Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month (26798 Views)

Laolu Akande Speaks On How Presidency Is Tackling Economy / How Presidency Queried NEMA DG Over Fraud, Embezzlement (PHOTOS) / Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Chinny024(f): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
You buy market for your self... Go sell am... grin cheesy grin

Meanwhile.. Please vote for my husband 2019...

Engr. Dr..... smiley wink
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2018
2n2k:

The certificate wasn’t procured for her ministerial job. She presented same certificate when she was screened for the post of commissioner in Ogun State in 2011

You are correct. That makes it even sadder. I'm sure if she knew it was forged she wouldn't have used it.

Anyway, she should raise her head high. She served her country diligently and we are proud of her.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Shortyy(f): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2018
dyydxx:

This is a lie. No truth to those stories about Buhari not having a waec certificate. he did swear an affidavit that he lost the original copies of his credentials when he was overthrown and deposed as a Military ruler way back but he could never have risen the ranks in the Nigerian Army back all those years without having the requisite qualifications.

Just think about it, Buhari has powerful enemies, if it was truly true that he never went to any secondary school it would have been used against him and he would never have gotten to where he is now. Be rest assured there are people looking for the smoking gun to really tarnish his image and if there were any truth to those rumors the revelation on his head will pass this premium times own sef.

it's just speculations and insuinuations and rumors. NOT FACT at all. Stop believing rumors.

I'm not believing any rumors Mr man, there are so many men in Nigerian politics with forged certificates, and those with so many cases of corruption, Including your president. But Kemi became the Scape goat cause she's a woman. It always end that way, the woman gets to be thrown away, while the corrupt men's cases are swept under the carpet.

And I'm not saying Kemi shouldn't be punished. But let the punishment be neutral. Not one-sided.

Alright, take care now.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
Roger3D:
I feel really sorry for that woman I tell you. She was very instrumental in reviving back the Nigerian economy back from the recession the Goodluck administration got us into, its just so unfortunate that she had to leave the way she did

I feel bad too but she still has my respect all the same.

I hope she'll be able to recover from this incidence and soar like the eagle.

1 Like

Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by LordAdam: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
dyydxx:

I agree buhari is tribalistic no doubt he is an ethnic bigot but folks should realise for sensitive positions such as chief of staff, SSG and DSS DG you need your own loyalists that you are comfortable with. Those are sensitive key positions

To be fair, that is correct. But he boxed himself into a corner by also appointing more Northern people to other sensitive positions where he could easily have appointed Southerners. That's why the outcry is loud.

Yar'Adua also had Northerners as CoS and DSS DG, but the security structure certainly was not 15 North/2 South. He was irrational with his first selection so he shouldn't complain that people are irrational because he replaced the DSS DG with a Northerner.

I remember when we were saying in 2015 that his appointments were nepostic and you guys were saying it's all about competence. We were seeing the long game, you guys were looking at immediate connotation. People have been saying he should overhaul the security top dogs. Now if he does so and replaces many of them with Southerners to make it fair game, how will his Northern constituents react? Will it be enough to buy him significant political capital in the South? The answers to both questions are "not good" and "no" respectively.

This is what it means to lose goodwill. IMHO, I think Buhari would have performed better if he had won without the help of the hawks he is currently in bed with, but he knew he couldn't win without them so he had to kowtow to them. A good percentage of his incompetence is because of the strange arrangement. For example, he may want to remove Kyari, but who else will fight for his interests like Kyari. And if he removes Kyari, he would have to replace him with someone like Kyari.

I don't pity him, he knew what he was getting into. But he or any of his supporters (including yourself) should not paint the air of innocence about his decisions. Buhari and his handlers hardly act coincidentally. Everything is planned and executed meticulously.

For example, before Daura authorized the DSS invasion of the Nat'l Assembly, Osinbajo had already obtained approval from Buhari (who conveniently traveled out) earlier that day to sack Daura. Now the same Bichi that Daura personally retained to serve with him even though Bichi had retired is the same Bichi that was brought out of retirement to replace Daura. Same thing with Lawal and Boss Mustapha.

Open your eyes. All of these people are billionaires and have been in the corridors of power for decades. They're not kids.

-Lord
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Talknochip(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Shortyy:
I'll keep saying it. In Nigerian politics, women are always the Scape goats.
Sadly true! Probably, it is because the Nigerian system has made women (with the exception of few), coming to political prominence, a 'man' assisted venture! (Mrs Kemi came to prominence through Gov Amosun)
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Frankiss44:

Did she forge the said document or not? The only message it is sending to Nigerians in diaspora is that if u wanna take a political appointment back home make sure u are clean... What u can't try in diaspora don't think it will fly here... This is the information age and Nigerians and Nigeria are not left behind

Her only crimes were ignorance and trust.

She didn't need the job of a commissioner or even minister if she was already working and doing OK in the UK.

That is self evident in the fact that she offered to resign a month ago.

Hate or like her, she has worked hard and diligently for Nigeria.

She should hold her head high.

In previous administrations we heard of billions of dollars taking a stroll out of the CBN. Not under Kemi.

She's made a mistake, but we are proud of her all the same.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
tiredoflife:

I guess she also advised buhari who shared $328m abacha loot and went to China to borrow $320m
What a smart woman u worship

I'm sure you'd prefer to worship the former finance minister who folded her arms while her colleagues dipped their stinky, sticky fingers into the nation's Treasury and helped themselves to the Commonwealth that belongs to you and me.

You are really tired of life. Maybe if Okonjo had done a terrific job as prime minister maybe you'll have a little more hope and be a little less tired of life.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by dyydxx: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
Shortyy:

I'm not believing any rumors Mr man, there are so many men in Nigerian politics with forged certificates, and those with so many cases of corruption, Including your president. But Kemi became the Scape goat cause she's a woman. It always end that way, the woman gets to be thrown away, while the corrupt men's cases are swept under the carpet.

And I'm not saying Kemi shouldn't be punished. But let the punishment be neutral. Not one-sided.

Alright, take care now.

As regards this specific purported accusation that Buhari has no WAEC certificate, that one is a categorical LIE. There might be other acts of corruption he is spearheading, if anybody has Concrete evidence of that I'm sure Premuim times or PDP will gladly take that case up. I'm not even saying he is Mr Integrity but the allegation he had no WAEC certificate is totally false.

As for Kemi, her position was untenable because it was Concrete very glaring evidence of forgery trumpeted openly by online media with hard cold facts. Nobody can survive that kind of scrutiny in this era where things have changed. There was no more hiding place. Do you think she didn't try to pull strings too? it's just can't be defended. I'm aware of many Nigerian men in politics with fake credentials but since the search light hasn't been beam on them yet they will continue to get away with it until the day of reckoning comes. Na turn by turn
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by dyydxx: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2018
LordAdam:

To be fair, that is correct. But he boxed himself into a corner by also appointing more Northern people to other sensitive positions where he could easily have appointed Southerners. That's why the outcry is loud.

Yar'Adua also had Northerners as CoS and DSS DG, but the security structure certainly was not 15 North/2 South. He was irrational with his first selection so he shouldn't complain that people are irrational because he replaced the DSS DG with a Northerner.

I remember when we were saying in 2015 that his appointments were nepostic and you guys were saying it's all about competence. We were seeing the long game, you guys were looking at immediate connotation. People have been saying he should overhaul the security top dogs. Now if he does so and replaces many of them with Southerners to make it fair game, how will his Northern constituents react? Will it be enough to buy him significant political capital in the South? The answers to both questions are "not good" and "no" respectively.

This is what it means to lose goodwill. IMHO, I think Buhari would have performed better if he had won without the help of the hawks he is currently in bed with, but he knew he couldn't win without them so he had to kowtow to them. A good percentage of his incompetence is because of the strange arrangement. For example, he may want to remove Kyari, but who else will fight for his interests like Kyari. And if he removes Kyari, he would have to replace him with someone like Kyari.

I don't pity him, he knew what he was getting into. But he or any of his supporters (including yourself) should not paint the air of innocence about his decisions. Buhari and his handlers hardly act coincidentally. Everything is planned and executed meticulously.

For example, before Daura authorized the DSS invasion of the Nat'l Assembly, Osinbajo had already obtained approval from Buhari (who conveniently traveled out) earlier that day to sack Daura. Now the same Bichi that Daura personally retained to serve with him even though Bichi had retired is the same Bichi that was brought out of retirement to replace Daura. Same thing with Lawal and Boss Mustapha.

Open your eyes. All of these people are billionaires and have been in the corridors of power for decades. They're not kids.

-Lord

You're right. I agree with your write-up
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
Even when your President doesn't have a NEPA bill. Nawa
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by SimonMagau: 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
tongue
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by bender79: 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
TheABOMINATION:

The women are simply easy targets.

The one who used Premium times to target her knew they won't succeed if the go after Ameichi, Ingige and the other members of Buhari Carbinet that has not just skeletons but pile of corpses in their closet.
she is politically naive if not, she would have tidied that end. When going into politics one has to be very careful.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by orisa37: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2018
Dangote/Osinbajo for merged Parties' Candidate.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by arabbunkum: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2018
Trash
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by positivethought: 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by orisa37: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
That Globe trotting Binocular will die when I frudstrate Osinbajo to resign.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by orisa37: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ignorance is no excuse in a law Court and before The Lord God but not before Incompetent and tribalistic Leaders, for such leaders are ignorant too.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Righteousness89(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2018
pacificom:

Nigerian need incorruptible individuals especially from diaspora, not a clean NYSC Cert from a corrupt heart.
Perhaps they should replace her with Bro Dino Melayi or Dr. Bukola Saraki who knows how to lavish taxpayers money on luxury.
What u are saying bro holds no water...
Many Graduates in Diaspora come down for the NYSC program... I am also in Diaspora..

Secondly there are Exemptions given .. you must not have a NYSC Certificate to work for Nigeria... Instead of Forging, Wat stops her from getting Exemption or not submitting an NYSC certificate at all...

The Crime Here is Forgery it seems you guys don't know what Forgery is!!
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by Uzosaint(m): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2018
Everything abt this regime is sick,nepotism and corruption of d highest magnitude ,fromethe head to the feet,everything about it sucks.
Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by pacificom: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
Righteousness89:
What u are saying bro holds no water...
Many Graduates in Diaspora come down for the NYSC program... I am also in Diaspora..

Secondly there are Exemptions given .. you must not have a NYSC Certificate to work for Nigeria... Instead of Forging, Wat stops her from getting Exemption or not submitting an NYSC certificate at all...

The Crime Here is Forgery it seems you guys don't know what Forgery is!!

You are very right with your point. The crux of the matter is that we have lots of other politicians holding offices who are guilty of more serious scandals and yet they are still taking a stand. Kemi Adeosun's case was exceptionally taken up amidst those more serious ones. Yes! this will be a lesson to others who might be conspiring similar offence in future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month by slimdamatrix1(m): 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
I still maintain that this government is an absolute joke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gtbank Documents Show How Saraki Transferred $3 Million To U.S. / Arrested Boko Haram Member Planned To Launch Bomb Attack In Ondo (photos) / Yola Blast’s Dead Toll Hits 70, Poly Loses Four Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.