Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Shots Fired (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shots Fired (A Short Story) (514 Views)

Shots Fired (a Short Story) / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shots Fired (A Short Story) by anonymousthug(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2018

Re: Shots Fired (A Short Story) by anonymousthug(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tittle: Shots fired.
A Fiction play
Written by: Bright A. A

You see... Love is a beautiful thing I must say, but the thing I don't like about love is that It has two faces.

Face One: Love Can Make You.
Face Two: Love Can Break You.

The love that killed me can also be the same one that gave you back your life. It all depends on fate to decide on how and who we fall in love with. don't go falling when you're suppose to be running.

Things can go from bad to worst in a twinkle of an eye.

Just like these our friends here.

Things stopped being the way they use to with Dave and Semira. These two has been in a relationship for quite some time now, and all was perfect, but not up until now. (THE END OF THE BEGINNING)

David was seen by his girl friend talking to someone on the phone, not knowing that Mira was behind him. He flinched the moment his attention was called upon.

Mira: Baby! (he flinched)

Mira: (looks at him in a strange way) Why are you acting weird?

David: Weird?!?! Me?!?! (he laughs it off even though it wasn't funny)

Mira: well, I Was looking all over the house for you. Who was it on the phone that made you excuse yourself the way you did?

David: oh, the phone? Babe It's no one to worry about.

Mira: OK then, can we go inside now? Am starting to get bored already. (she walks close to him and planted a soft kiss on his forehand, then grabbed his hands to walk him inside)

Mira: my God! Why are your hands damp?

David: (..................)

Mira knows Dave too well. His hands can only be damp when his lying or hiding something. What could that possibly be she thought.

(Hope you're not trying to ask me Abi? Even as the omniscient here, I still don't know why the dude's hands was wet. But we can find out together.)

Ok, Their both back at the sitting room, and nobody was talking to the other, because for some reason Mira thought Dave was hiding something from her, and that's why she's ignoring him even when being spoken to.

David: what is it?

Mira: Mtchewwww (with her head still fixed to her cell phone)

[I swear I hate it when girl's act like this. For Christ sake Nigga ain't do shit! At least not yet.]

David: (phone rings) excuse me I got to take this.

David: (rushed back to the house few minutes later, took his car key, and drove off without saying a word to her)

Mira got off, quickly rushed outside to board a cab, she asked the driver to follow Dave's car to know where he was headed. Dave who does not know he was being followed drove into a hotel.

Mira: the Bleep is he doing here? I knew it. I always knew he was up to something the moment I found out the sweaty fingers. So this piece of shit is seeing someone else?

She slowly walked behind Dave with him not knowing she was behind him.

Dave got to a door, picked up his phone and seem to call the occupant of the room.

David: room 7 right? ...am already at the door step.

Mira who was now filled with rage and anger was thinking of a plan, a plan to know who the slut was, and how she was going to get herself inside the room.

A knock was heard at the door.

David: whose at the door? (Dave answered from the inside)

Feminine voice: it's the room service. Your orders are ready sir.

David: my world! Mira! What are you doing here? (He asked in shock as he opens the door for the supposed room service)

Mira: (she looked round the room) where is she?

David: where is who?

David: Baby calm down! It's not what you think. I can explain.

Mira: did you think I followed you here just so we could dialogue? (She shouted again) where the Bleep is she?

David: (........)

Mira: (she brought out a gun from her mini bag) where is she, goddamn it! (she pointed the gun at him)

David: where did you? ...baby please! I can explain, just put the gun away.

Mira: put the gun away? Like are you serious? The Bleep are you doing in a hotel?

David: (.........)

Mira: oh you've lost your voice right? I said, where is she? (the bathroom shower turns on, and they both faced the direction of the bathroom.

Mira walks to the bathroom door. Pa! Pa! Pa! She fired three shot at the bathroom door. David screams and falls to the ground.

David: Mira no! You just shot your fucking brother!

Mira: (............)

Mira slowly walked to the bathroom door, slowly she opened it. What! the body of her only brother is laying lifeless on the pool of his own blood, she just killed her brother. She screams and turned to face David again.

Mira: (in tears) why didn't you tell me? (Points the gun at him)

David: babe I tried to tell you, but you didn't give me the chance to.

Mira: how long? How long have you been fucking my brother gaddamn it!

David: it's been... Wait, what?! Fucking who? (He asked with shock in his eyes) God! No! That's not what... Like are you serious? Me? gay?

Mira: (with the gun still pointed at him) then how the Bleep are you going to explain the both of you in a hotel room?

David: (shaking vigorously) babe calm down. This was what happened. Earlier today I was on the phone with your brother. I asked him to get me the best ring from his shop that I'll use to propose to you, and that also explains the damp fingers, because i noticed that was why you were kinda angry with me earlier. Babe I was going to propose to you today. I called him again to know why it was taking him time, and he texted this message to me Here. (He handed the phone to her)

Mira took the phone and reads out the massage. The text reads...

From Collins.
David am sorry, but I can't meet with you at your gate. Something came up. Please can you meet me at Grange hills Hotel? There's this girl I've been chatting with on Facebook for quite some time now, and she has agreed to meet me today. The last time we spoke she said she'll meet me in ten minutes, that's why I had to rush to the Hotel and get prepared before she calls back again. As for the ring, I selected four of the best rings I have, and am going to sell it to you for free (lol). kindly Pick the one you think suits her, I'll comeback later to pick the rest. My sister deserves the best. Am really happy for her.

Mira: (slumps)

Grin! Grin! The doorbell rang. The girl whom Her brother had a rendezvous with was at the door.

The End.
Written by: Bright A. A

1 Like

Re: Shots Fired (A Short Story) by Enny2013(f): 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
pathetic..wot a jealous fellow!!!
wot a gud story.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ferocious (Chapter 23 - 26) / f / Mother-in-law - Episode 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.