which may not even be the position of the larger party community, hence my asking to go for the direct primaries.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by BruncleZuma: 10:54am On Sep 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Standardcosting(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
K
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Bestattitude(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
Though I don't support God-fatherism. But Tinubu rules Lagos. So, Ambo. must be loyal to him.
I still stand with Ambode.

I sell home and office furnitures.
Office chair and table, dinning set, center table, tv stand, bar stool, workstation etc. Call or Whatsapp on 08165618646.
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Olukat(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
Who accepts direct primary elections with Tinubu as the god father.
With the level of blindness in Lagos politics indirect election could help the governor sad

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by thunder74(m): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
It is not about direct or indirect primary, it is where the god of bourdilon asks them to cast their votes. Tinubu's voice and vote is stronger than the voices and votes of over 5Million APC members in Lagos.
Like I said somewhere, you can't be a loyal APC member unless you are ready to keep saying "Baba sọ pe".

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Lubebay: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2018
grin
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by smarleybiz(m): 10:56am On Sep 15, 2018
My mission here is jex to b reading comments... I know der r pple wit same mission... #CRA ask if u don't know d meaning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by MrGreenMavro: 10:56am On Sep 15, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by oshe11: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode is a FOOLISH kid who doesnt wanna GROW UP

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by id911(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:

I never attacked Ambode neither nor praised him, but spoke my mind which may not even be the position of the larger party community, hence my asking to go for the direct primaries.

Today you're CilicMarin, tomorrow you're NgeneKweunu, next you're deomelo, another day you're IkpuNu...

Do you think all of us here are dummies?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Sharpshooota: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
Forget this confused party and their thieving godfathers

Vote for Otedola
The man to take Lagos to the next level

He did it with his business
He will make Lagos his business come 2019

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Throwback: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
FarahAideed:

A direct primary has no preselected delegates.

It is the registered party members that will vote at the ward level all over the state since it is for a statewide position.

So if indeed Ambode losses a direct primary, it is because his own party members rejected him.

That is the best of democracy.

If you still claim it is Tinubu's doing, then it only underscores how powerful and well rooted Tinubu is to the grass.

I however do not subscribe to Ambode selling his soul to have the blessings of Tinubu. He should brace it like a man. If he losses, so be it, the party made a democratic choice.

As for Tinubu, he would be making a fatal gamble if he opts to sideline Ambode because he wants more control over the governance of Lagos state. Ambode may not be popular with the APC party members, but he is popular with the Lagos electorate.

The lesson in all these is that if you are a lackey, you will always stay a lackey. Ambode was a nobody when he was "imposed" by Tinubu, hence his inability to succeed in a test of popularity within the party via direct primary 4yrs later.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by northvietnam(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
yes.. let tinubu change him ASAP..

TINUBU 20 vs 19 (Northern version)
Woe unto you that disobeys your God father

TINUBU 20 vs 18- 19 (western version)
verse 18
thou shall not be disloyal to your personal Lord and Savior The jagaban of Lagos state

verse 19
for he has that brought you out of Egypt(poverty) to promise land(lagos state Government house) has the power to return you to Egypt

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by millionboi2: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
Lol
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by patogist: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
I really like Nigerian politics a lot where stupid people that thinks they are God will endorse someone as their representative.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Sanchez01: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
modath:

Ambode has his own support group and it was among Tinubu's grievance, other than the overhauling of some Agencies birthed during Tinubu's era.

Unfortunately, the Mandate Group still calls the shot in Lagos' politics.

Fashola never supported Ambode but he was Tinubu's choice then. We all know this for a fact. I wonder why you guys are now back tracking on this.

Ambode hasn't done well with the template he met on ground. Other than that, he has done no wrong.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by moufan: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
very fooolish question.
everybody knows tinubu controls the party
regardless,ambode will win reelection irrespective of the party he belongs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Not Aware Of Jonathan’s N21Billion Donation - Nigeria Police / Borno APC Chairman, Lawmakers Scale Fence For Refusing To Pay Hired Thugs / Buhari Backs Governor Mohammed Abubakar To Sue INEC Over Bauchi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.