Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos (1015 Views)

I Disguised As Beggar To Teach Christians Kindness – Fr Thaddeus Ilechukwu / Pastor Juanita Bynum Charges Members $1,499 To Teach Them How To Pray / Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 5:18am On Sep 16, 2018
Creflo Dollar was somewhere in Lagos last week, among other preachers....I came across this post online on one of his Host's platform:
''stop sweating for the righteousness that is free.The day you got born again Jesus made the declaration that your sin meter has been turned off.
What did Abraham do for it to be counted to him as righteousness? He believed God.
God will credit you with righteousness without you having to work for it. The righteousness of God is a gift that must be believed in in order to be received'' - Creflo Dollar

Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 5:23am On Sep 16, 2018
Apart from the usual ''Amen'' Crew, some other Facebook followers didn't take it lightly. Try & see d comments yourself...
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Goshen360(m): 5:36am On Sep 16, 2018
Yes he is right as far as the righteousness of God is concerned

3 Likes

Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 16, 2018
the righteousness of God is by faith in the finished work of Christ

2 Likes

Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by FOWOSHERE01(m): 6:29am On Sep 16, 2018
He came to poju oyemade's The Platform summit
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:44am On Sep 16, 2018
He is right .But we should not abuse that grace by wilfully sinning

1 Like

Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Goshen360(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2018
Kenneth4u205:

You're are right and 100% correct but it is still the Grace of God in the finished works of Christ that gets you out of sin and when we fall into sin.....I mean past, present and future sin. However, sins doesn't make you UN-righteous after you have been made righteousness in the finished works of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Mariangeles(f): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Creflo Dollar was somewhere in Lagos last week, among other preachers....I came across this post online on one of his Host's platform:
''stop sweating for the righteousness that is free.The day you got born again Jesus made the declaration that your sin meter has been turned off.
What did Abraham do for it to be counted to him as righteousness? He believed God.
God will credit you with righteousness without you having to work for it. The righteousness of God is a gift that must be believed in in order to be received'' - Creflo Dollar
Just so we're clear about this, the bible says " for if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin..." Heb 10:26

Let's not abuse the Spirit of grace...

1 Like

Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Goshen360(m): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
Mariangeles:
Just so we're clear about this, the bible says " for if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin..." Heb 10:26

What sin is not wilful? If someone steals or kills, does he or she just jump into the act? Does that mean the sacrifice of Christ doesn't cover those kinds of sins? Bottom line, that's not what that verse is saying IN CONTEXT.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2021
Goshen360:
Yes he is right as far as the righteousness of God is concerned
Creflo dollar is wrong! Abraham, like every other righteous man in the Bible, was not gifted with righteousness but instead was found worthy of it through their works done in obedience to the commandments of God.

Genesis 26 vs 1-5 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now there was a famine. This was like the famine that happened during Abraham’s life. So Isaac went to the town of Gerar, to King Abimelech of the Philistines.
2. The Lord spoke to Isaac and said, “Don’t go down to Egypt. Live in the land that I commanded you to live in.
3. Stay in this land, and I will be with you. I will bless you. I will give you and your family all these lands. I will do what I promised to Abraham your father.
4. I will make your family as many as the stars of heaven, and I will give all these lands to your family. Through your descendants[a] every nation on earth will be blessed.
5. I will do this because your father Abraham obeyed my words and did what I said. He obeyed my commands, my laws, and my rules.”
Jesus Christ declared that He will abide only in those who are worthy of Him, and the only way to proof your worth is through obedience of His commandments. Example of commandments given through which one can prove self are as below....

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.

1 Like

Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kenneth4u205:
He is wrong! The eternal life which you receive when you accept and obey Jesus Christ's command that you believe in Him to be saved, if what grace refers to. It is Jesus Christ that saved you, and then gave you grace in place of Death(God's judgement for sin) -- you are not saved by grace.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
Goshen360:
You're are right and 100% correct but it is still the Grace of God in the finished works of Christ that gets you out of sin and when we fall into sin.....I mean past, present and future sin. However, sins doesn't make you UN-righteous after you have been made righteousness in the finished works of Christ.
He is 100% wrong in this! The grace(eternal life) of God is what we get when redeemed from Death(God's own judgment) by believing in Jesus Christ That grace(eternal life) can be spent in either Heaven or Hell, however. And according to Jesus Christ, those who continue in sin, though they will never be condemned to Die(Death) again, will instead spend their grace(eternal life) in the fires of Hell.
First, what is sin? Sin is disobedience
Disobedience of what? The Law, and in the case of those who believe in Jesus Christ, the Law is contained in the very teachings of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God.

Only those who receive grace(eternal life) and then go on to accept(trust) and obey the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ(the Law) will go on to become righteous. Those who receive grace(eternal life) yet refuse to obey the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ(the Law), Jesus Christ declares, are not of Him but of their father, the devil. undecided

So if according to Jesus Christ, those who have grace(eternal life) and refuse to obey Him are of the devil, how then can they be righteous if they are of the devil? undecided
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
ikorodureporta:
Abraham, like the many righteous before and after him, trusted and obeyed the commands , statutes and rules given him by God- His faith was gained through His trust and obedience of the commandments of God. Genesis 26 vs 1-5. God Himself declares this so.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by BassReeves: 10:12am On May 05, 2021
Goshen360:
What sin is not wilful? If someone steals or kills, does he or she just jump into the act? Does that mean the sacrifice of Christ doesn't cover those kinds of sins? Bottom line, that's not what that verse is saying IN CONTEXT.

Mariangeles:

What's the verse saying IN CONTEXT then?
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Mariangeles(f): 11:22am On May 05, 2021
BassReeves:

What's the verse saying IN CONTEXT then?

I don't engage myself again in or with arguments that are bound to get toxic.

They're not worth my mental energy.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by BassReeves: 11:42am On May 05, 2021
Mariangeles:
I don't engage myself again in or with arguments that are bound to get toxic.

They're not worth my mental energy.
All I asked Goshen360 was a question, not to argue
I dont do arguments either, in fact I avoid them as they often always turn out vulgar and unconvincing
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Mariangeles(f): 11:46am On May 05, 2021
BassReeves:
All I asked Goshen360 was a question, not to argue
I dont do arguments either, in fact I avoid them as they often always turn out vulgar and unconvincing

OK.

I thought you were asking the both of us.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by BassReeves: 2:14pm On May 05, 2021
Mariangeles:
OK.
I thought you were asking the both of us.
No, not you. Apologies for not putting the quotations in their right order.

I mentioned your quote, to serve as a point of reference, being that its your comment, that Goshen360, made 'Bottom line, that's not what that verse is saying IN CONTEXT' to.

Wanted Goshen360, to explain how sees you aren't justified to use Hebrews 10:26 to make a point that having righteousness isn't a license to sin.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by madegreatbygrace(m): 5:09pm On May 05, 2021
Always read the pre-text and post-text before bringing a particular text into context. Trust me, you’d have a better understanding of the Bible if you did that.

Read the entire chapter starting from the beginning , that is, Hebrews 10:1. The author mentioned the willful sin. The gospel was preached to them but they refused to be persuaded . They rejected Jesus Christ as the sacrifice for sin. They believed the blood of bulls and goats will take away their sins.

“But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:3-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Despite overwhelming evidence, they refused to believe that Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for sin. This rejection is the willful sin.

To the text in question:

“For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The knowledge of truth is that Jesus is the sacrifice for sin. So when the author states that there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin, he means there’s no other acceptable sacrifice for sin except what Jesus has done. Jesus is the final solution for sin.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On May 05, 2021
madegreatbygrace:
Always read the pre-text and post-text before bringing a particular text into context. Trust me, you’d have a better understanding of the Bible if you did that.

Read the entire chapter starting from the beginning , that is, Hebrews 10:1. The author mentioned the willful sin. The gospel was preached to them but they refused to be persuaded . They rejected Jesus Christ as the sacrifice for sin. They believed the blood of bulls and goats will take away their sins.

“But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:3-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Despite overwhelming evidence, they refused to believe that Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for sin. This rejection is the willful sin.

To the text in question:

“For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The knowledge of truth is that Jesus is the sacrifice for sin. So when the author states that there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin, he means there’s no other acceptable sacrifice for sin except what Jesus has done. Jesus is the final solution for sin.

But Jesus Christ wasn't a "sacrifice for sin" in much the same way as is described in Hebrews 10 vs 1 -4. undecided

Jesus Christ explained that He was instead a different standard lifted up for them- like the serpent raised up on a staff in the wilderness - , so that those who would look on Him and believe, would be saved ( John 3).
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by LikeAking: 7:39pm On May 05, 2021
He is 100% correct.
Re: See The Type Of Gospel Creflo Dollar Came To Teach In Lagos by OkCornel(m): 7:48pm On May 05, 2021
He that endures to the end shall be saved - Mark 13 v 13.

Read up Jesus’ words;

1) The parable of the vine - John 15 v 1-17
2) The parable of the sheep and the goats - Matthew 25 v 31-46
3) The parable of the sower - Matthew 13 v 1-23
4) The parable of the fisherman, fishing net and the fishes - Matthew 13 v 47-51

Luke 6 v 46; Why call me Lord but do not do the things I say?

If you deny Jesus before men by your words and actions, He will deny you before the Father.

Believing in Jesus goes beyond lip service, your lifestyle has to be the evidence by way of obedience. Walk in the Spirit, bear fruits, endure to the very end, then ye shall be saved.

Don’t be deceived.

(1) (Reply)

27 Dead After Drinking Bleach To Exorcise Demons / Question Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Answer! / What Is The Diffrence Between A Born Again Christain And A Believer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.