Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? (19980 Views)

2019 Is Near, Focus On Defeating Atiku, While I Focus On Supporting Him, Obj / Is Ambode No Longer Loyal To Tinubu And APC? / Is Ambode Paying For The Sin Committed By His Wife? - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Righteousness89(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
As it looks Presently the Direct Primaries would be similar to a Scam in Lagos due to a lot of factors.. Mainly time..
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Akolawole(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2018
FarahAideed:
You and I know the all the delegates that will attend the direct primaries all receive their nomination and instruction from tinubus sitting room in Bourdillon..

Nonsense!

Do you know how many votes Hamzato got in the last primary.

If it's money, Ambode still have a deep pocket that anyone. Why can't he just go for primary? Afterall, he was just an ordinary member of the party when he was handpicked the other time.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2018
Ambode has no political weight.

Thats why in Politics its always cool to start from the scratch from LG chairman to House of Reps to Senate to Governor. The gradual process will build a perfect polical emoire for you.

Ambode was hand picked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by xemutukona: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2018
he cant be
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by emerged01(m): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2018
modath:

This is where he has a problem, he doesn't have a support group, he has alienated them all... Naija politics is one of patronage & it makes sense to never lose grassrooot support...

Babatunde Fashola was vehemently opposed to his emergence but same foot soldiers were the ones that got him into office.

Taking the PSP thing to Visionscape makes zero sense, Lagos is dirty & he lost goodwill, wonder what came over him...

I however believe they will sort themselves out soon...

Eko o ni baje, o baje ti. cool

Scrapping PSP is one of the problems of Ambode. Psp agents are one of the foot soldiers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by oyejideogunjumo: 11:02am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:
I don't understand this issue of everybody begging Tinubu to back Ambode..is Tinubu God? As a sitting governor, I don't expect Ambode to be begging for support, but rather have his own support group who should be able to deliver him in the forthcoming primaries.

We cannot be accusing Tinubu of imposition and at the sg him to impose Ambode on others. Moreover the former governor has only 1 Vote.

Nigeria politics has not grown to that level. You need somebody to showcase you. Democracy is a foreign and strange plant here. Your works and worth alone can not sell you. It has been with us since beginning.You either belong to Awooo group or Zik group or Saudana group. Till date they still use the names of those people to sell themselves though some of them were still small when they were alive
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Akolawole(m): 11:04am On Sep 15, 2018
moufan:
ambode will win reelection irrespective of the party he belongs

Ambode won't be stupid like Bucknor Akerele, Obanikoro, Femi Pedro.
They are so gentle now.

Elected officers always forget the foot soldiers until they need them again.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by chiefkpokp(m): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2018
hmmm politician!
modath:

This is where he has a problem, he doesn't have a support group, he has alienated them all... Naija politics is one of patronage & it makes sense to never lose grassrooot support...

Babatunde Fashola was vehemently opposed to his emergence but same foot soldiers were the ones that got him into office.

Taking the PSP thing to Visionscape makes zero sense, Lagos is dirty & he lost goodwill, wonder what came over him...

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by AngelicBeing: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2018
modath:

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by holuphisayor(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Thats why in Politics its always cool to start from the scratch from LG chairman to House of Reps to Senate to Governor. The gradual process will build a perfect polical emoire for you.

Ambode was hand picked
That's true . the same way kogi governor was handpicked.
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by murmee: 11:08am On Sep 15, 2018
FarahAideed:
You and I know the all the delegates that will attend the direct primaries all receive their nomination and instruction from tinubus sitting room in Bourdillon..
Exactly!
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:
I don't understand this issue of everybody begging Tinubu to back Ambode..is Tinubu God? As a sitting governor, I don't expect Ambode to be begging for support, but rather have his own support group who should be able to deliver him in the forthcoming primaries.

We cannot be accusing Tinubu of imposition and at the same time asking him to impose Ambode on others. Moreover the former governor has only 1 Vote.

Op it seems u are a daft in politics.
Firstly ambode first loose guard was to allow Tinubu direct primaries scale which he knows was targeted at him....and wen he realises he couldn't stop the direct primary....the first for him to do was to stylishly disslove all LG chairmen which are Tinubu core loyalist or atleast sack upto 35 of them and put his core loyalist for grass root mobilisation.....if u understand politics well....

Secondly as of now and tinubus men in control of party structure after congress....since he allowed tinubu put his men....ambode can only win through indirect primaries - why- he can easily buy those delegates coz he has the money and govt under his control....meanwhile tinubu sensing such opted for direct primaries where all members mostly aggrieved ones who now control the party and it's members will now vote coz money can't work easily here...so with instructions from these party heads the candidates will just vote sanwolu in primaries cos ambode don't have a structure to control....

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by oluboom(m): 11:11am On Sep 15, 2018
its bcuz ambode knows himself that if not that tinubu imposed him in 2015, he wouldn't have won

1 Like

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by braining01: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2018
U complain of imposition, he says we should go on direct primaries! What's una problem? Isn't indirect primaries a system where delegates takes instruction from party leadership to vote in a particular candidates? There, delegates are buyable and easy to manipulate. Why is Ambode afraid? I tot non Lagosian are praising him, he should go and test popularity na! Anyone who gets APC ticket wins.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Drakkernoir: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2018
A lot of people fail to understand how politics works in this part of the world.

Every sector of this country has its own structure.

There are the NURTW, the MARKET MEN AND WOMEN, the CIVIL SERVICE.

there is also the elite.

Now all these bodies have heads and voices they answer to. So if for example the head of nurtw says, vote APC, then the foot soldiers have no choice bit to obey.

The only sector that votes based on works is the elite class and 70% of these don't even have PVCs,even if they had, they won't be bothered about standing in the sun to vote.

Now, in Ambode's defence, when u want to change an existing system, u definitely will step on toes.. Strong ones.. Toes that made him who is his.

Now the difference BTW Ambode and Tinubu is that the latter relates with all kinds of people, his fellowship base is soo strong and that's because he has open hands. Ambo on the other hand decided to raise his shoulders and mix with only the high and mighty.

Forget it, with Tinubu in control of the Nurtw, market men and women and even the civil service, no one can dictate more than him in that state.

Fasola also stepped on toes in the run up to his second term, destroyed peoples lively hood for development, but his Godfather played the politics for him behind the scene

Its repeating itself, but in Ambodes case, he seems to be alone

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Babs91: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2018
Do you think you are in America? This Nigeria my man.
CilicMarin:

We cannot be accusing Tinubu of imposition and at the same time asking him to impose Ambode on others. Moreover the former governor has only 1 Vote.

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by begugal: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2018
hes not!
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:

Thirdly since ambode has no structure in apc through congress and all LG chairmen are tinubu appointed....how will he win?
Highest is for him to resort to begging......coz he allowed himself not to have at least 30 to 45% input in party structure....

My dear he has to beg coz all odds are against him.....he can't win in direct primary with tinubus stance now unless he tinubu soft pedals....coz ambode has. No structure....his commissioners are just worthless.....they are not grass root.

Final option for him if he loses primary he may decamp and may or may not win Base on the goodwill he enjoys in lagos state....still don't forget federal might against him....if he tries such.

And lastly if fashola is not in good terms with tinubu....it can work to ambodes advantage.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by OmoEpe(m): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2018
FarahAideed:

Stop displaying gross ignorance no delegate will vote in direct primaries. All party members will vote, voting by delegates is indirect primaries which APC has rejected.
Summary of this is that Ambode will face hundreds of thousands card carrying members of the party across the states.
UNDERSTAND?

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by murmee: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2018
modath:

We have not seen the PSP waste collectors in our street for the past 2 months. The street is now an embarrassment to the residents. I really wonder why Ambode decided to mess up such an efficient workforce. They were collecting our waste once a week without fail before the Governor messed things up. For how long are we going to wait before things are normalised!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Kollins01: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2018
If the party is towing the path of direct primary which is best for democracy and Tinubu not anointing or in support of a particular candidate. It should be a plus to Ambode being an incumbent governor.

It’s time to test his political weight after assuming office before party members if truly he has done well across board not relying on being anointed this time around.

No to consensus and anointed candidates.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by murmee: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2018
CilicMarin:

Okay! It is getting clearer now. So he is going to lose if he stands for the primaries, owing to lack of influence on the party members?
YES!

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Kingjames(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2018
....Moreover the former governor has only 1 Vote.

Wrong!

that's were you got it wrong bro

one vote ...I mean one single of jagaban can deliver south west for buhari-let alone Ambo.

heheheh I laughs in Chinese

1 Like

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Realdeals(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2018
The truth is that Ambode is building political base to unsurp Tinubu power, he was favoring his base which are not strong enough, to the detriment of other party members.
In direct primaries Ambode cannot win.
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Exponental(m): 11:26am On Sep 15, 2018
Before nko? He cannot overpower his godfather. Godfather has so many zombies behind him who will vote during the primaries.
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Btruth: 11:27am On Sep 15, 2018
Andhominem:

Thank you.
If only Ambode could run as an independent.
more like it for him to have his way, or rather let him decamp to another party to seek for their ticket before it is too late.
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Throwback:

A direct primary has no preselected delegates.

It is the registered party members that will vote at the ward level all over the state since it is for a statewide position.

So if indeed Ambode losses a direct primary, it is because his own party members rejected him.

That is the best of democracy.

If you still claim it is Tinubu's doing, then it only underscores how powerful and well rooted Tinubu is to the grass.

I however do not subscribe to Ambode selling his soul to have the blessings of Tinubu. He should brace it like a man. If he losses, so be it, the party made a democratic choice.

As for Tinubu, he would be making a fatal gamble if he opts to sideline Ambode because he wants more control over the governance of Lagos state. Ambode may not be popular with the APC party members, but he is popular with the Lagos electorate.

The lesson in all these is that if you are a lackey, you will always stay a lackey. Ambode was a nobody when he was "imposed" by Tinubu, hence his inability to succeed in a test of popularity within the party via direct primary 4yrs later.

Who told you ambode is popular with Lagos electorate, with what am seeing(dirty, traffic etc) on d Street of Lagos on dailybasis,u don't even know what we r going tru

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by wikoxa: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Andhominem:

Thank you.
If only Ambode could run as an independent.

WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT TRAINING – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

Build A Job-Ready Career As Website Developer. Learn to Create Professional & Functional Websites.
Get Tutored and Mentored by Experts who have developed hundreds of Websites, Web/Mobile Apps

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from WEB DEVELOPMENT Experts
- Basics of GRAPHICS DESIGN Training
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by Frankiss44(m): 11:39am On Sep 15, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Ambode was hand picked

Did Buhari start from the scratch like you said to gain this godlike status he enjoys? Even the so called Tinibu didn't follow this logic of yours
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by arsenal33: 11:41am On Sep 15, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Forget this confused party and their thieving godfathers

Vote for Otedola
The man to take Lagos to the next level

He did it with his business
He will make Lagos his business come 2019
So no godfathers in PDP?
Re: 2019: Is Ambode Afraid Of Direct Primaries? by TundeHashim(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2018
OP things are more complicated than you think. I have lived in Lagos for a huge part of my life and I can authoritatively say some things about their politics. Besides, I have friends from Lagos and whose families are into politics.
First of all, All politics is Local and Ambode made a very big mistake. Probably because he was an auditor for Badagry LG, be knew where the loopholes are in the Local Government and where the LG chiefs are getting their pay. On becoming governor, he blocked ALL the avenues for making money by the LG. For example, he took all the money meant for capital projects by the LG and he executed it on their behalf. In he 20 LG and the 37 LCDA in Lagos state, he constructed two roads. This infuriated the LG chiefs because executing projects is one of the means of getting money. As such, they're vexed.

Also, most of these LG chairmen were put there by the Godfathers in their area. So since they were unable to generate returns for themselves, how could they possibly grease the arm of their pay masters thus annoying the "Party Elders".

Finally, The APC in Lagos is factionalized with various groups. The Mandate Group has been the dominant group since the inception of AD and it controls close to 3/4th of the membership of APC in Lagos. The leaders of this group is fiercely loyal to Tinubu. So be it as it may, Tinubu holds the balls of the APC.

And for those advising Ambode to defect. That'll be his undoing. Apart from the fact that Tinubu has invested in the media, the APC controls the Federal Government. All the LG chairmen are in APC and these guys are the ones that influence election. Almost all the thugs in Lagos belong to Tinubu camp. The traditional institutions and all is sympathetic to Tinubu. I doubt if he will ever survive it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Bars APC From Submitting Delta Candidates List To INEC / Sanwo-olu, Osinbajo Attend Nomthi Odukoya’s Night Of Tributes (Photos) / Deleting Priority Projects Of A Govt Is An Economic Crime - Wole Solanke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.