Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

South Africa To Be Renamed Azania - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa To Be Renamed Azania (715 Views)

Ukraine Plans Diplomatic Push For Africa, To Open 10 New Embassies / Africa To Trump: Who's A Sh**thole Now? / Japanese Deputy Prime Minister Says WHO Should Be Renamed China Health Organizat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by YAHREIGNS: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2018
When Malema through EFF takes over government.

Its about time we started discarding our colonisers names. Names are destinies and African identity confusion is partly because since the white man renamed us, we became what he told us we were. That curse of the white man has now come to an end. As we take back our land (and everything in it) let's not forget to give him back his names ...

I wonder what lake Victoria (named so after a british explorer "discovered it"wink will be called. The Luhya of western kenya call it "Mumbo".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvKqA6d3R_w

4 Likes

Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2018
YAHREIGNS:
When Malema through EFF takes over government.

Its about time we started discarding our colonisers names. Names are destinies and African identity confusion is partly because since the white man renamed us, we became what he told us we were. That curse of the white man has now come to an end. As we take back our land (and everything in it) let's not forget to give him back his names ...

I wonder what lake Victoria (named so after a british explorer "discovered it"wink will be called. The Luhya of western kenya call it "Mumbo".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvKqA6d3R_w
I love the simplicity yet the complexity of the highlighted, Quite apt

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by panafrican(m): 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
Great .
The Gold Coast became Ghana after independence.
Then Rhodesia ( South, East, West, North whatever)
became Zimbabwe.
In Chad, Fort Lamy ( the capital) became Ndjamena.
The cultural shift should continue.
Countries like Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon etc. should also change their names.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
panafrican:
Great .
The Gold Coast became Ghana after independence.
Then Rhodesia ( South, East, West, North whatever)
became Zimbabwe.
In Chad, Fort Lamy ( the capital) became Ndjanema.
The cultural shift should continue.
Countries like Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon etc. should also change their names.

What about nigger area , when will we consider changing this disgraceful name?

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by panafrican(m): 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
Runalong333:

What about nigger area , when will we consider changing this disgraceful name?

It is Nigeria bro.

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
panafrican:

It is Nigeria bro.

Yes , my bad, but when are we changing that name ,?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by YAHREIGNS: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2018
Runalong333:

Yes , my bad, but when are we changing that name ,?
My thoughts too. What was the first (pre colonial) name? Is it Nok?
Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 16, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

My thoughts too. What was the first (pre colonial) name? Is it Nok?

I think so bro. We are busy celebrating or criticising others changing colonial names, and changing the way colonialists structured their countries but we are not taking any action in changing this British creation we call a country angry. No wonder we are always at the bottom of progressive things in the continent and on top of every useless and evil lists sad.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Be Renamed Azania by YAHREIGNS: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
Runalong333:

I think so bro. We are busy celebrating or criticising others changing colonial names, and changing the way colonialists structured their countries but we are not taking any action in changing this British creation we call a country angry. No wonder we are always at the bottom of progressive things in the continent and on top of every useless and evil lists sad.

True

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Asia-africa Growth Corridor / Breaking News; See How FBI Can Unlock Your Phone And Track Your Movements / What Would A Us-iran Conflict Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.