Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) (45290 Views)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / Baby Born With Four Legs In Bauchi State (Photos) / Indonesian Baby Born With 2 Faces: 2-Month-Old Boy Has An Extra Face And Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by KrystosCJ(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2018
No nose?! Oya, medical students what sort of deficiency or excess is the cause of cyclopism in childbirth?

EDIT: Actually, the correct medical term for this condition is not cyclopism but holoprosencephaly. Google it.

1 Like

Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by JIDEproudAFONJA(f): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by geezynoni: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2018
Jesu
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by wolesmile(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2018
Qdot38945:
Don't tell me you still can't afford to pay for ads
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 17, 2018
Dajal
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by sulasa07(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2018
Paollo:
Wawu
Fafaaya
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Sisijetue(f): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2018
Postinor at work grin
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by FitnessHomme: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by smillingbishop: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2018
shocked how is she breathing, any nose?
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by geezynoni: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2018
KrystosCJ:
No nose?! Oya, medical students what sort of deficiency or excess is the cause of cyclopism in childbirth?

Cyclopsosis
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Yemike(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2018
The child passed away or it's murdered?
Keep fooling yourself.

The mother even ran when she sight her baby.grin I thought mother's love supercedes all other things.grin
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by gambit10: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2018
Cyclops re o
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 10:35am On Sep 17, 2018
A Viking would have been happy that Odin has recarnated.

All viqueens n Vikings no pun intended, Na wetin I read for book,watch for film and hear from friends make me talk so.

1 Like

Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by GreatEngineer(m): 10:35am On Sep 17, 2018
Rextayne:
This baby reminds me of that giant in Odyssey movie.

Yeah, the youngest Polygamous.
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Gkemz: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2018
It's better she died few hours after delivery than to remain alive causing pain for the family. Though it's painful to lose someone but it would have been worse if she remains alive.
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by akdjr(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2018
This is one of the reason why I share the same school of thought with my Uncle (Doctor) who says abortion is not a sin. A scan could have show this defect early enough and flush it out immediately.
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by ogkrakkid(m): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2018
arrival of ODIN no disembacking.
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by ashebbi: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2018
This is real

Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2018
GreatEngineer:

Yeah, the youngest Polygamous.
grin
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Verifiability(m): 10:43am On Sep 17, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Cyclops is here with us

Brace yourself

She died 7 hours after her birth.

Cyclops has returned, sorry!

I'm an experienced chartered accountant. Do you need affordable accounting and other related services for your small business? Check my signature.
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by frowland(m): 10:43am On Sep 17, 2018
Rextayne:
This baby reminds me of that giant in Odyssey movie.
You mean, Cyclops Children of Uranus, Poseidon. Brothers of the Titans. Well, that is according to the Greek methodology.

1 Like

Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2018
Uyi168:
Holy Lucifer..
hahahaha you no well bro
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2018
frowland:

You mean, Cyclops Children of Uranus, Poseidon. Brothers of the Titans. Well, that is according to the Greek methodology.
You are right. grin

1 Like

Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Damseldammie(f): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2018
Hmm... Truly the end is nigh#be prepared
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by alertnigeria: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2018
wooow Moments by Facebookca-app-pub-8289736037163270~3374921159
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by shakyum: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2018
End time baby
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by hush15: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2018
Khed:
A woman shocked doctors when she gave birth to a ‘cyclops’ baby with one eye – but sadly lost her seven hours later. Atana Ariyanto and his wife Suriyanti from Java island in Indonesia, welcomed their fifth child, a girl, at the Rumah Sakit Umum Daerah Hospital of Mandailing Natal district in North Sumatra on Thursday afternoon through a natural birth.

But the baby, who weighed 5lbs, was born with only one eye in the middle of her forehead and a missing nose, although her other organs were complete.

Suriyanti hadn’t undergone an ultrasound and was so shocked to see her daughter that she, along with her husband, shut herself away in the room.

Doctors had put the baby under intensive care where a team of medical staff monitored her condition every 15 minutes, but she tragically passed away at 10.44pm the same night. 

Dr Syarifuddin Nasution, head of the Mandailing Natal District Health Office said: “The baby girl was born in a condition of abnormalities.

“We had to put the oxygen hose from the mouth because there was no nose,”The doctor said babies with these conditions are usually born by caesarean section.In general, such babies experience respiratory problems and heartburn because their heart rate is below 100 per minute. 

Dr Syarifuddin Nasution added: “This is a very rare case.“If her condition had improved, we would have referred her to Medan but we were aware the baby had a very short life expectancy.”

Dr Syarifuddin suspect the cause of the baby’s disabilities was mercury exposure and the Rubella virus.The parents live in the Kayu Jati village, Panyabungan City District where they work in one of the mines.

Source: https://hitng.info/5103/shock-as-baby-is-born-with-one-eye-in-the-middle-of-her-forehead-photos/

in my lifetime, so i will see a real life cyclops. na wa o.
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2018
See suffer when this innocent child come face No nose sef
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by Lizilicious(f): 10:56am On Sep 17, 2018
Jesu!!!!!
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by sirusX(m): 10:58am On Sep 17, 2018
Why does the government still allow people work in areas hazardous to health?

It's best they have a rotation policy than allow a staff spend ling hours in these mines
Re: Indonesian Baby Born With One Eye In The Middle Of Her Forehead (Graphic Photos) by sirusX(m): 10:58am On Sep 17, 2018
Why does the government still allow people work in areas hazardous to health?

It's best they have a rotation policy than allow a staff spend long hours in these mines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange Stuff Growing On My Toe Nail / Body Of Man Who Jumped Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water Recovered / Where To Get 'apple Cider Vineger' In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.