Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

American Tennis Player Christian Harrison, 24, Undergoes Eighth Surgery - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / American Tennis Player Christian Harrison, 24, Undergoes Eighth Surgery (250 Views)

Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR / Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award / Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

American Tennis Player Christian Harrison, 24, Undergoes Eighth Surgery by Sutured: 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2018
American tennis player Christian Harrison has undergone a surgery. It was the surgery No. 8 for the 24-year-old American. Harrison’s career was in jeopardy a couple of years ago as he underwent seven surgeries between 2009 and 2015.

Back then, the American was in a dark place but refused to quit the game. However, the 24-year-old has avoided a major setback this time. Harrison, ranked at No. 238 in the world, underlined that his latest injury was a non-tennis injury.

The 24-year-old last played in the US Open men’s qualifying event — where he lost in the second round. “Surgery No. 8. (It was a) non-tennis injury — just a bit of bad luck having a bone problem with my femur. Having many before I tried everything to avoid this one, unfortunately wasn’t able to. This should be one of my easier recoveries if all goes well. Thanks to my family and friends for all the support. You guys always keep me motivated to make it back,” Harrison said in an Instagram post.

Harrison has managed to avoid major injuries and major setbacks since returning to the tour in 2015. The 24-year-old has had a solid season so far as he made it past the Wimbledon qualifying event to make his Wimbledon debut.

The American was bidding to make an upset in his Wimbledon debut but fell short to 2014 US Open runner-up Kei Nishikori in the first round after four sets of battle. Harrison also achieved his career-high ranking of No.198 in the world this past July.

More>> http://sutured.com/american-tennis-player-christian-harrison-24-undergoes-eighth-surgery/

(1) (Reply)

Okezie Victor Ikpeazu Victory Football Tournament Flagged Off In Nsulu / “you Don’t Build Tenacity, Work Ethic, A Lot Of Stuff Without Failing” – Serena / NFF President, Amaju Pinnick Elected For Another Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.