Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians (5093 Views)

No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI / Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Omolulu(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
OAM4J:

The question is why is 'the whole world' more troubled/disturbed about Nigeria corruption than the Nigerians?

I guess this is the answer you want
Now that you and 'the whole world' have an answer; Can you now leave Nigeria/Nigerians alone to solve their big corruption problems while you nurse your little problems?

best answer, it's quite irritating these Nigerian wannabe's cant do without leaving nairaland/ nigeria related topics or once,

Deep Soul:

^^I'm wondering what you are doing here on Nairaland with 1,412 posts

Taking lessons on corruption??

he cant help it, he surely is not enjoying RSA
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by RSA(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2010
I was just mentioning the obvious to Kenyaman.It is not the issue anymore,it's normal.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by seanet02: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2010
@rsa, is this what you are trained to do? To useless a whole country, wonder why you cant find a forum like this in your country, you have your own problems there too, wonder why i use a lower case for your username? Yes that is what racists like you slowpoke desertei.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by RSA(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2010
seanet02:

@rsa, is this what you are trained to do? To useless a whole country, wonder why you cant find a forum like this in your country, you have your own problems there too, wonder why i use a lower case for your username? Yes that is what racists like you slowpoke desertei.

Please let us not divert from the topic,Kenyaman says Nigerians are more corrupt than any other nation in the world and I second him for obvious resean,and beside it is a poorly kept secret if it is,and I don't hear you arguing other wise except attacking me and calling me names.Yes you are right SA is boring there is not much to talk about other than good things we do cool like hosting a succesful world cup? cool.But if I want misery,pain,ethnic division,hate,corruption and people boasting about absolutely nothing then this is the perfect place.Forgive me you should understand,that in my country Zulus and Xhosa are not hating each other like Hausa and Igbhos.I love it here.Ting ting round two grin
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by seanet02: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2010
@rsa, better carry your stupidity to your country, as corrupt as we are, we are not homosexuals like you people over there. Have you ever seen the driver of a sitting president bang and impregnate the presidents wife, it can only happen in south africa.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by DeepSoul(f): 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2010
RSA you are just one very bored individual.  grin
If you are this bored even with the World Cup going on at your backyard, I wonder how life is for you on a normal day.
Don't worry, we Nigerians are pretty large hearted  smiley

You can come here for free ANYTIME to spice up your boring life.
No charges. Absolutely free. I mean, what are brothers and sisters for  wink
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 1:46am On Jul 09, 2010
RSA. First and foremost, I am not in your forum because I am bored. I am here to get to the bottom of a deep troubling issue in the continent of Africa: Corruption. The issues regarding genda as a way to divert the focus of the issue at hand.

In brief, it is femininity that appeals to a man and masculinity that appeals to a woman. I believwe in the biological family, father, mother and child(ren). It is the only vehicle of procreation and none- other vehicle interests me. Thus if you have a Yoruba, Igbo, Tivu, Hausa-fulani sister, I will be ready to seduce her for a genuine relationship. It can be a way of me eating fufu.

This also may open the get for me to be in the commonwealth of nations where I can deal with this continental issue of corruption

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 1:57am On Jul 09, 2010
Omolulu,

The question of corruption in Africa is central in the minds of all of us, not because Nigeria is more corrupt than the rest of Africa, but because many times we have looked to our own countries for solutions. My interest in Nigeria is not for the corruption, but for the great ideas I believe I can ac-certain from Nigerians.

The eye witness information from my sources(Nigerians) speaking about their own nation appears very negative. I want to hear from you. Is it the case than Nigerians a more corrupt than the rest of Africa? Perhaps not the case. Why then are Nigerians so negative at times about their own nation? Is there some truth in this? Thus what being inside the nation can clarify.

Yoruba man, tell me your views about corruption in Nigeria, Kenya etc, I am interested in this research and solutions.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 2:09am On Jul 09, 2010
Seanate02,

I am amazed at the limitted nature of your vocabulary. I think to trivialize the magnitude of such a huge problem in the continent of Africa for cheap shots on insults explains why our continent is not resolving issues rationally. Can you sit in a chair as an ambassador of the continent in looking for ways and means to get ride of corruption?

Is rational thinking too much for you to deal with?

kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 2:16am On Jul 09, 2010
Deepsoul,

I am in a mission sister. I am here to investigate, examine thoroughly the issue that appears to pre-occupy many Nigerians. The issue that corruption is rampent in Nigeria than in any other place in Africa. If these voices of lamentation are credible, then what can we do to get ride of this vise in the continent of Africa?

kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by RSA(m): 9:38am On Jul 09, 2010
Deep Soul:

RSA you are just one very bored individual.  grin
If you are this bored even with the World Cup going on at your backyard, I wonder how life is for you on a normal day.
Don't worry, we Nigerians are pretty large hearted  smiley
You can come here for free ANYTIME to spice up your boring life.
No charges. Absolutely free. I mean, what are brothers and sisters for  wink

Thanks for the offer Sis,I'll take it grin

seanet02:

@rsa, better carry your stupidity to your country, as corrupt as we are, we are not homosexuals like you people over there. Have you ever seen the driver of a sitting president bang and impregnate the presidents wife, it can only happen in south africa.

Our constitution say every citizen have the right to practice the religion of their choice freely without being prosecuted,every citizen have the right to practice their culture or beliefs freely.Our country stand for human rights and freedom.Mnadela and Co spend all their lives in Prison fight for this,Steven Biko,Chris Hnai and millions of black South Africans died for this course.We fought for freedom for all,and no citizen will ever be oppressed by the one because of their colour,creed,sex ,religion or culture.That is what South Africa stand for,Freedom.Gays and Lesbians are accepted in our communities,they are South Africans and we respect their choices.

Regarding Zuma,I am not his spokesperson but I can tell you that the body gaurd story is just a rumour that tabloits came up with,so I don't take them seriously.Newspaper too have a freedom of expression and they can write whatever they like without being prosecuted.So I am sorry to disassapoin you.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by seanet02: 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2010
@rsa, thats because you are demons over there, gays, lesbians and all anti human people. Prepare for Gods anger.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Gbawe: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2010
OAM4J:

Now that you and 'the whole world' have an answer; Can you now leave Nigeria/Nigerians alone to solve their big corruption problems while you nurse your little problems?

They can't !!! The problem for most non-Nigerian Africans , even as they will never admit so , is that encounters with Nigerians , on a one-to-one basis, has left them feeling vastly inferior. From that point on they become hate groupies of Nigeria and Nigerians. The only way they can feel good about themselves after 'encountering' Nigerians is to attempt to use some discredited credentials about Nigeria to define every Nigerian even when they know this is far, far from the truth. It is now common for many non-Nigerians to casually refer to Nigerians as "armed robber" when , in reality, and for example , some are just venting spleen at the impressive Nigerian they met earlier who casually sauntered into a management job they have been dreaming of for years but never had the talent or confidence to go after.

If I have not travelled the length and width of the Universe to witness Nigerians in top, enviable and laudable positions I might be mildly amused at how some folks feel good only when highlighting the negatives about Nigeria and Nigerians as if that is all we are about.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 3:16am On Jul 10, 2010
Omolulu,

You are rather too sensitive to Nigeria than to the real problem corruption that is rampent all over Africa. What brings me to the forum is the collective wisdom of the African minds to solve our own problems in the continent of Africa. You are not off the hook yet.

Join me, join us in the collective wisdom of the commonwealth of African nations to get ride of the evil corruption that is dragging all of us down. Whether we are innocent or guilty, the fact that we are in this continent and the world public relation is painting us as corrupt is an issue you OMOLULU must seek a solution for whether your nation like my nation may be corrupt at the top end, middle or any where else in the pendulum.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 3:37am On Jul 10, 2010
Gbawe,

My experience with the Nigerians I have met has been very positive. They are very hardworking just like everybody else I know in the other African nations. They are family men, women, sons, daughter, professionals, laborers, religious, pagan etc.

The abasement of one people over the other is a fundamental reason why our people(Africans) fail to focus on what is at stake. This is not a question of inferiority complex. It is a question of shifting the blame of our problems to other people.

It is now over 60 years since independence, yet you will hear scholars, religious leaders, laymen, people of all works of life defend their incompetence by SHIFTING THE BLAME OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH AFRICA TO THE COLONIAL REGIMES. When does the African become responsible to his/her own country problems.

Could it be the case that since Independence we have suffered brain drain and we need to have our governments pay better wages to our educated this way we may retain the talent we are missing? Can it be possible that the corruption in our own nations have made it less appealling for our educated lot and we must fix this back door window?

Why are we not able to tackle this corruption? I am here to learn from the collective wisdom, not to instruct, though instruction may equally happen, but to gather the facts and hopefully redirect the wasted energy on mistaken targets.

kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by OAM4J: 4:10am On Jul 10, 2010
kenyaman:

Gbawe,

My experience with the Nigerians I have met has been very positive. They are very hardworking just like everybody else I know in the other African nations. They are family men, women, sons, daughter, professionals, laborers, religious, pagan etc.

The abasement of one people over the other is a fundamental reason why our people(Africans) fail to focus on what is at stake. This is not a question of inferiority complex. It is a question of shifting the blame of our problems to other people.

It is now over 60 years since independence, yet you will hear scholars, religious leaders, laymen, people of all works of life defend their incompetence by SHIFTING THE BLAME OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH AFRICA TO THE COLONIAL REGIMES. When does the African become responsible to his/her own country problems.

Could it be the case that since Independence we have suffered brain drain and we need to have our governments pay better wages to our educated this way we may retain the talent we are missing? Can it be possible that the corruption in our own nations have made it less appealling for our educated lot and we must fix this back door window?

Why are we not able to tackle this corruption? I am here to learn from the collective wisdom, not to instruct, though instruction may equally happen, but to gather the facts and hopefully redirect the wasted energy on mistaken targets.

kenyaman

Now, how does the above post relates to/justifies your opening post and the subject of this thread of yours?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 4:28am On Jul 10, 2010
The initial opening remark was that in a variation, Nigerian politicians are more corrupt than Kenyan politicians. What was not compared in the mix is what you brought regarding hardworking Nigerians as the Evy of all nations. This strictly this, I show a very different foci of Nigerians I know.
Gbawa: I am very sorry to learn that you equated politicians with all other Nigerian professionals here. To that question, my response is genrally positive. In fact I see you as the solution to the political problems not the problem. I beg to differ that you in far the Nigerian as feeling Superior, on the contrary, I can find similar Kenyans who feel very much on top of their world. THUS NO BASIS FOR the variation in corruption.

Whether the corruption is huge or small we must collectively attack it

kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Gbawe: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2010
kenyaman:

I am here to learn from the collective wisdom, not to instruct, though instruction may equally happen, but to gather the facts and hopefully redirect the wasted energy on mistaken targets.

kenyaman

Some of what you have written makes it appear as if you are more interested in character assasination than learning anything:

The authorities tell me that you can not travel by car, truck, or on foot without the fear of being mugged. Streets in all Nigerian major cities are extremely dangerous. People can be asked to alight from public transportation and then lined up on the street to be killed. Is this true or are my Nigerian source authorities wrong?

What I find highly amusing is how non-Nigerians speak with total conviction about the negatives they insist to be happening on the ground in Nigeria when they have never visited the place. We see it on this forum always.

Nigerians , on the other hand , because we are adventurous and ambitious, speak about other African nations factually because we have visited those nations and perhaps even lived/live there.

You then have to ask yourself why non-Nigerians are in a rush to demonise Nigeria when they do not even have the bravery to set foot in Nigeria to see things for themselves. If non-Nigerians are so interested in Nigeria , to the extent of joining our numerous forums online, why then not visit the place so that you can speak with fact instead of bandy hearsay all over the internet? This is why the Chinese are taking over our continent. They are daring economic  travellers who will not be put off by tales of woes told everywhere about Africa .

While the self-hating Nigerian puts down his own country by telling the World how unsafe it is ,thus encouraging those who hate Nigerians already to spout nonsense against us, the Chinese man is in Nigeria and other African Country making a killing.

We should all be discussing earnestly, factually and honestly as citizens of underdeveloped Countries , that should actually be partners rather than competitors, if we know what is good for us in the grand scheme of things. Sadly, it seems most Africans don't know what is good for them.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by seanet02: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2010
@kenyaman, why are you always against Nigerians, what about your kenya mps who just increased their salary to a very large amount, dont forget they are also one of the highest paid just like their Nigerian counterparts, so my advice for retarded ones like you is, go to your country and fight your dubious leaders while we fight our corrupt leaders here. slowpoke.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2010
Seonnet02,

I want to say in the outset, I am never against Nigerians because only a small fraction of Nigerians are politicians. There are millions of Nigerians that are very fine people. Secondly, I did not say that Kenyan politicians are not corrupt. We need you as citizens of the commonwealth of African nations to condemn Kenyan politicians in the strongest worded language as you would Nigerian politicians.

What I am rather talking about is this whole issue of degree of corruption. My Nigerian sources appear to emphasize that Nigerian politicians, NOT CITIZENS, are more corrupt than Kenya politicians. Is this right in your opinion?

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2010
GBawe,

It is very simplisitic to assume that with all the foreign embasies in Nigeria, we lack other African nationalities within Nigeria. On the contrary, airlines ferry people from all works of life into Nigeria on a very deily bais. Just that the Africans visiting do not blow trumpets does not mean there is lack of visita to Nigeria.

I am of the opnion that just as the Nigerian have moved and settled in different parts of the world, so have other Africans. What is vivid is that the same degree of corruption happening within the continent tends to migrate with the various entitties into the western world. I am not sure that Nigerians are the only peopel travelled.

Whether true or false their movement would have NOTHING to do with Nigerian or Kenyan politician corruption. Those who are travelled quite often are not cessarily the problem of our Nations.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by RSA(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2010
seanet02:

@rsa, thats because you are demons over there, gays, lesbians and all anti human people. Prepare for Gods anger.

If we are Demons,where does it leave people of JOS? I personally belief that GOD(that most claim) never get angry,he does not punish,he does not hate,he does not kill but he is GOD of love.who protect,who guide,who understand,care and never make mistakes.
If Caster Semenya(the 800 m champion) is born with a woman private part outside but have men's features internally is it wrong,did God make a mistake?does she have to be punished if she develop feelings for other woman.Please stop pushing you own ignorance and prejudism in the name of God.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Elaineh: 10:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
Kenyaman, what is this thread about? I mean, what exactly is your point? Are you trying to bolster your self-esteem of justify your patriotism? Are you trying to inform Nigerians of a problem of which they are well aware and have been for decades? Help me out, I'm sincerely perplexed about your motives for starting this thread. If you are truly Kenyan (which I suspect you aren't), why not head over to Mashada or some other Kenyan/East African forum and make your case instead of coming to Nairaland where your arguments will certainly not receive a warm reception?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kuntama: 1:35am On Jul 13, 2010
Kenyaman and RS= welcome and it is a pleasure to read your posts.
If you want insights into corruption may I suggest you do not bother with Nairaland. After all, it is populated by Nigerians!
Bullshit and corruption is not limited to politicians.
It is an integral part of the Nigerian ethnicity: ie how you are brought up.
There is no moral compass for Nigerians. We have no moral checkpoints.
Isn't it interesting how a peaceful and logical post quickly descended into a cacaphony of noise, insults and irrational anger?
And this is on the net.
Imagine what it is like to live with that 24/7 multiplied by 100 and you have an idea of the average Nigerian's life.
This is not the right forum for this topic.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 3:54am On Jul 15, 2010
Elianah

I am not assuming that you do not know the degree of Nigerian politician corruption. On the contrary, I am fully aware of your knowledge of the same. Similarly, I am fully aware of the politician corruption in Kenya and the other less corrupt nations like Ghana.

Where I think you may be able to help me and other nations on this is by your candid contribution to constructive solution to our vast politician corruption in our commonwealth of Nations in the Continent of Africa.

What is your own ideas of solution to our politician corruption? This is where you come to contribute. We should be here to show both the west and Africa that we hold the key to solving our own continental problems.

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 4:04am On Jul 15, 2010
Kuntamah,

Your idea that the world should stop facing issues head on because of the magnitude of the issues in a given area, IE Nigeria, or Nairaland forum appears wanting. Here in Niaraland we find the crossroad of the majority of the people in Nigeria who are movers and shakers. It appears to me that from this wide range of minds that visit Nairaland, we can find the collective solution for the Problem of corruption of our politicians in Africa and in our case Nigerian and Kenyan politicians.

Do not give up
Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 4:12am On Jul 15, 2010
Dealing with Corruption in Nigerian, Kenya and in all African countries

Imagine a situation where we the Nations of Africa, shame these politicians whenever they use corruption to raise their own personal interests. Imagine we the commonwealth of Nations writing to the Newspaper editor condemning the corruption of Kenyan politicians in raising their own salaries ahead over the interest of Kenyans?!!! This if done constantly and always by the LOVERS OF DEMOCRACY across the continent could bring about change. "CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN"

Africa post your positive ideas to mold and effect positive Political climate in Africa

Kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Elaineh: 4:30am On Jul 15, 2010
Kenyaman,
If your genuine intent was indeed to compare notes with Nigerians as to how best to tackle the problem of corruption on the African continent, why then did you give your thread the title "Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians" and begin the thread by stating "Why are Nigerian government officials so corrupt,? In my country, Kenya it is surely a fact that they are less corrupt." Would it have been so difficult to entitle it it "Corruption in Africa: How can we rid ourselves of this scourge?" or something of the like? To be honest, reading this thread has made me pretty pissed because your posts smack of self-righteousness, arrogance and perhaps a little resentment. To me, your intention for this thread was never for it to be a calm, intellectual and objective discussion on how Africans as a whole can overcome corruption. Your ulterior motives for starting the discussion were to put down Nigeria, espouse that Kenyans are somehow more morally upright than Nigerians and finally to stir up people's anger. Granted, corruption is a HUGE problem in Nigeria, but who's to say that Kenyan politicians, the Kenyan judiciary, civil servants, etc. would not have been just as corrupt (or worse) if massive reserves of oil had been found there 50 years ago rather than in Nigeria? Do you know for a fact that that would not have been the case? How would you feel if I were to go onto a Kenyan forum and start a thread entitled "There are more serial killers and chronic alcoholics in Kenya than there are in Nigeria"? If you are a true Kenyan you would probably be very angry and  defensive and you would probably wonder what on earth would motivate me to come to a Kenyan forum spouting such, not right?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Elaineh: 4:44am On Jul 15, 2010
@Kuntamah,

You must not be a Nigerian. How can you say that "Bullshit and corruption are an integral part of the Nigerian ethnicity, i.e. - how you are brought up, and that Nigerians have no moral checkpoints or moral compass"? How dare you?! Please, if you're going to put down your country in such a way just make sure to specify that you are speaking for yourself and your experience only and not speaking for a population of 150 million! When non-Nigerians make such dismissive generalisations about Nigeria it infuriates me but when it's a Nigerian speaking that way it just sends me off the wall. I don't know how you were brought up o, but as for me, my parents were a very active moral compass/checkpoint in my life and they still are. From the time I was born, they taught me to denounce dishonesty and they have shaped me into a woman of deep integrity and unshakeable moral principle. And there are many, many Nigerians just like myself it is just that unfortunately, our flawed political system/history has made it near impossible for people like myself to enter the political arena. You of all people should know that our corrupt politicians are not representative of Nigeria as a whole, they are simply put, the scum of the society.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by THEAMAKA(f): 6:07am On Jul 15, 2010
i really hope RSA isn't a [b]BLACK [/b]south African. if so, then he has no room opening his filthy mouth.

kenyaman, please go back to Kenya and focus on your own problems at hand.
Angelina Jolie has done enough to save you people, now stop being lazy and help her out.
wink
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by udezue(m): 6:40am On Jul 15, 2010
Lmao @ Amaka
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 1:32am On Jul 16, 2010
The Amaka

You are commenting but not responding to the issue at hand. We know that most Nigerians will agree with me that politicians in Nigeria are very corrupt than the Kenyan Politicians. Having said all this which is supported by by Nigerian sources, I am quick to say that Kenyan politicians are also corrupt though in variation of degree.

The question we must address is:

What can we the citizens of the African commonwealth of Nations do?

Kenyaman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Describe Boko Haram In 2 Words. / A Major Leader Of The Opposition Party Will Fall Sick And Die.....tb Joshua / Can Anyone Counter Nnamdi Kanu's Narrative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.